Estia Taverna - New Jersey
140 W. Route 70
Marlton, NJ 08053Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Estia Taverna - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiataverna.com/
- Phone: (856) 596-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Happy Hour is everyday at the bar from 8:30pm - close
A word from Estia Taverna - New Jersey
The stunning restaurant, which is the first of its kind in South Jersey, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home, and a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish, which are flown in from the Greek islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, and procured from independent North American fishermen. We have created a welcoming restaurant designed with the comforts of a typical Greek home. We used materials such as hand-chiseled Jerusalem limestone floors, hand woven rugs, vaulted ceilings, antiqued stucco walls, wood plank floors and exposed wood beams to evoke the traditional atmosphere. A series of dining areas feature rustic farm tables, dark wood chairs with beige cushions and dining nooks with upholstered banquettes. The homelike ambience is accentuated with whitewashed walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia Taverna - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (60)special occasion (54)romantic (24)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (23)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Table service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014After seated asked if we would like to order drinks and then walked away from the table. Ordered 3 fish dinners which were wonderful, fourth dinner was a lamb special which came out 10 minutes later. No visits from the waiter or management during waiting. all three fish dinners were less than warm by the time the lamb was served. Passed off with...desert will be on me. 1! If you are willing to pay $75 per person for food, the kitchen service and table staff need to be worth it too. The food was but not the service or management. Go in with an attitude and demand service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinbobVIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent whole fresh fish selection. Exquisitely prepared. Interesting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia TavernaJoeydeluxedDined on 11/15/2014Fabulous food particularly the seafood dishes. Knowledgeable servers and they're willing to customize your meal to your liking. Expensive but worth it!Special Features:
- ExcellentJerZA80Dined on 11/15/2014Food and service were outstanding although a little pricey for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!LouiseDined on 11/14/2014I had a great meal! Especially liked the octopus appetizer, the grilled dorado, and the lamb chops. Very friendly waiter. FIrst time here. Had been to Estia in CC. Taverna has the advantage of free parking. CC though had excellent pita bread and complementary cookies on the way out= taverna had neither. 3 stars for ambiance only because we got cold draft at our table when door was opened when people entered and left. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinch1VIPDined on 11/14/2014I've noticed this restaurant for about one year. The previous establishments were a Pizza Hut and theso when I walked in the first impression was I'm in south jersey? The hard wood, lite color, stone accents, and lighting made for a comfortable setting. Service was fantastic, menu gives you nice options. That are fabulous! Highly recommend this restaurant for me it's the best non chain in south Jersey. I say that for those of you who like chains?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portion controlmoishVIPDined on 11/11/2014the food was tasty and delicious, the service was good, I had to ask for more water, should have been refreshed without asking, portions were small, my wife had a whole fish, so small it looked like it was taken from the mother's stomach. I had the grouper special, also little small for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere and servicekkmedfordDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated a belated birthday dinner here with 2 other couples Saturday night. When we arrived we were led immediately to our table by a friendly smiling hostess. Our waitress was knowledgeable, professional and polite as were all the other service people. Our food was just the right amount and my husband and i shared the halibut special and the salmon and both were outstanding! We were never rushed and enjoyed a great night out. Highly recommend you try Estia!Special Features:
- Great Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten at Estia in Center City a few times, and it never disappoints, so I was curious to see how Estia "in the suburbs" would compare. I am happy to report that it was excellent. They have the same assortment of fresh fish, grilled and finished very simply with lemon and capers ( I had the Branzino). My husband had the lamb shank which he loved.... the meat just fell off the bone. It is expensive, but for a special night out, it is worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good food.NellDined on 11/3/2014I went with 8 other women for lunch. The restaurant was empty due to late lunch (1:30 reservation). I was disappointed in the saganaki (fried cheese appetizer), but everything else I tried was delicious. The waiter was very slow in getting back to our table to see if we needed anything. The bar area is decorated and designed beautifully - very bright and airy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayDianeDined on 11/1/2014We went for my mother's birthday. She loved it. It was okay, but for the money, there are better restaurants. The portions are very small and very expensive. Everything is a la carte. The molten lava cake was good.
- Greek With StylechefbonDined on 10/30/2014What a nice dinner my husband and I enjoyed on Thursday evening. A beautiful dining room, friendly attentive service and excellent food. I do wish they would offer vegetables to dip in the hummus along with the bread which I don't eat, the hummus was the best, so fresh and heart healthy. My lamb was a little more cooked then medium rare which I requested but it was very tasty. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his shrimp and the sides were good. I wish we weren't so full afterwards, we would have liked to try the desserts which looked great. I especially liked the idea of the Greek yogurt with honey and almonds, a perfect way to end a perfect meal.Special Features:
- KeeksDined on 10/29/2014Great food. We ordered a bunch of appetizers to share and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food are excellentMats336Dined on 10/28/2014We enjoyed our first time at Estia. We had an attentive server, who made appropriate suggestions. We enjoyed the Mediterranean salad, which was large enough to share. Our shrimp and chicken dinners were delicious. We will definitely return to Estia.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real authentic Greek cuisineByobloverDined on 10/25/2014All the food was very tasty and very good. However the cocktails where quite expensiveSpecial Features:
- SavtathreeDined on 10/25/2014We have dined at Estia several times and have always enjoyed a delicious meal. Very pleasant atmosphere and attentive staff.Special Features:
- authentic Greek cuisinelunchmavensDined on 10/25/2014This Greek restaurant is a local gem that has so far gone undiscovered for the most part. The Greek specialties and wines are prepared with care, flavorful, and are well presented. We especially like their fish dishes. Lots of choices of fish, both regional and from the mediterranean as well. We've been there several times and each time there is something new to savor and enjoy. The wines from Greek vineyards compare favorably with the finest French and Italian vintages elsewhere. The servers are knowlegeable and very efficient; they are right on top of everything and are constantly available for questions and taking orders. I highly recommend Estia and we hope they are successful in this highly competitive area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuff!ArtEatsDined on 10/24/2014We were saddened when Pietro's closed at this location, but Estia is a terrific addition to the neighborhood food scene. Offers some standard Greek fare (delicious moussaka), as well as fresh fish, great appetizers and varying specials in a nice setting with excellent service. We've been there three times since it opened and haven't been disappointed.Special Features:
- Always a fun timefun2dineVIPDined on 10/18/2014A beautiful room, but packed to the gills, and, with wooden floors and stonewalls, extremely noisy. However the place is packed continuously, and, everyone is obviously having a wonderful time. this was our fifth visit and we have always enjoyed our meal. The food is delicious and while the service is sometimes spotty, we have always enjoyed ourselves completely. You do have to be observant of your surroundings here because the tables are so close together you should expect the waiter the bang into your table as they're trying to serve food and collect dishes. The only criticism Aside from the noise and the overwork staff that can't really provide gradate service, the food transcends all. You shall enjoy this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overpricedlike2dineDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was good and service was excellent but for the price, $138.00, for two people with appetizers and two drinks each, the food should have been tastier. We have been to less expenses greek restauarants where the food had more taste to it. In my opinion the tomatoes in the octopus appetizer overpowered the octopus and the sea bass was bland. And no olives given on the table when there was a large bowl near the kitchen. But we did like the ambience and the bar area looks like a great spot for happy hour just no music but there are two big screen TV's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visitWallaceVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our evening exceeded our expectation. My wife and I both agreed that every dish, plus service and decor were an A+. We will definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Good food, but too noisy to talk!JVAfromNJVIPDined on 10/17/2014Five members of our family dined together on Friday evening. We hadn't seen each other for months and hoped to "catch up." However, the noise level was beyond "energetic," it was annoyingly loud. We couldn't converse without raising our voices. The food was very good, so we may go back for one more try, just not on a weekend evening. I wonder, too, why restaurants like Estia Taverna spend so much money to have their space designed to look beautiful but do not consider decibel level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinglesJinglesVIPDined on 10/17/2014An almost empty restaurant and yet they set our party of three next to a party of six. We had to ask to be moved so we could talk due to the noise of the party of six. No consideration or thought of guests from management.
- Enjoyable lunch for two.eileenVIPDined on 10/11/2014Quiet Saturday mid-afternoon lunch for two. Everything was tasty, well-presented and served by an exceptional waiter! Looking forward to coming back for dinner. The brunch menu looked very good. The soup was yummy. Spanikopita delish. The renovations to the restaurant are fabulous. Good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RERE10RERE10Dined on 10/10/2014Octopus was fantastic. Lamb chops were cooked perfect. Desserts are incredible. Service was very good. Enjoy eating at the bar and at a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daveDined on 10/2/2014Wait staff were very professional.. Attentive and helpful with meal selections.. Veal shank, snapper, and bronzino were outstanding along with the appetizers of grilled octopus and the greek tomato salad is the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well kept secretJoeydeluxedDined on 10/1/2014Our second time here and it was as good as the first. Just the freshest seafood we've ever had! Wonderful greek salads and great deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingoutandaboutDined on 9/30/2014Returned after a great first experience. Had the special, boneless lamb shank Disappointing on every level, quality, portion size, taste.....probably should have sent it back, but was with a group of 7 Appetizers were very good, and I shared someone's fish, which was good. My daughter had a bad experience also. They tried twice to cook her salmon medium rare. First try was way overcooked, 2nd try was raw. Not what you expect from this type of restaurant Considering the price, I probably won't go back for a long time Unfortunately this restaurants story ends on a very bad note for us. I went from a strong recommendation, to a very cautious......just go for the whole fishSpecial Features:
- fantastic...must try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014fantastic food..ambiance... service. A foodie must try! already planning my next meal upon return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryKateDined on 9/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. Something different other than the numerous burger joints and Italian restaurants. If you are going on the weekend be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish with a Greek flair!Noteasy2pleaseVIPDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic fresh fish!! The food is fresh and made to order. Amazing organic salmon! You must try the octopus appetizer. The taverna atmosphere makes Estia a great place for special occasions, or simply a fun, delicious dining experience. Bar is a great place to sit, as well.Special Features:
- Opa !cmomtennisDined on 9/27/2014Went with friends. We all love Greek food and this was excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- moishVIPDined on 9/21/2014always great, fish is fresh and well prepared, server was great,
- Great atmosphere, too noisyMackieDined on 9/20/2014While all of the food was excellent and the interiors are beautiful, the restaurant was so noisy that it was very difficult to talk to each other.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good.WhateverVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went on a busy Friday night, service was friendly but a little spotty. Swordfish was outstanding, would order again in a heartbeat. Octopus app. and dessert/coffee also quite good.Special Features:
- Reliably tasty and friendlySONJmattDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed a last minute lunch with my wife and 4 year old daughter on a beautiful Friday afternoon. We both enjoyed the fish special which was a light flakey white fish, pan seared with a side of Briam (roasted veggies in tomatoe base), loved it. The waiter, we have had the pleasure of his service several times now, was great. He offered Greek wine suggestions and also helped make the 4 year old's experience pleasant. Love the octopus over chickpea purée with picked red onion as well as the thinly sliced zucchini and eggplant chips with tzadziki. Still proving to be a great south jersey dining experience. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Great atomosphere ... Great selection of fish ... nice bar set up! Would definitely recommend to friends and we will be back.
- Really Enjoy This Restaurantfun2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014These folks really know how to operate a great restaurant. They took a good casual Italian and turned it into a very good Greek specialty house. The interior is charming, although it is normally full and obviously no thought was given to deadning the sound. We find that just adds to the charm of this steadily improving venue. Management takes pride in accommodating special requests and you should find your table waiting for you, there is no sign that they overbook. The food is, quite simply, delicious. My wife enjoyed one of her favorite cocktails, and, a fried cheese delicacy . I had the crabcake and lentils, an amazing treat for me, and, our entrées were delicious! Lamb cooked to perfection and a wonderful Greek pasta. Try Esteria, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, bad serviceBubbie2VIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our 2nd time at Estia and we all agree the food is good but the service leaves a lot to be desired. It took quite some time for the server to get to us. She never came back to offer another another drink until we were almost done with our entrée. My water glass was dirty. My husband and I had 2 different fishes and they looked and tasted exactly the same, the portions were small. We loved Pietros and we would be so happy if it came back!!!!
- Absolutely SplendidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food, service, ambience! Bravo! Must try in Marlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.