Estia Taverna - New Jersey
140 W. Route 70
Marlton, NJ 08053Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
Estia Taverna - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiataverna.com/
- Phone: 8565965500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Happy Hour is everyday at the bar from 8:30pm - close
A word from Estia Taverna - New Jersey
The stunning restaurant, which is the first of its kind in South Jersey, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home, and a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish, which are flown in from the Greek islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, and procured from independent North American fishermen. We have created a welcoming restaurant designed with the comforts of a typical Greek home. We used materials such as hand-chiseled Jerusalem limestone floors, hand woven rugs, vaulted ceilings, antiqued stucco walls, wood plank floors and exposed wood beams to evoke the traditional atmosphere. A series of dining areas feature rustic farm tables, dark wood chairs with beige cushions and dining nooks with upholstered banquettes. The homelike ambience is accentuated with whitewashed walls.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia Taverna - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (73)good for groups (56)special occasion (50)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (22)romantic (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (15)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a fun timefun2dineVIPDined on 10/18/2014A beautiful room, but packed to the gills, and, with wooden floors and stonewalls, extremely noisy. However the place is packed continuously, and, everyone is obviously having a wonderful time. this was our fifth visit and we have always enjoyed our meal. The food is delicious and while the service is sometimes spotty, we have always enjoyed ourselves completely. You do have to be observant of your surroundings here because the tables are so close together you should expect the waiter the bang into your table as they're trying to serve food and collect dishes. The only criticism Aside from the noise and the overwork staff that can't really provide gradate service, the food transcends all. You shall enjoy this venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overpricedlike2dineDined on 10/18/2014The atmosphere was good and service was excellent but for the price, $138.00, for two people with appetizers and two drinks each, the food should have been tastier. We have been to less expenses greek restauarants where the food had more taste to it. In my opinion the tomatoes in the octopus appetizer overpowered the octopus and the sea bass was bland. And no olives given on the table when there was a large bowl near the kitchen. But we did like the ambience and the bar area looks like a great spot for happy hour just no music but there are two big screen TV's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st visitWallaceVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our evening exceeded our expectation. My wife and I both agreed that every dish, plus service and decor were an A+. We will definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Good food, but too noisy to talk!JVAfromNJDined on 10/17/2014Five members of our family dined together on Friday evening. We hadn't seen each other for months and hoped to "catch up." However, the noise level was beyond "energetic," it was annoyingly loud. We couldn't converse without raising our voices. The food was very good, so we may go back for one more try, just not on a weekend evening. I wonder, too, why restaurants like Estia Taverna spend so much money to have their space designed to look beautiful but do not consider decibel level!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JinglesJinglesVIPDined on 10/17/2014An almost empty restaurant and yet they set our party of three next to a party of six. We had to ask to be moved so we could talk due to the noise of the party of six. No consideration or thought of guests from management.
- Enjoyable lunch for two.eileenDined on 10/11/2014Quiet Saturday mid-afternoon lunch for two. Everything was tasty, well-presented and served by an exceptional waiter! Looking forward to coming back for dinner. The brunch menu looked very good. The soup was yummy. Spanikopita delish. The renovations to the restaurant are fabulous. Good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RERE10RERE10Dined on 10/10/2014Octopus was fantastic. Lamb chops were cooked perfect. Desserts are incredible. Service was very good. Enjoy eating at the bar and at a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daveDined on 10/2/2014Wait staff were very professional.. Attentive and helpful with meal selections.. Veal shank, snapper, and bronzino were outstanding along with the appetizers of grilled octopus and the greek tomato salad is the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well kept secretJoeydeluxedDined on 10/1/2014Our second time here and it was as good as the first. Just the freshest seafood we've ever had! Wonderful greek salads and great deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointingoutandaboutDined on 9/30/2014Returned after a great first experience. Had the special, boneless lamb shank Disappointing on every level, quality, portion size, taste.....probably should have sent it back, but was with a group of 7 Appetizers were very good, and I shared someone's fish, which was good. My daughter had a bad experience also. They tried twice to cook her salmon medium rare. First try was way overcooked, 2nd try was raw. Not what you expect from this type of restaurant Considering the price, I probably won't go back for a long time Unfortunately this restaurants story ends on a very bad note for us. I went from a strong recommendation, to a very cautious......just go for the whole fishSpecial Features:
- fantastic...must try!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014fantastic food..ambiance... service. A foodie must try! already planning my next meal upon return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryKateDined on 9/27/2014Great food and atmosphere. Something different other than the numerous burger joints and Italian restaurants. If you are going on the weekend be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish with a Greek flair!Noteasy2pleaseVIPDined on 9/27/2014Fantastic fresh fish!! The food is fresh and made to order. Amazing organic salmon! You must try the octopus appetizer. The taverna atmosphere makes Estia a great place for special occasions, or simply a fun, delicious dining experience. Bar is a great place to sit, as well.Special Features:
- Opa !cmomtennisDined on 9/27/2014Went with friends. We all love Greek food and this was excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- moishVIPDined on 9/21/2014always great, fish is fresh and well prepared, server was great,
- Great atmosphere, too noisyMackieDined on 9/20/2014While all of the food was excellent and the interiors are beautiful, the restaurant was so noisy that it was very difficult to talk to each other.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good.WhateverVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went on a busy Friday night, service was friendly but a little spotty. Swordfish was outstanding, would order again in a heartbeat. Octopus app. and dessert/coffee also quite good.Special Features:
- Reliably tasty and friendlySONJmattDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed a last minute lunch with my wife and 4 year old daughter on a beautiful Friday afternoon. We both enjoyed the fish special which was a light flakey white fish, pan seared with a side of Briam (roasted veggies in tomatoe base), loved it. The waiter, we have had the pleasure of his service several times now, was great. He offered Greek wine suggestions and also helped make the 4 year old's experience pleasant. Love the octopus over chickpea purée with picked red onion as well as the thinly sliced zucchini and eggplant chips with tzadziki. Still proving to be a great south jersey dining experience. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Great atomosphere ... Great selection of fish ... nice bar set up! Would definitely recommend to friends and we will be back.
- Really Enjoy This Restaurantfun2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014These folks really know how to operate a great restaurant. They took a good casual Italian and turned it into a very good Greek specialty house. The interior is charming, although it is normally full and obviously no thought was given to deadning the sound. We find that just adds to the charm of this steadily improving venue. Management takes pride in accommodating special requests and you should find your table waiting for you, there is no sign that they overbook. The food is, quite simply, delicious. My wife enjoyed one of her favorite cocktails, and, a fried cheese delicacy . I had the crabcake and lentils, an amazing treat for me, and, our entrées were delicious! Lamb cooked to perfection and a wonderful Greek pasta. Try Esteria, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, bad serviceBubbie2VIPDined on 9/13/2014This is our 2nd time at Estia and we all agree the food is good but the service leaves a lot to be desired. It took quite some time for the server to get to us. She never came back to offer another another drink until we were almost done with our entrée. My water glass was dirty. My husband and I had 2 different fishes and they looked and tasted exactly the same, the portions were small. We loved Pietros and we would be so happy if it came back!!!!
- Absolutely SplendidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food, service, ambience! Bravo! Must try in Marlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedinnerDined on 9/11/2014food was very fresh and delicious. bar made great drinks. service started off slow then picked up ... loved it so muchSpecial Features:
- Great foodJoeydeluxedDined on 9/10/2014The food at Estia was extremely good although a bit pricey. Our group had 2 fish dishes, chicken and lamb chops. All were prepared very well. The grilled octopus appetizer was one of the best I've ever eaten. However, for desert we all baklava which was an extreme disappointment. We will return again and would recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperLBSuperLBVIPDined on 9/8/2014My guest & I had an excellent dining experience. Service was excellent & complimentary dessert was a nice way of apologizing for my platter being initially Luke warm.Special Features:
- Nice first visitMarlenieGSVIPDined on 9/7/2014We love Estia in town. This has different menu. First course fantastic mussels in wonderful sauce. Had special of the day which was grilled Dorado. Very good. Lamb chops delicious also. Nice cocktail and wine selection. Beautiful decor. We will return.Special Features:
- DianneDined on 9/6/2014THE BEST AUTHENTIC GREEK FOOD ANYWHERE!!!? GRILLED OCTUS TO DIE FRSpecial Features:
- fabulous birthday lunchJerseyMomDined on 9/4/2014A friend offered to take me out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. I chose Estia for the occasion to try it out. We had an early lunch midweek and had a wonderful experience. Our waiter could not have been more friendly or helpful, the food was delicious and the ambiance perfect for a quiet and sophisticated lunch. I understand it gets crowded on the weekends, but I will be returning on a regular basis for its wonderful lunch atmosphere. How fortunate we are that Estia has come to South Jersey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The food was great. The service was good. The prices are a bit high for Marlton, NJ. Overall, we left the restaurant happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss MarieRERE10Dined on 8/29/2014I brought 5 other people with me who are hard to please and everyone said they would come back. I have only been there twice and the place was crowded both times.Special Features:
- Good PlaceGreatfoodDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful resturant with great food and terrific serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!Chris77Dined on 8/28/2014The three-course business lunch was such a great deal. There was a limited selection but both my dining partner and I chose from this menu and enjoyed every bite! The bifteki souvlaki was delicious and the karidopita melted in my mouth. I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealAnniversaryDined on 8/17/2014Since we could not make it to Greece, we went to Estia's to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great, as always and the service was great. View were disappointed that I forgot to ask for Anthony but Jennifer was great also. I loved the chocolate lava cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMichaelVIPDined on 8/16/2014Every once in a while you come across a real gem...this place is just that. Everything about it was the best!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerGGQ44Dined on 8/16/2014Our meal was absolutely wonderful..We were in a bit of a high traffic area, and the noise level was was a bit high at times - especially when the bar was full. Leon was great and did explain everything to us. Will definitely eat there again.. Great to try some authentic Greek dishes. We have not experienced this before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good to be thereWolfiDined on 8/15/2014It was a great time, good service, the waitress was a pleasure and the food outstanding. Been there the 3rd time.Special Features:
- Always great.babybette1VIPDined on 8/15/2014This is the second time we have been there and it was wonderful again! Great Seafood. Love the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- connielouVIPDined on 8/13/2014At first you pass the fresh fish on ice before begin seated. The menu is above the ordinary. We share a alb black bass encrusted in salt to bake, flambéd at table side and then filleted in the kitchen. The green parsley sauce wiped attractively across the plate was a nice accompaniment The only negatives, the view of the parking lots could have been concealed with sheers and the bank seating had no firmness and was not comfortable.Special Features:
- Great ServicechfoodieDined on 8/9/2014Had to increase reservations from 6 to 8 people at last minute. VERY accommodating staff. Made it happen in less than 10 minutes and all guests were seated on time. Food is great, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMidgeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Not the original. The selection is more limited but the prices remain the same. If you choose carefully you can still get quality for your dollar