88 Washington Street
South Norwalk, CT 06854Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiagreekrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2039560101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday - 11:30AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Estia is a beautiful, and chic restaurant located in a the heart of historic South Norwalk.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Gavrielidis 2038663364
A word from Estia
Cozy comfortable atmosphere with a traditional Greek menu. Estia offers Fairfield County's most extensive Greek wine list. The only way to get more authentic Greek food is to travel to Greece and get it yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Estia reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)romantic (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food NirvanaScottStamfordVIPDined on 9/4/2014This a great place with excellent service and an extensive menu. The food is fantastic and I look forward to going back. Good Greek wine also! And of course amazing desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding! Love this place!FairfieldFoodieDined on 7/23/2014I can't say enough good things about this place. The food is PHENOMENAL! Octopus, stuffed grape leaves, tyrokafteri and zucchini chips are all amazing, and brought to us by a server who really took pride in the place. Really quiet on a Wednesday night, but only made the dinner more enjoyable for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... Lacking serviceAuntjoeyDined on 7/11/2014Our waitress was as sweet as pie and tried very hard. Service though was very slow.
- Like being in GreeceLovetoeatoutDined on 7/8/2014Delicious Greek food and wine. The snapper is excellent. Good for groups so everyone can sample the many menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itBarbDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed it so much Thursday, that we plan to return Sunday and bring our friends. The service and food were super BUT the noise level was perfect. We were able to talk with each other while we enjoyed our meal. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMamaJDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good. It was nice to see a good number of choices for restaurant week. Most only offer 2 or 3. I would definitely come back. It was too bad they ran out of octopus, I wanted to try it. The desserts were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayStellaDined on 6/12/2014The food and service was terrific. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nothing extraordinaryJoseVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was just ok. The moussaka, typical dish from Greece, was acceptable, we have had better ones at other Greek restaurants. We arrived at 6:00 pm, and even though it was a Saturday, the place was empty. The service was good. They charged $10 each for white sangria glasses, which had more ice than anything else.
- Great dinnerrstuVIPDined on 5/28/2014We went on a weeknight and sat at the bar. The bartender was marvelous and she was very engaging. It wasn't that crowded that evening but you could sense it was a hot spot. The food was great, the service was fine and the bill was a good value. Try the souvlaki and the flaming cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the Estia reviews archive.
- Excellent!ReddogDined on 5/17/2014Some of the best Greek food we have ever had. Small menu with everything excellent. Appetizer portions are big, so recommend splitting them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still love it here!FairfieldFoodieDined on 5/8/2014Been here several times now... was really WOWED the first time, and second time was just as good, which is hard to pull off. This time was slightly different. This place was really slow midweek which means a really quiet atmosphere; but it also should mean amazing service, which just didn't happen... we couldn't find our waitress most of the night. Food was delicious as usual, but portions were a little smaller (octopodi was only one piece, always had two in the past). Got to meet the owner this time, what a great guy! Check this place out if you haven't yet, the food really is incredible!Special Features:
- Good food, better serviceJbrfld1Dined on 4/29/2014It's nice to have a Greek place nearby. Food was good and the service friendly. Some of the appetizers (beets with tzatiki) were so cold that there was no flavor leading me to believe they were made days ago and sat in the refrigerator. On a Tuesday, I understand that, but I'm not sure you want to have that all the time across the board.Special Features:
- Two for two- love it here!FairfieldFoodieDined on 3/12/2014Came on a rainy Wednesday; it was us and two other groups. Food was phenomenal, service was fantastic and friendly. Keep up the great work and you have a customer for life!Special Features:
- EVERYTHING on the menu is fabulous!FairfieldFoodieDined on 2/22/2014We went with friends and ordered tapas style; they have so many appetizers to choose from and all were amazing! I recommend two of the cheese appetizers; the goat cheese whipped with pistachios and almonds, and the flambeed Greek cheese(Saganaki)- to die for! Also good were the grilled octopus and the zucchini chips. For dinner we split the lamb chops and the mixed grill for 2-- which is more like a mixed grill for 4! Very generous portions, attentive waitstaff (thanks Dennis!), and you leave full and happy, dreaming of what you're going to order next time you're there!Special Features:
- Excellent food at EstiaAT123VIPDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I had an enjoyable early dinner at Estia on Saturday night. Favorite items were a grilled octopus starter and my mediterranean bass. Our server was great and the restaurant is spacious and inviting. We would definitely try Estia again!Special Features:
- Valentine's DateCliffDined on 2/14/2014Our first tome to Estia, we will most definitely be back. The Greek salad was great, as was the sponakopita, nice large portion. I was also felling adventuresome and tried the grilled octopus. That was just as delicious as the rest of the appetizers. Our main course was the mixed grill for two. We couldn't finish it, there was so much. We passed on dessert, but ere impressed with what we saw around us. As it was valentines day evening, I would hope that the server we had was just a little overwhelmed. Watching the tables around us, with a different server, the waitress was right on the ball with everything. Our server was just slow on the pick-up tha drinks were empty and then not return for quite some time. Overall highly recommended!.Special Features:
- Dinner on Valentine's day 2014m45tDined on 2/14/2014We had attentive service and excellent food. Would definitely recommend and we plan on coming back!Special Features:
- Another Great Meal & serviceDWBCPAVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was our visit to Estia. Food is excellent as is the service. Prices are very reasonable. The owner Carol is very attentive to her patrons. We will be back again.Special Features:
- We were a group of 4. We sharedthefridaygroupVIPDined on 1/18/2014We were a group of 4. We shared the apetizer sample, which was very good. Portions are large and sides can definitely be shared by two to three people. Three of us fish, which was served as a filet, but along with the tail and head, which we felt was not necessary. Maybe this is a Greek custom. We thught the food was fine, but not enough to go back. The restaurant is comfortable and tables are not too close,Special Features:
- Never going backOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/18/2014I didn't end up eating here-my husband and I were put off by the rudeness when we walked it. I had made a reservation 3-4 days in advance for 2. We get to the restaurant and are shown the 'only' table for 2 available. Half the restaurant was empty. And it was in THE WORST possible spot. We asked for another table, we said sorry, too bad, all the rest are taken. I mean, CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYONE? Its the third time I tried this place. The old is good, but the service is SUB PAR and rude. They probably only know how to cater to parties of 8 or more. I hate spending money where people are rude to you. get a clue-you guys are in SoNo....NOT NYC.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinnertymelyronVIPDined on 1/11/2014had dinner here Saturday night, enjoyed sitting at the table by the window watching the sidewalk crowd walk by; appetizers were phyllo wrapped feta and eggplant garlic spread, with entrees of mousaka and chcken souvlaki; portions were large and tasted very good; topped dinner off with baklava for dessert; service was prompt and professional, liked the lack of noise so conversation was easy, though it was due in part to minimal crowd; hope more people go, would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTessieVIPDined on 1/10/2014My dinner at Estia (my first time there) was disappointing. They recently started advertising on cable and the commercial was good enough to get me to try it. Our mussels appetizer was average tasting and did not come hot. some of the mussels were lukewarm. Their tatziki appetizer was good but a small portion considering the price. My friend had a wonderful NYStrip which he raved about and it looked and tasted very good, was cooked the way he wanted and it came with a large mound of squash and a few greek style potatoes. I ordered the swordfish which came in chunks on top of orzo. It was just "ok" . Too many other restaurants in SoNo to try so I probably will not return to Estia.
- Great Food. Worst Service EverToddDined on 1/3/2014We came in on a quiet night. We were a party of 9 and there were only a couple people eating at the bar. The host pointed and said your table is over there. If this was my restaurant, on a night like this, I'd have been fawning over this table. We got water right away but it probably took 10 minutes until someone asked for our drink order. During the mean, no one checked on us to see how it was. All that said, the food was great. I had the seafood Orzo. My wife's Lemon Chicken Soup was great. Because of the food, I'll give it a second chance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Greek, convenientlyDMF1902VIPDined on 11/30/2013Very good Greek, conveniently located in SoNo. Dourade was excellent, lamb chops were cooked exactly to order. Appetizers were good, but anything fried was a bit greasy. One disappointment: souvlaki available only in chicken or pork -- no lamb. Staff was very friendly and service was good.Special Features:
- Always a great mealEKG1VIPDined on 11/16/2013We have regular customers since they opened. EVERY meal has been outstanding. Consistently perfect. Hard to find another restaurant to compete with it. Fish is cooked the way fish is supposed to be cooked!Special Features:
- Estia in SonoFairfieldfoodieDined on 10/19/2013We were seated right away (thanks to our Open Table reservation). Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The food was excellent. We were there with another couple so we shared appetizers to start. The baked goat cheese with honey and almonds was heavenly, though we felt it should be served with pita. The grilled octopus was fresh and tasty. The Estie chips with fresh Greek yogurt dip was outstanding. We tried a Greek white wine and were pleasantly surprised. It was a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Greek RestaurantDWBCPAVIPDined on 9/1/2013Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and our Open Table reservation was confirmed. The atmosphere was that of a cozy warm restaurant. Food was very fresh and tasty and very reasonably priced. Carol the owner came over to check on us several times. When we were leaving I told her that I had grown up on Astoria Queens where there are many Greeks and wonderful restaurants. She was very chatty and told us they had only been open about a year. We will be back again. If you like Greek Food five Estia a try you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Greek food in niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2013Very good Greek food in nice neighborhood downtown settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia was better than expected.DeanJCDined on 8/17/2013Estia was better than expected. The food choices were great and they have an excellent selection of Greek wines. The prix fix menu is a good deal and you won't leave hungry. In fact we had plenty of leftovers to bring home. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek in SoNopinkbugVIPDined on 8/8/2013I hope I go at odd times as this wonderful restaurant is often empty. It would be a shame that such a consistently great Greek dining experience in SoNo doesn't survive the tough restaurant survival curve. I will continue to return regularly for the best Greek food in Norwalk.Special Features:
- EstiadorasDined on 7/19/2013The location, ambiance, quality of food was very good at Estia. Our two appetizers (calamari and dried sausage) were really outstanding, however, I found the menu a little on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good goodBarbDined on 7/5/2013Excellent service, good food and we were able to enjoy the conversation.Special Features:
- OK 2 for 2 - once again EstiaGTPETEDined on 6/28/2013OK 2 for 2 - once again Estia cranks it out with another great dinner - this time we added a couple more to our party and the food and drink were again spot on - hostess/owner was attentive and responsive to anything we needed. Our Astoria runs for good Greek could end with this little gem! Everything was fresh and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek food; GrilledMagnumDined on 6/27/2013Excellent Greek food; Grilled fresh octopus was the best we have ever had; Fresh ingredients; atmosphere was well appointed; service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek!SkooVIPDined on 6/15/2013Love the coffee! They have a great menu I tried quiet a few things when I went all where great!Special Features:
- Forget Astoria, come hereGTPETEDined on 6/8/2013Haroula was most welcoming from the minute we walked in this past Sat nite. It was just my wife, 4 yr child and I and the ambiance, quaintness and quality of the menu was perfect for all 3 of us. I'm most impressed by an owner that actually worked the floor and you could not tell that she was an owner - came over no less than 3 times to check on us and especially our young one and that was in addition to the waitress and waiter that came over to serve us. This hot-spot saves us a trip to Astoria NY for a reasonable price. Apps were so good, we couldnt even get to the Main Courses. Great job!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great greek foodJsimmsCTDined on 5/24/2013I had the seafood youvetski. The flavor was savory and the seafood was plentiful. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food came out quick and was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; service was meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013Our Byelorussian waiter was well intentioned but he struggled to understand our order as his English was poor. Also, it was hard to hear each other at our table as we were directly under a speaker. That said, the food was excellent. Especially the mixed grill and the baklava Would definitely go black, but will ask for a different table and a different waiter.
- Wonderful homemade Greek food!Charlotte59VIPDined on 4/26/2013Wonderful homemade Greek food! Terrific wine selection. Excellent service, too. We have been here three times in the past 6 weeks -- and we'll go again. Another gem in SoNo!Special Features:
- Pleasant dining room and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2013Pleasant dining room and very attentive service. Appetizers were good, if unexceptional in taste or presentation: a Greek salad, grilled octopus and tzatziki. Two of the four entrees ordered were the grilled lambchops. Both were requested medium rare and both came medium well, with no hint of pink. Accompanying vegetables were ok, with nothing to distinguish them in taste or preparation. The fish entrees were fine, but nothing to write home about. Our party did not order dessert.