Estia - Philadelphia
1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Estia - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157357700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Estia features live music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 6pm.
A word from Estia - Philadelphia
The stunning restaurant, which is first of its kind in Philadelphia, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home & a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish which are flown in from the Greek Islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia, & Portugal. Guests are able to choose from Estia’s expansive display & watch chefs cook their fish to perfection over a charcoal grill in the sparkling open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)fit for foodies (141)good for groups (118)romantic (106)neighborhood gem (72)notable wine list (52)great for lunch (50)great for brunch (29)hot spot (25)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014Fish was excellent ; the octopus appetizer was not as good as usual and the original cocktail was not the correct one. But all in all, a pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad for restaurant week customersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I think the restaurant cuts price a lot for restaurant week, so the customer for the "special menu" also got a "special service". It is understandable considering the lower tips out of the lower bill. Waited for more than a hour for the first entree, no one showed up to refill water, dropped the bill on the table, waited for additional 30 min to have someone pick up my credit card.Special Features:
- Excellent and elegant choiceTeachjjDined on 9/14/2014Estia is an excellent choice for food lovers seeking Quality meal selections for a good value especially with the theater and specialty menus. Food is fresh and flavorful. This is a great introduction to Mediterranean and Greek cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Just what we wanted! The ambience and decor was right up our ally! Not fancy or pretentious but still upscale and vibrant. It was a bit on the louder side but what do you expect from a Greek restaurant? The service was right on! We were greeted with a smile and accommodated when we asked for a special table. The waiter must eat there all the time! He knew every item as if he cooked it himself. The food!!! We had a couple apps, split a salad and lamb and fish for entrees. Every part of this dinner and night was a home run!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please go!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was a lovely dining experience. The fish is very fresh and simply prepared and is delicious! The service is fine, available, low key and responsive and the waiter answered all questions without telling us his favorite foods which was a relief. Desserts were very good as well. We asked for a quiet table and although the place was buzzing we actually got a quiet booth. I fully recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- SuezDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service,but this time we found the restaurant (at least our area) very dark. This was annoying and detracted from the dining experience . We come here often,but have never had this complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencepennDined on 9/12/2014I went to Estia during Restaurant Week with my family. The meal was fantastic: I had the Saganaki (fried cheese) for appetizer, the lamb chops with potatoes for the entree, and the Greek yogurt for dessert. The lamb chops were succulent and delicious, the potatoes very-well seasoned. The fried cheese was a little salty but it went well with some bread. The dessert was light and a great end to the meal. My only two negative comments are regarding the service and the atmosphere. The waiter did not bring he usual bread and hummus spread at the beginning; I had to ask. The food took a little long to arrive (probably because of the crowd). It was a bit irritating though that people were taking so much flash photography.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week DinnerAndiDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have been coming here for years. Have been here for restaurant week, holidays and just regular dinners. We came here last Friday night with my sister and our friends and loved it once again. I highly recommend Estia.Special Features:
- Mini Greek vacation for lunch?NinettaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Estia consistently delivers authentic Greek food, outstanding friendly service (Andreas was our waiter on this visit) in a beautiful setting. I was in the mood for a hamburger (delicious with perfect country-style fries) but I can never resist their refreshingly delicious tomato salad with red onions, olives, and feta!!! The bread is the best Italian with a hard crust, perfect for all dipping. Beginning with the authentically sweet hostesses, to the wait staff, to the manager who circulates and makes sure customers are happy, Estia has a terrific team in front of the house to support the great food! I keep coming back to Estia for a relaxing and delicious meal anytime I crave good hospitality in a beautiful setting...highly recommend!Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceRightDined on 9/11/2014Out waiter was very, very good. The food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodNikFDined on 9/11/2014Checked it out for Restaurant Week. The waiter (possibly the manager or owner?) recommended the branzino, and it was incredibly fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.WillGoAgainDined on 9/11/2014I have been for lunch and dinner and am never disappointed. The food is cooked perfectly, presented nicely, and the service is excellent. I would recommend for small and large groups, or just for a night out for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always, WonderfulTheBigCheeseVIPDined on 9/10/2014We never had a bad meal at Estiua. This time, we had the whole Sea Bass and the Lamb Chops. Everything was great. The Octopus appetizer was tender, the fish was fresh and the chops were tasty. Oh yes, the Baklava desert was heavenly.Special Features:
- Greek at its BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014We dine frequently at Estia. However, I went with 2 friends for lunch during Restaurant Week. They loved it and we have made a date to go back again.Special Features:
- Deliciously different.....CabanaBoyandGirlDined on 9/10/2014The food was excellent. Some items that I have never seen on a menu. All very tasty.Special Features:
- Came here for restaurant weekZoofoodieDined on 9/9/2014Glad I tried it, but not likely to return - the food is good, but nothing outstanding in a town full of great restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Food was absolutely delicious. Noise level was actually painful.Special Features:
- Love this Place!JoAnnDined on 9/9/2014I have nothing to say but good things for Estia. We were a large party of 10 and everyone loved their food. From appetizer to dessert this was truly a wonderful night. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- SouchDined on 9/9/2014Enjoyed an excellent meal with prompt friendly service. Restaurant week menu features dishes from regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerspecopsDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent - service to match. Highly recommended for business dinner.Special Features:
- A great findMedia101VIPDined on 9/8/2014Recently had a business dinner at Estia and the whole experience was great. The food and service was exceptional and we were able to talk with no distractions and no feeling of being rushed. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- FabulouseatoutalotVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Estia. Always fantastic food, service is excellent and atmosphere is wonderful. What more is there to say. You should eat here!
- perfect pre-theatrecormac7VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great food, lovely restaurant, and wonderful people - we have enjoyed the restaurant for several dinners, but also find it to be convenient for pre-theatre when going to matinee. And you can get the same food, but at reduced costs if you select the special fixed price lunches - doesn't include all the menu, but enough great choices (such as whole bronzino grilled and the octopus appetizer i love) to appeal to at least a few in our party. And the lamb and halibut (not on the special menu) are both spectacular.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014Excellent every time we go. All dishes are superb. Fresh fish is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent overallcn71Dined on 9/2/2014Delicious food; great choices; knowledgable waiter including selection of Greek wine. Pre theater menu is a real bargain at $30 with diverse choice and reasonable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner & TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014We had an early quiet, romantic dinner before the theater...great staff from the minute we walked in, quiet atmosphere and amazing food. The perfect date night !!Special Features:
- Always on the MarknjseadooerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Every aspect of Estia was on the mark on our last visit. I enjoyed the bourbone and my wife enjoyed the lamb chops. Pricing was reasonable as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food lousy serviceDinerDined on 8/29/2014Place was empty waiters standing around talking to each other brought main course for me long before my partners came also hate this new custom of bus boy bringing food instead of waiters he put food down in the wrong place like at edge of table instead of in front of youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Love the inside of this restaurant but the food is just average. The menu is a bit limited if you're looking for anything other than fish. There was one chicken dish and one steak dish to choose from on the menu and no specials. They do provide a generous drink and the appetizer spreads of hummus are delicious. Nice place to try but would not list it as one of mu favorites.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 8 and it was perfect. They gave us a round table tuccked away in a corner. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Most of all everyone loved what they ordered. Definitely we all said we would return to Estia.Special Features:
- Great experiencesMeatheadDined on 8/23/2014Friend recommended this to us, as we were looking for a place within walking distance of the theaters. They have a theater menu, a great wine list, fabulous food, and amazing service. The staff wAs pleasant and friendly, we barely had to wait for anything.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Probably one of the best restaurants that I have been to! I loved the food, ambiance, and service! Fabulous!Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014the quality of food and drinks is consistently exceptional. We're never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find in Philadelphia!VeggieFanDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I had dinner at Estia last weekend. We had traveled from CT to meet another couple who traveled from VA. I had picked the restaurant from the menu online and the general tenor of the reviews. We had an outstanding experience. We feasted on the Estia chips, Tuna tartare, Spanikopita, Greek salad and several kinds of fish. I had the halibut with vegetables which was extremely flavorful, better than the usual halibut. Two at our table had the whole branzino and enjoyed it. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and near the end of the meal, the manager came to our table and chatted for a while. We will certainly go back on our next visit to Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!vidaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Fantastic food, beautiful place. We love it here. The staff is great and very accommodating. The theatre menu is always a great option, but the lamb chops are out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Wonderful dinner....really dark though...couldn't read the bill without helpSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014The group had all positive feedback. From the food to the ambience to the service. I would like to book more events there, possibly in the private dining areas. I will definately be looking into that around the Holiday season. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you.Special Features:
- EstiaMikeDined on 8/19/2014The food, wine, and service were excellent. My only quibble was with the lighting. It was too dark.Special Features:
- BObbiVIPDined on 8/18/2014Not near as good as Estia used to be. MUCH smaller portions and more expensive. The salad, for example, was twice the size and now is the same price and much, much smaller. We used to share the salad but now that is not possible. Likewise with every single thing we order for many times. The tuna was 4 small pieces for approximately $30. Very overpriced. We now only go for business occasions, never for personal dining. The atmosphere is nice for a business dinner.Special Features:
- An Always Delighful Experience!AngelicaDined on 8/16/2014Estis is one of my favorite restaurants....and we are never disappointed! I love their calamari and the Halibut dressed with veggies was superb! Service is always notably great and so is the atmosphere. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.