Estia - Philadelphia
1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Estia - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157357700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Estia features live music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 6pm.
A word from Estia - Philadelphia
The stunning restaurant, which is first of its kind in Philadelphia, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home & a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish which are flown in from the Greek Islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia, & Portugal. Guests are able to choose from Estia’s expansive display & watch chefs cook their fish to perfection over a charcoal grill in the sparkling open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)fit for foodies (178)good for groups (137)romantic (117)neighborhood gem (90)notable wine list (64)great for lunch (52)hot spot (31)great for brunch (26)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Dinner MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014The atmosphere and food are wonderful and even though one knows going in that it is expensive, the Theater Menu offers excellent choices, three courses, and is only $30!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia, my loveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014My husband and I have eaten here before and we have always loved the food, but this time was over the top! The grilled octopus appetizer is so good, tossed in a light vinaigrette with capers and red onion. The 14-oz N.Y.Strip steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had in any restaurant, tender, juicy, and cooked to perfection (medium rare, and it really was medium rare!) My husband had a "country" salad, which is basically a Greek salad: cucumbers, olives, onions, peppers, feta, and gorgeous ripe tomatoes! It's late October! He also had the dover sole which was divine. One of the best meals we've ever had in Center City Philadelphia. Oh yes, ask the waiters to recommend a Greek wine. Our waiter, David was incredible!Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!dinner4twoDined on 10/25/2014Took two close friends here (in town from Indiana) and we talked about the meal and our experience for the rest of the weekend. Cory, our waiter, was fantastic and gave great wine recommendations. Our food (tsipoura and fagri with various sides) were impeccably made.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We were visiting our daughter in college in Philadelphia. There is essentially no decent Greek food in LA so we wanted a really good Greek restaurant, and based on some quick on line research we came to Estia. Everything was outstanding, and among us our orders ran the gamut of the menu - chicken (kotopoulo), lamb (arni youvetsi), fish (tonos), steak, and vegetarian (papoutsakia), plus multiple appetizers and wonderful baklava and a very fine galaktobouriko for dessert. The noise level was high for what we came for, but then we weren't in a big party for a festival. Service was helpful and friendly though there was a bit of a too long wait at dessert time. Relatively pricey but very well worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We were wowed over and over again at Estia! Our waiter was knowledgeable, the atmosphere dark and sparkly at the same time, wine list got us off to a great start. The octopus appetizer is the best I've ever had, followed by giant African prawns. The lamb chops were tender and cooked perfectly. Coffee and dessert continued the winning streak. We went back again two night later so we could have the octopus again! And they have Tito's Vodka!Special Features:
- consistently outstandingelaineVIPDined on 10/24/2014My "go-to" restaurant, always great food, an extremely accommodating staff and a beautiful atmosphere. Very authentic Greek food. I always leave looking forward to my next dinner there. Although it has many tables it always has an intimate feeling. Can't imagine a thing to improve upon.Special Features:
- Good first experienceSvbd43Dined on 10/24/2014Never tried this restaurant and yet it is right in the neighborhood of the Academy of Music and the Kimmel Center - a perfect choice for pre-concert dining, and a welcomed change in enjoying a Greek menu. We'll be back.Special Features:
- hungryVIPDined on 10/24/2014Terrific as always. The crab cakes are superb! Such a peaceful oasis -- with good food and nice people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ariannaVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was good, portions attractive in size (not giant as if one had come for the calories) and the traditional Greek food was not stuffy at all. the service was good, the waiter pleasant, all in all a positive experience. AriannaSpecial Features:
- Theater menu is wonderfulMarciaCQDined on 10/23/2014Served quickly, the theater three course meal offers delicious, varied choices. I can never resist the lamb shank,but my spouse loves the bass all delicious!Special Features:
- Good restaurantStanDined on 10/23/2014Went to Estia for the first time. It was very nice- good food, service etc. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guests ravedjacintVIPDined on 10/22/2014Even 2 days later I was still getting compliments on the food and service from clients from out of state.Special Features:
- dinner after the theateroldbaldycatDined on 10/19/2014The food, service,atmosphere were all great. My wife and had a supper night of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetotrynewplacesDined on 10/18/2014If you love fish and fish that you wouldn't normally find in the US, this is a gem. Delicous!!Special Features:
- FantasticJDG1234Dined on 10/18/2014We went here for my birthday with a group of 6, and we had a wonderful individual table/booth that was set apart- private and special. Food was delicious, service (Greg) was wonderful- very informative and welcoming. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely The BestKpharoDined on 10/18/2014From walking in the front door to leaving this restaurant is fabulous in every single way. Hard to pick just one thing great, it's all great....food, service, atmosphere, just a perfect evening. Did I mention how great the food is?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedaussiemateDined on 10/18/2014We usually dine at Estia before attending the PA Ballet, and have always enjoyed the dinners. This time, however, the food was sorely disappointing. My husband and I ordered the chilean sea bass. It was served with onions, potatoes and tomatoes which overpowered the delicate flavor of the fish. All both of us could taste was the tomato. It seemed to be high in paste and salt. Also, the beet salad, was not very appetizing. The beets were good, but the accompanying cold mashed potatoes and cold sautéed greens did not compliment the beets. So sorry to have to give a poor review, but that was our experience on Saturday night. We will try it again, but will avoid both the beet salad and sea bass.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 10/18/2014Went to the Ballet - perfect location to Academy of Music. Enjoyed the fixed priced 3 course menu. Wait staff attentive and efficient - we weren't rushed to get to ballet on time. Able to enjoy mean and relax.
- Great Overall ExperiencePattyDined on 10/18/2014Great atmosphere, excellent menu and food and very good and friendly service. The location couldn't be more convenient to the Kimmel Center.Special Features:
- EstiaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014This is my second visit to Estia and enjoyed it just as much as the first if not better. The pre theater menu is perfect. The fish of the day was absolutely delicious. The Estia chips are not a part of that menu but a must try! Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Saki was great!EmilyVIPDined on 10/17/2014'Welcome Home' was our server, Saki's greeting! and it was a wonderful special evening before the ballet! all his food suggestions were perfect! we had the pre theater menu, and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great lamb shankOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Best lamb we've had since leaving a great Greek restaurant in New England 35 years ago.Special Features:
- Great Greek foodluv2dineDined on 10/17/2014Six of us did Fixe Price Lunch menu and it was great. Fish with veggie stew was nicely cooked and Moussaka was overwhelming - nice presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Pre Theatre DinnerahphilaVIPDined on 10/16/2014The prix fixe theatre menu is a gem. Appetizer, entree, and dessert for $30, and the restaurant is right across the street from the Academy of Music. The fish of the day, the branzino, was delicious. And don't be foolish and virtuous and order the fruit plate for dessert, get the walnut honey cake!!! The cake alone is a reason to eat at Estia.Special Features:
- Perfect Date Night DinnerjerseykidsDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I were out to see a concert and made reservations at Estia based on a friend's recommendation. We were not disappointed. In fact, everything was perfect and Estia was a great start to the evening. From the time we were greeted until we departed, the service staff was wonderful! The food was always fabulous. I ordered the marinated lamb chops, which were excellent. My husband ordered the swordfish and was completely happy with his meal. I hope we have a chance to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDineouterDined on 10/9/2014Greeat food, excellent service, reasonably priced. However, rather noisy so I wouldnt recommend for a quiet talk or serious discussionSpecial Features:
- Outstanding ... as alwaysBenvenDined on 10/8/2014We get to Estia every few months and always experience the same exceptional service and attention, and the food is always excellent. Whether our party is twenty or just two, the service from reservations to departure never disappoints. The hostesses always provide the accomodation that we request. The waiters are knowledgable and personable, and the servers are polite and efficient. Most importantly, the food is deliciously unique and well-presented.Special Features:
- Nice for early dining. Noisy laterRadnorite19Dined on 10/8/2014There is a good pre-theater menu, well-priced, and quantities not too large. The server was excellent although a bit too overworked to be readily available. We had a reservation and were first given a table next to a table set for a large party. Knowing how noisy this would be, I asked for another table and was given one with no trouble. The bench seating with pillows was quite comfortable, although in that area, it was quite dark and reading the menu was difficult for older people (us).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicepisapieDined on 10/6/2014We just returned from Greece a month ago and this meal was the closest thing to what we had during our trip. The service was excellent and it made for a wonderful dining experience overall. It's a bit pricier than what we would normally spend on a regular date night, but we were celebrating a special occasion, so it was worth the expense!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMichael1Dined on 10/4/2014One of the best dining experiences. Quiet, romantic, semi-formal - this place makes you feel special on so many levels. If that doesn't - their customer service will finish the job. The food is truly authentic and its quality can be rivaled only by its presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterDebbVIPDined on 10/2/2014Being that except for several very large groups the restaurant being others quiet,we were shown the perfect table Our wait person was totally attentive and the arrival of the food timely Only negative is that being that we can not ordered appetizers and wine the cost was over $100.00 for two The food was yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to exceed expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/1/2014The Estia brand has managed to do something that many restaurant groups struggle to do when expanding; maintain consistency and excellence at every turn. My experience started with two glasses of Skouras Moschifilero at the bar waiting for my tardy companion and let to my table in the window with Andreas as my server. The spread pikillia, Estia chips and Octopodi were all spot on, coupled with Prawns and Lamb Chops for dinner. Washed it down with Mas Belles Eaux and finished the game with some Ekmek and fresh fruit. Attentive, not overbearing service, great food, atmosphere and a stunner next to me at the table made for a perfect evening. Hi-five Estia staff for all your great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- estiacn71VIPDined on 9/30/2014Excellent meal. 3 course pre theater menu is a great buy Loved the calamari and shrimp souvlaki. good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia great diningFoodie888VIPDined on 9/29/2014We eat at Estia many times a year, especially before the Speakers Series, the food is great as is the service! We had a special occasion dinner in the wine cellar last year, what fun that was!! I have given gift certificates there and everyone has always enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again great mealFamilyOf6VIPDined on 9/28/2014I needed a special place to take my father who was visiting from Florida. Once agin Estaia was perfect. They gave a quiet table in the corner by the windows. The fish we had was fresh and well seasoned. Dessert was truly worth the calories. It was great evening to show my Dad who raves about Miami's seafood what Philadelphia has to offer. I had a chance to show off Philadelphia's great charm. The wait staff paced things well to allow for an intimate family gathering yet be in a large restaurant. I would go back in minute.Special Features:
- myrtleDined on 9/28/2014Estia never disappoints. The food is always excellent, the wait staff professional and very helpful and the ambiance lends itself to the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch before the AcademyBarbaraManVIPDined on 9/28/2014When we told our server we were going to the opera, we received our food amazingly fast even though the restaurant was very crowded. The $18 fixed menu had something for everyone. The bronzino was excellent. We plan to have brunch at Estia before every opera.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014This was not one of our better experiences. The chicken was overcooked and dry, the honey cake and fruit were mediocre. Fruit was not ripe and was pretty scarce on the plate. The fish was good, and the appetizer spreads were nice.Special Features:
- Pre-concert dinnerFracahVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our party of four very much enjoyed our dinner. Three of us had the 3 courses for $30. special. A very good value and quite tasty. Mine consisted of calamari and bronzino with ratatouille. A friend had the vegetarian platter, eggplant which was really excellent. Dessert, a small portion of cut up fruit was the weakest course. Another friends strip steak was surprisingly good. Service was excellent. We were treated very well, our request for a good table granted. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one word....Awesome!!linaVIPDined on 9/26/2014Eaten here many times... and always superb... food is delicious .. fresh and well prepared. Service, decor, ambiance. pace.. it is all great. Our favorite waiter is Tsocki (sp?) Highly recommendedSpecial Features: