Estia - Philadelphia
1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Estia - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157357700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Estia features live music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 6pm.
A word from Estia - Philadelphia
The stunning restaurant, which is first of its kind in Philadelphia, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home & a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish which are flown in from the Greek Islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia, & Portugal. Guests are able to choose from Estia’s expansive display & watch chefs cook their fish to perfection over a charcoal grill in the sparkling open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
320 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (192)fit for foodies (152)good for groups (147)romantic (119)neighborhood gem (97)great for lunch (60)notable wine list (55)great for brunch (44)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (23)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (15)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Perfect for anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014My wife and I had a great time at Estia, great service and delicious food.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Both the food and the service was excellent. Wasn't over crowded and didn't feel rushed through the meal. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- One of the bestRichDined on 7/25/2014This is a first class dining experience. Not only is this the best Greek restaurant in Philly, it is one of the best restaurants of any kind. The decor is lovely, the service is excellent, the menu is interesting with many specials augmenting the standard fare, and of course the food is delicious.Special Features:
- An Impressive 50th BirthdayBenMannixDined on 7/25/2014My step mother turned fifty this weekend and my dad wanted to find the perfect place to take her and the extended family-a place with charm and delicious food. He wanted to create an event that we would always remember. The food alone left a lasting memory- the fifteen of us split some of the best appetizers of my life- smoky octopus medallions, cheese filled calamari- I was nearly full before the entres even came out. I am not a fish guy, but on Friday I could not get enough. I had the lobster but couldn't help but steal some of my girlfriends catch of the day. It was so fresh that it didn't even taste fishy. The food wasn't even the best part of the experience. The attention our party received phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar service and noiseyuckDined on 7/23/2014We went when the restaurant had many, many theatre goers. It was noise and the service was slow. Busy should not impact service so much. Although we got a round of free drinks for four of us, we could not hear each other speak. Also, the blonde at the bar was dismissive and borderline rude to me, but very attentive to the other patrons around me. I won't go back for a long time. The food is great but not worth the hassle.Special Features:
- SuperbExcellentDined on 7/20/2014A good friend of ours recommend Estia for my husband and I first year anniversary, and I am so happy they did because the experience was wonderful. We cannot wait to go back. The food was great, the service was excellent, and the ambiance was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodRAL1Dined on 7/17/2014The food and ambiance were excellent. Especially good ere appetizers and a luscious salad. A little over priced, especially since our server was pretty inexperienced (seemingly) and bordered on unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 7/16/2014This is our second time there. We travel over an hour to eat there. It is a fantastic restaurant . Their lamb chops are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak outvermont24VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is terrific except for the steaks. We had to send it back twice. Even then it wasn't what was ordered but everyone was tired of sitting around. I realize this isn't a steakhouse, but if the kitchen doesn't have someone who knows how to do steaks, they should take them off the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencekennymacDined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful, and service was perfect. The menu offers some very unique options, all was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerRASzDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner, attentive service, but it was quite expensive.Special Features:
- beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014This place takes pride in their food, and it shows. Very simple preparations of amazing ingredients. Just stunning food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!mgf1020VIPDined on 7/5/2014Estia offers a very nice menu of diverse Greek foods. My first time there and I enjoyed everything I had.Special Features:
- AK11Dined on 7/5/2014I have seen commercials/ads abt Estia and wondered if it would llive up to its marketing...it was just terrific. beautiful restaurant and spectacular food. staff was friendly and efficient from the monent we walked in. I had a party of five and all were delighted with their meals, the service and the price.Special Features:
- Very satisfying.RogerDined on 7/5/2014We had recently eaten at a major Greek restaurant in NYC and loved it. So we were hoping Estia would compare well. It was very much the equal! Food was exciting, delicious, our waiter was super-competent, and we even enjoyed the bouzouki music! We'll definitely return for more.Special Features:
- two thumbs up, 5 stars, congrats!rainbowfoodiefrenzyDined on 7/5/2014I took my girlfriend here Saturday for her birthday. We ordered off the Theatre menu and the portions were perfect. Greek food is one of my favorite cuisines and everything about the restauraunt shouted Greece. The food was absolutely divine from start to finish. I will definitely be returning to Estia and recommend it to everyone! The waitress even added a birthday candle on my girlfriend's fruit plate. Thank you for helping me make her day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trencherDined on 7/5/2014We love this place. They'll willingly oblige, whether it's a window seat or a special drink request, service is friendly, food superb, setting beautiful. And once we went there spontaneously, still in gym clothes at dinnertime, and were greeted and seated as if we looked respecdtable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant for couples or groupsLizardoDined on 7/3/2014I have eaten at Estia's many times, although I am an out of towner. I enjoy the feeling of a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. Truthfully, my mom (in her 80s) enjoyed this more than my kids (in their teens), but it works for all ages. As my daughter said, the portions are just right - not too small to leave you hungry and not so huge that it's overwhelming. My favorites include the grilled calamari and the fish daily special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencefood4thoughtDined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed everything about Estia. We went there to celebrate our first anniversary & it was a great choice. friendly staff, great food & service & the ambiance was perfect. The fish dishes are their specialties & we weren't disappointed. We had the Halibut & Chilean Sea Bass, both were excellent. And the Ekmek dessert was one of the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theater menumanytimedinerDined on 7/1/2014My husband, son, and I enjoyed the theater menu. We all chose something different and shared our appetizers and entrees. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Our servers were friendly and efficient. Thanks again Estia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this RestauranthappydayVIPDined on 6/28/2014Estia is a go to restaurant for us. The food is always stellar. We have never had a bad meal, we highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent foodShowtimeDined on 6/28/2014Everything from the appetizer to desert was outstanding. I had the Bronzino and it ws grilled to perfection. Everything our waiter recommended was right on. Excellent dinerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Before the ShowTheaterbuffsDined on 6/28/2014Our family dined before a show. We have been to Estia's before. The octopus was delicious as was the halibut and salmon. Our server did not know the menu. She was difficult to find when we needed her. Our coffees arrived after 10 minutes of waiting. We could not drink them. The taste was bad. I am not sure if I will go back for dinner. Our lunch experiences have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The food was terrific. Everything was so fresh and delicately prepared. The chef seems to understand that if the ingredients are excellent, which they were, a light touch that enhances the flavors instead of overwhelming them is a welcome delight. This was as true for the horiatiki salad, as the grilled sea bass. What a wonderful evening. The service was top notch as well.
- Simply outstandingJohnDined on 6/26/2014Best lamb chops I've ever tasted and superb halibut. The wait staff was very knowledgable and spot on. All four us thought this was a very special restaurant and we all travel and eat out frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner specialLovesaladsDined on 6/25/2014Love the 3 course theatre dinner special! Great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO GREEKhamiltonDined on 6/25/2014Our second visit to ESTIA was even better than the first. The food was outstanding and the service was very polite and accommodating. We chose from the pre-theater menu. It offers varied selections including vegetarian. A fish choice is always terrific. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceArthiaDined on 6/21/2014This was my second time here and both times with another couple. Perfect for a date night or a night with friends. Food is fantastic and the drink menu unique. Cocktails are tasty as well. The only problem was they ran out of the lamb shank which is what I was looking forward to. Everything is so fresh and we had a late reservation so we missed out. However, had the lamb chops instead and they were fantastic so I wasn't disappointed. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2014As usual the food was very good.( this was my 5th visit) Unfortunately the service was extremely poor. We were a party of 5 and the wait staff made us feel as if we were bothering them. I had to ask for more bread a least three times. Apps and salad were brought to the table at the same time and more or less just thrown on the table. Table clean up took a long time. (note that several of the waiters/bus boys were just standing around talking). After ordering 4 apps, a country salad for 5 and the salted fish for 5 we ordered one desert. The waiter said "is that it"!. I did order coffee and asked the waiter for a cookie to which he replied "sure". Being consistent with the rest of the meal it never arrived.Special Features:
- Very Delicious foodLive2eatVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was very delicious and the service was very good, even though I was served something that I didn't order, but it was very quickly rectified--would definitely dine there again & also recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedALJFoodsDined on 6/21/2014The food was good, the service was excellent. The fish dish that we ordered (Fagri, $36 per pound) ended up costing $67 for the plate and was a white fish with capers and lemon butter...not transformative, not fabulous, just ordinary, and not worth $67. Stuffed grape leaves were also fine, but not special. Hard crust bread and hummus were great and the beets were nice. Overall, a nice meal but not worth the money.Special Features:
- Pricey & AverageSuzyGDined on 6/21/2014Dinner was very pricey and really nothing special. Ambience is very good and the service was excellent. I would not go back.Special Features:
- AlwAys a Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Can't beat the fresh fish. Love the Greek cooking. Ryan, our server was a charm! Looking forward to dining again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Running LateJudyBSchDined on 6/20/2014estia called me the day before to confirm my reservation. I indicated that I needed a booth and that we were pressed for time since we were scheduled to see Evita at 8:00 pm at the Academy of Music. My group was traveling from Baltimore and we hit traffic. I called the restaurant and informed them that we would be running late.....at least a half hour for a 6 pm time slot. " No problem. we will hold the table." we arrived and were quickly seated. Our server was chatty, but to the point. We were comfortably able to order for the 30 dollar dinner menu and enjoy a glass of wine. three courses: fantastic! Loved the walnut honey cake. I strongly recommend Estia for a pre- theater experience.Special Features:
- Returning many timesfishbellyVIPDined on 6/17/2014Always a reliable choice for an adult restaurant experience, whether a business dinner, before theater, or entertaining friends or family. Can eat well prepared fresh fish and have intimate conversations at the same time. Even large groups are not intrusive to other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great experiencegaruda68Dined on 6/16/2014The food is top quality--prepared with care and respect--not overdone. Pedro was our server. He helped with food and wine suggestions and was attentive in the best possible way.Special Features:
- SteffiDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I consider this our special restaurant for grilled octopus. It's the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMJderwin26VIPDined on 6/14/2014Though Estia is pricey, it is definitely worth it! My fiancé and I had a fantastic meal!! The bread and hummus brought to every table is delicious. We also ordered a trio of spreads, which included tzatziki, a feta spread, and a carp spread...all were amazing! For dinner I had the braised lamb shank with orzo and my fiancé had the lamb chops with potatoes...we both loved it. The service was also impeccable. We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater menu portions too smallStillhungry1Dined on 6/14/2014My husband ordered the lamb from the theater menu. When the staff brought it to our table, I felt badly for my husband. The portion was so small, that I knew he would leave the restaurant hungry. The 4-course $30 menu is a great concept, however, the creativity inherent in this idea was reduced to the same size as the portion once the food was presented.Special Features:
- Ispy1Dined on 6/13/2014Fantastic restaurant with great Greek food cooked with care and imagination. I highly recommend this place if you enjoy a top quality Mediterranean experience!!Special Features: