Estia - Philadelphia
1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Estia - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 735-7700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Estia features live music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 6pm.
A word from Estia - Philadelphia
The stunning restaurant, which is first of its kind in Philadelphia, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home & a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish which are flown in from the Greek Islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia, & Portugal. Guests are able to choose from Estia’s expansive display & watch chefs cook their fish to perfection over a charcoal grill in the sparkling open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
341 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (208)special occasion (202)good for groups (167)romantic (127)neighborhood gem (105)notable wine list (76)great for lunch (64)hot spot (33)great for brunch (31)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Cozy cold weather lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/18/2014Estia is spacious, but warm and inviting - a great place for a leisurely lunch with friends on a cold winter's day. The food is refined, but classic Greek obviously prepared by a talented chef. My simple Greek pasta was delicious and more exciting than this simple dish ishiukd be. Wine selections include a number of delightful Greek wines that should be tried. The service is perfectly attentive without being intrusive. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about the food. We awarded bonus points for not being called "you guys", not being asked if we were still "working" and not having plates whisked away the moment we set down our forks - not a lot to ask, but in short supply these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions have shrunk!!!!!!!!!!!WasafanDined on 11/15/2014Service was excellent at the table. However at the bar it was as though the bartender was doing you a favor by serving you. Food taste good but portions are entirely to small for the price. They have changed their portion size significantly. I have had many dinners at Estia but this one changed my mind about the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014The server was extremely friendly, attentive and considerate. The food was excellent in taste and presentation. The restaurant was crowded the Saturday night we went and to compensate for a delay in getting our entrees, we were provided with a generous complimentary serving of mussels (which were delicious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their fish is delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014For appetizers, we ordered the dolmades (stuffed grape leaves)- which were amazing! Highly recommend their fish as well. The salad portions are big- so it is very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place, could use some workmmmmhmmDined on 11/14/2014good food, light on portions tho. The ambiance was enjoyable. dessert was very tasty, but also on the small side. waiter was nice, but recommended the wrong dish which made my dates meal less then perfect. She started to ask about one lamb dish and he quickly cut her off to recommend another lamb dish, but it was the wrong one. She liked it okay but it wasn't what she'd been waiting to get...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much good food...so little time!!AmakaDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful food!! Great service! I come here at least once every time I visit Philadelphia, sometimes twice in the same weekend! The lamb, octopus, spanakopita..all superb. Really nice, polite wait staff. See you next time, Estia!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014Great ambience and food. Outstanding service from a waiter with good recommendations. Only downside is the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch for 7BirthdaygirlDined on 11/11/2014This is the perfect spot for a business lunch, we were seated in a corner away from traffic and were able to have private conversations without distraction! Great server, showed up when we needed her but did not come by too often. Nice variety of lunch items. Our guests were from CA and Chicago and this restaurant shined! Great example of an excellent menu, atmosphere and service! Thanks Estia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only game in townMitchdishVIPDined on 11/9/2014There aren't too many restaurants where you can go for an early Sunday supper. Estia is one of them. The service was great. One of our dishes did not come out well done enough so the manager had another meal prepared, took if off our bill and sent some dessert over for us. It is very unusual for a dish to come out of the kitchen and not be perfect but the manager was very solicitous. It's the quality of service we'd like in every restaurant but don't get. We'll keep coming back. It's one of our favorites.Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 11/8/2014Fine Greek food, nice environment and great service combine to make for a lovely dinner. Four of us enjoyed the bargain pre-theater menu and easily got to the Kimmel Center in plenty of time for the performance. Tough combination to beat in Center City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRichSVIPDined on 11/8/2014A great choice for pre-concert or pre-theater dinner. On a recent Saturday, my wife and I enjoyed an impeccably prepared dinner. Our choices were from both sea and land, paired nicely with Greek wines. The desserts are awesome. Foster was the best server we've had in many years of Philadelphia dining. A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Fixe theater menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014We ordered from the Pe Fixe theater menu. Waiter was very good. Food was good: Calamari - tasty, but a little chewy; Moussaka - creamy with an abundence of potatoes; Chicken - juicy and nicely seasoned; dessert - light and tasty cake and nicely ripened fruit. Overall a good meal, but not memorable. If I returned, would probably try some of the fresh fish....looked very good.Special Features:
- Pre theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/7/2014Best place for pre theater dining. Very pleased with my fish and vegetables. The waiter got us in and out in an hour so we could make it to the show on time.Special Features:
- First time...BazkapVIPDined on 11/7/2014Estia's bar and table staff are above board--personable, knowledgable, and graciously accommodating. The theatre menu introduced small but adequate samples of Greek cuisine, perhaps a bit dumbed down in accordance with a much lower price than typical Estia fare. Lamb and seafood were near perfect. If price is no object, do go. We'll return to explore grander seafood offerings.Special Features:
- Sure betGigiDined on 11/7/2014Great Greek Food, great service and wonderful ambiance. Highly Recommend!Special Features:
- Great for upscale Greek diningDeanDined on 11/7/2014A great dining experience for those looking for Greek food in an upscale restaurant. Fantastic timing between dishes and very attentive service!Special Features:
- Good food, but ...BillDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed the food and service - ranged from satisfactory to very good. However, we felt taken advantage of by the otherwise very good waiter. He said that the 1-lb lobster looked small, so he changed it to 2 1/2 lbs - an increase (we saw when the bill arrived) of $45. When I agreed to a glass of Greek red wine, he selected one at a price that I would ordinarily pay for a bottle of wine. Hence, I'd recommend this restaurant for mostly very good food but be careful to order specifically what you want - do not leave it to the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high end greek cusineBrooklyn123VIPDined on 11/3/2014Always enjoy Estia....food is high quality and consistant. Love the village salad....feeds two...we're local and this is one of my faves.
- Before the SymphonyAnonymousVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is the second time we ate at Estia before a Sunday matinee at the symphony. And we are coming from Baltimore! The location is excellent, and the food is terrific. The prix fixe is a great value. Good thing we made a reservation, though.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014waiter not enthusiastic after we declined alcohol....dinner too salty...bread was old
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent but very overpriced. Dinner for two (with a $48 bottle of wine) coming in over $200 was a bit steep.Special Features:
- Excellent as expectedDanaluvVIPDined on 10/31/2014We return year after year and are never disappointed. As season tix holders for Kimmel Center at the Academy we choose Estia for not only its proximity to the theater, but for its splendid seafood offerings and Greek specialties and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia was great for our octetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014It was quiet enough for us to engage. The theatre menu provided great three course choices. A woman who knows Greek food said it was spot on. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a very high priceTellitlikeitisDined on 10/30/2014Good, but expensive for what it is. We are visiting for the weekend and love Greek food. Made a reservation based on the reviews. Have to say food was good - not great and it was expensive for what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2014This place never disappoints. The Estia Chips are to die for and the eggplant is the best I have ever had. Great pre theater price fixed menu, too.Special Features:
- Dinner MenuAEM2247Dined on 10/28/2014The atmosphere and food are wonderful and even though one knows going in that it is expensive, the Theater Menu offers excellent choices, three courses, and is only $30!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estia, my loveFoodieFoxDined on 10/26/2014My husband and I have eaten here before and we have always loved the food, but this time was over the top! The grilled octopus appetizer is so good, tossed in a light vinaigrette with capers and red onion. The 14-oz N.Y.Strip steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had in any restaurant, tender, juicy, and cooked to perfection (medium rare, and it really was medium rare!) My husband had a "country" salad, which is basically a Greek salad: cucumbers, olives, onions, peppers, feta, and gorgeous ripe tomatoes! It's late October! He also had the dover sole which was divine. One of the best meals we've ever had in Center City Philadelphia. Oh yes, ask the waiters to recommend a Greek wine. Our waiter, David was incredible!Special Features:
- Fantastic Experience!dinner4twoDined on 10/25/2014Took two close friends here (in town from Indiana) and we talked about the meal and our experience for the rest of the weekend. Cory, our waiter, was fantastic and gave great wine recommendations. Our food (tsipoura and fagri with various sides) were impeccably made.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding foodBelialDined on 10/25/2014We were visiting our daughter in college in Philadelphia. There is essentially no decent Greek food in LA so we wanted a really good Greek restaurant, and based on some quick on line research we came to Estia. Everything was outstanding, and among us our orders ran the gamut of the menu - chicken (kotopoulo), lamb (arni youvetsi), fish (tonos), steak, and vegetarian (papoutsakia), plus multiple appetizers and wonderful baklava and a very fine galaktobouriko for dessert. The noise level was high for what we came for, but then we weren't in a big party for a festival. Service was helpful and friendly though there was a bit of a too long wait at dessert time. Relatively pricey but very well worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerMaryJDined on 10/24/2014We were wowed over and over again at Estia! Our waiter was knowledgeable, the atmosphere dark and sparkly at the same time, wine list got us off to a great start. The octopus appetizer is the best I've ever had, followed by giant African prawns. The lamb chops were tender and cooked perfectly. Coffee and dessert continued the winning streak. We went back again two night later so we could have the octopus again! And they have Tito's Vodka!Special Features:
- consistently outstandingelaineVIPDined on 10/24/2014My "go-to" restaurant, always great food, an extremely accommodating staff and a beautiful atmosphere. Very authentic Greek food. I always leave looking forward to my next dinner there. Although it has many tables it always has an intimate feeling. Can't imagine a thing to improve upon.Special Features:
- Good first experienceSvbd43Dined on 10/24/2014Never tried this restaurant and yet it is right in the neighborhood of the Academy of Music and the Kimmel Center - a perfect choice for pre-concert dining, and a welcomed change in enjoying a Greek menu. We'll be back.Special Features:
- hungryVIPDined on 10/24/2014Terrific as always. The crab cakes are superb! Such a peaceful oasis -- with good food and nice people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ariannaVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was good, portions attractive in size (not giant as if one had come for the calories) and the traditional Greek food was not stuffy at all. the service was good, the waiter pleasant, all in all a positive experience. AriannaSpecial Features:
- Theater menu is wonderfulMarciaCQDined on 10/23/2014Served quickly, the theater three course meal offers delicious, varied choices. I can never resist the lamb shank,but my spouse loves the bass all delicious!Special Features:
- Good restaurantStanDined on 10/23/2014Went to Estia for the first time. It was very nice- good food, service etc. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guests ravedjacintVIPDined on 10/22/2014Even 2 days later I was still getting compliments on the food and service from clients from out of state.Special Features:
- dinner after the theateroldbaldycatDined on 10/19/2014The food, service,atmosphere were all great. My wife and had a supper night of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Choice For BrunchPhillyFoodiesVIPDined on 10/19/2014We decided to try Estia for a Sunday brunch and were so disappointed that I can't recommend anyone go there. We asked for salt for our eggs and the waiter told us salt shakers were rare and he didn't have time to look for us. Two of us had steak and eggs and the steak was a thin piece of overcooked shoe leather. The orange juice came from a can and the service may have been the worst I've ever experienced in Philadelphia. We complained to the host and he just shook his head. No service recovery at all. The owners should be ashamed of themselves.
- lovetotrynewplacesDined on 10/18/2014If you love fish and fish that you wouldn't normally find in the US, this is a gem. Delicous!!Special Features: