Estia - Philadelphia
1405 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $50 and over
Estia - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157357700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Estia features live music every Friday and Saturday night starting at 6pm.
A word from Estia - Philadelphia
The stunning restaurant, which is first of its kind in Philadelphia, will transport guests to the Greek Islands with an atmosphere reminiscent of an inviting Mediterranean home & a menu of authentic specialties, simply prepared, that represent the best of Greek cuisine. The restaurant specializes in whole grilled fish which are flown in from the Greek Islands, the shores of Morocco, Tunisia, & Portugal. Guests are able to choose from Estia’s expansive display & watch chefs cook their fish to perfection over a charcoal grill in the sparkling open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)fit for foodies (126)good for groups (113)romantic (95)neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (36)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 8 and it was perfect. They gave us a round table tuccked away in a corner. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Most of all everyone loved what they ordered. Definitely we all said we would return to Estia.Special Features:
- Great experiencesMeatheadDined on 8/23/2014Friend recommended this to us, as we were looking for a place within walking distance of the theaters. They have a theater menu, a great wine list, fabulous food, and amazing service. The staff wAs pleasant and friendly, we barely had to wait for anything.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Probably one of the best restaurants that I have been to! I loved the food, ambiance, and service! Fabulous!Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014the quality of food and drinks is consistently exceptional. We're never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!vidaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Fantastic food, beautiful place. We love it here. The staff is great and very accommodating. The theatre menu is always a great option, but the lamb chops are out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Wonderful dinner....really dark though...couldn't read the bill without helpSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014The group had all positive feedback. From the food to the ambience to the service. I would like to book more events there, possibly in the private dining areas. I will definately be looking into that around the Holiday season. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you.Special Features:
- EstiaMikeDined on 8/19/2014The food, wine, and service were excellent. My only quibble was with the lighting. It was too dark.Special Features:
- BObbiVIPDined on 8/18/2014Not near as good as Estia used to be. MUCH smaller portions and more expensive. The salad, for example, was twice the size and now is the same price and much, much smaller. We used to share the salad but now that is not possible. Likewise with every single thing we order for many times. The tuna was 4 small pieces for approximately $30. Very overpriced. We now only go for business occasions, never for personal dining. The atmosphere is nice for a business dinner.Special Features:
- An Always Delighful Experience!AngelicaDined on 8/16/2014Estis is one of my favorite restaurants....and we are never disappointed! I love their calamari and the Halibut dressed with veggies was superb! Service is always notably great and so is the atmosphere. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek Food !!MiniPaxDined on 8/15/2014I am a Greek and have had my share of the cuisine . I must say i was really impressed with the quality of the food. First, the octopus was so tender and delicious. Best i have had in the states, canada and Greece !! The lamb fell off the bone, very tender. The service was attentative and friendly. I am from out of town and couldnt be happier to find such a fantastic place to eat with my non-Greek friends. Bravo paidia , deliciousSpecial Features:
- Fabulous lunch placekcl2Dined on 8/13/2014A group of five of us went for lunch. The server was attentive and the food was delicious. They space the tables, so diners don't have to feel like they are crowded into one area. We all loved our meals. It was perfect - not much else to say.Special Features:
- perfect pre-theaterlove2dineDined on 8/11/2014Great choices, attentive service and plenty of food to start an evening of entertainment - highly recommended!Special Features:
- Pre theaterMichaelDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I live in the suburbs, but we enjoy coming to the Kimmel Center periodically and we traditionally dine pre-theater at Estia. It is a bustling restaurant with a creative cocktail list and very attentive service. The pre-theater pre-fixe menu is terrific; we always gravitate to the moussaka and always enjoy it. We will be back next time we are in town for a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/11/2014The tuna tartare appetizer is a top 5 ever in my book, and I eat out very frequently. For the main course, we had the haddock and chicken and both were tasty. Ambiance is great. Terrific choice for a pre-show dinner or a special occasion dinner with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperLBSuperLBVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant with a wonderful menu. Love those Estia chips & the vast selection of fish entrees.Special Features:
- UnforgettablePatience123Dined on 8/7/2014Took my boyfriend there for his birthday. We had a great experience, good food, great server, and Gregory was knowledgeable on the preparation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space!realtor4lifeDined on 8/2/2014Fabulous space and atmosphere, nice bar area, good vibe. Server, Brandon, was excellent! Meal was very good overall. One of our diners had Halibut and said it was dry. Zucchini chips were forgotten with the appetizer order but waiter did serve with our meal anyway and took it off our bill. I would go back again. Very pleasant!Special Features:
- Glad I went a second time!FrodosMomDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful food - light, succulent tastes from the quality of the olive oil and wine vinegar in the salad dressing to the orzo side dish. Sorry to say my shrimp was over done - the fish entree would have been a better choice. Excellent wait staff - smart, knowledgeable, attentive and professional. Dining room was cozy and amazingly quiet for being next to the bar. Enjoyed another glass of a white Santorini wine recommended on my first visit. The dessert fruit plate with a dollop of yogurt and honey was a perfect finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234Dined on 7/29/2014Food and service very good. The price fixe lunch is a great deal.Special Features:
- Perfect for anniversaryMikeDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I had a great time at Estia, great service and delicious food.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Both the food and the service was excellent. Wasn't over crowded and didn't feel rushed through the meal. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- One of the bestRichDined on 7/25/2014This is a first class dining experience. Not only is this the best Greek restaurant in Philly, it is one of the best restaurants of any kind. The decor is lovely, the service is excellent, the menu is interesting with many specials augmenting the standard fare, and of course the food is delicious.Special Features:
- An Impressive 50th BirthdayBenMannixDined on 7/25/2014My step mother turned fifty this weekend and my dad wanted to find the perfect place to take her and the extended family-a place with charm and delicious food. He wanted to create an event that we would always remember. The food alone left a lasting memory- the fifteen of us split some of the best appetizers of my life- smoky octopus medallions, cheese filled calamari- I was nearly full before the entres even came out. I am not a fish guy, but on Friday I could not get enough. I had the lobster but couldn't help but steal some of my girlfriends catch of the day. It was so fresh that it didn't even taste fishy. The food wasn't even the best part of the experience. The attention our party received phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar service and noiseyuckDined on 7/23/2014We went when the restaurant had many, many theatre goers. It was noise and the service was slow. Busy should not impact service so much. Although we got a round of free drinks for four of us, we could not hear each other speak. Also, the blonde at the bar was dismissive and borderline rude to me, but very attentive to the other patrons around me. I won't go back for a long time. The food is great but not worth the hassle.Special Features:
- SuperbExcellentDined on 7/20/2014A good friend of ours recommend Estia for my husband and I first year anniversary, and I am so happy they did because the experience was wonderful. We cannot wait to go back. The food was great, the service was excellent, and the ambiance was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodRAL1Dined on 7/17/2014The food and ambiance were excellent. Especially good ere appetizers and a luscious salad. A little over priced, especially since our server was pretty inexperienced (seemingly) and bordered on unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyDined on 7/16/2014This is our second time there. We travel over an hour to eat there. It is a fantastic restaurant . Their lamb chops are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak outvermont24VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is terrific except for the steaks. We had to send it back twice. Even then it wasn't what was ordered but everyone was tired of sitting around. I realize this isn't a steakhouse, but if the kitchen doesn't have someone who knows how to do steaks, they should take them off the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencekennymacDined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful, and service was perfect. The menu offers some very unique options, all was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerRASzDined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful dinner, attentive service, but it was quite expensive.Special Features:
- beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014This place takes pride in their food, and it shows. Very simple preparations of amazing ingredients. Just stunning food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!mgf1020VIPDined on 7/5/2014Estia offers a very nice menu of diverse Greek foods. My first time there and I enjoyed everything I had.Special Features:
- AK11Dined on 7/5/2014I have seen commercials/ads abt Estia and wondered if it would llive up to its marketing...it was just terrific. beautiful restaurant and spectacular food. staff was friendly and efficient from the monent we walked in. I had a party of five and all were delighted with their meals, the service and the price.Special Features:
- Very satisfying.RogerDined on 7/5/2014We had recently eaten at a major Greek restaurant in NYC and loved it. So we were hoping Estia would compare well. It was very much the equal! Food was exciting, delicious, our waiter was super-competent, and we even enjoyed the bouzouki music! We'll definitely return for more.Special Features:
- two thumbs up, 5 stars, congrats!rainbowfoodiefrenzyDined on 7/5/2014I took my girlfriend here Saturday for her birthday. We ordered off the Theatre menu and the portions were perfect. Greek food is one of my favorite cuisines and everything about the restauraunt shouted Greece. The food was absolutely divine from start to finish. I will definitely be returning to Estia and recommend it to everyone! The waitress even added a birthday candle on my girlfriend's fruit plate. Thank you for helping me make her day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trencherDined on 7/5/2014We love this place. They'll willingly oblige, whether it's a window seat or a special drink request, service is friendly, food superb, setting beautiful. And once we went there spontaneously, still in gym clothes at dinnertime, and were greeted and seated as if we looked respecdtable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant for couples or groupsLizardoDined on 7/3/2014I have eaten at Estia's many times, although I am an out of towner. I enjoy the feeling of a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. Truthfully, my mom (in her 80s) enjoyed this more than my kids (in their teens), but it works for all ages. As my daughter said, the portions are just right - not too small to leave you hungry and not so huge that it's overwhelming. My favorites include the grilled calamari and the fish daily special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencefood4thoughtDined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed everything about Estia. We went there to celebrate our first anniversary & it was a great choice. friendly staff, great food & service & the ambiance was perfect. The fish dishes are their specialties & we weren't disappointed. We had the Halibut & Chilean Sea Bass, both were excellent. And the Ekmek dessert was one of the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theater menumanytimedinerDined on 7/1/2014My husband, son, and I enjoyed the theater menu. We all chose something different and shared our appetizers and entrees. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Our servers were friendly and efficient. Thanks again Estia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.