Estia Greek Taverna & Bar
507 SE Mizner Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 5612458885
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Wednesday: 04:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Live Greek music and belly dancing shows, every Friday and Saturday. Call for details at 561-254-8885
A word from Estia Greek Taverna & Bar
Estia Greek Taverna and Bar offers authentic Greek cuisine and a dining experience sure to warm your soul. “Estia” is the Greek word for fireplace or hearth and is derived from the name Hestia, a Greek Goddess whose sole responsibility was kindling the fire in the center of the home. Estia has come to represent abundant simplicity and the most ancient way of beginning to transform a group of strangers into a community. This symbolism formed the inspiration for the menu and interior of Estia Greek Taverna and Bar where you will dine on traditional Greek fare while seated in a dining room reminiscent of the close-knit communities of the Greek islands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- room has potential... serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/12/2013room has potential... service was very slow... food was average... background music was not typical Greek... not enough atmosphere and no real ambiance... was hoping for more as we love Greek food...
- we are happy to have finallyhmmmmVIPDined on 5/11/2013we are happy to have finally found a delicious greek restaurant in the local area, with authenic food, greek wines, attentive staff and nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far cry from Greek foodJBM28VIPDined on 5/4/2013I had the lamb shank with no flavor and the orzo was way over cooked. My girlfriend had grilled shrimp that smelled and tasted like iodine.Special Features:
- like visiting MykonosDougZVIPDined on 5/2/2013There are a lot of good Greek restaurants, but few great ones like Estia Greek Taverna. Owner moved here from Greece in 2010; opened the restaurant in 2012. Short walk from Boca Raton Resort & Club. Great Mediterranean fare; and, you simply can't beat the food and value. Reminded me of best places I tried sailing theGreek Islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved every minute of our247foodieVIPDined on 4/26/2013loved every minute of our experience here. the food was great, as was the service, and we had a blast with the belly dancer as well. we'll definitely return!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. Nice sizeFabulousVIPDined on 4/19/2013Food was excellent. Nice size servings. Service very slow. Don't go when you are in a hurry. We went for a relaxing lunch so slow service did not bother us, except when our drinks were empty.Special Features:
- Very good Greek RestaurantsuekVIPDined on 4/13/2013We were here for lunch last week for the first time. Came back with friends Saturday night. Ate outside. The waiter was great, the food really good as well as the wine. Had a fun time and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Better than average greekRaymondVIPDined on 4/13/2013Better than average greek food. Ambience a little rough around the edges. Service quality varies with waiter.
- Excellent Greek food. StaffKAS1VIPDined on 4/9/2013Excellent Greek food. Staff all very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Food is excellent. OrderOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/9/2013Food is excellent. Order the hot dolmadas - never had better, including Middle East and GreeceSpecial Features:
- Good findsuekVIPDined on 4/8/2013We were there for the first time for lunch the other day. Very nice place and good food. The waitress was very friendly. Will be back.Special Features:
- Loved the place. The servicefamily6Dined on 4/5/2013Loved the place. The service was excellent. They overheard us wishing my mother a happy birthday and they brought out a dessert for everyone (4) at the table. It was DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Excellent Greek food. StartedKAS1VIPDined on 4/4/2013Excellent Greek food. Started out with warm pita and hummus. We had the lamb shiskabob, large greek salad and a shrimp dish. All food top notch. Service very attentive. Simple yet tasteful decor. Enjoy!Special Features:
- This was our first time atRachelVIPDined on 3/30/2013This was our first time at this restaurant and our group of 6 enjoyed it very much. Our waiter and the rest of the staff gave us wonderful service. Our meal started with hummus and grilled pita. We shared a greek salad. Two of us had lamb shish kabob, 2 had fish, 2 had greek dishes. Everyone enjoyed the quality and portion size of the food. On Sat. nite there was a belly dancer who was most entertaining. We will certainly go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- What a fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/30/2013What a fantastic dining experience we had at Estia. It was truly an authentic Greek restaurant - not the overpriced versions you find in major cities but the kind you would actually find in a Greek village. The food was authentic and delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection. And our waiter made the evening even more enjoyable with his helpful suggestions and his friendliness toward the kids at our table. We celebrated two birthdays in our family and we can't wait to go back. What a great find.Special Features:
- Estia is a very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/24/2013Estia is a very comfortable neighborhood bistro, very pleasant atmosphere Waitstaff was very eager to please and suggest. We started with hummus and pita which was better than most, followed by a traditional Greek salad, excellent. My husband had lamb shish kebab, and I had the chicken shish kebab. The lamb was delicious, and the chicken was good. We would return to try different entrees and maybe the bellydancers.Special Features:
- Abit of Geece in Boca!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2013A taste of Greece in Boca Raton! Food fit for the gods. Haven't had such authetic greek food since I visited Athens! Lamb cops are supurbly prepared and cooked just as ordered. Try the lamb shank with orzo..Just like yya used to make!Special Features:
- Great authentic Greek ResraurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Wonderful authentic Greek food with attentive and friendly service. Everything was great and the Bronzino filleted at the table was a can't miss treat. Don't miss the family friendly belly dancer.Special Features:
- Greek DelightFinedinerVIPDined on 3/8/2013We have been trying ti find a great Greek restaurant in Boca for the last few years. FINALLY we have. The food was delicious. The atmosphere fun. The wait staff was extremely friendly, efficient and helpful. We're looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Tasty Greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2013They start off by bringing warm pita bread and hummus to the table. 2 of us had grilled salmon and 2 had their whole snapper. Per our request, the fish head was removed before bringing to the table side where our waiter deboned the fish. Everyone enjoyed their fish, along with the sides of escarole, sauted in lemon and oregano, and rice. We ended the night with some great coffee, tasty rice pudding and "Bougatsa" a delicious custard. We had an excellent waiter too. All agreed we need to come back soon!Special Features:
- My husband found this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013My husband found this restaurant for our date night. It was great find! A wide range of menu choices for all foodies. Cold appetizer sampler started out our meal and was a yummy intro to the main course. The lamb souvlaka and the shrimp in red sauce were delicious. We will be returning to this place. Staff were very helpful and solicitous of the patrons.Special Features:
- The best restaurant for GreekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2013The best restaurant for Greek Cuisine in South FloridaSpecial Features:
- Lovely Greek taverna withOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2013Lovely Greek taverna with very good food and excellent service. Stavros was a very professional and accomodating waiter. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Everything worked out fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Everything worked out fine. We all enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Opa! We loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/22/2013We LOVED it! Our waiter was upbeat and very accommodating and was super enthusiastic about describing the fare and what choices we might like to make. And the food did not disappoint! The spanakopita was superb and the lamb chops and whole snapper was incredible! Our waiter deboned my fish right at the table. We will be back! Another big plus was that the owner was right there on premises.Special Features:
- tHE Food was pretty good -ArlemVIPDined on 2/16/2013tHE Food was pretty good - cannot believe at 8 pm they didn't have shrimp left (since most of the table wanted that dish). Surly waiter. He offered additional pita since we waited so long and it never arrived. There are better Greek restaurants around that accomodate their patrons. Thumbs down....Special Features:
- We sat at the bar (and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We sat at the bar (and were the only ones at the bar) so we could watch a basketball game on TV during dinner. The bar tender botched our order. The food is good here, but the service has not been good the two times we've been here. The manager comped our meal, but that didn't make up for not receiving our two main dishes.
- This is owned by a familyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/2/2013This is owned by a family who have a couple of "fast-food" Greek take out restaurants in the area. The place was busy, busy and the food was standard, typically Greek but very good! The wine list is limited and we chose a Greek red wine. The waitress was super nice and when she uncorked the wine, we all knew it was a bottle just stating to turn bad. We gave it a try anyway which she appreciated until 1/4 of a glass later we had to return it. We chose another Greek red on the list which was fine. She could not have been nicer about the episode. We will return soon and try the fish of the day - which they were out of since they were so busy. Good for them!Special Features:
- Great spot and great foodStiggVIPDined on 1/31/2013Food was really delicious. Cooked perfectly and lost of flavor. Service was equally as good. Drinks never ran dry.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service.CarolroseVIPDined on 1/26/2013Fabulous food and service. We have eaten there twice and will gladly return. Snapper filleted table-side was excellent. Large enough portion for 2 to share.Special Features:
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013The service was terrible. We never received our main course and we had to leave. No accommodations were made by the restaurant.
- Everything was delicious...however;HeleneVIPDined on 1/18/2013Everything was delicious...however; appetizers were very small portions not enough to share.Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theHowardr48VIPDined on 1/16/2013I was disappointed in the food. The meal started out in a promising way with really good house made hummos and really good pita slices. However, I ordered the gyros platter. In a restaurant of this type and at the price point one would expect gyros cut from the spit. In this case, the gyros came from a loaf and was grilled before serving. Not what I expected from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Very good Greek food. Wellfoodie1VIPDined on 1/1/2013Very good Greek food. Well prepared. Attentive service. Good Downtown location with nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Even though we were a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2012Even though we were a party of 6 on New Year's Eve. the service & food was very good.
- food was wonderful! restaurantdonpDined on 12/29/2012food was wonderful! restaurant was very crowded, but service still fine! portions more than adequate! very nice experience - for the second timeSpecial Features:
- The lamb chops were salty,SueMDined on 12/29/2012The lamb chops were salty, fish was bland and overpriced, and the green beans were overcooked.
- Sat at a table outside. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2012Sat at a table outside. Good food, good waiter, good experience.Special Features:
- authentic greek food....carefullymd302VIPDined on 12/25/2012authentic greek food....carefully prepared...quite enjoyable...ask for Constantine as your waiterSpecial Features:
- Great food excellent service.SethVIPDined on 12/25/2012Great food excellent service. Belly dancer was fun