Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton
507 SE Mizner Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://estiagreektavernabar.com/
- Phone: (561) 417-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Nick Papadimitriou
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton
The word” Estia” is derived from Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth. Hestia in Greek means fireplace (hearth) and focus, core, center, source, seat, breeding –ground, hotbed, spot. The Goddess Hestia is the center of home, the welcoming warming fire at the heart of home. Her duty is to always keep the fire burning, a source of light and warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (7)romantic (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Satisfying Flavors of GreeceCarolroseVIPDined on 11/15/2014Estia provides Greek hospitality at its finest. The atmosphere is festive, and the food is excellent. My husband and I were offered hummus and pita shortly after we were seated. The pita was served warm and delicious. I tried a Greek wine which was light and refreshing. We began our meal with the grilled octopus appetizer, which was delicious and perfectly cooked. One Greek salad was tasty and large enough to share. My husband ordered the lamb chops and I ordered the shrimp grilled in lemon and oregano-both cooked to perfection and very flavorful. Owner Nico comes out of the kitchen to talk with diners, making everyone feel welcome. Add to that the entertaining belly dancer and bouzouki player, and it adds up to a delightful evening. This finicky eater left very satisfied. We eat at Estia whenever we are in town and look forward to returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Royal Palm PlazaElliotFDined on 11/15/2014Outstanding food - love the lamb chops! And you must try the chocolate baklava. We'll be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 11/3/2014This was our first visit. Loved the hummus and pita. For appetizers we shared fried zucchini and Greek meatballs. Plenty for the 4 of us. All dinners were fish and the portions were large, bronzing done table side, salmon stuffed with spinach and feta, swordfish , and fish plaki a Greek choice. We shared a dessert with custard inside phyllo dough ..quite good. The coffee lovers all got cappuccinos and macchiados from a new machine. Server was very good and helpful.wine list perhaps a bit limited but we always find something to like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014service was slow. very loud in there couldnt hold a conversation
- Greek StyledhochDined on 10/26/2014food was by and large great. We have eaten at a lot of Greek restaurants, and in Greece. Much less olive oil than usual Greek restaurants. Meals flavorful. Stringbeans not as overlooked as most places Food is more expensive than most Greek restaurants, but so was the quality We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always IncredibleJohnMVIPDined on 10/23/2014We found this restaurant a few months ago based on the reviews from Open Table and have not been disappointed. Every time we go we love it more than the time before. This last time they had the musician Alex performing and he was fabulous. There was a price fix menu but there was plenty to choose from and the portions were still large. You started with the cold appetizer platter which to be honest one was big enough for2 people. It had divine stuffed grape leaves, hummus, pita, olives, tzatziki, and Tirokafteri. Next we shared the Greek Salad which was light and refreshing. My wife got the stuffed salmon which is her favorite and I got the steak. Both were delicious. We ended the night with their amazing chocolate baklava and espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJohnMVIPDined on 9/20/2014We cannot wait to go back. We started with greek meatballs (sorry but not even attempting to spell) they were tender, moist and full of flavor. We then had the spanakopoda which was made to perfection. For our entrees we had the salmon stuffed with spinach and feta cheese it exceeded our expectations in every way. The salmon was incredible and the portion was tremendous. Our second entree was the lamb soulvaki skewer. The lamb was cooked perfect, tender and juicy. Both entrees were amazing. For dessert we shared the choclote baklava which is the best we ever had and the perfect way to end an incredible dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAS1VIPDined on 9/15/2014We always enjoy eating here. Neighborhood, friendly Greek restaurant where the food is excellent and the service very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CarrVIPDined on 9/13/2014The best tzaziki we ever ate, including in Greece. The food is fersh and delicious....Better than most NY Greek restaurants. The dishes come out hot and steaming and are always cooked perfectly. Portions are huge. We always take home enough for a second meal. Yum..gonna have some tonigh. On weekend there is terrific music and a pretty young belly dancer.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!RoseDined on 9/12/2014We were visiting in Boca for the weekend and looked over a list of restaurants and decided to do Greek. Food was outstanding and better yet, the owner used to run a similar spot in Naples, our home.Special Features:
- Estia!!!boynDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was excellent in all categories. Friendly staff set the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamckrDined on 8/29/2014The lamb chops were the best, as was the service and the entertainment!Special Features:
- UnhappyUnhappyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very Unhappy. waiter was attentative in the beginning but as the restaurant got more crowded the service got very poor.Special Features:
- dinner @ estiasmallgirlbigappetiteDined on 8/22/2014food very good. ambiance cozy, service was very good. gratis hummus & pita-excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Help! Chef Wanted! one that knowsTastePalDined on 8/17/2014Too much Salt and Black Pepper. The orzo was way overcooked. Canned stuffed grape leaves in the mixed appertizer. Other than that, it's nice. I do hope that the owner can correct the flaws
- KAS1VIPDined on 7/31/2014Always wonderful Greek food. If you like Greek food this is the place in Boca.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton reviews archive.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2014We have had dinner here several times and previously enjoyed the experience. However this time even the hummus was sour. When we asked if there were any specials, the waiter suggested we review the blackboard outside. That was only the beginning of his lack of experience, The stuffed chicken was like shoe leather. I doubt we will return and are very disappointed,
- Wonderful food & entertainmentKAS1VIPDined on 7/25/2014In all the times we have been to Estia this was the first night we went on a Friday where they had entertainment. A singer and a belly dancer and I have to say it was very nice. Greek music was very relaxing. Food was wonderful, as always. Service was perfect. Ownership is doing a real nice job with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placesuekVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have gone on Saturday nights and it's a lively place, good food, music and a belly dancer.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 7/10/2014We just came back from about two weeks in Greece and after about a week home decided to return to our American Greek restaurant of choice. Frankly while we had some real good meals in Greece I have to say that I like the food better at Estia. Friendly service of very good Greek food. The pita and hummus are wonderful. I had the gyro which I missed since so different in Greece. My wife had the fish cleaned up tableside. Both excellent. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014We have been back to this restaurant many times if you if you like Greek food to have a really good meal.Special Features:
- EhAfoodiesgirlfriendDined on 6/20/2014The hummus was not good, the pita was a little dry. The grilled octopus was great. The Greek sausage lacked flavor. But the service was fantastic and the little guy musician was fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Gem theniniVIPDined on 6/18/2014We will return Food was very good and beautifully presented! Would like to sit outside the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceReeseVIPDined on 6/9/2014Excellent Food accompanied by service that was friendly and caring. We will go back - The waiter was happy to be there and happy to celebrate my dads birthday - The food came out as ordered . the dessert was home made and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 5/27/2014As always, terrific. Service very attentive. Food was excellent. Owner and staff all very friendly. If you like Greek food served in a relaxing environment this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island boundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Delicious menu and a fun, vibrant venue. Great wait staff. Will continue to drive from West Palm to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value propositionBocaRatonLocalDined on 5/10/2014Upscale Greek experience with well prepared dishes and old-world service, solid recommendations by attentive waitstaff and an affable proprietor who appreciates your patronage made for a memorable evening. The bougatsa dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great dinner for momOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Our server Maria was new but great! The entree portions are big and food is very tasty. To begin you get free homemade hummus and warm pita. We had the saganaki to start which they flame right at the table for you. My mom had the salmon which she enjoyed and I had the chicken souvlaki which was yummy. We were both too full for dessert but maybe we'll be able to try it next time around.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 5/1/2014We think Estia is terrific. Food was spectacular last night. Service was top notch. Make sure to get the new VIP card they just came up with for the summer months. Nice discounts for return guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 4/26/2014I loved the hummus! One of the best I ever had. The server overheard me say I wanted the Bronzino, so he came over and said there was only one left and if I wanted it he'd put in the order. It was the best Bronzino I ever had!Special Features:
- Great food butMD180Dined on 4/19/2014The food and the atmosphere were really nice. I was disappointed in the service as the waiter was not very attentive nor did he remember about my wife's birthday while at other tables celebrating birthdays they were acknowledged. My wife's birthday was never acknowledged so we left disappointed. I would recommend the restaurant for the food and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOthing specialpiezumVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food is just OK. Ate outside because music was so loud inside. Service was good once it got started, but we waited a while before being attended to. No reason to go back as there are better Greek choices.
- Great Experience!Benj83Dined on 4/11/2014I recently dined at Estia and must say it was a great experience! As recommended, I tried the stuffed salmon. Flavor was superb, great presentation! Service staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I will be back and would recommend Estia to anyone looking for great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemMfransezeDined on 4/11/2014We went there 5 of us with family and friends and seated outside to our request. Our dinner started with grill octopus Spanakopita and large Greek salad. All were great. We asked for a dry white wine and the our waiter Michael recommended a Greek bottle that was perfect. Our mains especially my wife's stuffed Salmon was excellent. We also had Whole Branzini and YellowTail debone at the table side it was out of the world. As a Dessert we had Michael's recommendation Chocolate Baklava and Bugatsa It was yummy. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience....food and service were exemplary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of timeRickDined on 4/10/2014My wife & I were looking forward to an evening of Greek food.... however, There was some kind of festival going on in the shopping center. After waisting over 40 minutes looking for a parking space, we gave up and went elsewhere. The restaurant should offer valet parking. I had to fill in the reviews for all of the above, but it's hard when we couldn't get in the restaurant.
- Best Greek in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 4/6/2014We have been here many times. Top notch Greek food served by friendly waiters and an owner/chef who cares about each of his guests. Always making sure you have everything you could possibly want. If you like Greek food this is a must try. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined at Estia rwice.The foodpmccroskVIPDined on 4/6/2014Dined at Estia rwice.The food is very well prepared Greek food, in an upscale setting, with moderate prices. The only negative is a limited wine selection.
- Everything was wonderful,MarcieDined on 4/5/2014Everything was wonderful, however the music was very loud and too much!!Special Features:
- Really good greek FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014Once again...service was good....food very good. everyone was happy with their meal was well as our colorful server.Special Features:
- great greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2014Very nice menu, well prepared food, very accomodating staff...would go back for sure....