Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton
507 SE Mizner Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://estiagreektavernabar.com/
- Phone: 5614175800x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Nick Papadimitriou
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton
The word” Estia” is derived from Hestia, Goddess of the Hearth. Hestia in Greek means fireplace (hearth) and focus, core, center, source, seat, breeding –ground, hotbed, spot. The Goddess Hestia is the center of home, the welcoming warming fire at the heart of home. Her duty is to always keep the fire burning, a source of light and warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (5)romantic (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Estia!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was excellent in all categories. Friendly staff set the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamckrDined on 8/29/2014The lamb chops were the best, as was the service and the entertainment!Special Features:
- UnhappyUnhappyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Very Unhappy. waiter was attentative in the beginning but as the restaurant got more crowded the service got very poor.Special Features:
- dinner @ estiasmallgirlbigappetiteDined on 8/22/2014food very good. ambiance cozy, service was very good. gratis hummus & pita-excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Help! Chef Wanted! one that knowsTastePalDined on 8/17/2014Too much Salt and Black Pepper. The orzo was way overcooked. Canned stuffed grape leaves in the mixed appertizer. Other than that, it's nice. I do hope that the owner can correct the flaws
- KAS1VIPDined on 7/31/2014Always wonderful Greek food. If you like Greek food this is the place in Boca.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2014We have had dinner here several times and previously enjoyed the experience. However this time even the hummus was sour. When we asked if there were any specials, the waiter suggested we review the blackboard outside. That was only the beginning of his lack of experience, The stuffed chicken was like shoe leather. I doubt we will return and are very disappointed,
- Wonderful food & entertainmentKAS1VIPDined on 7/25/2014In all the times we have been to Estia this was the first night we went on a Friday where they had entertainment. A singer and a belly dancer and I have to say it was very nice. Greek music was very relaxing. Food was wonderful, as always. Service was perfect. Ownership is doing a real nice job with this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placesuekVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have gone on Saturday nights and it's a lively place, good food, music and a belly dancer.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 7/10/2014We just came back from about two weeks in Greece and after about a week home decided to return to our American Greek restaurant of choice. Frankly while we had some real good meals in Greece I have to say that I like the food better at Estia. Friendly service of very good Greek food. The pita and hummus are wonderful. I had the gyro which I missed since so different in Greece. My wife had the fish cleaned up tableside. Both excellent. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014We have been back to this restaurant many times if you if you like Greek food to have a really good meal.Special Features:
- EhAfoodiesgirlfriendDined on 6/20/2014The hummus was not good, the pita was a little dry. The grilled octopus was great. The Greek sausage lacked flavor. But the service was fantastic and the little guy musician was fun.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Gem theniniVIPDined on 6/18/2014We will return Food was very good and beautifully presented! Would like to sit outside the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceReeseDined on 6/9/2014Excellent Food accompanied by service that was friendly and caring. We will go back - The waiter was happy to be there and happy to celebrate my dads birthday - The food came out as ordered . the dessert was home made and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 5/27/2014As always, terrific. Service very attentive. Food was excellent. Owner and staff all very friendly. If you like Greek food served in a relaxing environment this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island boundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Delicious menu and a fun, vibrant venue. Great wait staff. Will continue to drive from West Palm to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value propositionBocaRatonLocalDined on 5/10/2014Upscale Greek experience with well prepared dishes and old-world service, solid recommendations by attentive waitstaff and an affable proprietor who appreciates your patronage made for a memorable evening. The bougatsa dessert was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great dinner for momOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Our server Maria was new but great! The entree portions are big and food is very tasty. To begin you get free homemade hummus and warm pita. We had the saganaki to start which they flame right at the table for you. My mom had the salmon which she enjoyed and I had the chicken souvlaki which was yummy. We were both too full for dessert but maybe we'll be able to try it next time around.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the Estia Greek Taverna & Bar - Boca Raton reviews archive.
- KAS1VIPDined on 5/1/2014We think Estia is terrific. Food was spectacular last night. Service was top notch. Make sure to get the new VIP card they just came up with for the summer months. Nice discounts for return guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 4/26/2014I loved the hummus! One of the best I ever had. The server overheard me say I wanted the Bronzino, so he came over and said there was only one left and if I wanted it he'd put in the order. It was the best Bronzino I ever had!Special Features:
- Great food butMD180Dined on 4/19/2014The food and the atmosphere were really nice. I was disappointed in the service as the waiter was not very attentive nor did he remember about my wife's birthday while at other tables celebrating birthdays they were acknowledged. My wife's birthday was never acknowledged so we left disappointed. I would recommend the restaurant for the food and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOthing specialpiezumVIPDined on 4/19/2014Food is just OK. Ate outside because music was so loud inside. Service was good once it got started, but we waited a while before being attended to. No reason to go back as there are better Greek choices.
- Great Experience!Benj83Dined on 4/11/2014I recently dined at Estia and must say it was a great experience! As recommended, I tried the stuffed salmon. Flavor was superb, great presentation! Service staff was knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I will be back and would recommend Estia to anyone looking for great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemMfransezeDined on 4/11/2014We went there 5 of us with family and friends and seated outside to our request. Our dinner started with grill octopus Spanakopita and large Greek salad. All were great. We asked for a dry white wine and the our waiter Michael recommended a Greek bottle that was perfect. Our mains especially my wife's stuffed Salmon was excellent. We also had Whole Branzini and YellowTail debone at the table side it was out of the world. As a Dessert we had Michael's recommendation Chocolate Baklava and Bugatsa It was yummy. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience....food and service were exemplary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of timeRickDined on 4/10/2014My wife & I were looking forward to an evening of Greek food.... however, There was some kind of festival going on in the shopping center. After waisting over 40 minutes looking for a parking space, we gave up and went elsewhere. The restaurant should offer valet parking. I had to fill in the reviews for all of the above, but it's hard when we couldn't get in the restaurant.
- Best Greek in BocaKAS1VIPDined on 4/6/2014We have been here many times. Top notch Greek food served by friendly waiters and an owner/chef who cares about each of his guests. Always making sure you have everything you could possibly want. If you like Greek food this is a must try. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined at Estia rwice.The foodpmccroskVIPDined on 4/6/2014Dined at Estia rwice.The food is very well prepared Greek food, in an upscale setting, with moderate prices. The only negative is a limited wine selection.
- Everything was wonderful,MarcieDined on 4/5/2014Everything was wonderful, however the music was very loud and too much!!Special Features:
- Really good greek FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014Once again...service was good....food very good. everyone was happy with their meal was well as our colorful server.Special Features:
- great greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2014Very nice menu, well prepared food, very accomodating staff...would go back for sure....
- Quality has gone down a bit!prffDined on 3/21/2014The newownership has resulted in a drop in food quallity. Saganaki was barely warm, moussaka was definitely old and just reheated. Pasticio was all noodles, with very little sauce or meat filling! String beans were cold. Bartender did not know how to make a Manhattan. Would definitely think twice before going again! (Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014Delicious food, good service and great outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Complete with a delightfulbocaphillyDined on 3/15/2014Complete with a delightful belly dancer and a good musican, we enjoyed our dinner at this restaurant very much. The food was delicious and the waiter was excellent. He gave us very good recommendations, portion sizes, how much food to order, and what the chef recommend we try. All were right on target. The owner stopped by our table to ask if everything was to our liking and if there was anything he could do for us. We would dine here again. We enjoyed the whole scene very much.Special Features:
- Great timeHealthychiro21Dined on 3/15/2014What a great restaurant! Very good location in Boca in Royal Palm Place. Our whole table got lamb, the lamb chops and souvlaki. They were all delicious and cooked to perfection. We started off with saganaki, flaming cheese, which was also very tasty. When you first sit down they bring you pita and hummus. The drinks were prepared good and the bartender knew all the drinks requested. At the end of our meal a Greek guitarist came out as well as a belly dancer. They were amazing!! This place had mostly older people in it, my husband and I were the youngest ones (28 & 30). This place could be such a hot spot, word just has to get out. Go and try Estia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to parCarolroseVIPDined on 3/14/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times and have always had a great experience. Bronzino and lamp chops were excellent, in particular. We sat outside this time and, unfortunately, were begging for service. Hopefully it was an off night for the staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good greek foodnancyceeVIPDined on 3/4/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant on the 'back side' of the Pink Plaza. On a beautiful night, we ate outside which was very pleasant. Service was excellent, very attentive. The food was good. I had lamb souvlaki which was tender and flavorful. My friends had grilled shrimp and moussaka and everyone seemed satisfied with their meals. I don't feel like we adequately explored the menu enough to give a glowing review, but will definitely try this restaurant again. I really like Greek appetizers and we did not try anything more than the saganaki, which was excellent. A promising start, but more research is needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedRONNDined on 3/1/2014First time at this restaurant. Pulled from web site and from the pleasant owner's greeting to the banter with the waiter and the entertaining live music and belly dancing. Fun time and would return.Special Features:
- Estia - now what is used to be!Boca2dineDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed several dinners at Estia last year. However, we dined there with friends last week & were disappointed in the food. Definitely not the same quality as last year. The guitar player was very enthusiastic in his entertaining the diners. However, we requested our waiter on 3 occasions to ask the guitar player to lower his sounds & the guitar player chose to ignore our wishes. This made our experience in the restaurant very uncomfortable......we were unable to enjoy conversation with our friends.
- Good findQuinnscommentaryDined on 2/27/2014Reservation was not necessary. The restaurant was half empty on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long mealZoeKhloeDined on 2/22/2014We had reservations for 7:30. The host had to find us a table and it took 3 requests to get the 4th chair and setting. The wine the waiter suggested was very good. But we waited almost 90 minutes to get our meals. The food was not anything wonderful. The waiter, recognizing our long wait brought over a delicious dessert for us. The meal was a 3 hour event. Had they been more timely they could have double the income because they would have twice the visitors.Special Features: