8555 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.esterelrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3103583979x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:30am Lunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm Afternoon:3:30pm - 5:30pm Dinner: 5:30pm - 10pm Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary French / American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Marius Blin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for your events! Please call Angela Harretche, Senior Catering Manager, at (310) 228-2189 for more details.
- Entertainment: Esterel is located in the hip and luxurious Sofitel Beverly Hills. Sofitel offers nightly entertainment in our sleek Riviera 31 lounge that features live jazz, house music, KCRW DJ Garth Trinidad, burlesque shows and more!
- Special Events: With over 22,000 square feet of flexible event space, Estérel provides options to choose from, whether you are interested in hosting a small business luncheon or a large entertainment party. Call Angela Harretche, Senior Catering Manager, at (310) 228-2189. Angela will work close to you, from conception to completion to make your event most memorable.
A word from Esterel
California French at its best! Esterel is a chic, modern, and earthy restaurant located in the luxurious Sofitel Beverly Hills. It is named after a coastal mountain range of Southeast France.We are proud to support our ranchers and farmers who provide us with compassionately raised meats and sustainably farmed produces.Esterel sources local ingredients from Santa Monica Farmers Market, Hollywood Farmers Market, Petaluma Farms, K&M Grass-Fed Meats, and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Esterel reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Not as advertised!!!MMayeDined on 9/21/2014Went specifically for their sunday brunch buffet at noon. They closed it at 11;45... Then pushed a limited ala carte menu on us. Parking cost even more than bkfst. Even w validation. Avoid if u can.
- Only problem was we couldn't finishKentm1Dined on 9/9/2014First night in Beverly Hills and staying at the Sofitel do decided to eat at Esterel. I mentioned at booking that we were celebrating a special occasion and they responded I'm a most magnifique way. Extremely attentive and friendly. Food was absolutely beautiful in both presentation and taste. We probably didn't need to order the ciabatta appetizers since we all struggled to finish the fantastic mains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sangria Brunch?BenADined on 8/24/2014Apparently they host some sort of Sangria party on Sundays. So the noise level in the restaurant was ridiculous. The food was so-so but our waiter Joey(?) was excellent.
- Great breakfast!NikaDined on 7/19/2014Service was excellent!!! Food also very good and atmosphere friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual chicPlainjaneVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food was creatively prepared and delicious, the service attentive and friendly. Nice location. Patio dining was attractive.Special Features:
- grittyshakerVIPDined on 7/5/2014For just under $30 (including gratuity), you get a large and excellent American breakfast, with coffee, juice, croissants, eggs, hash browns and sausage/bacon. Certainly overpriced...but you are paying to eat in the Sofitel in Beverly Hills...and you could do worse.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Esterel reviews archive.
- Staff are very nice!!MikeVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great location and staff are friendly and professional. The food was fine. Good place for business lunch meetings.
- Great food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Terrible service, great food. The server mixed up our orders, didn't remember who ordered what. The waiter wrote down our orders but they still came out wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute foodTwinsanddineDined on 5/11/2014Still needed a sandwich or something. I would not return for Mother's Day. But nice people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than we hoped for!dbeatsDined on 5/11/2014My girlfriend and I take our moms and stepmoms to brunch every Mother's Day, this was one of our overall best experiences. The food was really good, service was excellent. The restaurant is sort of a mini-museum with many old Hollywood photos about. The design of the rooms was just beautiful. Everyone enjoyed themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placebdaygirlDined on 5/11/2014i went for breakfast-lunch. Not formal at all. casual dining. simple modern environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/5/2014We were in town for our anniversary and planned to check out restaurant based on reviews. Starting with our server Max, the experience was super and 5 star all the way. The hostess (missing name) and relations manager, Nina, were beyond expectation as they helped me surprise her with a gift the hotel packaged up for her. As for the food, the apps namely the kale salad and oysters were quite delicious followed by two amazing entrees. The filter and chicken dish were spectacular. All parties at the restaurant from the busboys to the server were extremely friendly which really added to this special occasion. Overall the hotel and restaurant are top notch in Los Angeles.Special Features:
- Donna ThompsonCookieDined on 4/20/2014Had one of the best brunches in Los Angeles; food was excellent. Could do with less orange juice in the mimosas, but overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food at a Sofitel!ChristyBVIPDined on 3/10/2014We stay quite often at Sofitel hotels around the world. And, we know that the food is always good. We had lunch at Esterel as we needed to be in the area around that time. The menu was fun and had a nice variety of things to chose from. And, the items we chose were delicious! The restaurant is very avant garde in design. Sadly, on a Monday, very few people were there to enjoy the restaurant. We would go back and hopefully others do, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLucieDined on 3/8/2014Its a beautiful place...The service is GreatThe management team Cornell and Frederick gave us outstanding service. I would recommended this place!!!!!Special Features:
- trying out new restaurantvilenDined on 1/31/2014it's dineLA time so we decided to give esterel a try. Our experience wasn't horrible but probably won't come back for more. The food was okay. Nothing really stands out. The waiters were super nice but a bit scattered. They made a mistake with my friend's order 3 times. And no one seems to know which one is the correct dish ( there were some confusion about butternut squash soup and pumpkin soup ) Overall, it's an okay experience but probably won't pay a full price to dine there.Special Features:
- service was great!DeericiousDined on 1/31/2014The restaurant is beautiful (reminded me of the Aria in Las Vegas) and the service fantastic. Our party of seven went during DineLA, and they were so accommodating. They put us in our own dining room (the dining table was also beautiful). However, the consensus around most of the table was that the food was a bit underwhelming, even for the DineLA price. A friend ordered off the 30-minute lunch "regular" menu, but the portion sizes were extremely small. Overall, the food was not as flavorful as we expected - for the dollar value, there is better food out there.Special Features:
- DineLA2014 - Surprising Lunch FindNessajVIPDined on 1/31/2014My finance and I happened to be in the area during lunch on Friday, and realized we had not tried yet one DineLA restaurant during the entire two weeks it's been going. So...we purveyed the DineLA website, looked over a few choices and menus, and decided on Estérel . What a surprising find, and in all the good ways. The location is inside the Sofitel, and the ambiance is very exquisite. We both felt we were not 'dressed up' enough for the hotel, and didn't expect such a high-class feel. The restaurant itself was comfortable, and welcoming. As for the food, and the DineLA menu, overall I was happy. Most of the items ran a bit on the 'tiny' side, but fortunately packed a lot of flavor. Service overall was attentive, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esterel lunchKLinLADined on 1/31/2014Went with a friend for lunch / Dine LA. $20 bought a lovely 3 course lunch. Our server was very friendly, cheerful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no dine LA, but we still ateFoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014We were late for our 2pm reservation. They stopped serving Dine LA at 230pm. But they will still serve regular lunch. We tried their 30 minute lunch. It was good. Small serving of 4 courses like bento box style. We were full though at the end. Their bread needs to be changed. We didn't care much for it. Romano was our waiter. He was good.Special Features:
- Foodie reviewLilmsintlDined on 1/25/2014This place was not impressive. We are foodies and did Dine LA and the service was sub par and the food was nothing to call home about. We will not return as there were not many tables in the dining room, and having been a server, we should have received top notch service, yet more than once the server ignored us and walked by us, failing to check on us. First time at this Restaurant for Dine LA and no thanks to returning. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Nice placeRedCometVIPDined on 1/25/2014We actually went with our kids and took advantage of the special menu during dineLA. The place was shockingly quiet, with only a few other tables seated. Having said that, the server was attentive and tolerant to my kids' antics. The food was good but not great. After the meal, we spent some time at the very plush enclosed "outdoor" area. The atmosphere was very nice. Would have been very romantic without the kids.Special Features:
- Esterel Review - Picture perfectJanetDined on 1/23/2014The food portions were a great size (not too big) and the plates were all picture perfect (and delicious!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014The place and food were perfect. The staff was friendly and my group of ten close friends all loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant was empty (maybe 6 of us total on a Saturday night in LA). The food was good but not amazing considering the prices. The steak was perfectly cooked, the fish was delicious, and their pear sorbet was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass on this onepsimpsonDined on 8/17/2013Perhaps one of the most disappointing restaurant meals I have ever had. Not one redeeming quality to the food. Dessert was clearly some prepackaged Sysco product (that didn't stop them from charging an outrageous mark up), chicken was dry and accompanied by some horrible over cooked gnocci, don't even get me started on the app. - tuna "carpaccio" more like tuna goo with garlic powder sprinkled on it (why???). In case you still want to go get ready to pay at least three times retail for the mediocre wine selection.Special Features:
- bland..littlefoodieDined on 7/25/2013Upon entering the restaurant, the host was talking to another guest and didnt acknowledge 3 people walking up to the desk. We were standing there for about 5 minutes until we approached him about getting seated seeing as the restaurant was fairly empty. We get to our table and even though we had reservations, the table wasnt set for our party of 3. The food we ordered was very underseasoned. Overall, the 3 of us were dissatisfied with the appetizers and entrees we had ordered but the desserts were okay. From this experience, I doubt we would come back.
- Had the Provençale flatbreadOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2013Had the Provençale flatbread with fresh, ripe tomatoes, then moved on to the duck and beef medallions, both of which were excellent. If you are torn, go for the duck. We then finished with Baked Alaska, set aflame tableside.Special Features:
- Last timeNotenufDined on 5/24/2013I have tried every restaurant that has used this sight since the hotel first opened many years ago. This current one lacks any sense of innovation. The menu was limited and not very inspiring. The bronzino was just plain ordinary. When this restaurant closes I may try the next attempt. Maybe not.
- PerfectionbigmellzDined on 5/19/2013The wife & I dined here for brunch, food is great tasting and low in calories. The staff were knowledgeable, made excellent suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined here because we wereBHReviewer2VIPDined on 5/17/2013We dined here because we were staying in the hotel. The food was quite good but the service was very slow. The restaurant was not crowded & it was very frustrating to have to wait 15 minutes for our drinks, then wait another 15 minutes for our appetizers. Our main course was then brought out before we finished the appetizers. We were overcharged for 3 glasses of wine that we hadn't ordered - they were taken off the bill but it was just another bit of inattention to our meal.
- Brunch menu is great but cankittyVIPDined on 3/31/2013Brunch menu is great but can be better with more food choices. would love to come back again!Special Features:
- Love love love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2012Love love love this place. It's a very chill restaurant with amazing decor. The food is great, especially the lobster dynamite and tuna tartar. Their bread selection is delicious as well. My husband and I love it here, and celebrate all our special occasions here. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The night we went was slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/22/2012The night we went was slow, a rainy Sunday night. Food is always amazing and any of Chef Simon's restaurants. I tried sweetbreads and really liked them here. The only thing that wasn't amazing was the lemon poppy seed cake that I save and ate for breakfast. I couldn't quite figure out what the aftertaste was.Special Features:
- Food was nothing special comparedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Food was nothing special compared to the hype. Not worth the $$$.
- Good option for shoppersChinesefoodloverDined on 10/7/2011A great place for dinner in the neighborhood especially after shopping at the mall. The food is good and prices are reasonable. The bar area is very handsome and great for a large group. The hotel lobby decor is very stylish and lends itself to a young and trendy crowd.Special Features:
- Would've said Vibrant BarOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/9/2011Would've said Vibrant Bar Scene, but for some reason, on last Friday night, there was hardly anyone there. The other time we went on a Friday, the bar was packed, and the music was turned up louder. My girlfriend, and I couldn't stop dancing in our seats during dinner. This time the we could barely hear the music.Special Features:
- Meh. Too expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2011Meh. Too expensive for what is is. Mostly empty on a Saturday. Can see why.
- Not the same...YumsterVIPDined on 8/26/2011Very disappointing evening. We have had great experiences here previously. Will not return or recommend. From the dominating music coming from the lounge to the inability to put a couple of properly cooked steaks on the table at the same time...
- My favourite touch was theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2011My favourite touch was the cotton candy delivered with the bill!Special Features: