Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum
10000 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.estanciachurrascaria.com/
- Phone: 5123455600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5 - 10pm
Friday 5 - 10:30pm
Saturday 3 - 10:30pm
Sunday 3 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum
Estância Churrascaria is a Brazilian Steakhouse offering a dining experience rich in the culture and flavor of Southern Brazil. Guests begin dining with their preferred selections from our extensive salad bar. The salad bar features over twenty-five fresh and well selected items. It is guaranteed to win the praises of steak lovers and vegetarians alike. When guests are ready, our professional chefs will personally serve them at their tables by slicing meat selections directly from skewers onto their plates. Our chefs offer guests a variety of over 14 savory cuts of meats, including chicken, pork, beef, lamb, and sausage -all grilled to your desired temperature! The main course is accompanied by traditional Brazilian side dishes. For a set price you can enjoy endless pleasure of our elaborate salad bar, delectable cuts of meats, and authentic side dishes. Come prepared to enjoy as much as you please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)good for groups (64)romantic (48)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ExcellentflamingcandyDined on 10/14/2014They have the best meat selections and they are non stop on making sure you have had enough to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinnerbrowndogDined on 10/12/2014Almost all the food was excellent, although the bacon-wrapped filet seemed to be bacon-wrapped sirloin chunks--so tough we could not chew it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMidifoodieDined on 10/11/2014We were seated and served right away. Once we got up for salad bar, we didn't see our waiter much after that, but we did have another waiter who would occasionally check on us but we were still confused. The food from the salad bar was fresh and delicious. Lots of options. Once we got to the highlight- the meat...the chicken was salty and we were offered chicken and pork over and over but it wasn't until the end of the night that we were offered the picanha specialty. Wish we had been offered sirloin more because it was delicious. The fried polenta was bland and greasy. Overall we would come back. Everyone was nice. It did take a very long time to get our check though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out.luv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Good experience but not great. We were looking for a special occasion spot but this is more of an any day place. Though most of the food was excellent, some cuts of meat were a tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place everProtein23Dined on 10/10/2014Honestly the best restaurant I've ever been to. This was my first experience at a Brazilian Steakhouse but definitely won't be my last. I tried every single meat that was offered to me and outside of the sausage they were all excellent. I also had their molten chocolate cake for dessert which was delicious of course. The best part about the dining experience was the amazing service. I felt like I should have tipped everyone in the restaurant since they all took such good care of me and my girlfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Fabulous!DonnaLeuDined on 10/10/2014I treated my husband to Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum in October for his birthday. The food was wonderful! This steakhouse far exceeded any others we've been to! The salad bar was fresh and the selection was plentiful. The meats were delicious and cooked to perfection as were the side dishes. I loved the hot cheese bread. It was all wonderful; however, the service was off the chart. They were all dressed impeccably and they were quick and flawless. The server made excellent wine suggestions, our water was refilled continually, as were the side dishes replaced. They gauchos remembered how we liked the beef cooked, for gosh sakes! We thoroughly enjoyed it! They made a special occasion even more special! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food high price1stTimeVisitDined on 10/6/2014For $50 a person my expectations for the quality of food were not met. Had I skipped the meats and had just salad and a desert I would have felt the price and quality would have been more in line with my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014. My parents and I were taking my boyfriend to dinner for his birthday. The beginning of the night started well. The issues started with the meat service. After the first round of selections, we flipped over our cards to enjoy some food before requesting anymore. When we flipped them back, there were no servers to be found. All of our cocktails were drained and water glasses low. A server asked if we wanted anything specific. My boyfriend anything was good, and my dad asked for lamb. About ten minutes later they came out with one lamb chop and that was it. I had asked for more plantains and they were never brought out. They confused the desserts and wrote happy birthday on my parents instead of my boyfriends.Special Features:
- Pace Yourself!dancinbananaDined on 10/4/2014Estancia Churrascaria is friendly and modest with a good selection of grilled meats. If you like meat then you must try this South Brazilian churrascaria style of eating. Don't waste too much time on the salad bar, as good as it is, and don't eat too many cheesy rolls, mashed potatoes and baked plantains - save the space for the meats! My son loves this place - he's 12 - and it's a tradition in our family to go there for his birthday when he gets to introduce a fried to the meat-fest. The house specials are the best, try the lamb chops - hard to find good lamb in Texas, and save some room for a Brazilian speciality desert of Papaya Cream.Special Features:
- Fantastic diningjingles1506Dined on 10/2/2014This was our first visit and definitely not our last. The food was amazing and the service was awesome! The salad bar was very fresh and would not disappoint even the vegetarians. I do not eat meat, and was very happy with the salad selection. You will not go home hungry. I highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Exceptional!PickyFoodieDined on 10/1/2014The food and the service were truly exceptional. The staff, including the manager, were very attentive to our needs. The wine recommendation was spot on. I recommend, if you're too full for both dessert and coffee, to go with the chocolate coffee (which is chocolate liqueur and coffee topped with whipped cream) as an after dinner drink. We have been to a few other Brazilian churrascarias, and this one's service is unmatched. They made our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Attentive HoststoadsausageDined on 9/30/2014Each time we dine here, we feel like very special guests. This particular occasion was a birthday surprise for my husband. When I reserved the table, the manager called me to confirm my reservation and ask if there was any way they could make the event more special. Once we arrived, we were greeted warmly by the hostess and seated -- as requested -- in a corner of the room away from other guests. The waitstaff is amazing! They were quick to refill our drinks, provide meat suggestions, and keep the table clear. The food is DELICIOUS. We only eat here on special occasions, because otherwise we'd get fat! Estancia will go out of their way to make your experience special and memorable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingthasroDined on 9/27/2014It was our first time dining at Estancia. From the moment we walked in the door to be seated, to the moment we walked out, we were greeted by everyone that worked there in one way or another. The service is excellent. We have only had outstanding service like this one other time and that was on our cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines. The food is excellent and delicious. For the expensive price tag, it was well worth the experience but it is because of the price tag, that we probably will not be back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Service was excellent. All the staff was very caring and friendly. Some of the meats were tough and hard to chew with a lot of gristle streaked throughout. The salad bar was very good and the staff kept it looking fresh and appetizing. We enjoyed all the sides and we particularly liked the chimmichurra sauce. We were impressed that all the staff were told of our special celebration and congratulated us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We decided to spend our 20th anniversary there and we were not disappointed. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation we had scheduled and were told we could be seated immediately. The food was delicious and the salad bar selection was incredible. We eat paleo and were able to stay within our dietary guidelines with the food offered. Perfect restaurant for paleo people! :) We were also given a dessert on the house which had Happy Anniversary written in white chocolate. We appreciate everything that was done to make our night memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Lunch Party!CaraDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of six here for my husband's birthday, and we had an excellent time. Service was impeccable--polite, attentive, and gracious. Food was simply amazing, from the meat parade to the salad bar. Highly recommended, whether for groups, special events, reward luncheons, or romantic nights out.Special Features:
- I don't like chickenRoundRockFoodieDined on 9/19/2014I don't generally like chicken, but seriously, the chicken and the lamb were the two best things they offered from the churrascaria. The beef was all over cooked and not rested, therefore it was dry and tasteless. One piece I had actually had a "wang" to it. I used to live in Deep South Texas and it tasted like the beef they served across the border in Mexico (not a good thing)! The salad bar was wonderful and I would go back for that, but, save your money and go to a real fine dining steakhouse if you want good meat! If you want LOADS of meat, this is the place to go! Would be a perfect place for a football team banquet!Special Features:
- eatcownowDined on 9/18/2014Great service and astute management. Comforting yet upbeat ambient. Fine wine and dessert menu. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicecbsbDined on 9/18/2014We experienced friendly, prompt, professional service from every staff and management person at the restaurant. We were taken care of even before we entered the building. It was raining hard so I was going to drop my wife off at the door. As I pulled up a valet with large umbrella came to the car and walked my wife dryly to the door. I parked my car and was reaching for my umbrella when I see the same valet with large umbrella coming out to the lot to escort me in. Nice touch! Not everyone has umbrellas in Austin.Special Features:
- a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014For a wine tasting the food service was good - the $35 gratuity for 2 was high. Creme Bruele was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014First time eating there, and our 2nd at a Brazilian Steakhouse. Compared to Texas De Brazil, this one hands down beats it. I can say that this is now, one of my favorite places to go in Austin. Our server was great, kept our drinks and goodies stocked. The Manager, Greg, came by to personally check up on us and they definitely took care of us. Great place to for an anniversary, they even gave us a desert of our choice on the house!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th Anniversary DinnerThomasCameronDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife to dinner at Estância Churrascaria for our 17th anniversary. I mentioned on my OpenTable reservation that it was our anniversary, and they treated us like royalty. Congratulated us when we arrived, drizzled "Happy Anniversary" in berry sauce on the plate that our dessert came on, and wished us happy anniversary when they brought it out. Little touches like that made it a really amazing night. We always have a great time here. Estância has really become our go-to place for special events. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant Brazilian Experience!cajuDined on 9/5/2014The service was great! All staff members were very attentive and friendly. The food tasted great and was served quickly without hesitation. We also ordered drinks from the bar that were served quickly and tasted phenomenally. We definitely enjoyed the Customer Service manager and his deep input in the traditions that founded the company. My date and myself will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014For our anniversary dinner, we were looking for an up scale dining experience, good wine and food, and a quite evening. We got all of that at Estancia Churrascaria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estancia 8/30/14OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014I have been numerous times to this restaurant both at the Arboretum and at its humbler beginnings by Brodie Lane and this is the 1st time it did not meet my expectations. Both the food and service were lacking. The food tasted great but the variety was less, many ribs and sirloin, much less of the picanha/filets. As a result the service suffered as our plates went empty waiting for the more desired/asked cuts. I can get ribs/sirloin at any restaurant in Austin, minus the smaller cuts at the table. We ended up taking much longer, with many breaks, as a result. Also, the check took forever to get, even after asking for it. Overall, it seems like they were understaffed for sure and maybe this also translated to the cooking; thus fewer choices?Special Features:
- yummy meatJohninNorthAusDined on 8/23/2014This was a delicious way to over indulge on meat! I enjoyed all the meat, and everything I took from the salad bar, but what st the place apart was the service, my friend's iced tea was always full... And mine was as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The online reservation never got through to Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum. I got a confirmation in email, which I showed to Estancia Churrascaria, they claimed they never got our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChasitieChasitieDined on 8/21/2014My favorite place to eat!!!! Anyone who visits Austin, even people who live in Austin, I recommend this restaurant. The service is exceptional. Sean Hudspeth took his time to make sure that we were fully enjoying my birthday with my sister and I loved it! I love everything about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Everything was great but the waiter that was assigned to our table was not very pleasant, couple of times we asked for something he was not helpful. He was bothered by the questions. For the price we paid, we should get better service and we were not a table with lots of requirements. Seems to me that, he knew that he was getting a "tip" no matter what! The other servers were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday FirstCorrieDined on 8/10/2014I was excited to take my boyfriend here for his 21st birthday as he had never been, so I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance indicating there would be only one person eating meat, and one eating ONLY at the salad bar, and noted it was my boyfriends birthday. Night of, after saying I had a reservation they seemed to just throw me at an empty table as if my reservation hadn't mattered. They forgot it was my boyfriends birthday and I had to sheepishly ask for a birthday cake, AND they still tried charging me for the meat I did not partake in eating. They fixed everything politely, but I didn't feel valued as a customer who made a reservation and requests, which I found reasonable, and easy to accommodate to.Special Features:
- A standard for servicePoeto3079Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very good, but the service was even better. A great place to take family and friends for that special event. I will be returning soon for another great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014It was a nice experience at a reasonable price. I took my two teenagers and the staff treated them as adults (that's a good thing), referring to them as "sir" and gentlemen".Special Features:
- Waiter serviceBrendaDined on 8/8/2014Our waiter that day was a bit push and rush for our drink and dessert orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business dinnerskirfanDined on 8/7/2014Took a large group - 9 people to Estancia for dinner. Service was excellent! and so was the food. Different cuts of meats for everyone.. topped it off with some great desserts. This was my second time here for a business dinner and it didn't disappoint. It has now become my go to place for group dinners in the Austin area.Special Features:
- Simply DivineatxeatsDined on 8/5/2014Every month we try new places around Austin. We *used* to be a big fan of Fogo. It has it's own awesomeness but with Estancia it's a hidden gem at North. Great wine selection, restaurant personnel were delightful and knowledgable about the food, wine, desserts. It is high on the price range but with the environment/ambience, food, personnel... It's worth every penny! Will be coming back here again.. And again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable family celebration outingFamilyFeastingDined on 8/3/2014Overall we had an enjoyable time to celebrate my grandmother'a birthday. Through Opem Table inlet the restaurant know it was a special occasion and they borough out a surprise birthday plate with cheese cake and chocolate cake. I have been to other Brazillian steakhouse chains where the salad bar is more extensive and impressive. The cuts of meat however were wonderful. The waitstaff was highly attentive and had a great wine suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse!CandyDined on 8/2/2014This was my first visit to Estancia. The chaiprinias were the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Brazilian Steakhouses!TFoxxDined on 8/2/2014We have tried many Brazilian Steakhouses and truly love the food. This restaurant was fabulous! The service was above excellence. Food delicious as always. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop ItMercuryDined on 7/30/2014I have been to Brazilian steak houses before and they were positive, memorable experiences. The whole night we felt like we had 5 servers coming by our table asking if they could take our plates and bring us fresh ones, when there was clearly food still there. I have never had so many random people from one restaurant visit my table in a constant loop. They would come by and promptly take away our side dishes when they were less than half full. The whole operation seemed very wasteful and mismanaged, in a way that rushes the enjoyment and appreciation of the food. A few of the cuts offered were decent, but overall I was disappointed when compared to previous establishments, and other steak houses in Austin, or your neighbor's grill.Special Features:
- ServicechuponDined on 7/30/2014The service was outstanding this was out first time dining here and we were truly impressed for sue we will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.