Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum
10000 Research Blvd.
Austin, TX 78759Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.estanciachurrascaria.com/
- Phone: (512) 345-5600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5 - 10pm
Friday 5 - 10:30pm
Saturday 3 - 10:30pm
Sunday 3 - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum
Estância Churrascaria is a Brazilian Steakhouse offering a dining experience rich in the culture and flavor of Southern Brazil. Guests begin dining with their preferred selections from our extensive salad bar. The salad bar features over twenty-five fresh and well selected items. It is guaranteed to win the praises of steak lovers and vegetarians alike. When guests are ready, our professional chefs will personally serve them at their tables by slicing meat selections directly from skewers onto their plates. Our chefs offer guests a variety of over 14 savory cuts of meats, including chicken, pork, beef, lamb, and sausage -all grilled to your desired temperature! The main course is accompanied by traditional Brazilian side dishes. For a set price you can enjoy endless pleasure of our elaborate salad bar, delectable cuts of meats, and authentic side dishes. Come prepared to enjoy as much as you please!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum - Best Restaurants in Arboretum ›
Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)good for groups (70)romantic (56)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- fabulous as alwaysjules3Dined on 11/22/2014Wonderful service! Wonderful staff! Wonderful food! Wine menu was very impressive. Drinks were perfectly made. Great atmosphere! Great management that shows consistent leadership on the floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night dinner w/my 16 yo daughter.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful dinner experience. The salad bar was full and fresh, with a wide variety to choose from. The meats were all cooked to perfection and the servers were constantly passing through. The moment you flip your card there's 2 or 3 of them there instantly. We had a 7pm reservation and were seated and at the salad bar by 7:03... Perfect for a "starving" teenager!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant, and now that I have discovered it we will be returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!BillieDined on 11/22/2014The food was excellent. The meats were some of the best I've ever had. The salad bar was delicious and beautiful. The service was excellent. Never once did our water glass get even half empty. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. It was pouring down rain when we left and they even had someone walk us to the car with an umbrella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My wife and I were told by a friend about this restaurant, so we decided to visit for our 15th anniversary. I didn't know what to expect, but it completely exceeded anything that I could have imagined. The setup is excellent, the staff was amazing and friendly and OMG the food was delicious. You will never see a salad bar the likes of this!! If you have never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse before, which this was my first, you should definitely try this place. You get to try every type of meat that they have instead of being locked in to whatever you order off of the menu like a traditional restaurant. The meat is always hot and fresh and the taste is amazing. I will definitely be returning to this place sometime soon, when my schedule permits, but will probably keep this as a getaway for the wife and myself although I did see kids there I just prefer it as our getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Overpriced wine.CarnivorBobDined on 11/20/2014I made a reservation. Our table was waiting for us. The service is excellent. The wine was good, but way overpriced. The hot rolls were excellent and it was hard not to eat a second one. Everything on the salad bar looked great, but I didn't waste much time grazing there. The fourteen cuts (I asked the manager) of beef, pork, chicken and lamb were all well-seasoned and delicious. I tried them all. No regrets there. I shared a papaya cream dessert .(Somebody thought they had read papaya assisted in the digestion process. I have no idea if that's true.) Dessert was ok, but probably not worth the $9 price. Meal for four, one bottle of red wine, one iced tea, two desserts and tip about $375. For me, a fun experience for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A feast for eyes and taste budsBuddyDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I look forward to a great eating experience each time we dine here, and we are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and servicePlatypusDined on 11/14/2014We loved the food, and the service was impeccable. The only reservation I had was the music. Standard American pop music did not enhance our dining experience. It would have been fun to hear Brazilian, or at least South American, music to go along with the food. Having said that, the pop music would not prevent us from dining there again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceKakisuDined on 11/7/2014We were celebrating and Estancia Churrascaria really delivered. The food was impeccable, the service perfect, the experience memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayRobertDined on 11/3/2014We took my wife's son, for his birthday dinner, with his wife and four year son. We had a great time, the food, just outstanding. The service incredible, the guys were great. I love Brazilian but it never seems to be as good an overall experience as we had on this night. The food and service, just great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really wanted to rate higher but:NonVegansVIPDined on 11/1/2014.... almost every meat sample, except the filet mignon, was crusted with some sort of salt based spice which really overpowered the taste. If you're on a low sodium diet this is not the place for you. The ambiance was a bit crazy. There were servers running into each other like a pin ball table. Seemed like they didn't know which way to turn next. The noise level was high and a bit distracting. Salad bar was ok but nothing to write home about. The meats were dry and tasteless. The cheeses and veggies were good. It lacked dressings...only three as I recall. We were seated quickly and were congratulated on our anniversary which was a nice touch. We've been to other Brazilian-style steak houses and had a better experience.Special Features:
- Good food, poor servicePercyDined on 10/30/2014seating was unacceptable as it was hard to talk to people at a long table. Wish they had round tables for easier conversations. waiters were unfriendly and rude at times. enjoyed the excellent salad bar and meat selections.
- Great birthday lunchAmandaBDined on 10/30/2014Went here for lunch for my birthday. Definitely ate too much and did not need dinner that day. But the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulleggejrDined on 10/26/2014Estancia Churrascaria never disappoints, it is always a wonderful meal and great service! It's the perfect place to go especially when celebrating a Birthday or Anniversary.Special Features:
- October 25th DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014It was my mom's birthday and they even offered us a free dessert! The service was great! My first experience here was wonderful. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Lap chops...I mean lamb chops...DandDDined on 10/25/2014The food is always terrific. I've been here about 6 times in the last 2 years. Not sure what kind of trick the waiter was trying (he was taking lamb chops (hot lamb chops) off the MIDDLE of the serving stick instead of the bottom of the stick. They landed on my dress. We didn't see him again and didn't really feel like "woops" was the best response.Special Features:
- Home Run!JPWhittakerDined on 10/25/2014Great salad bar with higher end products. Wonderful service from well supervised staff of gauchos with constant service of hot, perfectly prepared steaks, ribs, chicken, pork, sausage. Terrific Brazilian side dishes; fried bananas, fried polenta, and mashed potatoes. Did I mention the desserts? The deserts were fabulous. Well worth the fixed price of $41.50.Special Features:
- ThanksAmigoDined on 10/24/2014After I step by Fogo de Chao downtown Austin , Texas de Brazil in San Antonio I give both places 7.50-8.0 against Estancia Churrasqueria 10.00 Is NOT Only the Food is the People working in there make the differenceSpecial Features:
- wonderful evening!pastaloverDined on 10/24/2014We were celebrating 2 birthdays and happened to be dining on the anniversary of this restaurant. The manager was very attentive & a genuinely nice man. Service was exceptional and food was cooked to perfection. Free desserts that evening! All absurdly delicious. Will definitely visit this place again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and ServiceSuperRestaurantDined on 10/24/2014I am very picky about restaurants. You guys get a 5-star "+" from us. Excellent food and service and ambiance. Best food we've had in years.Special Features:
- great food and staffSweetTDined on 10/24/2014I had made reservations here about a week before I actually dined. I anticipated the dinner that whole week. It exceeded my expectations by far. The staff was so friendly and attentive. We had made mention of wanting to try every meat offered and at times if a new meat came out we had not yet tried, they would come offer it to us even when our cards were on red. It was so nice of them. We had requested rare once or twice and that's all it took for them to know which temperature we wanted for the remainder of the dinner. I will be dining here again next time I am in Austin. I really don't have anything bad to say about the place or the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Estancia Churrascaria does it againZadok1844Dined on 10/24/2014Great food and a not-to-be believed salad bar. My wife and I really enjoyed the free dessert for Estancia's third anniversary. The wait staff and management were extremely attentive. We only go once or twice a year, but each time proves that Estancia is one of the great places to dine in Austin.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!JBBINDined on 10/23/2014It was our 4 year anniversary. My wife was talking about Fogo de Chao. We found this place because we were going to be in the area within a few hours. I had never been to a restaurant like this before. I was very impressed with the service and how cordial the staff was. Very quick and willing to please. We will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!Just2TasteDined on 10/18/2014This was our second visit to Estancia Charrascaria-Arboretum. The first was a company Christmas party. This time all personal pleasure and to introduce their exquisite food and dining experience to family. It was even better this time. The atmosphere was a bit less hectic than the Christmas party. The staff are fantastic. Very attentive to every detail and interactive and friendly. The food, of course, was absolutely devine. Everything we tried was delicious. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentflamingcandyDined on 10/14/2014They have the best meat selections and they are non stop on making sure you have had enough to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinnerbrowndogDined on 10/12/2014Almost all the food was excellent, although the bacon-wrapped filet seemed to be bacon-wrapped sirloin chunks--so tough we could not chew it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMidifoodieDined on 10/11/2014We were seated and served right away. Once we got up for salad bar, we didn't see our waiter much after that, but we did have another waiter who would occasionally check on us but we were still confused. The food from the salad bar was fresh and delicious. Lots of options. Once we got to the highlight- the meat...the chicken was salty and we were offered chicken and pork over and over but it wasn't until the end of the night that we were offered the picanha specialty. Wish we had been offered sirloin more because it was delicious. The fried polenta was bland and greasy. Overall we would come back. Everyone was nice. It did take a very long time to get our check though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out.luv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Good experience but not great. We were looking for a special occasion spot but this is more of an any day place. Though most of the food was excellent, some cuts of meat were a tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place everProtein23Dined on 10/10/2014Honestly the best restaurant I've ever been to. This was my first experience at a Brazilian Steakhouse but definitely won't be my last. I tried every single meat that was offered to me and outside of the sausage they were all excellent. I also had their molten chocolate cake for dessert which was delicious of course. The best part about the dining experience was the amazing service. I felt like I should have tipped everyone in the restaurant since they all took such good care of me and my girlfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Fabulous!DonnaLeuDined on 10/10/2014I treated my husband to Estancia Churrascaria - Arboretum in October for his birthday. The food was wonderful! This steakhouse far exceeded any others we've been to! The salad bar was fresh and the selection was plentiful. The meats were delicious and cooked to perfection as were the side dishes. I loved the hot cheese bread. It was all wonderful; however, the service was off the chart. They were all dressed impeccably and they were quick and flawless. The server made excellent wine suggestions, our water was refilled continually, as were the side dishes replaced. They gauchos remembered how we liked the beef cooked, for gosh sakes! We thoroughly enjoyed it! They made a special occasion even more special! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food high price1stTimeVisitDined on 10/6/2014For $50 a person my expectations for the quality of food were not met. Had I skipped the meats and had just salad and a desert I would have felt the price and quality would have been more in line with my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerLatenightDined on 10/5/2014. My parents and I were taking my boyfriend to dinner for his birthday. The beginning of the night started well. The issues started with the meat service. After the first round of selections, we flipped over our cards to enjoy some food before requesting anymore. When we flipped them back, there were no servers to be found. All of our cocktails were drained and water glasses low. A server asked if we wanted anything specific. My boyfriend anything was good, and my dad asked for lamb. About ten minutes later they came out with one lamb chop and that was it. I had asked for more plantains and they were never brought out. They confused the desserts and wrote happy birthday on my parents instead of my boyfriends.Special Features:
- Pace Yourself!dancinbananaDined on 10/4/2014Estancia Churrascaria is friendly and modest with a good selection of grilled meats. If you like meat then you must try this South Brazilian churrascaria style of eating. Don't waste too much time on the salad bar, as good as it is, and don't eat too many cheesy rolls, mashed potatoes and baked plantains - save the space for the meats! My son loves this place - he's 12 - and it's a tradition in our family to go there for his birthday when he gets to introduce a fried to the meat-fest. The house specials are the best, try the lamb chops - hard to find good lamb in Texas, and save some room for a Brazilian speciality desert of Papaya Cream.Special Features:
- Fantastic diningjingles1506Dined on 10/2/2014This was our first visit and definitely not our last. The food was amazing and the service was awesome! The salad bar was very fresh and would not disappoint even the vegetarians. I do not eat meat, and was very happy with the salad selection. You will not go home hungry. I highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Exceptional!PickyFoodieDined on 10/1/2014The food and the service were truly exceptional. The staff, including the manager, were very attentive to our needs. The wine recommendation was spot on. I recommend, if you're too full for both dessert and coffee, to go with the chocolate coffee (which is chocolate liqueur and coffee topped with whipped cream) as an after dinner drink. We have been to a few other Brazilian churrascarias, and this one's service is unmatched. They made our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Attentive HoststoadsausageDined on 9/30/2014Each time we dine here, we feel like very special guests. This particular occasion was a birthday surprise for my husband. When I reserved the table, the manager called me to confirm my reservation and ask if there was any way they could make the event more special. Once we arrived, we were greeted warmly by the hostess and seated -- as requested -- in a corner of the room away from other guests. The waitstaff is amazing! They were quick to refill our drinks, provide meat suggestions, and keep the table clear. The food is DELICIOUS. We only eat here on special occasions, because otherwise we'd get fat! Estancia will go out of their way to make your experience special and memorable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingthasroDined on 9/27/2014It was our first time dining at Estancia. From the moment we walked in the door to be seated, to the moment we walked out, we were greeted by everyone that worked there in one way or another. The service is excellent. We have only had outstanding service like this one other time and that was on our cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines. The food is excellent and delicious. For the expensive price tag, it was well worth the experience but it is because of the price tag, that we probably will not be back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Service was excellent. All the staff was very caring and friendly. Some of the meats were tough and hard to chew with a lot of gristle streaked throughout. The salad bar was very good and the staff kept it looking fresh and appetizing. We enjoyed all the sides and we particularly liked the chimmichurra sauce. We were impressed that all the staff were told of our special celebration and congratulated us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We decided to spend our 20th anniversary there and we were not disappointed. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation we had scheduled and were told we could be seated immediately. The food was delicious and the salad bar selection was incredible. We eat paleo and were able to stay within our dietary guidelines with the food offered. Perfect restaurant for paleo people! :) We were also given a dessert on the house which had Happy Anniversary written in white chocolate. We appreciate everything that was done to make our night memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Lunch Party!CaraDined on 9/20/2014We had a group of six here for my husband's birthday, and we had an excellent time. Service was impeccable--polite, attentive, and gracious. Food was simply amazing, from the meat parade to the salad bar. Highly recommended, whether for groups, special events, reward luncheons, or romantic nights out.Special Features:
- I don't like chickenRoundRockFoodieDined on 9/19/2014I don't generally like chicken, but seriously, the chicken and the lamb were the two best things they offered from the churrascaria. The beef was all over cooked and not rested, therefore it was dry and tasteless. One piece I had actually had a "wang" to it. I used to live in Deep South Texas and it tasted like the beef they served across the border in Mexico (not a good thing)! The salad bar was wonderful and I would go back for that, but, save your money and go to a real fine dining steakhouse if you want good meat! If you want LOADS of meat, this is the place to go! Would be a perfect place for a football team banquet!Special Features: