460 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.estancia460.com/
- Phone: 2124315093
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Italian, Spanish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Estancia 460 can be reserved for private parties or reservations can be made for large dinner groups up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Stacey Sosa 2124315093
- Entertainment: Tribeca locals provide an interesting, colorful and lively scene.
- Cross Street: Watts and Desbrosses
- Public Transit: Take the 1 train to Canal Take the A-C-E train to Canal
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: After 6pm parking is available on the street. There is also a Parking Garage on the corner of Greenwich and Desbrosses for day and night time parking.
A word from Estancia 460
Estancia 460 reflects the Italian and Spanish culinary influences in Argentina. From the extra thin crusted pizzas, pastas, sizzling shrimp and grilled fish, paella and grass-fed beef to the wine list that is diverse with offerings from South America, Spain, Portugal and Italy. Estancia translates as a ranch house and the restaurant emulates that with its white washed brick walls, high ceilings, wooden tables and chairs. The crowd feels like an extended family which many come to dine with large groups to enjoy the Parillada, a mixed grill of meats, or for romantic dinners. Estancia has been feeding the locals and Tribeca celebs since 1995 and has developed an extended family outside the neighborhood that choose us as their "go to" place for hearty unpretentious fare in a low key and intimate setting. Come and enjoy our sultry Latin sound track and start off with a Latin Manhattan and end your night with crepes and dulce de leche!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Estancia 460 reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Casual spotChefdomDined on 7/11/2014A good drop in locale. Food could kick not up a notch. While My entree was good, I guess I was expecting much more. The bar was lively but my Arnold Palmer was a fail. Overall it was an ok experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What We ExpectedMagEd16Dined on 7/9/2014The paella was the worst we've ever had--it was like white rice with over cooked shellfish and dry meat. It took forever to place our order and the place wasn't crowded, and it seemed like the AC was broken on a warm July night. The only high point was the burrata appetizer, but I give all the credit to the cheese and not to this restaurant.
- Decent food but underwhelmingmanofmeansDined on 6/24/20147pm reservation on a weeknight, had to wait for an outdoor table, but caught the last few minutes of happy hour. While pleasant overall, the clientele included several families that seemed to have come straight from soccer practice and a few groups of happy hour-goers. Not exactly a romantic environment. Not to mention there was a delivery man propping his bike up against the railing next to our table between shuttling large orders of plastic bags full of Estancia food. I thought this place would be a bit nicer. The food was very good for the price, and the waitress was professional albeit overwhelmed. All in all, I probably will not be back.Special Features:
- Great argentine foodBlockheadDined on 6/21/2014This was a highly inviting restaurant where they couldn't have been nicer! Great food just like I remember from a long ago trip to Argentina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014Very good food, interesting Italian/Spanish influences. Very noisy, difficult to hear conversations at our table. Will definitely return to try some other dishesSpecial Features:
- KMF58VIPDined on 6/20/2014Great low key neighborhood spot but noisy the day I was there due to the World CupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest Place in a Pretentious AreaJTepDiningDined on 6/14/2014Estancia, despite being in TriBeCar, is incredibly honest, authentic, and (gasp) affordable. We went for dinner on a Saturday night at 8pm with a group of 7. There was an energetic crowd for the World Cup match that was airing, which was nice to walk into. Then we settled into the rear of the restaurant which is open, white-walled, and displays a great number of wine bottles. The service is attentive, but not smothering. The food is authentic Italian/Argentine, with a great collection of pizzas, but also steak, chicken, and seafood. We shared pizzas as appetizers and I chose the grilled short rib, which was exceptional and well-portioned. This is a true gem downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchdanbDined on 6/8/2014We were 10 people, service was awesome, food was great, they let us stay for 2 hours without rushing us at all.Special Features:
- Delicious, fun and authenticlovegreatfoodVIPDined on 6/7/2014The location and inside has the feel of a tucked away Parisian restaurant -- quiet neighborhood on a weekend night but feels like your own secret. Versatile Argentine-centric menu with the authentic and delectable grilled short ribs my favorite. Burrata outstanding and never miss the empenadas. Reasonably priced but excellent wine list. Very accommodating of my wife's food allergies. Meander down there - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014appealing setting and decor, great unfussy service, very good food and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Estancia's LunchBabs726Dined on 5/8/2014I've only ever been here for lunch because I work a block away, but every time it is great. The owner is always present and super nice and friendly. The food is great and so is the service. I've tried multiple things and I've liked them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Estancia 460 reviews archive.
- Ok? Not worth it if not close bySephardicDined on 4/19/2014Staff great very professional and courteous. Food so so not real Argentine quality food so if you look for a real Argentine experience do not come here. Food was a ok a little overpriced being all the way the over on the West side.Special Features:
- The venue was suggested bySBSouthsDined on 3/22/2014The venue was suggested by a work colleague and it far exceeded his previous review. The entire staff was very warm and welcoming providing helpful information while at no time being bothersome. Very good experience for visitors who wanted a great meal to cap off the day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cozy dinner spotHarlowVIPDined on 3/20/2014So glad my husband and I stumbled upon this place. We could not have felt more welcome or better taken care of by the hosts and servers. We enjoyed the paradilla (a mixed grill) for two and a couple of great glasses of wine. The food was good, especially considering the price point compared to other places in the area. Nothing spectacular, but just good, well-cooked dinner in a very comfortable setting with friendly, welcoming hosts!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitality AboundsRobertVIPDined on 2/26/2014I felt like we were welcomed into the owner's home. Warm, inviting, pleasant. We felt very welcomed. Oh yeah, the food was great too. We will be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/24/2014great drinks, steaks and ambiance. surprised i've never found this place before, but i will be back!Special Features:
- The food was great I had thetinaDined on 2/22/2014The food was great I had the Salmon and my husband had the short ribs. Everything was lovely. The staff was really nice and knew my name before I even said it. It's a very laid back atmosphere and I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findgreenmachine80VIPDined on 1/10/2014I am so glad that we tried this place. It is quite cozy inside. The service is great, super friendly. We had the shrimp appetizer and parillada. Both were very good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- TranquilityeatingisfunDined on 12/26/2013I went to this place on a Thursday night, and I fell in love. It was a very quiet restaurant. There is nothing more important than not having to scream over background noise as you speak with friends. My date and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and we didn't feel pressured or rush by the staff. I will be going back to this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/3/2013I had been craving good Argentine food since one of my local favorites closed. Estancia was very pleasant and with friendly and professional service. The food was very good, but not excellent. I'm more accustomed to a parillada served on a grill with a greater variety of meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood placeThegoodlifeDined on 10/29/2013Nice, small restaurant with good service, simple ambience and a relatively quiet place to eat. Mix of Italian and Spanish food with a nice wine list. However, if you are looking for the Artenian steakhouse, this is not the place I would go. Limited menu, two steak choices. a couple of fish dishes and pasta/pizza., not what I expected from an Argentine restaurant. I had the sizzling shrimp and the grilled short ribs. The shrimp was good, but very lightly seasoned and the short ribs were a unique cross cut and while tasty, were a little tough and had quite a bit of gristle. The service was very good, friendly and attentive, so I will go again, but will try the steak instead. Check the menu and see if they have what you are looking for.
- Sosa Borella ReinterpretedctltribecaVIPDined on 9/29/2013Same site, same decor, different name. Well priced good food. Not a happening place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurantJoshVIPDined on 9/27/2013As soon as we got to the restaurant, the hostess informed us that another table would be leaving momentarily and that we were welcome to take their table along the wall (as opposed to in the center of the room) as soon as they left, which is an incredibly kind and considerate gesture. We promptly moved as soon as they left and were treated to a delicious, pleasant, and romantic dinner; I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection, and the parmesan-crusted chicken was phenomenal as well. Wine selection was great, several choices were available by the glass and by the bottle, and the cocktails were also quite appealing. Will definitely return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Estancia460SeafoodguyVIPDined on 8/16/2013Estancia was an apparent neighborhood favorite with outdoor dining regulars. We enjoyed the empanadas, shrimp appetizer, salmon entree and a fabulous flan for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemjbgerstVIPDined on 8/7/2013We lived in Argentina for 2 years, so we were excited to try this restaurant on our visit to NYC. We enjoyed the food and service very much. My son and I shared the parillada which is a mixed grill dish with chicken, beef ribs, and steak. The meats were delicious but the chicken was dry--our only complaint of the night! The wine selection was great and the server was very accommodating about finding just the right one for us, even though we were only purchasing by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013I come here all the time for lunch and decided to try it for dinner. I was not disappointed. My husband and I really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor serviceTribecadwellerDined on 6/21/2013We were a large group, so definitely a challenge. However, it took 15 minutes of being turned around in my seat to try and get our server for a second round of drinks. Really a shame since we ordered a lot of food. All of our food was excellent as always though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlacemjeeDined on 5/25/2013The food was pretty good,The fact that we were one of the few people there may have helped make the service attentive and friendly, but also we were able to sit and talk to our friends for quite a while and enjoyed the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotGourmande44VIPDined on 5/21/2013Excellent cocktails with unexceptional but tasty sandwiches. Sitting outside watching the world go by is a luxury in Manhattan so this place is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurant.MarkVIPDined on 4/27/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant. Excellent French fries, steak flavorful and cooked perfectly. Good variety of salads, sandwiches, pizzas, small plates, entrees -- something for everyone. Appropriate level of service -- there when you need them.Special Features:
- A group of 5 of us sharedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2013A group of 5 of us shared a variety of appetizers (shrimp, calamari, emapanadas), all of which were tasty. Main dishes of paella and parillada were shared and both were delicious; a special mahi-mahi dinner also was very good. Service was excellent and, although we are not often in the Tribeca area, I will look to return when it is convenient.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013My wife and I have been going to this restaurant for 6 or 7 years. Food is always delicious. French fries done perfectly. Gauchita burger done very well.. Never had a bad meal here. The waitstaff is a pleasure.Special Features:
- service was terrific! foodgreatspaceVIPDined on 3/16/2013service was terrific! food was outstanding! fresh and delicious!!! we've been to some of the best restaurants in nyc. this meal will rival any top competition and come out ahead. great experience!!! can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Just a terrific neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/15/2013Just a terrific neighborhood restaurant. Excellent food, nice people. Sorry I didn't discover it sooner.Special Features:
- Was a little loud becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2013Was a little loud because of lunch crowd and size. Food was pretty good.Special Features:
- It was a nice place, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/15/2013It was a nice place, but not so great that I would say you need to go out of your way to go there. It is one of those places where you go to once, say you are glad you did, but never go again. Service is slow.Special Features:
- loved it! Something for everyone!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013loved it! Something for everyone! Great steak sandwich. Great Salmon with olive tempanade.Special Features:
- Loved everything about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/2/2013Loved everything about this place except the food, which was ok, not great. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, the drinks and the desserts were amazing, but the dinner itself was nothing special. A place this cute and cozy needs to have great food to seal the deal.Special Features:
- This restaurant basicallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2013This restaurant basically services airplane food. It's uninspired and all over the map. Calling it Argentinian is a total misnomer.
- I chose this restaurant 100%OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2013I chose this restaurant 100% based on it's proximity to 92Y. As it turns out, couldn't have been happier and the food/service exceeded all expectations. They had a delicious squash soup as a special and it should be on their menu fulltime - YUMMY. The salmon was perfectly cooked and my friend loved her meal too. Highly highly recommend and will definitely return.Special Features: