1520 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.estadio-dc.com/
- Phone: 2023191404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
A word from Estadio
From the talents behind Proof, Estadio recently debuted on trendy 14th St NW, above Logan Circle. According to blog.zagat.com 'offering contemporary takes on regional classics in pintxos, tapas and entree-sized portions, along with sandwiches on housemade bread, all washed down by Iberian wines (many under $10 a glass) and frozen alcoholic slushies; the über-stylish setting incorporates decorative wrought iron, reclaimed timber, colorful tiles and themed murals, with seating at a large concrete bar, a marble counter facing the open kitchen and window-side tables perfect for scoping the vibrant street scene.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
Estadio - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
Estadio reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (42)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (35)good for groups (33)notable wine list (28)romantic (25)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great foodYummyDined on 9/26/2014Love the portions - it lends to sharing and trying more dishes. Been there a number of times and excellent every time. Great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014A great night...food was lovely and, having holiday'd in Portugal for the last six years, the wine and beers was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Noisy but very nice small plates with enough variety to suit everyone in the group. Great white sangria. Service was adequate--very busy and a bit rushed.Special Features:
- A restaurant for all seasonsLMCPDined on 9/14/2014Its heavy wooden decoration could make one think that this is a winter type of restaurants; however, Estadio was a nice surprise in this early fall. Nice and innovating drinks, tasty tapas, and friendly service, The latter was something I was a bit hesitant when I made the reservation, since Proof's service, its partner restaurant, lacked friendliness I'm glad the 14th St corridor is getting busy and competition has increased. Thus, we were finally able to get a reservation when we wanted.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Loved everything we had for brunch. Delicious, delicious food. Service was a tad slow, and the coffee cups are tiny, but I'd still go back.Special Features:
- interesting menuMorrVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good kale dish...good crispy duck...good scallops...cheese cake and chocolate cake were good. White sangria...just OK.Special Features:
- lvtoeatlvtoeatDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and nice location service could be a bit more attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great food. Great servicePete101Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great lunch here with excellent service. Went back for a light dinner. Same great service . The food is very good. The atmosphere is great. Was lucky to come across this restaurant and would confidently recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Every dish was fabulous. We ate non stop for four hours.Special Features:
- delicious tapasbehappy26VIPDined on 9/2/2014loved this place, get a slushie. very small portion for $9 but strong and delicious, got the rum and watermelon, perfect amount of spice. best dish was the halibut, cooked perfectly with a delicious romesco sauce. the roasted mushrooms were also a standout. good portion sizes, bring a lot of people to try more dishes. will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceotberburVIPDined on 9/1/2014For the third consecutive Labor Day, we had dinner at Estadio. And for the third consecutive Labor Day, we had an excellent meal. Our party of four must have ordered 12-15 small plates. Every single one -- meat, vegetable, sandwich, omelet, cured meats, and dessert -- hit the mark. Not only is the range of tapas impressive, so is the consistency of preparation -- something I have not experienced in several recent meals at other highly regarded DC Latin small plates establishments. The cocktails are always a highlight here. And while the restaurant is not really quiet, it is one of the few on 14th St. where one can easily hear conversation at a table of four even when the establishment is full.Special Features:
- BrunchKellyDined on 8/30/2014Came to Estadio for the first time and had brunch. It was pretty empty most of the time we were there, likely because people were away for Labor Day weekend. Good service, tasty food. We got some small plates to share, and then some brunch entrees. Everything was really delicious and carefully prepared. Biscuits with bacon gravy YUM, jamon croquetas delicious, pork sliders with pickled something were really really good. I got the sausage polenta and fried eggs for my meal, and it was amazing, perfectly flavored. My eggs were cooked perfectly (nice and runny) but someone else at the table with the exact same meal had eggs that were overcooked (totally hard yolk). A little pricey, especially for brunch, but the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EstadiobbblllDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic food! Love their pintxos, grilled foie gras, seafood, etc. Great selection of authentic Basque txacoli wine (rare thing in the area). Cannot think of anything to complain about. Perhaps, having a valet parking could be a good suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealFrankDined on 8/23/2014My third time going to Estadio. It just keeps getting better I swear. Had the desserts for the first time this time. Wow. We ordered 4 and shared and they all blew my mind. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Lived up to the hypeTrayCeilingsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came very early on a Sat night. There were no restaurant week specials. Also rather disappointed we were initially seated in probably the worst table in the restaurant, a two-seater squished into a strange corner and chair against the wall could barely even be pulled out. Asked to be re-seated. Personally don't think I should've had to ask. Didn't matter, everything was delicious, and we ordered a fair amount. Best plate we ate: roasted corn. I wanted a whole dish to myself. Also recommend the scallops (really tender, not overcooked); deviled stuffed egg; mushroom croquettes; the pintxos. Be careful about portion sizes and ask server about whether it's just literally one bite or is a whole shareable dish. Wished there was outdoor space.Special Features:
- Felt like I was back in Barcelona!RobinDined on 8/15/2014Loved the food. Good service. Bright, well-conceived dishes with all the flavors of Spain. Really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014nice atmosphere and great food! The plates sizes made it fund to share dishes and try a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!FantasticDined on 8/9/2014The food was phenomenal! The atmosphere was great! All in all it was a great dinner!Special Features:
- Awesome!skp2014Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful! Great for dinner, and also would be great if you wanted a light snack (since it's tapas)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!ColeDined on 8/6/2014A friend and I met for an early dinner at Estadio...it was nothing short of amazing! We started with an assortment of cheese and meats...followed by the hanger steak, shrimp and the duck. All three were served promptly, hot and delicious...but, the marinated shrimp was to die for. Wine by the glass for me...beer for my friend...we were both completely satisfied with our choices. Wonderful ambiance...couples, families and friends gathering for a wonderful tapas meal in a cool, welcoming environment. Try it!
- Just WonderfulJoochillVIPDined on 8/3/2014Perfectly balanced food and drinks, very flavorful - and in a vibrant setting!Special Features:
- Amazing foodcp80Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for our 1 year anniversary based on recommendations from others. The food was amazing and service was outstanding. The restaurant isn't as quiet or fancy as some might expect, but the ambiance was great, it's definitely a place you go for special occasions or for casual dining. All the food was fresh and flavorful. They recommend 2-3 tapas per person and my wife and I ordered 6 total plus dessert and this seemed to be the perfect amount for us.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Estadio has one of my favourite brunches in DC and so when my sister came to visit we took her there. We all enjoyed it and certainly over ate!Special Features:
- TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014I particularly enjoyed the mussels with chorizo which pairs wonderfully with the bread!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Great food and servicechicDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I are foodies and this restaurant didn't disappoint. Excellent service, the server was very knowledgeable about the food and was helpful in making recommendations. You won't be disappointed and the pricing is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Not your average tapas placeMargaretVIPDined on 7/29/2014This is my second time at Estadio. I've really enjoyed both meals. Fresh, interesting take on traditional Spanish dishes. Great sangria; also with a fresh twist on the traditional version. Lots and lots of gluten free options, too!Special Features:
- BullseyeDined on 7/28/2014Food was excellent. Only previous tapas experience in DC was at Jose Andres' Jaleo. Estadio equals and often exceeds Jaleo in menu variety, freshness of ingredients, creative pairing of ingredients, and its wine list. Service was attentive, but not overbearing, and there was a relatively short waiting time between ordering and the delivery of the food to the table. Our table looked out on 14th Street, providing great people-watching. Noise level was a bit too high, but that's not a deal-breaker. I would most certainly go back and recommend Estadio to others.Special Features:
- Great find!EndwDined on 7/27/2014The tapas style of the food made food that was already delicious even more exciting and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmosphereAlexisVIPDined on 7/26/2014Food was wonderful as always! Service was a little slow, but we weren't in a hurry and didn't mind a long, leisurely brunch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Love Tapas! This place has some great choices for foodies and some comfort choices for the less adventurous. Great service. We had the only kids in there-they enjoyed the meal, but might be better for families with older children or couples.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014Everything we ate was wonderful. Flavors were complex, but with simple ingredients. The service was amazing - our waitress was wonderful. Loved the cocktails - nice variations on the gin & tonic with herbs. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance!KristenDined on 7/18/2014I absolutely lived dining at Estadio, not only was the decor great but the food held up to my expectations after I had read so many great reviews. Our server was great and super friendly! I will definitely be recommending this place to anyone who goes to DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceasdfasdfasdfDined on 7/17/2014Wonderful food, great cocktails, and impressive wine list. This was my second visit and the food and drinks were as wonderful as I remember. That said, our waiter was terrible. He couldn't explain the menu, left for inordinate time periods, and was generally rude and unhelpful. I'm guessing it was a fluke. The waiter we had on our first visit was fine, but it was a disappointment. I'm not someone who usually complains about service but the menu includes a lot of Spanish, you'd think they would teach their waiters to explain things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielleDined on 7/17/2014The food was excellent. It is a restaurant that I would go back to and certainly will recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- YummyWOODYWOODDined on 7/12/2014Must go! Outstanding service and the best scents as you wait for your food. Love garlic and all the flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Just as good as the reviews said. Will be back to enjoy the food and the great bar and wines. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 14th Street TapasDaveCalvinDined on 7/8/2014Drink menu was notable, with some great sangria, and an awesome array of gin and tonic drinks. Many of the items on the menu were new to us, but the waiter was helpful in making some suggestions. Our favorites were the mushroom croquetas and the open faced blue crab sandwich. Would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THINK NO LESS OF TAPASCRITIXDined on 7/4/2014Order yourselves a ton of plates. You really cannot go wrong with a touch of experimental-ism. There is food for every palate and dietary restriction here. Everything we ordered was rewarding and tasted great. If you are familiar with Spanish Tapas, upon first glance, the menu lets you know you are in for a treat.Special Features:
- Excellent tapas, Excellent serviceyumyumyumDined on 7/3/2014The menu was so full of amazing items, we had trouble choosing, and our wonderful server made some excellent recommendations. We tried grilled octopus, garlic shrimp, scallops, and a selection of cured meats and cheeses. Great stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...stingy cocktailsKatherineDined on 6/30/2014Loved the food and will go back for that but the cocktails look great until u realize that there is a large block of ice taking up most of the room in the glass...maybe someone thinks the ice block is cute, I say, eliminate it and give us a decent pour for our money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.