1520 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.estadio-dc.com/
- Phone: (202) 319-1404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
A word from Estadio
From the talents behind Proof, Estadio recently debuted on trendy 14th St NW, above Logan Circle. According to blog.zagat.com 'offering contemporary takes on regional classics in pintxos, tapas and entree-sized portions, along with sandwiches on housemade bread, all washed down by Iberian wines (many under $10 a glass) and frozen alcoholic slushies; the über-stylish setting incorporates decorative wrought iron, reclaimed timber, colorful tiles and themed murals, with seating at a large concrete bar, a marble counter facing the open kitchen and window-side tables perfect for scoping the vibrant street scene.'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
Estadio - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
Estadio reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (37)special occasion (35)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (33)notable wine list (26)romantic (21)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- best tapas in DcJimleemoVIPDined on 11/22/2014The title says it all. Also loved the vibrancy and our wonderful server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding Food & Service But OverpricedKfWillDined on 11/21/2014Estadio remains my favorite restaurant in the city. The quality of the food and service is always outstanding. However, I've noticed that their portion sizes have gotten even smaller and their prices have gone up! Of course tapas aren't meant to be huge portions, however, after two small bites, we had finished the bocadillo! It was barely large enough to share.The scallops are definitely much smaller than they were in prior years and $9 for a child-sized slushee is insane. If Estadio had more reasonable prices or larger portion sizes, we'd definitely frequent the restaurant more often. Until then, it will remain our "once a year" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingjbc42Dined on 11/19/2014Always a treat to dine here...each small plate had something worthy...great for vegetarians as well as fish and meat eaters. You cannot go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful tapas experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The food was absolutely spectacular. We especially enjoyed the delicious octopus. The wine list was compressive with a wide range of prices. Our enthusiasm for the restaurant was finished by the service. Our server was abrupt and the food came out too quickly. It would have been nicer if there was more time in between the different dishes coming out. Overall, this is a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always happy at EstadiobreakingbadVIPDined on 11/8/2014Saturday's dinner was another outstanding meal at Estadio. the food was delicious and the variety on the menu is amazing. have been there numerous times and it has never disappointed. one of my absolute favorite restaurants in DC even after several years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCasey1977Dined on 11/7/2014Estadio offers small dishes which is great for trying and sharing with friends, but everything was so good we just wanted to keep ordering more. Service was great, atmosphere was fun, and the desserts were outrageous. Estadio is a must, when visiting DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best tapas bar in DCAndrewVIPDined on 11/7/2014Eastadio has become the best and most authentic tapas bar in Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2014Tapas style Great chees and wine listing Entree was good however small portionSpecial Features:
- Good pre-theater stopSatisfiedDinerDined on 10/26/2014Stopped before Studio Theater and worked out very well. Not as noisy as it would be later, food and service very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing tapasadam71Dined on 10/25/2014Definitely the best Spanish cuisine I've ever had...everything was outstanding, including the sangria. And though the restaurant was very busy, our server was helpful, attentive, detail-oriented, and quick.Special Features:
- HUGE ice cubesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Food was delicious and the waitress was very knowledgable but the expensive drinks had such big ice cubes, they were down in two sips. Sort of annoying when you leave spending $150 for a couple and you're still hungry and not buzzed. Food is great but pricing is a bit high for food and especially mixed drinks. They were delicious but super super small.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceIlikedeliciousDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and loved everything about the restaurant. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Really goodCmiller7786Dined on 10/20/2014Very good all around. The food was wonderful, I highly recommend the scallops. Drinks were great as well, sangria was amazing. A bit cramped in there, but when we went it was not to busy so it was ok. Can imagine it being annoying if it was busy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a real gemSFFPVIPDined on 10/18/2014Delicious food Enjoyed everything we ordered. Best and most unique Brussels Sprouts we have ever had. The chicken dish was flavored well. Hanger steak was a little tough but a minor flaw. Topped the meal off with the chocolate cake and could not wait to tell the waitress the service was great and we'd be back.Special Features:
- Kind of - Sort ofJayMcDined on 10/18/2014Not exactly what we expected based on the reviews. More pubby and casual on a busy side street. Tapas were good with a big variety, but not great. The Spanish themed drinks were okay, but again not inspiring. If we were to go back, we definitely would sit at the bar and nosh. It's more that kind of place.Special Features:
- Great Tapas Bar...very 'NW D.C.'!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Third time here, and it's been consistent. Tasty Tapas, many cocktails, and packed to capacity with the typical NW crowd. Although better for groups than as a romantic date night spot, I would recommend this place for those who don't mind being up close and personal with fellow diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovefoodDined on 10/15/2014Our dinner was amazing! I went with my son and we both loved it. Great variety, lots of options. We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gathering for pre theaterBearVIPDined on 10/12/2014Pleasant service and good food. We lingered at the table and weren't rushed.Special Features:
- Great foodYummyDined on 9/26/2014Love the portions - it lends to sharing and trying more dishes. Been there a number of times and excellent every time. Great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014A great night...food was lovely and, having holiday'd in Portugal for the last six years, the wine and beers was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Noisy but very nice small plates with enough variety to suit everyone in the group. Great white sangria. Service was adequate--very busy and a bit rushed.Special Features:
- A restaurant for all seasonsLMCPDined on 9/14/2014Its heavy wooden decoration could make one think that this is a winter type of restaurants; however, Estadio was a nice surprise in this early fall. Nice and innovating drinks, tasty tapas, and friendly service, The latter was something I was a bit hesitant when I made the reservation, since Proof's service, its partner restaurant, lacked friendliness I'm glad the 14th St corridor is getting busy and competition has increased. Thus, we were finally able to get a reservation when we wanted.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/14/2014Loved everything we had for brunch. Delicious, delicious food. Service was a tad slow, and the coffee cups are tiny, but I'd still go back.Special Features:
- interesting menuMorrVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good kale dish...good crispy duck...good scallops...cheese cake and chocolate cake were good. White sangria...just OK.Special Features:
- lvtoeatlvtoeatDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food and nice location service could be a bit more attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great food. Great servicePete101Dined on 9/6/2014Had a great lunch here with excellent service. Went back for a light dinner. Same great service . The food is very good. The atmosphere is great. Was lucky to come across this restaurant and would confidently recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly DeliciousmegutsanDined on 9/4/2014Every dish was fabulous. We ate non stop for four hours.Special Features:
- delicious tapasbehappy26VIPDined on 9/2/2014loved this place, get a slushie. very small portion for $9 but strong and delicious, got the rum and watermelon, perfect amount of spice. best dish was the halibut, cooked perfectly with a delicious romesco sauce. the roasted mushrooms were also a standout. good portion sizes, bring a lot of people to try more dishes. will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Consistent excellenceotberburVIPDined on 9/1/2014For the third consecutive Labor Day, we had dinner at Estadio. And for the third consecutive Labor Day, we had an excellent meal. Our party of four must have ordered 12-15 small plates. Every single one -- meat, vegetable, sandwich, omelet, cured meats, and dessert -- hit the mark. Not only is the range of tapas impressive, so is the consistency of preparation -- something I have not experienced in several recent meals at other highly regarded DC Latin small plates establishments. The cocktails are always a highlight here. And while the restaurant is not really quiet, it is one of the few on 14th St. where one can easily hear conversation at a table of four even when the establishment is full.Special Features:
- BrunchKellyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Came to Estadio for the first time and had brunch. It was pretty empty most of the time we were there, likely because people were away for Labor Day weekend. Good service, tasty food. We got some small plates to share, and then some brunch entrees. Everything was really delicious and carefully prepared. Biscuits with bacon gravy YUM, jamon croquetas delicious, pork sliders with pickled something were really really good. I got the sausage polenta and fried eggs for my meal, and it was amazing, perfectly flavored. My eggs were cooked perfectly (nice and runny) but someone else at the table with the exact same meal had eggs that were overcooked (totally hard yolk). A little pricey, especially for brunch, but the food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EstadiobbblllDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic food! Love their pintxos, grilled foie gras, seafood, etc. Great selection of authentic Basque txacoli wine (rare thing in the area). Cannot think of anything to complain about. Perhaps, having a valet parking could be a good suggestion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealFrankDined on 8/23/2014My third time going to Estadio. It just keeps getting better I swear. Had the desserts for the first time this time. Wow. We ordered 4 and shared and they all blew my mind. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Lived up to the hypeTrayCeilingsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Came very early on a Sat night. There were no restaurant week specials. Also rather disappointed we were initially seated in probably the worst table in the restaurant, a two-seater squished into a strange corner and chair against the wall could barely even be pulled out. Asked to be re-seated. Personally don't think I should've had to ask. Didn't matter, everything was delicious, and we ordered a fair amount. Best plate we ate: roasted corn. I wanted a whole dish to myself. Also recommend the scallops (really tender, not overcooked); deviled stuffed egg; mushroom croquettes; the pintxos. Be careful about portion sizes and ask server about whether it's just literally one bite or is a whole shareable dish. Wished there was outdoor space.Special Features:
- Felt like I was back in Barcelona!RobinVIPDined on 8/15/2014Loved the food. Good service. Bright, well-conceived dishes with all the flavors of Spain. Really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014nice atmosphere and great food! The plates sizes made it fund to share dishes and try a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!FantasticDined on 8/9/2014The food was phenomenal! The atmosphere was great! All in all it was a great dinner!Special Features:
- Awesome!skp2014Dined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful! Great for dinner, and also would be great if you wanted a light snack (since it's tapas)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!ColeDined on 8/6/2014A friend and I met for an early dinner at Estadio...it was nothing short of amazing! We started with an assortment of cheese and meats...followed by the hanger steak, shrimp and the duck. All three were served promptly, hot and delicious...but, the marinated shrimp was to die for. Wine by the glass for me...beer for my friend...we were both completely satisfied with our choices. Wonderful ambiance...couples, families and friends gathering for a wonderful tapas meal in a cool, welcoming environment. Try it!
- Just WonderfulJoochillVIPDined on 8/3/2014Perfectly balanced food and drinks, very flavorful - and in a vibrant setting!Special Features:
- Amazing foodcp80Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here for our 1 year anniversary based on recommendations from others. The food was amazing and service was outstanding. The restaurant isn't as quiet or fancy as some might expect, but the ambiance was great, it's definitely a place you go for special occasions or for casual dining. All the food was fresh and flavorful. They recommend 2-3 tapas per person and my wife and I ordered 6 total plus dessert and this seemed to be the perfect amount for us.Special Features: