130 Statler Drive
Ithaca, NY 14853Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://establishmentstatler.com/
- Phone: 6072882895x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 5:45 - 8 pm for dinner during the school semester.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from establishment
Our restaurant is the culmination of a multi-year process by the students in HADM 3350 (Restaurant Management). This capstone course allows our upperclassmen to incorporate every aspect of their Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration curriculum to develop a restaurant concept and manage its execution. We invite you to join us in this truly unique experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
establishment reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)good for groups (27)hot spot (14)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (12)kid-friendly (6)romantic (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Mac n CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Establishment night was great! Nice ambiance, fun for my friends and me. We were disappointed that the mac n cheese ran out so quickly, but were pretty happy with our other meal selections off the establishment menu (with the exception of the steak frites that werent very good - great fries tho!) and the featured desert was AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My meal was not only delicious but the atmosphere was perfect for a pleasant but engaging dining experience. The service was impeccable, honestly the best I've had in a long time. Also I had the student manager of the night come over to my table and ask me how my meal was doing, talk about service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014This restaurant run by the students at the Cornell Hotel and Hospitality School is definitely worth a trip. The food was very good and served quickly. The students run everything without a hitch. Very pleasant and professional service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Student Run Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food (we chose the student selections and pairings) was outstanding, as was the service. We felt well looked after, got great advice from our friendly and knowledgable waitress and were given a great meal! The only thing would be that as the restaurant filled up it got a little too loud for comfortable conversation without leaning in. The hummus (student menu) was amazing, and the front of house service was great - we received a full background on the theme from a very personable and helpful young manager! Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!momoDined on 10/15/2014This restaurant at Cornell's hotel school was impressive . From the service to menu to outstanding food I was very impressed . I would love to go back when I'm in town again . They are the future managers of the industry !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion SizeneedfoodnowDined on 10/15/2014The food was amazing, but I left a bit hungry. The burger was juicy and cooked perfectly. The Cornell chicken was fantastic. I tried various attempts of Cornell Chicken in dining halls over the years, and now I know what it is supposed to taste like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 10/15/2014Good food, onion soup was excellent! But...had ran out of specials by the time we arrived. (reservation for 7:00pm), service was slower than anticipated.Special Features:
- Delicious!kkguitar25Dined on 10/2/2014Service was excellent, and food was absolutely amazing! Makes me realize how great Cornell trains its future restauranteurs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The catfish was to die for!! Steven our waiter made the experience even more pleasurable. I can't wait to attend his night on November 18th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YayfoodDined on 9/30/2014Food ran out so maybe make more of the special dish for that day. Maybe also have a menu with pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tobi's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014A place I would take a significant other. The food was just too good!Special Features:
- Great JobhadAblastDined on 9/29/2014Very happy with the all around experience providedSpecial Features:
- DisapointedCU2924Dined on 9/29/2014Typically I enjoy my experiences at Establishment. Monday night was the exception. I ordered the BLT salad which I have had many times before. It came out with only egg, arugula, and bacon. No dressing, no tomatoes. The egg was also overcooked. When I sent it back it took over 15 minutes to get it corrected. It was still missing the sliced baby tomatoes. However, it had a weird, thick tomato dressing on the side. The bacon was also incredibly fatty and undercooked. Aside from the food, the experience was also subpar. We were the second group in the restaurant and did not leave until 7:20..We only had truffle fries as an appetizer. There were groups receiving their checks before we received our entrée.Special Features:
- Excellent time at the EstablishmentSURendipityDined on 9/25/2014As per usual, my experience at the Establishment was fantastic!! I loved eating there and enjoyed every aspect of the experience! :) Looking forward to going back several times in the future!Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretimpresseddinerDined on 9/25/2014We found the food and service to be outstanding and plan on going back often! I have already recommended it to my friends, family and co-workers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MHMMMMMestablishMEDined on 9/24/2014Great time as always at ESTB!!! Clarice killed it with her fall-inspired menu. Everyone was so attentive!Special Features:
- Not the smoothest dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Our waiter ignored us for half an hour after giving us water. Eventually had to get a new one. Also servers interrupted to us to refill water about every 5 minutes, and new waiter was very flustered with four tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSpiceisniceDined on 9/23/2014The food was great. I loved the montaditos! Especially the roasted pepper. The Service was wonderful. And the student staff was very poised, cheerful, and welcoming. I was very pleasantly surprised by this!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodowlovesfoodDined on 9/22/2014The food and service was incredible! I had a blast eating with my friends, getting served by my friends, and eating incredible food.Special Features:
- EstablishmentIthacaDined on 9/22/2014A great evening. Food was delicious. The chicken was very moist And the salad and dessert were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the establishment reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014main dish was very undercooked (the potatoes). some female servers weren't very professional (hugging friend guests and chatting with them for an extended time? i understand they're friends, but wasn't very professional at all). overall, though, i'm have pretty great experiences at establishment (it's just so cool that it's entirely run by students!), and thanks for the work you put in.Special Features:
- Seoul Food ReviewluvfoodDined on 5/1/2014The specials for the seoul food event at the establishment were not that great, but the regulars (dashi salmon and truffle fries) that we got were splendid. I think that you have to take the specials with a grain of salt.Special Features:
- Taste of Toscana was a hit!SURendipityDined on 4/30/2014Once again, I had a fantastic time at the Establishment, supporting my friends Ari and Francesca! The food was amazing and the service was stellar, as per usual! I enjoy the concept of the Establishment and will certainly be back next year to try out the different dinners! The service of the Hotel students is always on point and I am very impressed with the training they receive! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014They run out of specials 1.5 hrs before close, not cool. Especially because we went there for the specials! Service was OK, however stuff seemed to be inexperienced. People were too loud but overall it was a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant run by college students!FoodieDined on 4/28/2014Establishment is a restaurant on the campus of Cornell University, managed and fully staffed by students of Cornell's School of Hotel Management. Prices are reasonable; staff is enthusiastic; management is competent and the food is very good. It is a pleasant dining experience! Kudos to the college students!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food and EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I loved that the setting was very intimate and set the mood for a date night out, but the food reminded me of home, in terms of the slow-cooked, tender meat in a velvety broth. I had wine paired with my dish as well, so it complemented the pork nicely, and the dessert was a rich, creamy finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant, needs visibilitybrightwolfDined on 4/21/2014I enjoyed my dinner greatly. We had a wonderful table overlooking spring blooms in the garden outside. My recommendations: the Establishment is well known in the Hotel school, but other guests would find directions very useful. It is a little tucked away. A better entrance would help!Special Features:
- Good foodMarissaDined on 4/14/2014I ordered the hibachi chicken and rice special and it was delicious. I am so glad that I ordered the special and I was a fan of the establishment. I had never been there before and I am glad I decided to go. I plan on going to the establishment more on the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broaden MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Although things are available vegan, they remove the defining elements that make a dish tasty (such as the Parmesan on truffle fries) these elements should be replaced or substituted with something. In addition there should be more items (and desserts) that are meant to be vegan.Special Features:
- TerribleThomasDined on 3/27/2014I had to put ketchup on my room temperature, dry, $20 steak that took one hour to "cook".
- Student run,lots of funOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2014These Cornell Hotelies know how to run a restaurant. I had my wife and kids with me. My 4 year old ordered the Dashi Salmon and said "it is so good I can't stop eating it. " This is one of my favorite restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No regretsrac221bDined on 3/20/2014Only had a small snag with the wait, but they made sure we were happy and gave excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- March madnessHungrygirlVIPDined on 3/19/2014What a fun night ! Food was delicious... Game playing on large screen Just a win winSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!!gab16Dined on 3/19/2014I have been to Establishment tons of times, and never have I left disappointed. Students from the Hotel School at Cornell University run the restaraunt completely on their own and amaze me every time. The service is always great, wonderful food, and an enjoyable ambience! I would definitely recommend all to come check it out next time your in Ithaca or visiting Cornell's campus. P.s. Definitely try the Kale Caesar Salad!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSURendipityDined on 3/13/2014I once again enjoyed my time at the Establishment, this time coming out to support a friend who was managing that night! The theme was To Cornell, From Japan With Love and I had the special, which was the Umami burger! I really enjoyed the taste and the meal was very done very well! The service and ambience were superb as well! :) I highly recommend the Establishment to any Cornell students or anyone who happens to be in Ithaca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobmiamiSunshineDined on 3/5/2014I had a really greta time as usual. I go to Establishment a lot. Miami Spice and California Vice was one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014Amazing food and amazing service, good came quickly and well prepared. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 3/3/2014I came here because my friend was running it, but I was very underwhelmed by the service. It took us 3 hours to order, eat, settle our checks and leave. One of the people didn't get one of her dishes even, and she received the completely wrong check at the end as well. Our other group of friends just as big as us ate and left in 1 hour and 15 mins...waiters almost never came by. The waiters also spilled water on my friends place TWICE. Please make the service better, the servers almost never came by, I ordered a wine and got it only after a while. The food was great though, though a little overpriced for portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Students make it happenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014Having a meal in this student run restaurant us a joy. The vibe is so electric. It is busy, but they get the food and service right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Mine, Let's Dine!foooooooodDined on 2/13/2014Food was good but I thought the restaurant itself looked like it was just in a big room and it didn't have much of a restaurant feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.