130 Statler Drive
Ithaca, NY 14853Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://establishmentstatler.com/
- Phone: 6072555292x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday 5:45 - 8 pm for dinner during the school semester.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from establishment
Our restaurant is the culmination of a multi-year process by the students in HADM 3350 (Restaurant Management). This capstone course allows our upperclassmen to incorporate every aspect of their Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration curriculum to develop a restaurant concept and manage its execution. We invite you to join us in this truly unique experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
establishment reviews from OpenTable diners
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014main dish was very undercooked (the potatoes). some female servers weren't very professional (hugging friend guests and chatting with them for an extended time? i understand they're friends, but wasn't very professional at all). overall, though, i'm have pretty great experiences at establishment (it's just so cool that it's entirely run by students!), and thanks for the work you put in.Special Features:
- Seoul Food ReviewluvfoodDined on 5/1/2014The specials for the seoul food event at the establishment were not that great, but the regulars (dashi salmon and truffle fries) that we got were splendid. I think that you have to take the specials with a grain of salt.Special Features:
- Taste of Toscana was a hit!SURendipityDined on 4/30/2014Once again, I had a fantastic time at the Establishment, supporting my friends Ari and Francesca! The food was amazing and the service was stellar, as per usual! I enjoy the concept of the Establishment and will certainly be back next year to try out the different dinners! The service of the Hotel students is always on point and I am very impressed with the training they receive! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014They run out of specials 1.5 hrs before close, not cool. Especially because we went there for the specials! Service was OK, however stuff seemed to be inexperienced. People were too loud but overall it was a good experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant run by college students!FoodieDined on 4/28/2014Establishment is a restaurant on the campus of Cornell University, managed and fully staffed by students of Cornell's School of Hotel Management. Prices are reasonable; staff is enthusiastic; management is competent and the food is very good. It is a pleasant dining experience! Kudos to the college students!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food and EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I loved that the setting was very intimate and set the mood for a date night out, but the food reminded me of home, in terms of the slow-cooked, tender meat in a velvety broth. I had wine paired with my dish as well, so it complemented the pork nicely, and the dessert was a rich, creamy finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant, needs visibilitybrightwolfDined on 4/21/2014I enjoyed my dinner greatly. We had a wonderful table overlooking spring blooms in the garden outside. My recommendations: the Establishment is well known in the Hotel school, but other guests would find directions very useful. It is a little tucked away. A better entrance would help!Special Features:
- Good foodMarissaDined on 4/14/2014I ordered the hibachi chicken and rice special and it was delicious. I am so glad that I ordered the special and I was a fan of the establishment. I had never been there before and I am glad I decided to go. I plan on going to the establishment more on the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broaden MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Although things are available vegan, they remove the defining elements that make a dish tasty (such as the Parmesan on truffle fries) these elements should be replaced or substituted with something. In addition there should be more items (and desserts) that are meant to be vegan.Special Features:
- TerribleThomasDined on 3/27/2014I had to put ketchup on my room temperature, dry, $20 steak that took one hour to "cook".
- Student run,lots of funOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2014These Cornell Hotelies know how to run a restaurant. I had my wife and kids with me. My 4 year old ordered the Dashi Salmon and said "it is so good I can't stop eating it. " This is one of my favorite restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No regretsrac221bDined on 3/20/2014Only had a small snag with the wait, but they made sure we were happy and gave excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- March madnessHungrygirlVIPDined on 3/19/2014What a fun night ! Food was delicious... Game playing on large screen Just a win winSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!!gab16Dined on 3/19/2014I have been to Establishment tons of times, and never have I left disappointed. Students from the Hotel School at Cornell University run the restaraunt completely on their own and amaze me every time. The service is always great, wonderful food, and an enjoyable ambience! I would definitely recommend all to come check it out next time your in Ithaca or visiting Cornell's campus. P.s. Definitely try the Kale Caesar Salad!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceSURendipityDined on 3/13/2014I once again enjoyed my time at the Establishment, this time coming out to support a friend who was managing that night! The theme was To Cornell, From Japan With Love and I had the special, which was the Umami burger! I really enjoyed the taste and the meal was very done very well! The service and ambience were superb as well! :) I highly recommend the Establishment to any Cornell students or anyone who happens to be in Ithaca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobmiamiSunshineDined on 3/5/2014I had a really greta time as usual. I go to Establishment a lot. Miami Spice and California Vice was one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/3/2014Amazing food and amazing service, good came quickly and well prepared. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 3/3/2014I came here because my friend was running it, but I was very underwhelmed by the service. It took us 3 hours to order, eat, settle our checks and leave. One of the people didn't get one of her dishes even, and she received the completely wrong check at the end as well. Our other group of friends just as big as us ate and left in 1 hour and 15 mins...waiters almost never came by. The waiters also spilled water on my friends place TWICE. Please make the service better, the servers almost never came by, I ordered a wine and got it only after a while. The food was great though, though a little overpriced for portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Students make it happenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2014Having a meal in this student run restaurant us a joy. The vibe is so electric. It is busy, but they get the food and service right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Mine, Let's Dine!foooooooodDined on 2/13/2014Food was good but I thought the restaurant itself looked like it was just in a big room and it didn't have much of a restaurant feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professionalEvabDined on 2/12/2014Shows that the hotel school is producing good quality students with excellent service skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Students make it all happen.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2014This student-run restaurant really hits the mark. Great food, great service, and what a great vibe. Too bad they are only open for 2 hours a night during the semester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate factoryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/4/2013It was very interesting to hear about this Ida and I had to taste it, being a chocolate lover myself. I invited a couple f my friends who were as excited and we all had the same reaction: it was worth it. Definitely two thumbs up to the service and environment.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!EdenDined on 12/2/2013This was my second time at Establishment and it was just as amazing as my first time! I will continue to bring people back! The food is absolutely delicious - no complains from anyone in my party of nine. All of us were thoroughly impressed. The service is also excellent. Our friendly waiters were helpful, attentive and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KaylynDined on 11/20/2013Overall very pleasant. Great food, good service, fun.Special Features:
- Barcel-IthacaYummyDined on 11/19/2013Loved it! It gave us a taste of Barcelona at Cornell, while still allowing us to have the option of things that were familiar to us. The entree was delicious and the best part was that it allowed you to taste three different things on the same plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatyummDined on 11/19/2013The dinner was great! the potatoes were cold, but overall that didn't have much impact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It would be great to haveKSiroisDined on 10/29/2013It would be great to have a non surgary drink option besides water. Iced tea would be lovely!Special Features:
- Awesome and originalTommgggDined on 10/7/2013Service, food, ambiance, and value are all fantastic. Students are awesome and very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teaching RestaurantSteveDined on 9/26/2013Really well prepared salad, steak was grilled perfect, hamburger very tasty and deserts flavorful. Service was very attentive, friendly with a lot of enthusiasm. Nice to see for students. Very curtSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find on CampusNewYorkerDined on 9/23/2013Tired of eating in the dining halls or cooking for yourself every night? Establishment is a fantastic place to go out with friends, a loved one, or co-workers to unwind after classes and enjoy delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMattDined on 9/23/2013Food was excellent, service was very quick and most of the servers were attentive to our dining needs, even though we only had one server. The ambience was toned down, quiet and intimate. Lights were at the perfect level (not too light not too dim).Special Features:
- Great food on the Cornell campusithacagourmetDined on 5/1/2013Establishment is run by students at the Cornell Hotel School and is a welcome addition to the Ithaca dining scene. The nightly menu has a lot of variety and a lot of options for diners of all persuasions--from tofu lettuce wraps to steak frites. In addition, there are frequently special nightly menus, often themed, that allow for creativity from the kitchen. The quality of the food is consistently excellent. The service is good and attentive. It's the perfect place for a fancier meal if you are a member of the Corenll community or are up on campus for an event.Special Features:
- We went there for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/25/2013We went there for a special night when hotel school students were presenting their work for a term project. We ordered from both the regular and the special menus. The items on the students' special menu were surprisingly impressive. They were very creative and tasty!! They are actually better than some of the dishes we tried on the regular menu.
- We were greeted with professionalisAudreyVIPDined on 4/24/2013We were greeted with professionalism in a timely fashion upon entering the establishment. We were shown to a lovely table for two. We received water by a charming server. The prix fixed menu with wine was a fabulous choice. MMMMMMM to everything! Creativity abounds with precision in the preparation! Thanks to all.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was cool, calmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The atmosphere was cool, calm and relaxing. The food was great and the service was outstanding! The nan and the meat stick taste really good. I love it. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Nice dinner, good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Nice dinner, good food and good wine, very personable and very attentive manager, prompt and friendly service - good effort on the waiter's part. Excellent value.Special Features:
- The student run restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/17/2013The student run restaurant was a wonderful experience. Recommend others to come and enjoy!Special Features:
- Justice KimOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013I had a waitress who blew my world. She not only explained the political scnerario behind the argentine wine, she also sat us quickly and in an egalitarian manner.Special Features:
- Was a great night out withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013Was a great night out with the family. Enjoyed being served by the students you see everyday. Food was fantastic along with the service. Needs to be advertised more so others can enjoy.Special Features: