Essy's Carriage House
4030 Lee Hwy
Arlington, VA 22207Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Essy's Carriage House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.essyscarriagehouse.com/welcome2.html
- Phone: 7035257899
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Essy Saedi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our main dining room is available for groups and special events. The room seats a maximum of 60 people but may be booked for 30 or more depending on menu selection. It features tables of 3, 4 and 6 seats plus a head table of up to 15.
- Private Party Contact: Janet 7035257899
- Public Transit: The Ballston Metro stop is approximately one mile from the restaurant. Buses traveling up and down Lee Highway to and from Rosslyn also stop near the restaurant.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a large private parking lot in the rear of the restaurant, with an entrance to the restaurant right off the lot. The parking lot entrance is on Quincy Street.
A word from Essy's Carriage House
An upscale neighborhood restaurant featuring white table cloths and fresh flowers, Essy's Carriage House has been serving Arlington and surrounding communities for more than 38 years. Recently voted "The Most Colorful Character in Arlington," Essy is always on hand to greet his customers. The menu focuses on simple, fresh ingredients including Certified Angus Beef, Wisconsin veal, Colorado lamb and the highest quality fresh fish and seafood flown in from various parts of the world. After trying our signature jumbo lump crab cakes, many diners do not explore other parts of the menu. But the beef stroganoff, short ribs, lamb shanks and osso buco also have their devotees, as do our simply grilled steaks and chops. Sunday brunch draws quite a crowd, with a menu that includes eggs benedict, omelets, French toast, quiche, steak and eggs and more. Open seven days a week and on the holidays, Essy's is a great choice for date night, meeting friends, a family gathering, or a special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Essy's Carriage House reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Horrible Service, decent foodTravelerDined on 8/12/2014Brought a group of eight business associates for dinner. The owner appeared to be the only wait staff in the restaurant, and seemed to really care less about waiting on us. We had to ask for water, menus, drinks, etc. Any requests were received with a grunt or no response at all. The food was fine but nothing to write home about. The service throughout the entire meal was horrible. I would not recommend or return to this restaurant.
- Ladies LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2014A group of 8 friends gathered for lunch. The ambience is classy. The food was delicious, especially the crab cake sandwiches accompanied by warm, lightly-salted fries. Service was attentive. We were able to eat and chat without feeling like we were being hurried. Very relaxing.Special Features:
- Father's Day Dinnerfoodfan72Dined on 6/15/2014If you're looking for excellent food and great service Essy's is the place to go. The quiet yet cheerful ambience makes it a great place to enjoy dinner with friends and family. A visit at our table by Essy made our dinner experience even more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchWe8L8VIPDined on 5/25/2014First time at Essy's Carriage House. There were only 2 other tables occupied at brunch on a Sunday, surprising for this brunch value restaurant. Yummy rum buns to start that arrive at the table without asking. Brunch portions are big. The smoked salmon and bagel came with a plateful of salmon - enough for several bagels. The ham omelet was stuffed with ham. The crab benedict was all jumbo lump crab. All delicious. Prices are very reasonable too. Not sure why the place wasn't full of people, except that it's off the beaten track by a bit. Will return.Special Features:
- billDined on 5/3/2014Food was well done but dinner overall was pricey. Cooking was very good (loved my veal) but I've had the same elsewhere at less costSpecial Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Essy's Carriage House reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/27/2014I have been going to Essy's for years and enjoy my meals. Essy is very cordial, funny and makes you feel welcome. I found out I was his first open table customer.Special Features: