Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
The Palms Hotel & Spa
3025 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.essensiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 908-5458
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am, Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Julie Frans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Essensia at The Palms Hotel & Spa can cater to private events of all sizes, with private venues available from 30 up to 200 persons, including the tropical Poolside Terrace, covered Veranda Terrace, elegant ballrooms and other outdoor venues around the hotel’s lush tropical gardens.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Cannici 8776341035
A word from Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
Essensia Restaurant follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors, Essensia’s menu features healthful and flavorful dishes made with produce, meats and seafood primarily sourced from within the State of Florida. Essensia’s exclusive wine list is committed to being sustainable, organic or biodynamic and has been selected for sharing Essensia’s mission to be good for you and the environment. Essensia is open 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Essensia offers discounted valet parking rates for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Groups up to 40 people can be accommodated in one of our dining areas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (38)special occasion (29)fit for foodies (26)scenic view (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Sumptuous flavorsSustainabiliesDined on 9/10/2013We came here two years ago on a conference and couldn't wait to return. Another conference in Ft.Lauderdale, so we drove to re-experience Essensia. It was good, but not as good as the last time...but still special. We sent friends from Brazil who were visiting Miami and they loved the restuarant, they all went twice! Wonderful ambiance outside on the verando, but watch out for the "no-seeums." Omar the waiter is personal and takes care of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- essensialuv2dineVIPDined on 9/8/2013first time there. beautiful place. we ate inside.. it was VERY quiet. outside very nice for winter . lovely menu. pretty reasonable for Miami beach. parking validated . $5. all very GOOd for Miami Beach. service was excellent. very gracious. liked it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 StarsFlashDined on 9/7/2013From top to bottom Essensia shines. Essensia is a marriage of magnificent architecture, a Zen garden and locally harvested ingredients. We went for Miami Spice and had a wonderful time. My son snapped away posting on Instragram. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good!sobevDined on 8/21/2013Great meal, friendly service & nice atmosphere- I ordered the Miami spice and enjoyed the Cesar with kale! Steak with polenta was delicious- We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy!GigiDined on 8/17/2013I came alone...none of my friends wanted to come. Great service and they were very attentive to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida Key's feeldougDined on 8/16/2013The food was decent for the Miami spice menu but the best part of the dinning experience for my wife and I was the Key's like ambience of the outdoor dinning on the veranda. The service was very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night at EssensiaEmilio1006Dined on 8/11/2013My girlfried and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at Essensia during Miami Spice 2013. We had reservation on Sunday at 7pm, and were seated right away. It was a very quiet, romantic dinner - perfect for two parents trying to enjoy an adult-only evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet night out at a place with gourmet food made with farm fresh, organic ingredientes. Thier signature cocktails were also very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Quiet and MellowEricDined on 8/3/2013It's a nice place for a quiet, non pretentious dinner. The food was good, the service very good and the outside seating is very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went last Friday to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2013We went last Friday to celebrate my husband's birthday. It was the worst service at this level of restaurant one can imagine. I went there because of high reviews, but I bet they all paid for. Will never go back and never recommend to anybody. The food was nothing special neither. I didn't want to make a scene but made a comment to our neighbors, since they were getting a very poor service as well. There was only four tables inside and about five outside. It seems as if all their regular service stuff went on vocation and they just hired people from the street. My husband was laughing because even for Miami it was such a surreal experience.
- good appsElTigreDined on 7/18/2013The appetizers were our favorite part of the meal... they were fantastic and full of flavor. Main courses were lacking seasoning, and you would think that wouldn't be the case, having their own herb and spice garden.Special Features:
- Amazing!AshMoDined on 7/12/2013My husband and I went there for our 1 year wedding anniversary and we were greeted with champaign and multiple staff members with well wishes. The food was outstanding...we were in Miami for the weekend and almost considered going back our second night. We are vegetarian so it was great to see vegetarian options on the menu and also be told that they could convert many of their dishes into vegetarian friendly meals. Everything we had was wonderful! Hats off to the chef for making a menu with such diverse yet well put together meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were staying at anothercyouagainDined on 6/15/2013We were staying at another big hotel in the area with a large late night scene. This restaurant was a great getaway for a quiet dinner for two. The hotel lobby at the Palm is beautiful - a must see if you are into the old restored hotel. Makes you feel a little like key west. We ate on the porch and had a wonderful meal. Fresh ingredients and impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect selection of organicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2013perfect selection of organic meals , everything tasted fresh and vibrant ,healthy food with a twist , so far from some boring "healthy places" , on top of it the service was amiable and impecable .... the scenery is beautiful and the Mojito to die for :) ..... Great Moment of Life !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentlocavorefoodieDined on 5/16/2013I was excited to go to Essensia, as they claim to source locally and be able to make "anything on the menu suitable for vegans and vegetarians". Our waiter did not know the menu, and he could not tell me where the different items were sourced from. I have waitressed for many years, and this was unacceptable to me, especially for a restaurant that markets itself in such a way (local sourcing, garden on site, etc). He never once even checked up on us.The food was incredibly bland, and the garden didn't seem to be used much. The menu did not include one single dish suitable for vegans - even the salads all had meat and cheese on them. We ended up having to pay the full price of all dishes (paid for the expensive seafood without a substitute).Special Features:
- Food was deceiving. Bad qualityclemrionDined on 5/12/2013Food was deceiving. Bad quality for the meat, poor variety in the desserts. Only was the watermelon gazpacho tastyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid RestaurantlouieDined on 5/11/2013The food was good. The prices were a little higher than expected ( although it is South Beach). It is worth going, not too sure that it did enough to bring me back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarians seekingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2013As vegetarians, we have learned to be satisfied with what we find and usually resort to salads. Not true here! The menu contains fresh local ingredients and well-prepared vegetarian choices. One of the chefs visited our table (and others) to see how we enjoyed our meal and invited us back to enjoy upcoming vegetarian choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day or nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2013Have here for brunch only, never dinner. I have say that I really enjoyed both. It's a great place to eat day or nigh. The food is equally as good for brunch, lunch, and dinner. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wow! Just, wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013By far the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant. From start to finish, the staff, atmosphere, and food were outstanding. My husband and I love the concepts of locally sourced and as organic as possible. Essensia accomplishes this in a way that is elegant without being "hoity toity". This was also the only restaurant meal I have ever had that felt energizing with every bite. Too often I feel dehydrated and/or heavy after eating restaurant food. Not at Essensia.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance; Disappointing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/16/2013My wife and I went to the restaurant for lunch to celebrate her birthday. The outdoor patio was charming and just what I was hoping for. The attentive staff was a pleasure. The problem was with my lunch. I ordered the grilled chicken lunch withy two sides. The chicken was significantly overcooked. Apparently, the cook didn't watch it while it was cooking or worse yet he thought it was done properly. We're talking about grilled chicken!!! Fortunatley it was cooked properly the second time. However, the bigger problem that I had with the restaurant was it appeared that there wasn't any management present. Apparently no one checked the food on the way out of the kitchen and no one ever stopped by our table to ask how our meal was.
- Enjoyed a very nice dinnersummer14Dined on 4/13/2013Enjoyed a very nice dinner for 4 locals at Essensia on a recent saturday night. Our reservation for 8 pm was well accomodated and had nice table on the porch overlooking the tropical green space- very pleasant. All enjoyed excellent salads featuring local produce and seasonings. Dinner choices included fish, steak and chicken with all parties happy with their entrees. I had the Paiche fish, some kind of river fish from S. America that was excellent and very tasty. Service was attentive and pace was good. Will definitely return as food is a notch above competitors. A bit overpriced - but what isn't?
- A sumptous dinner in tropics ...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/13/2013My friend and I were referred to Essensia for dinner and thought we'd eat outside on the porch. We walked the grounds before dinner with exotic bar drinks in-hand. It reminded me of Southeastern Asia with large banana leaf plants and palms. Essensia Restaurant is absolutely delicious with fresh farm to table food options and an exciting menu. I had the short rib dish which melted in my mouth. Our waiter was friendly and efficient but we did notice a large amount of family activity even after 8 pm on the porch. The noise at times was highly distracting and people did very little to quiet the children. We asked to move inside and were thrilled once we got to sit in the beautiful dining room to enjoy the ambiance there.Special Features:
- MediocreJohn55VIPDined on 3/30/2013There are many exceptional restaurants in Miami. This is not one of them. The food is entirely mediocre and the restaurant grossly overpriced given the quality.
- Nice new find on Miami BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Nice to find outdoor dining in Miami. Wonderful outdoor garden grown by the chef with daily specials planned by the most fresh and seasonal selections. Vegetarian options that have great flavor and not just a plate of steamed bland broccoli! Service was great inside however, sort of hotel feeling. Better to be outside where it was more ambiance.Special Features:
- Disastrous service, food just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Food was good not worth $170 + obligatory 18% tip. Disappointed about several aspects of our experience. 1. The vegetarian platter was OK, rather bland The eggplant was undercooked. The spinach was steamed period. 2. My husband had the tasting menu. The degustation sample was never served. I saw it brought to other tables. 3. The service was extremely slow. Between our guest's soup and salad he waited 35 minutes, and between that and our entrees was another 5 to 10 min4. We were never offered another drink or water for that matter.5. We mentined that It was our guest's birthday, not a gesture.6. 18% tip was added to the bill, not deserved in any way.
- There was only one mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013There was only one mistake which was that they forgot 1/6 dinner plate but other than that everything was great.Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant.chrisvVIPDined on 3/8/2013We loved this restaurant. The atmosphere is amazing, so pretty. Go to the outside lounge area first to have a cocktail. Food was amazing, service great. If you love wine, ask for the Somelier's help - he was the best! We are locals and will definitely be going back. Sit outside for dinner as well.Special Features:
- Unbelievable, fresh, and interestinHaneVIPDined on 3/8/2013Unbelievable, fresh, and interesting food. All fish dishes- Salmon, Grouper, Striped Bass and Paiche were incredible, and the heirloom tomato and fig dessert was phenomenal and totally original. Impeccable service- highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fabulous food! We ate outdermdrVIPDined on 2/28/2013Fabulous food! We ate out on the porch and was quite lovely.Special Features:
- A beautiful restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2013A beautiful restaurant in a beautiful hotel on Collins Ave. Service was fantastic, food was excellent. Would defintely recommend.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/24/2013My wife and I and a couple close friends had breakfast this morning at Essensia. We read a number of reviews, both on Trip Advisor and elsewhere, that touted the restaurant and chef as one of the best in Miami. So we made reservations for 10:30am Sunday. We arrived at 10:00am to find the hostess station deserted. As we waited, a small crowd of hungry patrons gathered. Six minutes passed before any restaurant staff even acknowledged us. We checked in and since we were early asked to be seated as soon as possible. The hostess balked at our request as if it was too much trouble for her to seat us before our reservation time. When we insisted she replied that the would put us in the queue and that it would only be a short wait. Fifteen
- They don't have brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/23/2013They don't have brunch on Saturday, which is bizarre, but the outdoor patio was lovely. Not all of it is covered, though, so we got a few leaves and things on our table and on us from the birds above. They also took a while to seat us even though I made the reservation a while ago and were a little rude at the front desk. Also, we split the bill between the six of us and were supposed to be charged $100 each, but one girl got charged the entire $600 bill. They took it off, but kind of an inconvenience - glad we caught it!Special Features:
- Not a bad spot but there areOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2013Not a bad spot but there are better places in Miami Beach. Real affordable though. The sustainable twist is nice but was not enough get me to come back.Special Features:
- Just RightSkipVIPDined on 2/10/2013This was my second trip to SOBE in the last 5 months. I'm devoted to Essensia. Tranquil dining for serious diners with creativity and layers of flavors and textures. Great options for vegetarians as well. If you'd like a quite meal away from the frenzy and an opportunity for a meaningful conversation - this is the place.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013One of the best dining experiences we have had in a long time!Special Features:
- This place is a gem. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/25/2012This place is a gem. The terrace is the best place to sit. The views of the garden are beautiful. Makes you feel like you are on a tropical island. The food was delicious as was the presentation. Truly a great find.Special Features:
- Elegant and RomanticdinealotVIPDined on 12/2/2012This restaurant is totally elegant. We dined outdoors and we felt transported to the Carribean. The menu is thoughtful with many choices both sophisticated or tending toward minimalist..your choice depending on your mood. The service was attentive and non intrusive. Fit for foodies. A very nice change from many South Beach restaurants which tend to all have a similar vibe.Special Features:
- Ok but the food was not likePJMiamiDined on 11/18/2012Ok but the food was not like we expected, came cold and dry. Salad was dead and stay in the kitchen for 10 minutes
- Chef Julie has an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2012Chef Julie has an outstanding approach to food- from how it is grown and sourced and how it is prepared and presented. Each dish that came to our table was delicious and our guests were thrilled to take part in a true locavore experience.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining.cruisedirectorDined on 11/8/2012Fabulous dining experience on the back veranda! Beautiful restaurant. Food was very well prepared. Would definitely recommend this place!Special Features: