Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
The Palms Hotel & Spa
3025 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.essensiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3059085458x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am, Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Julie Frans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Essensia at The Palms Hotel & Spa can cater to private events of all sizes, with private venues available from 30 up to 200 persons, including the tropical Poolside Terrace, covered Veranda Terrace, elegant ballrooms and other outdoor venues around the hotel’s lush tropical gardens.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Cannici 8776341035
A word from Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
Essensia Restaurant follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors, Essensia’s menu features healthful and flavorful dishes made with produce, meats and seafood primarily sourced from within the State of Florida. Essensia’s exclusive wine list is committed to being sustainable, organic or biodynamic and has been selected for sharing Essensia’s mission to be good for you and the environment. Essensia is open 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Essensia offers discounted valet parking rates for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Groups up to 40 people can be accommodated in one of our dining areas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (36)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (22)scenic view (16)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- IncredibleSWLTML69VIPDined on 9/20/2014Essensia is a must ! Everything from beginning to the end is just incredible. Very quite, relaxing and romantic Resturant especially on the porch. Breakfast and Lunch are very good as well - Cheers!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining Experience!mgpnycVIPDined on 9/16/2014Essensia proudly presents delicious and creatively prepared "farm-to-table" food which is delicious and satisfying. The service is attentive and friendly. The setting is quite attractive. Essensia offers both a lovely indoor dining room and a warm and welcoming outdoor porch dining area overlooking the pool and garden area. Don't miss their house made sorbets. They are extraordinary. This place is really different from the usual Miami Beach "scene" restaurants. You will really enjoy a very special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous other than noiseWoodbineDined on 9/12/2014Perhaps just our luck... but there were two very loud group tables around us. Very inappropriate in a softly lit romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FindribfoodyDined on 9/12/2014It has been a while since my wife and I have fallen in love with a dinning experience like this one. Before we were finished with dinner, we were planning our next visit. The food was unbelievable! Exciting, new flavors, perfectly prepared, and elegantly presented. The food was only surpassed by the service. Our server Omar was friendly and very attentive. When we complemented the food, Chef Gabriel came to visit us at the table. We can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was greattinaandkodoDined on 9/10/2014Overall very good. Nothing more to say. Next time, when we are in Miami we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014The hotel is gorgeous however upon walking in it has an odor of mold/humidity and although I realize it is in a humid location there should be an air /humidity system to decrease the odor. It is not a beach odor. Other thN that it is a beautiful place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rissotto de remolacha?yeyoDined on 9/6/2014The risotto has very nice color but it didn't taste good and didn't see the cheeseSpecial Features:
- Difficult taste of the foodnitramkDined on 9/1/2014We were a party of three people. We made a reservation because of the review in tripadvisor and because Essensia advertises to use fresh ingredients and also organic. Service is nice, very nice. Sitting was great, too. However the food was something else. We had three different kind of food. Each single one we could not finish. Indeed after a few bites we stopped. Even the chicken was hardly chewable. If it was not all three dishes, I would say the kitchen has had a bad day. But to mess up all three meals - Sorry, this is a no go! I personally cannot recommend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014This place is very unique in the sense that it serves organic food and the menu is interesting. But above all, this place has an impeccable service from the hosts to the valet parkers. My wife and I go to restaurants quite often not only here but every place we travel to, and this place has one of the best services we have ever seen. I think we heard a sincere "Happy Anniversary" at least 10 times from different people in the restaurant...really outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014They forgot our drink and coffee orders. We were there over an hour before our appetizers turned up and had to push them re a departure time in order to ensure our entrees came in a timely manner. The restaurant wasn't even packed for a Sunday brunch at 1pm but they seriously struggled with their service and getting food out in a timely manner. Finally, when my shrimp arrived, they were overcooked!Special Features:
- HerbalDelightfab4seafoodDined on 8/29/2014A culinary gem in the historic Palms Hotel and Spa, Essensia boasts farm to table fare and fresh herbs from the chef's onsite garden. Outstanding flatbread with duck confite, goat cheese, and figs is a standout. Seasonal soups and the watermelon, arugula, and crisp prosciutto salad is a meal in itself. Portions on the expansive menu are large and entrees can be easily shared by two. Service is attentive without being overbearing. Save time for an after dinner drink. The bartender is an artist!Special Features:
- Not what I expectedDpieDined on 8/24/2014Food was cold, not flavorful and service was awful. Will not ever returnSpecial Features:
- Fresh food subpar serviceSettiDined on 8/23/2014I dined here with 3 friends on a Saturday night. Though the restaurant was not busy and we had 9:00 reservations, they still had us wait at the bar. It seemed like a ploy to get the bartender some extra cash. Once seated, our evening was nice. The ambiance was great and it wasn't too hot sitting outside. I ordered the strip steak with chimichurri sauce. It was so delicious. The food was all fresh and healthy. Our server was not very good. He was slow and unfriendly. 18% gratuity is automatically added so my meal was $38. I gave $40. Even though that's only $2 extra, I didn't appreciate the fact that he kept the change. Had our service been worthy, it wouldn't have been an issue. I didn't say anything but that seemed pompous and forward.Special Features:
- ShyDiVIPDined on 8/18/2014We were here for Miami Spice The restaurant was empty. The taste and texture of the food was very disappointing although the presentation was nice. Service was great. But at the end of the day isn't it about the food?
- Great restaurantvinodDined on 8/16/2014My fiance and I go to essensia when we are looking to treat ourselves. As it was our 5 yr anniversary, we wanted essensia to be the restaurant in which we celebrate. We were treated very well and the food was delicious. Our waiter, Gracia, was amazing as always and his service is one of the things we look forward to when we dine here. Everything from appetizer to dessert was full of flavor paired with great drinks, wine, and impeccable service. I thank essensia for helping make our day that as special as it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twofordinnertwofordinnerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Should be aware the restaurant adds 18% service charge to your dinner cost and taxes the service charge regardless of the size of your dinner party. This is stated on the menu but not visable until you see the menu. This is not a gratuity so is therefore legally taxed. If you view the menu on line be sure you 18% to each item to get a true cost. Service is not to standard for that kind of a service charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceMegTDined on 8/12/2014While the atmosphere and food were nice. The service was far less than remarkable. I understand that we were a younger party, but the servers seemed to think that was a reason to neglect us entirely. We would have gotten better service pretty much anywhere, which is a shame because we spent a lot of money on a meal we thought would be a special treat rather than a frustrating experience where our water glasses were empty the entire time (outside on a hot night after a full day of walking), even after asking for refills. The food took nearly an hour's time in which we saw nearby tables who arrived after us get served before us. The server never asked us how we were or if we needed anything and was neither courteous nor present.Special Features:
- Essential Escence EssensiaOT4spiceDined on 8/10/2014Great organic choice in a tastefully decorated setting reminiscent of a stylish past era. Since what's old is always chic, farm fresh ingredients in tasty well prepared entrees are always pleasing to the palate. The quinoa salad was a good mix of contrasting and complementary flavors. The chicken entree, though so slow to arrive we thought maybe freshness was being taken a bit too literally, was explicably cooked to the perfect balance between tender juiciness and umami crispiness. Even the seemingly simple sorbets were flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expereinceMauriceDined on 8/8/2014The mood and atmosphere were great. Service and food were outstanding. recommended for gourmet dinning for people with fine taste and experience with finer restaurants. The old art deco style adds lots of character to the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A evening to rememberRavtodineVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was remarkable in every respect, meaning fresh (an understatement), extraordinary flavors and tastes and wonderfully presented. That experience was matched, if not exceeded, by the waitstaff, especially Omar. Without his knowledgable and generous assistance, we would have had a lovely evening but not an unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good female serverMilradDined on 8/4/2014Very poor service except buss boys. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- COULDN'T BE WORSE--REALLY!samiDined on 8/2/2014Two years ago we moved into the mid-Beach neighborhood and Essensia had very good reviews. We had two consecutive very bad experiences, not in terms of the wines or service, but the meal itself. Fast-food not at its best. We were invited on two other occasions - not our choice - with similar results. Last night, we made another trial thinking that maybe things had improved. We were served as an appetizer, a quinoa swimming in nuts, followed by a corvina (requested medium) as the equivalent of mashed fish, and a flourless chocolate cake filled with hot pepper. You make the judgment! We also had one waiter for 30 people. No service. We had to pour our own wine.
- Just okOrlando1Dined on 7/4/2014Began with parking problem when valet informed me their parking lot was full and I needed to find a spot on the street. Good luck over holiday weekend at 7:30. Service, food and atmosphere was just ok. Wanted to dine outside however the only other two tables outside were occupied by people in bathing suit attire which made it feel way to casual, so chose to dine inside.
- lunch ratingbiztravelerDined on 6/27/2014Very good service from vallet to waiting staff. Perfect patio lunch spot in Miami Beach, relaxed tropical setting. Very good food.Special Features:
- One of SOBE's BestGlutenFreeDinersDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I dined here on four occasions over the past two years. The food is consistently well-prepared and flavorful. The kale Caesar salad is the best we have ever had, and this item has been on the menu for some time. The ribs, paella, and snapper were perfectly cooked and very well seasoned. The menu is updated fairly regularly so it is always interesting to return for new dishes. Service was great- our waiter recalled us from last summer and remembered that we needed a gluten-free accommodation (GF), although most items on the menu seen naturally GF. The chef often came out of the kitchen to assess the level of satisfaction of all diners. She has appeared on Food Network's Chopped- and clearly has a high level of skill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiliciousSuburbiansDined on 6/12/2014Everything I had was terrrific, ate here several times. What's memorable was the Thai Lemongrass soup and Corvina fish for dinner and the whole grain coconut waffles, especially enjoyed the lavender honey, yumm! I wish the honey was for sale in the gift shop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Please hire a new manager and chef so that the restaurant can thrive. Miami is very competitive and the food is just not up to par. The service was excellent and the restaurant was beautiful. It's a shame that the food was not tasty and not even appealing to look at.
- Not worthy of the hypeNotFoodiesButDinersDined on 6/5/2014Based on the reviews and the rankings we saw on various web sites, we had high expectations. We found the food to be mediocre at best for a restaurant claiming to be "upscale". The service was good and the ambiance was also nice. We like the hotel, but I'm surprised that the restaurant has received so many accolades. It wouldn't survive in a place like New York or San Francisco. It is possible that a recent, seasonal menu change was responsible for the disparity between reviews we'd read and our experience. That said, we had a great brunch the next day and really enjoyed the breakfast food.Special Features:
- Great FoodDrewNJVIPDined on 6/3/2014Very natural organic preparations. Great ambiance and service!Special Features:
- farm to table gemmarried2vegetarianDined on 6/2/2014The entire menu was full of interesting fresh food options. Although I'm an omnivore and there were many fine meat and seafood entrees, I went with the snapper ceviche appetizer and then the vegtable entre sampler so I could try a variety of the sides. I was not disappointed. The ceviche was the most delicate and finely flavored I've ever had. All the vegtable disches were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to friends, especially vegetarians. It's also family friendly with good outdoor seating in a tropical environment. Tables are not to close to each other.Special Features:
- The following 233 reviews are from the Essensia Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Can't wait to go back!JoyfuleaterDined on 5/16/2014We ate in this restaurant while staying at The Palms hotel for a recent wedding. If you like to eat fresh, clean, organic food that is beautifully presented and absolutely delicious, Essensia is the restaurant for you! The outside ambiance is lovely and the service is great. We enjoyed the dinner so much, we returned for lunch the next day! I wish I could get the recipes for everything on the menu....Julie Frans really appreciates "real" food fresh from her on site garden. Wish she'd open a restaurant in broward!Special Features:
- Great place!MASIIVIPDined on 5/15/2014Incredible food and impeccable service provided by Omar gave us a wonderful experience. We have already been back once and are planning another stop before leaving town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningsoblondeoverblueDined on 5/14/2014My husband and I had a delicious, relaxed-pace dinner at Essencia. We sat on the porch, and the view, along with the bread, were amazing! Our waiter Omar was engaging and recommended wonderful choices. We tried the Thai Lemongrass soup (YUM), kale Caesar salad (ok for me, my husband loved), the snapper (very good) and the NY strip (wow!!!). The house mojito was very smooth, but because it wasn't delivered until 2 courses later, we were comped a fabulous trio of chocolate mousses - you must try! We are not from Miami but would wholeheartedly return to Essencia anytime we are in the area.Special Features:
- Kale King!!JoMiamiBEachDined on 5/8/2014Best Kale salad ever! Served with an Anchovy vinegarette, this was outstanding. Scene is very quiet so it is perfect if you want a noise free environment.Special Features:
- Dining @ EssensiaSobediningDined on 5/6/2014Service, ambiance, decoration, etc., all good but when it came to the food the expectations were not met. Before (a year ago) it had it all. What happened?Special Features:
- Average placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/6/2014Went there for breakfast, classic menu selections, average food. Nothing special about it.
- Great outdoor brunchDavidDined on 5/4/2014Excellent choice for a relaxing Sunday brunch with great bottomless mimosas. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great farm to tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/1/2014Lovely food, capitalizing on locally grown as much as possible. Very friendly to those with dietary restrictions, especially vegetarian or gluten free. Great wait staff. Lovely veranda. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- True Farm to TableLovesdiningoutDined on 4/22/2014Flavor is teased out with herbs and spices. No heavy sauces, just extremely well prepared food seasoned perfectly. The chef's organic garden at the hotel is the source of some of the produce and much of the herbs.Special Features:
- Great Setting, But...Austinite17Dined on 4/11/2014Great ambiance and setting. We felt that the food, while decent, was fairly unremarkable. The price point is pretty high, and the cocktails and wine are a little ridiculous. The restaurant prides itself on organic, farm-to-market cuisine, but I'm not sure this is translating to flavored that match the cost. Our waitperson was a little aloof and not exceptionally helpful. The outdoor setting is nice, but the food doesn't stand out.Special Features: