67-425 Two Bunch Palms Trail
Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240Neighborhood:
Desert Hot Springs
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.twobunchpalms.com/
- Phone: 7602887805x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Sunday: Breakfast: 7:30am - 11:30am
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Angel Toscana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Essense
In Essense, we want our guests to savor exceptional farm-to-table cuisine that nourishes the body and replenishes the soul. Share a warm, inspired setting with friends or someone special. Encounter service that is so attentive it seems effortless and invisible. Delight in the fresh bounty of the land and immerse yourself in a culinary experience that offers explosive flavors, rich produce and boldly seasoned proteins paired with crisp inviting textures. Essense…an experience that indulges the palate, seduces the senses and feeds your passions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Essense reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- What a difference a week makesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We returned to Essense after a great lunch the week prior and it was extremely disappointing. It took three attempts to find a wine that was available and then one of the wines was off. I ordered the same meal as the week prior - Penne Al Fresco - and was greeted with a dish that was drenched in oil and had none of the fresh vibrance of the dish I had just a week earlier. The bread arrived at the table after the lunch dishes. A listed ingredient in one of the desserts was not available and although it was substituted, it would have been nicer as listed. We were going to try the restaurant for dinner but I'm not sure that we will. If they allow people to wear bathrobes at dinner as well, then we most certainly will not.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Essense is a very relaxed setting to enjoy a nice lunch with a glass or two. Looking forward to trying the dinner menu. The only drawback was that guests of the resort turn up to the restaurant in bath robes. I understand the nature of the resort but the restaurant is open to the general public, and I would have thought that a certain standard would be required.Special Features:
- Good makeover, but needs workSpaDinerDined on 7/21/2014Decor gets five stars! Hostess & did not read/relay our Open Table special request to server. Dinner was ok, but filet mingon sauce was runny. Veggie gaspatcho consisted of two tablespoons for $8! The waitress even said sorry when she delivered it to us. We asked for our half eaten duck dinner ($$$) to be wrapped to go, but the server never brought it back...Open Table request for birthday celebration, w/ no acknowledgement of it by anyone. We ordered desert with no extra fuss (there had already been so many issues w/ the two parties next door. Please do not sit the only three tables in the restaurant next to one another so we have to listen to other's awful language...Pls work on service & hope the chef fine tunes his dishes.Special Features:
- not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014New chef does not live up to previous reviews. Great setting; poor food.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Essense reviews archive.
- We simply enjoyed my wifesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We simply enjoyed my wifes birthday-evening in this spectacular restaurant.Special Features:
- FabulousAuroraDined on 4/9/2014The Two Bunch Palms Resort and Spa is absolutely divine. An oasis in the desert of serenity and calm The dining room menu is offers a selection of healthy and appetizing entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting - make surex599Dined on 3/28/2014Beautiful setting - make sure you stroll the grounds while you are there. There is a path through the grotto that goes down to behind the building where there are two ponds and then further. Very serene. Food and service were both good to excellent. My only gripe was that we made a reservation on OpenTable and they seated us in the lounge part of the restaurant, even though there were empty tables in the main dining room. We asked to sit there but they said they were 'reserved'... even though we had an OpenTable reservation. One other important note: The OpenTable app shows the location on the map to be about 0.5-1 miles WEST of Palm. In reality you need to turn EAST when coming from Palm. Informed restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful gem in DHS!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/19/2014"Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." - Zoolander Essense literally MADE my trip. My wife and I love to go to DHS spas, namely "The Spring". We found this little gem (newly opened) by sheer chance. What we found was delicious food, an incredible ambiance, and a most helpful wait staff. The manager, Ryan, was extremely hospitable and made us feel welcome, like friends. We will be tossing Essense into our DHS routine of ultimate relaxation and pleasure. Did I mention, the food is amazing?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu is very appealingTuckyVIPDined on 11/19/2013The menu is very appealing and the food is prepared with care and style. However most dishes were lacking flavor and continuity. Many things were too sweet or saucy or very bland. Meat dishes were overdone. Service tires hard but is off. The 'hostess' doubles as a bus--girl and is uniformed as one. The waitress was friendly and helpful but lacking in deep knowledge of the food and preparation. Who I believe was the manager paid no attention to the goings on and sat with friends sharing a bottle of wine. Of course the place itself and view are very special.Special Features:
- This new restaurant at TwoFoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2013This new restaurant at Two Bunch Palms is a wonderful departure from the old one. The eco décor is a breath of fresh air and speaks to the property's new direction of healthy gourmet dining. Their menu is Cal-mediterrean infused with local ingredients. I especially love the Borscht, Indio Date Salad and their salmon and steak. But if you want to try a true vegan dish, go for the beet and lentil burger - YUM! The staff is nice and since the restaurant has been doing so well, they are going through growing pains. Oh and don't forget to try their fresh juices with kale and beet (Hani's magic) during the day and then select from their wonderful wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.