1213 K St.
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.esquiregrill.com/
- Phone: 9164488900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Bar: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 1:00am. Closed Sundays except during shows at the Community Center Theatre. Call for dates.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kurt Spataro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Esquire Grill offers exceptional banquet facilities ideal for family celebrations, business meetings or special events. Located at 13th and K Streets, Esquire Grill is located adjacent to the State Capitol, Sacramento Convention Center, Community Theater, Hyatt Regency and Sheraton Grand.
- Private Party Contact: Denise MacFarlane 9164523335x310
- Entertainment: Within walking distance to the Hyatt Hotel, Sheraton Grand Hotel, Community Center Theatre, Convention Center and Esquire IMAX Movie Theater.
- Special Events: Please contact the Private Dining Manager, Denise MacFarlane: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: 13th St.
- Public Transit: K Street Light Rail
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available Wednesday through Saturday beginning at 5pm. There is a public lot in the Esquire building that the restaurant validates for a reduced rate and some limited street parking on J and L Streets.
A word from Esquire Grill
With it’s elegant décor, seasonal menu and well-trained staff, Esquire Grill is the ultimate in downtown Sacramento dining. Enjoy clever takes on American cuisine; sip a cocktail in the bar or on the open-air patio; take in the big-city ambiance created by renowned architect Michael Guthrie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Esquire Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- The Esquire Grill is a onelarryc518aolcomVIPDined on 4/22/2013The Esquire Grill is a one of a kind. The service is great, the food is done very well and they have a good wine list and a great bar to relax at.Special Features:
- service was good. cocktailOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013service was good. cocktail was amazing. however the food just wasn't that great.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2013Food was delicious. I had salmon and it was cooked perfectly to my instructions and was generous in size. The vegetables were tender and had excellent flavor. My friends had the pork chop and hamburger. Both reported meals were very good. The food looked so beautiful on the plate, something some cooks in other restaurants sometimes forget to consider. Service was great from the waitress, but food was slow from the kitchen. It took about 45 minutes to get our meal after the salads. I always enjoy this restaurant and know that the food will be excellent every time.
- Date Night outBubbaKonaDined on 4/17/2013We needed a place for dinner that was close to the Memorial Auditorium and the Bonamassa show. The parking worked out great, right next door, and a two block walk to the show. Told the server what was up and he made everything work like clockwork!Special Features:
- We enjoyed another excellentScubaDined on 4/15/2013We enjoyed another excellent meal and overall experience at the Esquire Grill.
- This is our fourth visit toALJODinersDined on 4/13/2013This is our fourth visit to the Esquire, and we find that the service and service rank among the best we've had. Our server was helpful with the menu selections and suggested a wine that was an excellent paring to the food we selected. The restaurant was busy with conventioneers and prom dates, yet none of the wait staff seemed unduly stressed or harried. Our waiter engaged us personably, and the food arrived without a lengthy delay. If you're downtown before a show, or just want a nice evening out, the Esquire Grill is a wonderful choice.Special Features:
- Energetic is one descriptionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013Energetic is one description of the noise. To us it was just plain loud to the point that it was difficult to talk and hear what our dinner partners had to say. Otherwise the food was good as was the service. The place was packed, which probably increased the noise level.
- Pricey, I ordered SOle whichBuckeye1VIPDined on 4/2/2013Pricey, I ordered SOle which was very good, but the potatoes and spinach were pretty tasteless. The appetizer artichoke was not hot nor exceptional. The apple dessert was good.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, great location.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Great restaurant, great location. Food and service are consistently excellent. Very reliable.Special Features:
- Our food was great! AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2013Our food was great! Always delicious. My guest will be returning with her husband. Our server only checked in with us once and never offered dessert which I would have ordered. I also had to try and get anyone's attention to get a refill of my iced tea. It didn't seem as though she had too many tables, but who knows? I think she could have checked in with us on at least one of the many times she passed by our table.Special Features:
- On the whole, a pleasant experienceeatwellDined on 3/27/2013On the whole, a pleasant experience, perhaps because of a helpful & personable waiter. My spinach salad was tasty, but not what one would call refined. It was just an assemblage of coarse spinach leaves with bacon, egg & dressing, but not artistically arranged. The sole was good, but not great. It had a crust & was a bit greasy. It was served with spinach & small roasted potatoes. Portions were generous. My husband enjoyed a cheeseburger & fries. Not a "cutting edge" place, but comfortable with reasonable prices.Special Features:
- We had a great lunch there!demetraVIPDined on 3/27/2013We had a great lunch there! Many options to choose from on the menu. I am hosting a large group at Esquire next week for a late lunch and we can't wait!Special Features:
- Food and service were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Food and service were great. More choice for wine by the glass would be appreciated. Outside dining great.Special Features:
- We were dissappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2013We were dissappointed in the crab louie. A small portion of fresh crab (which was good) served on an iceberg wedge. Not at all what I expected.Special Features:
- Prom Night = GREAT placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013It was our Junior Prom and probably the first time all of us ever went to a restaurant like this so we were not too sure what to do or what some of the menu items were. The people who were waiters and waitresses though were really helpful and treated us great. Only thing I would say is next time we need to plan ahead and know what some of the other items are on the menu so we could try them out. The food was great.Special Features:
- My friend and I went priorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013My friend and I went prior to a musical production across the street. She has a broken foot so the valet parking was perfect. The valets and wait staff were so accommodating. The food was amazing and i was tempted to have a second plate of salmon, puréed yams and Brussels sprouts (too much of a great thing??). Highly recommend. Their food is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- They must have been servingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013They must have been serving too much corned beef and cabbage near St. Pat's day. Some of beef was dry and tough. Cabbage required a knife. I've had good experiences here before, so I'm assuming this was a fluke.
- Kevin was our waiter and heOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Kevin was our waiter and he did a great job. I have been to the Esquire Grill before and everything is always wonderful. Needless to say my expectations were high. The reason for not rating Esquire Grill higher was because of the food, not all of it but some of it. Specifically, I ordered the Petrale Sole with mashed potatoes. The Sole was excellent, however, the mashed potatoes were cold. My date ordered the crab salad and we think that they forgot to put any crab in or if there was some it was very skimpy. Given the price we expected more.Special Features:
- I was bummed... took way toMJDWDined on 3/14/2013I was bummed... took way to long to get our order & then even longer to get the food. Thankfully it was good when it arrived. Maybe you should have a note on the menu that a medium well request for a filet will take 45 minutes.
- Great service and generousBillMDined on 3/13/2013Great service and generous portions. Valet parking makes everything accessible.Special Features:
- I had the Oven-Roasted AmishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/10/2013I had the Oven-Roasted Amish Chicken with Butternut Squash polenta and Brussel sprouts pan roasted with bits of bacon. Very delicious and cooked perfectly! I was pleased to see many healthy choices on the menu! Bravo!Special Features:
- Except for the noise the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013Except for the noise the dinner was excellent, everything was done perfectly and we really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- I had read quite a few reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013I had read quite a few reviews stating Esquire Grill had terrible service. I have to say...I disagree. Our server was very attentive and helpful. She was quick with taking our order, and our food arrived promptly. We greatly enjoyed the cheddar bisquits, and our dinner was cooked perfectly. I would definitly go back.Special Features:
- We chose the Esquire GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013We chose the Esquire Grill because we've heard so much about it. I was disappointed. We were about the 4th table to be seated. Appetizer and salads came out timely, but we waited about 45 mins for our entrees. Overall, I was not impressed with the food. My salad was bland, my soup was much thinner than I expect chowder to be, and I had a very difficult time trying to eat my chicken as I had to cut it into pieces at the table. My husband found his filet to be bland. The banana cream pie for dessert was very good,but the apple galette was average. With so many restaurants in Sacramento to choose from, we most likely will opt for others and not come here again. Its greatest plus was its proximity to the theater.
- Was very impressed from theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Was very impressed from the hostess to the meal. excellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013Excellent food and service was wonderful getting us to the 8 pm performance timely without asking!! Would denfinetly come back!!Special Features:
- Esquire Grill is a popularRedSoxFanDined on 3/7/2013Esquire Grill is a popular lunch spot for politicos. Consistently good service and food so it is a no-brainer for visiting business clients.Special Features:
- Great food and service. IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Great food and service. I had the pork chop and it was wonderful. The server was young but very professional, courteous and appropriate.Special Features:
- Had to ask for a glass ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2013Had to ask for a glass of water three times and the waitress didn't come back to check on us or offer refills.
- Food was OK. Ordered the -OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013Food was OK. Ordered the - arugula salsd with pecans, apples and pancetta. Nothing you couldn't whip up at home in 5 minutes. Portion was like a dinner side salad -a bit small. - mac and cheese. Mine is better because I use multiple cheese varieties, not the simple cheddar (or other) used here. Portion was perfect. -lemonade was perfect Ambience: everyone is doing some sort of deal, it's noisy for lunch but strangely not detrimental to your conversation. Location: perfect.Special Features:
- We met early for dinner beforeSactoGalDined on 2/15/2013We met early for dinner before an event and it was such a pleasure to have a waitress who respected and matched the pace we set as diners. She did not hover or push us to do anything but enjoy the food, wine and company. Made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Nice place to have dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Nice place with very good food (small proportion though)and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- My husband and I ate hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013My husband and I ate here on Valentine's day. The thing that I really appreciated was that they did not have a prix fee dinner. Instead. They had specials instead. Everything was excellent. The service was awesome considering that the restaurant was packed.Special Features:
- This was a special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was a special dinner for my wife and I for Valentine's day. I had heard mixed reviews about this place and after going there, the mixed reviews were correct. It seems that everything we tried was neither very bad nor very good. In essence, it was truly just average.
- my wife and i went to esquireOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013my wife and i went to esquire fro valentines dinner 2013. it was our first time there and it was fantastic. we had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts. delicious! and our server Sara S. was very professional. we will surely be backSpecial Features:
- food was delicious,,had theanonymousVIPDined on 2/8/2013food was delicious,,had the sole, which was a very generous portion,4 slices... the waitress was very cordial, pleasant and was prompt with the service since we were going to the ballet afterwards.Special Features:
- The food was exceptional itNAFTATravelerVIPDined on 2/6/2013The food was exceptional it just took too long to arrive. We were seated at noon as a group of six and didn't receive our entrees for 50 minutes. Have been there before and the food is exceptional. Might just have been an off day.
- Restaurant was packed, turningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013Restaurant was packed, turning away folks at the door all nite. But our server was attentive, and skilled, and made our experience delightful. Pork chop was a killer, very very tasty, and just the right portion.Special Features:
- Second visit here where IOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/30/2013Second visit here where I was disappointed by the menu selections and the quality of food. The menu is uninspired and the food mediocre. The wait staff, however, was terrific on a busy, crowded lunch time. I don't think I will return.
- Where's the bread?DinerVIPDined on 1/26/2013Remember these 2 things. 1- Bread & butter. Don't forget to ask for bread and butter because they just won't give it to you otherwise. When you do ask, they try to up sell you on the bread. A bit tacky for an up scale place. 2- Go early! All three times we've been to the the esquire we have had to choose a different meal than we first selected on the menu. The esquire still doesn't seem to know how to stock the kitchen for the night. They have run out of specials and other standards on their menu every time we've gone. This after we show up at 6:15 pm even though they don't close until 10pm, especially on a theater night. Otherwise the place is very nice and generally the food has been prepared well.Special Features: