Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
710 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetus.com/
- Phone: 6503428700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Teles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: There is plenty of street parking around the restaurant. If you prefer a private parking garage, the closest one is located on B Street/4th Ave.
- Private Party Facilities: Book your next event at Espetus Churrascaria. Our professional staff will make your private event one to be remembered. For more information or to plan your next successful meeting or event, contact our Event's Coordinator at 415-552-8792.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Love 4155528792x
- Entertainment: Espetus Churrascaria in San Mateo hosts Caipi-hour every Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. In the restaurant’s lounge, guests can enjoy, with the purchase of a cocktail, a complimentary sampling of hors d' oeuvres. Bar specials priced at just $6.00 include such cocktails as a Caipirinha and a Brazilian Mojito. In addition, there is live musical entertainment without a cover charge.
- Special Events: Please contact Amanda Love, events manager, to inquiry about banquets and special events at 415-552-8792 or email@example.com.
A word from Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
At Espetus, dining is a sensory experience of culinary style and variety. As a true Brazilian steakhouse, Espetus - which means skewer in Portuguese - features Churrasco techniques. This culinary tradition dates back three centuries, when gauchos, or Southern Brazilian cowboys, slowly roasted meat over open flame pits. For a prix fixe, all-inclusive price, diners select their favorites from unlimited premium choices like steak, lamb, pork or chicken, brought straight from grill to table. Incredible side dishes range from fresh salads to specialties like paella. The sleek, modern surroundings are accented with oil paintings of life in the Brazilian highlands. At the marble-topped bar, there’s a large, chilled jar of homemade sangria and extensive local and imported wines, with Malbec a favorite. You can also try the Brazilian national cocktail, the Caipirinha. Dining at Espetus is nothing less than a feast of traditional Brazilian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo - Best Restaurants in San Mateo ›
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)good for groups (102)fit for foodies (77)romantic (40)great for lunch (39)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (27)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- good not greatbaboonDined on 9/16/2014If all the meat was as good as the lamb it would have been amazing. It seemed to lack seasoning and just not wonderful. Don't get me wrong it was good just not anything that special. They did bring a birthday ice cream out since we celebrating a birthday which I thought was really nice. Wine and drinks were very good! We were a little disappointed that we went and it wasn't happy hour but enjoyed drinks anyways. Overall everything was good (not outstanding) and I don't think it was worth the price tag that went with it.Special Features:
- quality meat, spot on servicetuttoatavolaDined on 9/12/2014The servers were like a well oiled machine, but not machines, like friendly people who allowed you to have a relaxed meal. Delicious meat and sides, we enjoyed the pineapple hot from the grill. Extensive wine list. A great place to celebrate with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterLOBSTERDined on 9/10/2014Excellent. Everything was perfect, from the relaxing bossa nova combo in the bar, to the outstanding food and service! Very special place.Special Features:
- Totally AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Heard a lot about this restaurant-nothing but rave reviews-I would say It did not disappoint -the variety of side dishes and taste was excellent and the 14 different kinds of skewered meats was OUT OF THIS WORLD !!! -Each one had its own unique taste & flavor and was tender and juicy. the meats kept coming non-stop till you could Not eat anymore.The ambiance was fantastic-the location was easy to find and free parking was abundant.TOTALLY satisfied with the whole experience......5 stars- Thumbs up !!! My entire family cannot wait to go again and have future plans for birthdays-parts-celebrations etc !!!!Special Features:
- Come with an appetite!JulesDined on 9/7/2014Very good service. The salads and side dishes are very unique and delicious. The meat selections were varied and cooked to perfection. It's a fun experience having the meat served from long skewers right at the table. Our waiter was very entertaining and informative.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant, great service!BabijoniVIPDined on 9/6/2014Don't miss Espetus Churrascaria and bring your appetite. The service is spot on, beautiful salad/good bar, excellent wine selection and of course the meat, the apex of the experience is delicious. If you've never experienced a brazillian steak house this is the spot! Bon appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!FoodhoundDined on 9/5/2014This is a great churascaria, but you should be aware that during the week the assortment of meats is more limited although still excellent. For the complete experience I recommend going on the weekend where the full variety of meats is available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is lacking the full BrazilianRoyDLDined on 9/3/2014Lunch is lacking the full Brazilian Experience. We went to restaurant for a Brazilian meal. The actual selection to meats was limited and the cuts were rationed out in thin slices. Not an experience for a true carnivore at lunch time. The server said the selection was limited for the Lunch menu. But at over $40/Each, “where was the beef”? To be fair, the food was tasty, some of the cuts were tough enough to pave a road. Others were yummy. But, the offered slices were thin and always very well done. Try somewhere else for lunch, dinner or weekends may be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationFoodandFamilyDined on 9/1/2014I recently celebrated my birthday with lunch at Espetus on Labor Day. There were many other tables celebrating birthdays too. The service was very attentive and there were different cuts of meat coming to our table very often. Picanha is my favorite. I have been there before and notice that this time there were less options for the salad bar and hot entrees, although everything I tried was delicious. The kids also enjoy the pao de queijo, fried polenta and fried bananas. The golden caipirinhas were very good too. We plan to go back for the next celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration location!jazziesmomaDined on 8/31/2014Great place to celebrate a special occasion! The meat is awesome and all the sides are great. It is well worth the price and we will be back! We took our sister and brother in law and they loved it. They were already thinking of who they will take there next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencefoodcriticbeast86Dined on 8/30/2014Traditional Brazilian skewer experience. Meat lover paradise, vegetarians worst nightmare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, ExpensiveJudithHaywardDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is unique in that one can sample many different meats (beef, pork, chicken, lamb) prepared in a variety of ways. Even though it's all-you-can-eat, it's expensive at $55 per person, not including beverages or dessert. It's great for a special occasion -- or if you're trying to impress someone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind experience49erFan2Dined on 8/30/2014Went here to celebrate my g/friends bday. I was concerned about the price since I had gone online---however you get your money's worth. I think the green/red idea is great. I know the main course was the variety/different types of meat but the rice and lasagna available as part of the buffet was delicious. We left beyond stuffed but fulfilled. The different types of meat available was amazing to say the least. All the waiters/servers were friendly and helpful. At the end, they gave my gfriend a nice candle light ice cream gift. Overall, great experience. We'll be back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great ServiceFoodlover123Dined on 8/19/2014Friendly and warm welcome when entering this restaurant. Good for group gathering. Nice meat and salad bar. Great services too...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014All Meats seem very rare. Even chicken didn't look all the way done. Did not have heart of palm which is one of the dishes we were looking forward to. It was super noisy too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The only part that I didn't like was that we had reservations and we still had to wait a pretty long time other than that everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet and saltythevivsterDined on 8/16/2014Came here on a Saturday night to celebrate my dad's birthday. Turns out everyone was celebrating their birthdays too. Parking is limited, so come earlier to grab street spots. Seating was quick, almost seconds after our reservation. Seating arrangements were a bit tight, but would have felt more comfortable with more room and less noise. Food-wise, the appetizers and side dishes were great and delicious. Good variety of vegetables and grains, and even some special chef's dishes. I'm glad I was able to try almost every type of meat they offered. Waiters are polite and patient. The only downside is that the meats were a tad too salty for me, which led to a headache after. Overall, ended with a big check, but was a good first experience.Special Features:
- steak4meDined on 8/16/2014I have been here for lunch and dinner, and I do not find much of a difference in the food though there is a higher price for dinner. For the same amount of money, I'd rather go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse frankly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLadyblueyez26Dined on 8/16/2014If you love meat, different varieties you will love this place, so much to choose from. Salad bar had a variety to choose from hot bar had white rice and their version of rice, vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- etknoxVIPDined on 8/13/2014The coconut sorbet was a great way to end the delicious meal.Special Features:
- Sweet AnniversaryjoeMirDined on 8/12/2014We are busy business owners, it was our anniversary and we didn't want to skip it because of the heavy week we were having. We decided on Espetus and it was perfect. We beat the crowds by dining early 5:30ish and the food was fantastic, ambiance was great. Every person that came to our table was very pleasant. I'm not much of a carnivore but you won me over with your Top Sirloin :) We were able to forget about work and enjoy our food and conversation. It was pretty much a perfect anniversary dinner for us. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereLucyLuDined on 8/9/2014Outstanding service, good food and a great atmosphere to celebrate s special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialEatNEnjoyDined on 8/9/2014Friendly welcome, precise rotation of skewers, carvers accommodating, tantalizing buffet bar, experience was extraordinary and remarkable.Special Features:
- Great experienceRDC1Dined on 8/4/2014Very high quality salad bar and meats. The only thing to note is to be ready to turn off the service to allow yourself to get caught up. Once you turn the nob to green, the meat starts coming out at a steady pace. And then you start eating too fast to keep up when what you should do is turn the nob to red to stop the delicious onslaught.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2014Rivaled the more known Fugo de Chao for Brazilian churrasaria. Staff and gauchos were extremely attentive and flowed well with high demand meats. More selection and quality salad and side dishes - Brazilian potato salad, artichoke, taboullah, couscous, prosciutto, stew. All sides complimented the delicious, succulent, moist meats. Best was the lamb and second was anything with bacon. Highly recommend for special occasion and extremely convenient for Sun brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mom's bday lunchkweenpinDined on 8/2/2014I went here cuz I knew my mom was a meat eater. The ambiance I thought would be great for her. She just loved the place. I thought for the price, we could've gotten more. Lunch plus three drinks for 3 people was $175. It's not bad, but I wanted more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occassionsTinTinDined on 7/31/2014Came here for a birthday dinner for the boyfriend on a Thursday night. Overall good experience. Meat was always coming to our table and the manager was very attentive. I noted in my reservation that it would be a "birthday dinner," and they "surprised" us with a birthday ice cream and song at the end of our meal, which made our dinner even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, dry meat, overpriced.CarnivoreLeoDined on 7/30/2014I've been to Churrascaria's in Las Vegas, and Southern California. I've not been to the Pampas in Palo Alto yet, but I will try it. With tax, it's 60$ a person if you don't order anything else. A little higher then others. But the worst part was trying to find meat that wasn't burned or dried out. The chicken and pork in particular was very dried. The larger cuts, you could have them cut the dried piece off, to get to something a little tastier. The seasoning was good. But all the smaller cuts, and the lamb were dry. Staff was mostly attentive, and pleasant.Special Features:
- Must TryHappyVIPDined on 7/27/2014Fantastic! Really good fresh, nicely seasoned food. I do not eat meat, but found the salad bar to be outstanding. My family does eat meat and was celebrating my Mother's 80th Birthday. Espetus is now crossed off her bucket list of must enjoys even though she didn't know it existed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014We happily waddled out after having a huge lunch selection! Yes we will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been the bestSusanDined on 7/26/20141st time at Espetus. From Southern California where we have several of these. Overall the ambiance and setting was great. Clean, organized, and well presented. I love that the staff is well dressed in restaurant uniforms. Food was well prepared and flavorful. Our waitress who initially greeted us was helpful but she never checked on us again since the initial visit the entire evening and we were there until closing. We had to flagged down other staff walking by in order to get refills on our appetizers (Polenta, fried bananas, and cheese bread). Was a bit ridiculous as it wasn't as packed to have that kind of lacking service. Would be better if some staff were more proactive and attentive. I would return. Hope this visit was just a one off!Special Features:
- Below AveragekreayshunistVIPDined on 7/25/2014It sounds very promising, but the food is just not particularly good. The sides table has a surprising amount of Arabic selections, but hardly anything fitting for a Brazilian steakhouse. Service also isn't particularly good. When the wrong beer was delivered to the table and I pointed it out the waitress' reaction stopped just short of accusing me of lying. When she brought the correct bottle of beer and proceeded to pour it at the table the difference in color was obvious. Instead of saying anything at all she just left in a huff. This restaurant has potential, but not with the current staff.
- Fun and differentAtoZVIPDined on 7/25/2014We went for a birthday dinner. Food and service was great! Only one bad thing, they show having shrimp on the website but they no longer serve shrimp, I love it and was excited for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST EXPERIENCE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014This was the 2nd time my family ate at Espetus Churrascaria for lunch! A MUST EXPERIENCE to be put on anybody's bucket list to try in the SF Bay Area! Great Food! Great Staff! and Beautiful Decor for your enjoyment!Special Features:
- Live2EatVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to the SF location as well as this one. This one was comparable to the SF location in terms of food and service. The sides bar was quite good and we didn't find any items we didn't like. It is very hard to not fill up on these alone. The different meats were pretty good. The chicken was a bit dry and parts of my filet were a bit tough but otherwise it was fantastic. My wife usually does get dessert but did not on this occasion so i cannot comment on the desserts. The grilled pineapple was plenty for me for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodAmberdhdDined on 7/15/2014Wonderful experience at this establishment. Service was excellent and food was out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for.FoodForBellyDined on 7/15/2014The hostess was kind. although my fiancé and i were 30 minutes early of our reservations, the hostess was gracious enough to seat us immediately. We did get seated next to a group of atleast 6 people. One of those 6 was a little too loud. It may have been the alcohol that induced her long lasting laughs that seemed more annoying than enjoyable. But, about the restaurant and the service, It was excellent. The meats were fantastic. The foods at the salad bar were good, especially the Brazilian chicken pot pie. Because i told espetus it was a celebration of my fiances birthday, complimentary dessert wine and ice cream was served. Definately go there for phenomenal food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!poizunDined on 7/13/2014Everything was so delicious! We tried not to eat too much of the hot dishes near the salad bar but they were all too good to pass up. Service was very good from beginning to end. We'll be coming back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.... Good service!!!BdaytreatDined on 7/13/2014We went there to celebrate my friends birthday and I'm so happy that I chose this place.... we are all very satisfied with the food and the service staff. We left the place with a big smile on our face and a very full tummy!!!!!! 😄😃😀😊☺️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice splurge.ClaradiseDined on 7/5/2014I like this place. Saturday being the best night to go I think. More variety of meat I think. It's fun and the buffet section is nice too. I wish they would include some dessert with your dinner. A tiny one would be okay but it's not that big of a deal. Pace yourselves and just enjoy the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.