Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
710 South B Street
San Mateo, CA 94401Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetus.com/
- Phone: (650) 342-8700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Teles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: There is plenty of street parking around the restaurant. If you prefer a private parking garage, the closest one is located on B Street/4th Ave.
- Private Party Facilities: Book your next event at Espetus Churrascaria. Our professional staff will make your private event one to be remembered. For more information or to plan your next successful meeting or event, contact our Event's Coordinator at 415-552-8792.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Love 4155528792x
- Entertainment: Espetus Churrascaria in San Mateo hosts Caipi-hour every Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. In the restaurant’s lounge, guests can enjoy, with the purchase of a cocktail, a complimentary sampling of hors d' oeuvres. Bar specials priced at just $6.00 include such cocktails as a Caipirinha and a Brazilian Mojito. In addition, there is live musical entertainment without a cover charge.
- Special Events: Please contact Amanda Love, events manager, to inquiry about banquets and special events at 415-552-8792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo
At Espetus, dining is a sensory experience of culinary style and variety. As a true Brazilian steakhouse, Espetus - which means skewer in Portuguese - features Churrasco techniques. This culinary tradition dates back three centuries, when gauchos, or Southern Brazilian cowboys, slowly roasted meat over open flame pits. For a prix fixe, all-inclusive price, diners select their favorites from unlimited premium choices like steak, lamb, pork or chicken, brought straight from grill to table. Incredible side dishes range from fresh salads to specialties like paella. The sleek, modern surroundings are accented with oil paintings of life in the Brazilian highlands. At the marble-topped bar, there’s a large, chilled jar of homemade sangria and extensive local and imported wines, with Malbec a favorite. You can also try the Brazilian national cocktail, the Caipirinha. Dining at Espetus is nothing less than a feast of traditional Brazilian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo - Best Restaurants in San Mateo ›
Espetus Churrascaria - San Mateo reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)good for groups (108)fit for foodies (77)great for lunch (42)romantic (38)hot spot (35)neighborhood gem (32)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (13)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Capp76Dined on 11/14/2014I want to thank Open Table for making my reservation without headache of calling the restaurant and spelling my 10 letter Samoan last name 8x. The manager of this location is what makes the price & your overall experience a Great one to remember and to come back again and again. This man and his staff understand the definition of customer service. The various options of meat and buffet items soeak for themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service.ltovarDined on 11/8/2014I brought my husband here for his birthday and was 100% satisfied. Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was great. I absolutely would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and ExpensiveSurprisedDined on 11/8/2014We went for our 19 year old's birthday. 6 of us. Hard to hear each other speaking at a round table. Was very surprised at the price fixed price. Food was good, but too high for sitting in a noisy cafeteria and hitting the salad bar.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceMajestyDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had lunch on Saturday and were very impressed. I have eaten at a Brazilian steakhouse in Las Vegas and Espetus was far superior in every way. The food was spectacular and service superb. It was my birthday and I was given a delightful dessert along with the Belgian chocolate cake that we ordered. The chocolate cake dessert was the best dessert that we have ever eaten. We highly recommend Espetus for a special dining experience that you will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very GoodPlayitAgainDined on 11/3/2014The staff was very friendly. The manager went around to greet the tables. The food servers were very friendly and said a few jokes to keep the mood up. I definitely will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodricosuavecitoDined on 11/2/2014Was great no complaints. Lots of meat, meat meat and more meat soooooooo gooood I want more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014An entertaining and delicious dining experience. Loved the variety & international flair of the buffet and not your ordinary salad/appetizer line. I must say however, when we got the bill, it blew me away. My husband and I ordered 1 glass of house wine each and it was $28. This added to our whole meal, plus 1 dessert & tip came to $180. It was our 30th wedding anniversary so I guess I'll excuse it. Over-indulging is fine once in awhile but I won't make this restaurant my frequent go-to-place.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great experience!TlewciousDined on 11/1/2014Espetus was wonderful! I made reservations and was seated on time upon my guests arrival. The food was to die for! The service was wonderful except for a few times when "the system" was disregarded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats !!FoodieLoverDined on 11/1/2014Went for a special occasion... good service Good selection at salad bar ... includes enough hot entrees for folks who aren't into TOO much meat . Everyone in my dining party enjoyed it too, Would recommend and will dine again at this restaurant .Special Features:
- MEAT!!!DarthJankyDined on 11/1/2014Now they have a salad bar that is pretty good and so other dishes that are tasty, but honestly you come here for the meat. I've been to the San Francisco location and the San Mateo is just as good if not better. The food was great, the staff was very attentive and on certain nights they have a live band. You won't go wrong with this place.Special Features:
- EspetusMitchTDined on 10/30/2014We had a great anniversary dinner at Espetus. The various grilled meats were all excellent but my favorite was the top sirloin. Very comfortable ambience, and the waiters are very attentive and courteous. Overall, great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKeokiDined on 10/28/2014Great food and service!!!! Make sure you go on an empty stomach LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to CelebrateGoodEatsDined on 10/26/2014Espetus is a fun place to go for a special birthday celebration. We took my husband there for lunch for his 55th birthday. It seemed as if almost every table there was celebrating a birthday. The staff comes and sings a song for you and brings you a nice dessert for your birthday. It was fun. The sides and salad bar were delicious and of course there was so much meat...you could eat to your heart's content. The service was good and everyone left full and happy. Special dining experience, but pricey. Lunch is a better deal than dinner.Special Features:
- good food, very priceysunnyDined on 10/25/2014While the per person price is $55, with tax and tip is more like $75. Overall, meats were tasty, salad bar good, service was excellent. Lots of people celebrating birthdays, which draws in large crowds. So you'd think they might do a discount for birthday parties...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food was awesome! Service was good, kind of pricey. Parking was horrible.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningcherbear65Dined on 10/18/2014Our family came to celebrate a 13th birthday. Making the reservations through Open Table was very easy and the restaurant was great as noting my comment of the birthday, so we didn't have to pull someone aside during the evening to help make it special. The sides and salad bar are amazing - a meal in themselves. And of course the meats are the stars. We didn't have an opportunity to try them all (some, sadly never made it to our table), but we certainly had a wonderful meal. I took a star off for the missing visits and another for very slow services on our drink orders (soda and bar service) and a forgotten dessert. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChurrasqueriakikelinVIPDined on 10/17/2014One of the best churrasquerias that I has visit. Top quality in the meat, and outstanding service.
- fun2dineoutVIPDined on 10/17/2014Went for son's b'day lunch. Excellent timely attentive service. Huge variety of salads/side dishes as well as several hot items in chafing dishes that were quite tasty. But of course, highlight is when the servers bring meats to your table & carve pieces such as red wine steak, chicken hearts, chicken thighs, parmesan pork, sirloin. The meat is beautifully seasoned/prepared. Sirloin was particularly outstanding. Wait staff well groomed/courteous. Offered water refills/new plates promptly. A lovely experience. Lunch is best value if you are nor a big eater/meat eater. Plenty of items for vegan/vegetarian if attending meat lover's function. My son has always gone to dinner so he missed grilled pineapple in particular but still content.Special Features:
- birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014it was my birthday and a close friend and decided to try Espetus Churrascaria, and good thing it was a great meal , experience, and I can not get over the service hands down best service I ever had in a restaurant. I will be going back there for sure with other celebrations of family members. it was a expensive dinner but well worth it. I would say I wish parking was a little better, but not a big deal really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian BombKathybDined on 10/11/2014I have eaten at 7 different Brazilian restaurants and I would rate this one at a 6-7. I might have given it more but when the waitress asked me how the food was I said it was good but I like their sister restaurant in sf better. She told us we ate too fast and didn't get all the selections. I think when you gone thru most offerings 2 and 3 times I thinks that qualifies as sampling "everything". The quality of meat was not that of their affiliate. The salad bar was fresh, unique but not always well stocked. They did accommodated my request to change reservation time.Special Features:
- Great meatsChrisMcDDined on 10/11/2014They have a very nice variety of never ending meats and lots of other sides to choose from. Pricey but a nice spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just OKEdwinSDined on 10/8/2014It was a good experience and it was a chance to experience another culture for a brief moment in time. The food just wasn't equal to the cost and I have no problem paying for good food, in this case it just wasn't up to par.Special Features:
- Standout customer servicejjbfDined on 10/7/2014Had a great time at Espetus. The food was delicious; I loved that there are so many different types and cuts of meat. One of my favorites was the parmesan pork. What really stood out was the customer service. My boyfriend and I were there for our 6-year anniversary, but neither of us put in any sort of special request or had even let the restaurant know. The waitress in charge of our table figured it out herself and gave us an anniversary dessert even without us asking! Thank you very much.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner2die4Dined on 10/5/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary dinner. We had great friendly customer service from all the workers. The good was absolutely delicious and many variety of meats. The specialty drinks were very tasty as well. If you like meat, is highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Heaven!!!LarryVIPDined on 10/5/2014I thought about going to a prime rib house for my 38th birthday, but decided that I could have all i care to eat RIBs at a Brazilian Steakhouse. I am always happy when I arrive at Espetus, because the service is excellent, you can ask for specific items (like the mint Jelly to pair with the Lamb), and they bend over backwards to make you happy. The cost has increased quite a bit, and I unfortunately, always leave UNHAPPY because I've eaten too much and need to go for a walk before I can even think of lying down and going to sleep (also, because it's a hefty bill for just two people). Regardless, COME HERE if you enjoy meat! I would strongly encourage you to come for lunch if you can, it will allow time for the meat to settle before night.Special Features:
- Oso2k13Dined on 10/5/2014Great variety of meats !! Evrything's cook perfectly.....Outstanding service !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencemunchinmanDined on 10/4/2014Very good salad bar and a fantastic selection of meats like filet mignon, top sirloin, beef ribs, chicken, and pork. I had a half bottle of a pinot noir from Chile that went really well with the meal, and we also ordered mojitos and a martini from the bar which everyone liked. Our only mild complaint is that our reservation was at 7:30 and we arrived on time, but still had to wait half an hour to be seated. The good thing is that once you are seated you start eating right away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late person arrivalCaEducatorDined on 10/4/2014We had one of our party members make it at the last minute. Really, he made it when we were on desserts. They were very accommodating and attentive to his food needs. They treated him as if he was there the whole time. And we never felt rushed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Brazilian rodizio restaurantBrazilian2014Dined on 9/28/2014As a Brazilian, I must say Espetus took me back to Brazil. The meats are very well prepared and the feijoada was amazing. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service needs improvementfoodonicDined on 9/27/2014We had reservation via open table. Yet we were made to wait for over 30 minutes! We had to rush through our dinner because of that. Otherwise the good was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers HavenAvidFan1234Dined on 9/27/2014Love the Garlic Parmesan Meat the most. The meats are juicy, tender and sooo tasty. So many sides and salad to choose from. The receptionists and servers are very accomodating and attentive. The ambience is cozy but a little crowded. The waiting area is awesome...love the animal/leather theme on the seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday!FoodLoverDined on 9/25/2014Amazing food for my birthday! Came near opening and the buffet food was so fresh I wanted to eat more but saved my appettite for the rolling round of meats that came by. The pineapple with the meat was fantastic! Everyone was so stuffed and they surprised me with an icecream and candle for my birthday! Came with a baby and they had an optional car seat holder. It is pricey but oh so worth it! I liked the live Jazz music in the background. So full that we walked around the block before heading home!Special Features:
- Very priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food options are abundant (specifically on meat choices) but it is pricey. For a family of 4 it is well over $250 with wine. Not sure it is worth that much money.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner at it's bestMCR1Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed the staff, service, food and drinks. I made reservations for my boyfriends birthday; The dinner exceeded his expectations and the food was delicious! It was a score in my book, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good not greatbaboonDined on 9/16/2014If all the meat was as good as the lamb it would have been amazing. It seemed to lack seasoning and just not wonderful. Don't get me wrong it was good just not anything that special. They did bring a birthday ice cream out since we celebrating a birthday which I thought was really nice. Wine and drinks were very good! We were a little disappointed that we went and it wasn't happy hour but enjoyed drinks anyways. Overall everything was good (not outstanding) and I don't think it was worth the price tag that went with it.Special Features:
- quality meat, spot on servicetuttoatavolaDined on 9/12/2014The servers were like a well oiled machine, but not machines, like friendly people who allowed you to have a relaxed meal. Delicious meat and sides, we enjoyed the pineapple hot from the grill. Extensive wine list. A great place to celebrate with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterLOBSTERDined on 9/10/2014Excellent. Everything was perfect, from the relaxing bossa nova combo in the bar, to the outstanding food and service! Very special place.Special Features:
- Totally AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Heard a lot about this restaurant-nothing but rave reviews-I would say It did not disappoint -the variety of side dishes and taste was excellent and the 14 different kinds of skewered meats was OUT OF THIS WORLD !!! -Each one had its own unique taste & flavor and was tender and juicy. the meats kept coming non-stop till you could Not eat anymore.The ambiance was fantastic-the location was easy to find and free parking was abundant.TOTALLY satisfied with the whole experience......5 stars- Thumbs up !!! My entire family cannot wait to go again and have future plans for birthdays-parts-celebrations etc !!!!Special Features:
- Come with an appetite!JulesDined on 9/7/2014Very good service. The salads and side dishes are very unique and delicious. The meat selections were varied and cooked to perfection. It's a fun experience having the meat served from long skewers right at the table. Our waiter was very entertaining and informative.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurant, great service!BabijoniVIPDined on 9/6/2014Don't miss Espetus Churrascaria and bring your appetite. The service is spot on, beautiful salad/good bar, excellent wine selection and of course the meat, the apex of the experience is delicious. If you've never experienced a brazillian steak house this is the spot! Bon appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.