Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
1686 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetus.com/
- Phone: 4155528792x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Teles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information please contact Amanda Love at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-552-8792.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Love 4155528792x10
- Special Events: Inquiry about Banquets and Special Events at http://www.espetus.com/private-dining
- Cross Street: Gough St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please note we do not validate any of these parking lots. We recommend that you check their hours and rates and use them at your own discretion.
California Parking Inc. - 1 Franklin St., San Francisco, CA 94102 P 415-468-4860
Ampco System Parking - 1650 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103 P 415-255-8601
Star Park - 1540 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94102 P 415-503-0050
A word from Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
At Espetus, dining is a sensory experience of culinary style and variety. As a true Brazilian steakhouse, Espetus - which means skewer in Portuguese - features Churrasco techniques. This culinary tradition dates back three centuries, when gauchos, or Southern Brazilian cowboys, slowly roasted meat over open flame pits. For a prix fixe, all-inclusive price, diners select their favorites from unlimited premium choices like steak, lamb, pork or chicken, brought straight from grill to table. Incredible side dishes range from fresh salads to specialties like paella. The sleek, modern surroundings are accented with oil paintings of life in the Brazilian highlands. At the marble-topped bar, there’s a large, chilled jar of homemade sangria and extensive local and imported wines, with Malbec a favorite. You can also try the Brazilian national cocktail, the Caipirinha. Dining at Espetus is nothing less than a feast of traditional Brazilian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)good for groups (107)fit for foodies (81)romantic (42)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (28)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (26)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Definitely left feeling full and satisfied. Good place for special occasions or just an evening out. Best meat I have ever tasted, very tender and juicy and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delightfulgirlgrammerDined on 10/17/2014incredible food, incredible service. Please dear god, don't bring kids here. Very nice date spot.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Incredibly delightful experience!! Had been wanting to come to Espetus for quite some time since relocating to Northern California. Finally made reservation for my Fiancé birthday. We were very and pleasantly surprised! The flowers I had delivered were waiting at a table beside the floor to celing window facing the street. It was beautiful! The atmosphere was magical and beautiful. The space was warm and inviting and the staff were kind and accommodating. The meat carvings table side was incredable! The entire experience was breathtaking and well worth the price. We will definately return with family and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmashingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great food and smashing service, hope to return on my next visit to SF.Special Features:
- Susan ROpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014The hot and cold buffet to accompany the meat was really good with a great assortment. I liked it better than the meat because the meat seemed a little over cooked and tough at lunch time.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSFResDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food and drinks. Awesome service and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stayed there 35 minSpencerDined on 9/23/2014Food was terrible. Charged 135 for 2 ppl with glass of wine each. Left after 35 min and went to the buena vista
- Unique experience, great foodGBBBDined on 9/23/2014Food, service, ambiance outstanding ,but quite expensive. We ate very early one evening, so the restaurant was not full. I suspect it might be quite noisy if full. Not only is the meat delicious, the side dishes served with the salad bar are of a very high standard.Special Features:
- OaklandGurlDined on 9/22/2014If you're a meat lover, this is the place to eat! Great meat selection, and was seasoned to perfection; the Sirloin Tri-Tip was my favorite, and the black beans and rice were to die for! It's all you can eat, but you get full quickly! Service was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereFoodloverDined on 9/22/2014Took a friend here for his birthday and it was an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Incredibly unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend has never been to a brasilian place before. It was a wonderful experience for him and I'm glad I got to show him a big part of my culture. Which is food and romance! The food is amazing. I can't wait to go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service. Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic and the servers and hosts were friendly and amazing. Loved every minute of out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brazilian Style CuisineBestBrazilDined on 9/10/2014All of the different meat selections had its own unique taste and were prepared perfectly. All of the servings were savory nothing dry. The pineapple was very nice touch. Ask for the signature sirloin one than once, it was our table's favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat meat what a treat!!2GFamilyDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food. Meat just kept coming and kept my husband happy!! Excellent service- love the uniforms by the way. Love the building and decor. Can't say I was disats with anything!! Def returning with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallMollyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Good food, good service, clean restaurant. Can't complain about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place for guys who can eatmusic4himDined on 8/25/2014I went with my friend just to celebrate 10th year of our friendship, the food was great and the experience was unique. However, because we're all girls, I don't think we ate the money's worth. It's better for the guys who can eat to go, since it's buffet. But I would go again for another special occasion! I'm glad we went for lunch, not dinner! HaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the variety of meats! Salad bar was to die for!Special Features:
- Awsome DinnerLuvyoshisDined on 8/23/2014All was great! Food, service, drinks! Loved it!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, but terrible tablecmonsnseplse1Dined on 8/18/2014The food was plentiful and as good as it always is. I had a dirty plate, after I refreshed my own plate from the salad bar, on my table way too long. We were sat in a corner by the bar, where there's no ambiance, when the table that came in right after us, with the same party size, was sat in the main dining room. I don't get it... Carvers were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in the pastNlfpcVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for dinner and this was our 4th visit, it seems they are cutting back. The meat selection was limited and the variety were definitely less than previous visits. The side dishes were excellent and one can fill up on just those. I am not sure I will return again.
- Sunday Send OffBuddhabellyDined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 11 carnivores, omnivores and herbivores. We all had a superb dining experience sampling everything. Third helpings on the "Signature Sirloin!" Don't roll out before trying the Crème de Papaya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the meat eaterpennyreviewsDined on 8/17/2014Our experience was wonderful. The waitress welcomed us immediately. The food carvers were polite, professioinal, and efficient. The buffet selection offered a great balance with fresh mango salad and arugula salad. The dessert selections sounded all appealing but the one we selected was a good ending to the meal. We plan on coming back to try some of the other offerings as we were so full yet satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no recommendationFranVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were so looking forward to our Brazilian dinner and were extremely disappointed. We have so enjoyed other Brazilian restaurants in the past. All of the meat served here was dry and over cooked. What a disappointment. Very expensive! Very awful.
- Perfect dinner with my momyummersDined on 8/16/2014We were the first ones to arrive, the host greeted us and wished my mother a happy birthday which was very sweet. We were seated right next to the window. Our server was nice, and we let him know we were dining for the first time so he explained how everything worked. We went back and forth on if we wanted to have a drink or not and he looked annoyed by us. That was the only thing bad about the service, everyone over all was very sweet and helpful. The food was so fresh and yummy, we will be coming back with our family.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent service, food, ambience. A great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodieDined on 8/14/2014Espetus continues to provide excellent food with excellent service. The menu is quite complete and offers a variety of types of food ranging from the signature meats to sumptuous salads, and also several different soups, stews, and condiments. The lunch menu is abbreviated with regard to the roasted meats but is still more than adequate for this time of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant for Carnies & VeggiesdeccodineDined on 8/12/2014We had been recommended to try this restaurant on our trip to San Francisco and we dined as a group of 11 persons, including both meat eaters and vegetarians. Everyone was catered for: the food was superbe: both the carved meats AND the salad bar. I strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Brazilian in SFTheGeokerDined on 8/9/2014I really like the flank steak there and the beef ribs. All the meats were great, but i think those were the highlights. My group had a great time, and we had no complaints about anything I would go again if I was a local for a special occasion. Thank you Espetus.Special Features:
- Great PlaceIvethDined on 8/8/2014Great place to eat meat!!! I was there 8/8/2014 for my sisters birthday. The meat servers where great!!! our server was not really attentive as well as the manager on duty but the servers were amazing! great knowledge of the meats and the food that was out. Made sure they remembered you and what you liked and didn't like. Great place I would definitely recommend this place and would go and try the other one they have. The ambiance was good there was noise but enough to be able to have a comfortable conversation. This is perfect for a date as well as a family dinner there is a bit for everyone.Special Features:
- Anther great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Took my girlfriend for her birthday and we had a great time. The food is always great. Always remember to not fill up on the salad bar. Service was good. Overall another good experience at this place. If looking to not spend too much, lunch is an excellent option. Make reservations... especially for dinner.Special Features:
- food ODfoodODDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful time. If you love food you'll love this resturant. Upon arriving were were warmly greated.the waiter walked is through everything since it was our first time. The salad bar has a great variety and let's us experience food we have never had some we like some we didn't just depends on what you like.now the meat where do I start let's start with the ribs oh my they were wonderful great flavor and I'd you want them on the bone just ask they are more than happy to give you what you want the filet sirloin chicken were just as good the pork was a little dry and didn't try the chicken hearts but my husband and our friend loved them. Can't wait to go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service, great experience! Staff is incredibly personable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodInExileVIPDined on 7/28/2014Espetus always delivers great food and friendly service in a tasteful, sophisticated space. They make you feel like family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisewestmountwestmountDined on 7/27/2014Made an easy reservation on the Web. Table was ready for our party of 9 including kids. Buffet with vegies is fresh and tasty. The meat is real good. Good wine options. Good experience and good service. A bit expensive though for an average appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014This place is awesome for celebrations as well as good food. While this is not "fine dining" the Brazilian Steakhouse concept is well executed here. Impeccable service, wonderful variety of meats, good cocktails and wine make for a fun experience. Fantastico!Special Features:
- Thank you sooo muchlostlantisDined on 7/26/2014I can't compliment you guys enough, for how you surprised my girlfriend with the birthday cake and candle, with how little hint I provided during the reservation ... We loved the energy of the people who served the food and drinks... You guys rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service - good foodZackDined on 7/26/2014While the food is very good, say two plus steps below Michael Mina, it is still worth the trip. Service is outstanding!!!!, salad / veggie bar is great and the beef selection is good. One could also have a conversation and be heard and we never felt rush-like they needed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great filet and killer cocktailsniksterDined on 7/23/2014The straight-forward (non-bacon-wrapped versions - which are also good but not as flavorsome) filet and sirloin were amazing. The Acai martini is a must - my boyfriend was a bit worried I might leave him for it! - and the buffet and breads they give you beforehand are delicious too. As ever, it is a rookie mistake to take advantage of the pre-meat dishes, but it is also nice to have an asparagus or two to wash down the twenty different meats you get offered with. With chicken hearts, parmesan steak, and ribs not even scratching the surface of what you get offered if you're brave enough to keep the signal green for the full couple of hours, there is more than enough to eat too, I promise!Special Features:
- Love meatJake2000Dined on 7/19/2014If you are a meat eater this is the place for you. AWESOME!!!!!!!Special Features: