Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
1686 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetus.com/
- Phone: 4155528792x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Robson Barreto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information please contact Amanda Love at email@example.com or call 415-552-8792.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Love 4155528792x10
- Special Events: Inquiry about Banquets and Special Events at http://www.espetus.com/private-dining
A word from Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
At Espetus, dining is a sensory experience of culinary style and variety. As a true Brazilian steakhouse, Espetus - which means skewer in Portuguese - features Churrasco techniques. This culinary tradition dates back three centuries, when gauchos, or Southern Brazilian cowboys, slowly roasted meat over open flame pits. For a prix fixe, all-inclusive price, diners select their favorites from unlimited premium choices like steak, lamb, pork or chicken, brought straight from grill to table. Incredible side dishes range from fresh salads to specialties like paella. The sleek, modern surroundings are accented with oil paintings of life in the Brazilian highlands. At the marble-topped bar, there’s a large, chilled jar of homemade sangria and extensive local and imported wines, with Malbec a favorite. You can also try the Brazilian national cocktail, the Caipirinha. Dining at Espetus is nothing less than a feast of traditional Brazilian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)good for groups (115)fit for foodies (82)romantic (51)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (26)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (16)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Awsome DinnerLuvyoshisDined on 8/23/2014All was great! Food, service, drinks! Loved it!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, but terrible tablecmonsnseplse1Dined on 8/18/2014The food was plentiful and as good as it always is. I had a dirty plate, after I refreshed my own plate from the salad bar, on my table way too long. We were sat in a corner by the bar, where there's no ambiance, when the table that came in right after us, with the same party size, was sat in the main dining room. I don't get it... Carvers were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in the pastNlfpcVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for dinner and this was our 4th visit, it seems they are cutting back. The meat selection was limited and the variety were definitely less than previous visits. The side dishes were excellent and one can fill up on just those. I am not sure I will return again.
- Sunday Send OffBuddhabellyDined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 11 carnivores, omnivores and herbivores. We all had a superb dining experience sampling everything. Third helpings on the "Signature Sirloin!" Don't roll out before trying the Crème de Papaya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the meat eaterpennyreviewsDined on 8/17/2014Our experience was wonderful. The waitress welcomed us immediately. The food carvers were polite, professioinal, and efficient. The buffet selection offered a great balance with fresh mango salad and arugula salad. The dessert selections sounded all appealing but the one we selected was a good ending to the meal. We plan on coming back to try some of the other offerings as we were so full yet satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no recommendationFranVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were so looking forward to our Brazilian dinner and were extremely disappointed. We have so enjoyed other Brazilian restaurants in the past. All of the meat served here was dry and over cooked. What a disappointment. Very expensive! Very awful.
- Perfect dinner with my momyummersDined on 8/16/2014We were the first ones to arrive, the host greeted us and wished my mother a happy birthday which was very sweet. We were seated right next to the window. Our server was nice, and we let him know we were dining for the first time so he explained how everything worked. We went back and forth on if we wanted to have a drink or not and he looked annoyed by us. That was the only thing bad about the service, everyone over all was very sweet and helpful. The food was so fresh and yummy, we will be coming back with our family.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent service, food, ambience. A great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafoodieDined on 8/14/2014Espetus continues to provide excellent food with excellent service. The menu is quite complete and offers a variety of types of food ranging from the signature meats to sumptuous salads, and also several different soups, stews, and condiments. The lunch menu is abbreviated with regard to the roasted meats but is still more than adequate for this time of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant for Carnies & VeggiesdeccodineDined on 8/12/2014We had been recommended to try this restaurant on our trip to San Francisco and we dined as a group of 11 persons, including both meat eaters and vegetarians. Everyone was catered for: the food was superbe: both the carved meats AND the salad bar. I strongly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Brazilian in SFTheGeokerDined on 8/9/2014I really like the flank steak there and the beef ribs. All the meats were great, but i think those were the highlights. My group had a great time, and we had no complaints about anything I would go again if I was a local for a special occasion. Thank you Espetus.Special Features:
- Great PlaceIvethDined on 8/8/2014Great place to eat meat!!! I was there 8/8/2014 for my sisters birthday. The meat servers where great!!! our server was not really attentive as well as the manager on duty but the servers were amazing! great knowledge of the meats and the food that was out. Made sure they remembered you and what you liked and didn't like. Great place I would definitely recommend this place and would go and try the other one they have. The ambiance was good there was noise but enough to be able to have a comfortable conversation. This is perfect for a date as well as a family dinner there is a bit for everyone.Special Features:
- Anther great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Took my girlfriend for her birthday and we had a great time. The food is always great. Always remember to not fill up on the salad bar. Service was good. Overall another good experience at this place. If looking to not spend too much, lunch is an excellent option. Make reservations... especially for dinner.Special Features:
- food ODfoodODDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful time. If you love food you'll love this resturant. Upon arriving were were warmly greated.the waiter walked is through everything since it was our first time. The salad bar has a great variety and let's us experience food we have never had some we like some we didn't just depends on what you like.now the meat where do I start let's start with the ribs oh my they were wonderful great flavor and I'd you want them on the bone just ask they are more than happy to give you what you want the filet sirloin chicken were just as good the pork was a little dry and didn't try the chicken hearts but my husband and our friend loved them. Can't wait to go back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service, great experience! Staff is incredibly personable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014The food was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodInExileVIPDined on 7/28/2014Espetus always delivers great food and friendly service in a tasteful, sophisticated space. They make you feel like family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisewestmountwestmountDined on 7/27/2014Made an easy reservation on the Web. Table was ready for our party of 9 including kids. Buffet with vegies is fresh and tasty. The meat is real good. Good wine options. Good experience and good service. A bit expensive though for an average appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for CelebrationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014This place is awesome for celebrations as well as good food. While this is not "fine dining" the Brazilian Steakhouse concept is well executed here. Impeccable service, wonderful variety of meats, good cocktails and wine make for a fun experience. Fantastico!Special Features:
- Thank you sooo muchlostlantisDined on 7/26/2014I can't compliment you guys enough, for how you surprised my girlfriend with the birthday cake and candle, with how little hint I provided during the reservation ... We loved the energy of the people who served the food and drinks... You guys rock!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service - good foodZackDined on 7/26/2014While the food is very good, say two plus steps below Michael Mina, it is still worth the trip. Service is outstanding!!!!, salad / veggie bar is great and the beef selection is good. One could also have a conversation and be heard and we never felt rush-like they needed to turn the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great filet and killer cocktailsniksterDined on 7/23/2014The straight-forward (non-bacon-wrapped versions - which are also good but not as flavorsome) filet and sirloin were amazing. The Acai martini is a must - my boyfriend was a bit worried I might leave him for it! - and the buffet and breads they give you beforehand are delicious too. As ever, it is a rookie mistake to take advantage of the pre-meat dishes, but it is also nice to have an asparagus or two to wash down the twenty different meats you get offered with. With chicken hearts, parmesan steak, and ribs not even scratching the surface of what you get offered if you're brave enough to keep the signal green for the full couple of hours, there is more than enough to eat too, I promise!Special Features:
- Love meatJake2000Dined on 7/19/2014If you are a meat eater this is the place for you. AWESOME!!!!!!!Special Features:
- It's a Carnivore SoireeitsurgirldDined on 7/19/2014My friends and I came for my birthday dinner. Our server and all of the gaucho carvers were extremely nice. My son liked his meat a little more dead and they were able to cook it a little longer for him. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of foodhrwomanDined on 7/19/2014The service was impeccable, the food was pretty good. I liked some meats better than others. It is a little pricey, but if you can eat a lot, then it will be worth the money. Just don't fill up on the salad bar.Special Features:
- fantasticonlydbestDined on 7/19/2014Loved every minute of our experience. That is what it was, an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedLazloDined on 7/18/2014I have benen to a couple of Brazilian steakhouses before and I love the concept and the food so I had pretty high expectations goding to Espetus. Unfortunately I was dissapointed. The service was good and friendly an the sallad/side buffet was pretty good, bit unfortunately the meat wasn't. I had at least one piece of almost every kind and ony one that I liked was the Serloin (the first serving) the rest was tastless and aften overcoocked.
- Nice. Expensive.AHWCADined on 7/17/2014This is a steak house... Not especially great for a foodie. The salad bar was quite nice. The meat was good, but not worth the price. Service was very good.Special Features:
- excellent serviceedoggDined on 7/16/2014The staff at espetus was amazing. I made a reservation, they seated me within 5 minutes. The staff immediately gave me water, explained how a Brazilian stake house works and ordered my drinks really quickly. The food and selection of meat was excellent. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungryRubyxCubeDined on 7/14/2014This is my second time at Espetus - SF. Both experiences were great -- friendly and attentive staff, restaurant was clean and presentable, meats were prepared to a nice "done-ness". Some of them were a bit on the saltier side but still great. I would suggest this restaurant for special occasions. Expect to eat a lot. Great food and great service does not come cheap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Churrascaria in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/13/2014We have been coming to Espetus for over 10 years and have never been disappointed. Hands down best Churrascaria in the Bay Area. Flavors are so consistent and the selection of meats is wonderful. We look forward to every next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEAT MEAT MEAT!ITSACHEUNGDined on 7/12/2014If you're a red meat lover, you definitely need to try! Their salad bar has an amazing and exotic variety as well! I also fell in love with their cheeseball appetizers :)Special Features:
- Meat!LDNDDined on 7/12/2014Expensive, like everything else in SF -- but the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great foodBlazeDined on 7/11/2014Everything was excellent, people were very friendly and the atmosphere was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent qualityJemmh50Dined on 7/10/2014We've been to many churascurias, and the food quality here is excellent. Watch the caiperinos, tho. At $11/per, the bar bill adds up quickly.Special Features:
- Definitely one of my new fave.Mauiwowie20Dined on 7/10/2014Such an amazing Resturant, my Boyfriend and I were very impressed and pleased, from the service to the delicious food (FOODPORN). Definitely coming back 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will do it again!Luv2dineDined on 7/5/2014A delicious selection of meats, sides and drinks! A little pricey, but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not worth the pricehawngirlsDined on 7/4/2014- Overall: * Everything was fine, but not extraordinary, which didn't justify the $85 per person price tag (dinner + 1 glass of wine + tax and tip). * I might go back if the dinner price were $35 (instead of $55). - Food: * Great variety on the buffet, but again, not mind blowing. * The various cuts of meat were hit and miss in terms of flavor and texture. - Service: * We never had to wait long, and the waiters would send over specific cuts of meat upon request. - Ambience: * A lot more casual than I expected.
- Multiple great meals at EspetusMonaDined on 7/4/2014We've been coming to Espetus for about five years, and the high quality of the experience has remained consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many options!CrablasagnadoitDined on 7/3/2014There were so many great options of meat! Everything was great. Salad bar was also but don't fill up on it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.