Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
1686 Market St
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetus.com/
- Phone: (415) 552-8792
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm, Saturday-Sunday: 12:00pm-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm-9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Brazilian Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Teles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For information please contact Amanda Love at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-552-8792.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Love 4155528792x10
- Special Events: Inquiry about Banquets and Special Events at http://www.espetus.com/private-dining
- Cross Street: Gough St.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please note we do not validate any of these parking lots. We recommend that you check their hours and rates and use them at your own discretion.
California Parking Inc. - 1 Franklin St., San Francisco, CA 94102 P 415-468-4860
Ampco System Parking - 1650 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103 P 415-255-8601
Star Park - 1540 Market St., San Francisco, CA 94102 P 415-503-0050
A word from Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco
At Espetus, dining is a sensory experience of culinary style and variety. As a true Brazilian steakhouse, Espetus - which means skewer in Portuguese - features Churrasco techniques. This culinary tradition dates back three centuries, when gauchos, or Southern Brazilian cowboys, slowly roasted meat over open flame pits. For a prix fixe, all-inclusive price, diners select their favorites from unlimited premium choices like steak, lamb, pork or chicken, brought straight from grill to table. Incredible side dishes range from fresh salads to specialties like paella. The sleek, modern surroundings are accented with oil paintings of life in the Brazilian highlands. At the marble-topped bar, there’s a large, chilled jar of homemade sangria and extensive local and imported wines, with Malbec a favorite. You can also try the Brazilian national cocktail, the Caipirinha. Dining at Espetus is nothing less than a feast of traditional Brazilian flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness ›
Espetus Churrascaria - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)good for groups (98)fit for foodies (88)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (26)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very fun night.PeterBDined on 11/21/2014Food was good. Salad bar was very good. Meats were good. Wine list was good. Loved that the tables were not on top of each other. Make sure you like meat. Make sure you go hungry. Make sure you take time. I felt pressured when I really wasn't. A good place to linger and eat for awhile over a good bottle of wine. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceChopVIPDined on 11/16/2014Found this place on Open Table while visiting San Fran and were pleasantly surprised. Service was fabulous and the food was never ending... we both left with extremely full bellies! Wouldn't hesitate to go again when in town and would definitely recommend. My only negative comment, I found some of the beef a little salty, but it was very tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than we rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/15/2014We came to celebrate a birthday (a lot of people do) and Espetus was the perfect choice for the night. There is something for everyone (incl a vegetarian). The meat selections were delicious, staff attentive and we had a great time. It had been some years since our last visit, but we hope to be back sooner rather than later! Thank you Espetus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GreatOutstandingDined on 11/13/2014When a resturant has great food, great staff, and a wonderful location; you need not say much. The food and staff says it all with the taste, variety, and excellent customer focused service. I can just say thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration of new jobSmoochy1Dined on 11/9/2014Celebrated my smooch getting new job. Seated by window in bar. Great salad bar paella wAs to die for. Gauchos delivered assorted with all being hot and done to perfection. A must is the sirloin. Chicken was tAsty but a little dry. WillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaktacularSanFranSteveVIPDined on 11/8/2014Espetus is definitely pricey. However, the all the meats brought to the table were excellent, including the non-beef options. The little "stop/go" sign is very necessary, as the service is so attentive, the parade of meat being brought to the table simply does not stop unless you switch the sign. The salad bar area is very nice, as are the additional entree items in chafing dishes to the side. If your focus is on the steaks, however, I recommend that you have minimal salads and breads, in order to leave more room. After all, I went there for the meat, not the paella! There was a minor mixup with my reservation when I arrived, but the hostess was able to accommodate us. Have your OpenTable app available to verify your RSVP, if needed!Special Features:
- Consistantly OutstandingOutstandingDined on 11/5/2014From the time you enter the resturant you are made to be special. The food is unmatched in San Francisco. The wines are outstanding. Q.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classy Brazilian SteakhousesramjiVIPDined on 11/5/2014This is a great place for a business dinner. The churrascaria style means that there is no wasted time spent on ordering, just on eating great food. The staff are enthusiastic but not obsequious. The quality of the food is outstanding - as good as I've eaten in Sao Paolo.Special Features:
- Meat lovers dreamRlrcoasterDined on 10/31/2014Nice modern ambiance but still comfortable. Drinks are good, but EXPENSIVE ($15 Cosmo). Salad bar is abundant, but don't fill up there! Once you flip the green sign up in your table, meat carrying waiters will flock to your table with cuts of many types of meat. Everything was delicious, perfectly cooked. However, we felt a bit annoyed they were delivering food way too fast. The staff needs to slow it down . We had a very nice red wine from Argentina that perfectly matched our food, a slightly fruity but flavorful taste, at about $44/bottle. All totaled, for two persons it came to just about $300, so this is for special occasions or expense accounts. Note: forget about trying to park SFMTAhas removed every space in the entire area.Special Features:
- Consistently ConsistentaBrandNewMadameDined on 10/25/2014Been here a number of times and will continue to frequent this location. Service and staff is professional and courteous. Food is always prepared perfectly and is tasty. Its an all you can eat set-up for those that enjoy and appreciate good food and quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore's DreamkevdaveDined on 10/25/2014Don't come here if you're a vegetarian, because the meat is definitely the stand out at Espetus. High quality cuts, impressive variety, and awesome service!Special Features:
- Meat, Meat, Meat - great!!!EuropeanSteakLoverDined on 10/24/2014Been there for the third timing, the meat was awesome again! There was a lot of noise, so it was no deal for a quiet, romatic dinner. But the meat was the star. Don't eat too much salad and starters to avoid being filled up, before the meat starts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Quality of the meatLeonardo76Dined on 10/23/2014Definatelty a place for meat lovers. Excellent attention, quality of the food and the wine list is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasy Feast meets downtown diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014My husband and I have heard great things about Espetus. We were undersold!!! The atmosphere and staff make the restaraunt inviting, the amazing meats makes your inhibitions about when you are "full" disappear. The experience lets you try whatever cut you desire not once, not twice but as often as you like! Very rarely does a diner experience the urging to not leave or hurry but to stay and relish the offerings! Not the last time I will dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievablemarkrose90Dined on 10/21/2014The whole dining experience was excellent to say the least. Espetus was the perfect date night. The servers bring around the finest meats you have ever had in your life - and they all remember what cuts you like. The restaurant was fun and ambient as well - we were so excited to dive in each time they introduced a new blast of flavor!Special Features:
- Very good!Food4thoughtDined on 10/18/2014Definitely left feeling full and satisfied. Good place for special occasions or just an evening out. Best meat I have ever tasted, very tender and juicy and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just delightfulgirlgrammerDined on 10/17/2014incredible food, incredible service. Please dear god, don't bring kids here. Very nice date spot.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Incredibly delightful experience!! Had been wanting to come to Espetus for quite some time since relocating to Northern California. Finally made reservation for my Fiancé birthday. We were very and pleasantly surprised! The flowers I had delivered were waiting at a table beside the floor to celing window facing the street. It was beautiful! The atmosphere was magical and beautiful. The space was warm and inviting and the staff were kind and accommodating. The meat carvings table side was incredable! The entire experience was breathtaking and well worth the price. We will definately return with family and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmashingGeekDined on 10/8/2014Great food and smashing service, hope to return on my next visit to SF.Special Features:
- Susan ROpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014The hot and cold buffet to accompany the meat was really good with a great assortment. I liked it better than the meat because the meat seemed a little over cooked and tough at lunch time.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSFResDined on 9/26/2014Delicious food and drinks. Awesome service and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stayed there 35 minSpencerDined on 9/23/2014Food was terrible. Charged 135 for 2 ppl with glass of wine each. Left after 35 min and went to the buena vista
- Unique experience, great foodGBBBDined on 9/23/2014Food, service, ambiance outstanding ,but quite expensive. We ate very early one evening, so the restaurant was not full. I suspect it might be quite noisy if full. Not only is the meat delicious, the side dishes served with the salad bar are of a very high standard.Special Features:
- OaklandGurlDined on 9/22/2014If you're a meat lover, this is the place to eat! Great meat selection, and was seasoned to perfection; the Sirloin Tri-Tip was my favorite, and the black beans and rice were to die for! It's all you can eat, but you get full quickly! Service was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereFoodloverDined on 9/22/2014Took a friend here for his birthday and it was an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Incredibly unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My boyfriend has never been to a brasilian place before. It was a wonderful experience for him and I'm glad I got to show him a big part of my culture. Which is food and romance! The food is amazing. I can't wait to go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service. Awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic and the servers and hosts were friendly and amazing. Loved every minute of out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brazilian Style CuisineBestBrazilDined on 9/10/2014All of the different meat selections had its own unique taste and were prepared perfectly. All of the servings were savory nothing dry. The pineapple was very nice touch. Ask for the signature sirloin one than once, it was our table's favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat meat what a treat!!2GFamilyDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food. Meat just kept coming and kept my husband happy!! Excellent service- love the uniforms by the way. Love the building and decor. Can't say I was disats with anything!! Def returning with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallMollyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Good food, good service, clean restaurant. Can't complain about anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place for guys who can eatmusic4himDined on 8/25/2014I went with my friend just to celebrate 10th year of our friendship, the food was great and the experience was unique. However, because we're all girls, I don't think we ate the money's worth. It's better for the guys who can eat to go, since it's buffet. But I would go again for another special occasion! I'm glad we went for lunch, not dinner! HaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the variety of meats! Salad bar was to die for!Special Features:
- Awsome DinnerLuvyoshisDined on 8/23/2014All was great! Food, service, drinks! Loved it!!!!!Special Features:
- Great food, but terrible tablecmonsnseplse1Dined on 8/18/2014The food was plentiful and as good as it always is. I had a dirty plate, after I refreshed my own plate from the salad bar, on my table way too long. We were sat in a corner by the bar, where there's no ambiance, when the table that came in right after us, with the same party size, was sat in the main dining room. I don't get it... Carvers were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in the pastNlfpcVIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for dinner and this was our 4th visit, it seems they are cutting back. The meat selection was limited and the variety were definitely less than previous visits. The side dishes were excellent and one can fill up on just those. I am not sure I will return again.
- Sunday Send OffBuddhabellyDined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 11 carnivores, omnivores and herbivores. We all had a superb dining experience sampling everything. Third helpings on the "Signature Sirloin!" Don't roll out before trying the Crème de Papaya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the meat eaterpennyreviewsDined on 8/17/2014Our experience was wonderful. The waitress welcomed us immediately. The food carvers were polite, professioinal, and efficient. The buffet selection offered a great balance with fresh mango salad and arugula salad. The dessert selections sounded all appealing but the one we selected was a good ending to the meal. We plan on coming back to try some of the other offerings as we were so full yet satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no recommendationFranVIPDined on 8/16/2014We were so looking forward to our Brazilian dinner and were extremely disappointed. We have so enjoyed other Brazilian restaurants in the past. All of the meat served here was dry and over cooked. What a disappointment. Very expensive! Very awful.
- Perfect dinner with my momyummersDined on 8/16/2014We were the first ones to arrive, the host greeted us and wished my mother a happy birthday which was very sweet. We were seated right next to the window. Our server was nice, and we let him know we were dining for the first time so he explained how everything worked. We went back and forth on if we wanted to have a drink or not and he looked annoyed by us. That was the only thing bad about the service, everyone over all was very sweet and helpful. The food was so fresh and yummy, we will be coming back with our family.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent service, food, ambience. A great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.