Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse
1396 Beach Boulevard
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.espetosteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (904) 388-4884
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rosane and Breno Verlangieri
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Brazilian Rodízio (Hoh-gee-zee-oh) is perfect for large groups, corporate events and presentations, as it allows guests to network while savoring flavorful food. A parade of 15 cuts of mouthwatering roasted meat complemented for a gourmet salad bar, a great view and a full bar in Avondale.
- Private Party Contact: Rosane Verlangieri 9043884884x
- Entertainment: TV at the Bar
A word from Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse
Authentic Brazilian cuisine is what diners will find at Espeto Brazilian Steak House. The traditional Brazilian Churrascaria (Shoo-has-kah-ree-ah) offers Full Rodizio (Hoh-gee-zee-hoh)dining experience. Featuring 14 different kinds of meat, including Rib Eye, Flank Steak, Picanha(Brazilian style Top Sirloin), Lamb and Fillet Mignon, each delicious option is seasoned and slow-roasted to perfection, then carved fresh at your table. The hearty meat options are complemented by an upscale hot and cold buffet and a fresh salad bar. Patrons enjoy beautiful water views and a full bar, featuring Caipirinha, a traditional Brazilian drink. Experience a taste of Brazil with Espeto Brazilian Steak House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Always SpecialSjbrownpsuDined on 8/23/2014Espeto is our go to place for a special event, both for family or for business. This is the carnivore's delight, with no reason to choose just one meat, you get them all. Looking forward to their new location, but sad to see them farther away. We will make the drive, it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining.Foodie82Dined on 8/14/2014Great food and not crowded. Waitstaff was very attentive to our every need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Espeto Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Worth the DriveVaxation1Dined on 7/19/2014We made a 25 minute drive to try out this restaurant. Location isn't prime, but it was easy to get to and offers a nice view of the river. Would like to have seen more hot veggies, but all of the meat served was flavorful, tender and cooked nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what you get.SatnitedinersDined on 7/19/2014Chicken and pork was undercooked. Long wait time between types of meat. Not great food. Salad bar didn't have very many choices. Not a great part of town.Special Features:
- The BestcatladyDined on 6/25/2014Best food and service. Always consistent. Love Espeto!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!foodie4everDined on 5/25/2014We have eaten at Espeto many times and today was especially good! We brought my son for the first time and he had a great time also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceYankeegal51Dined on 5/17/2014Expensive,BuTWorthTheExperienceForASpecialOccasionVeryEnjoyableAndVeryFilling...FoodsWereDelicious...ServiceWasGreat....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure of valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014This is my first time at a Brazilian steakhouse, so I am not sure if my expectations were reasonable. I kind of felt like, for the price, the food wasn't that great. It was good... but it was $70 a person for the meal, dessert, teas and coffees. I enjoy fine dining and don't shy away from spending money on food, but I am just not sure if it was $70 good compared to other meals I have had. An interesting experience, though, and I enjoyed that a lot of the sides were authentic. The service, however, was great. Well, the server was - the young woman working at the front desk seemed like she didn't want to be there.
- good but pricey!catfudDined on 5/11/20146 yo and a 19 month old and 2 adults standard fair with one desert that we shared, $132.68 not counting tip. Food was nice but be aware, I expect some charges for the kids, even if they didn't eat 8oz between the both of them, but seemed really steep. Anyway it is what it is and I'll think twice before going back, with family that is. Otherwise friendly atmosphere and ours wasn't the only kids there, i guess i should have asked. Food was good and it was a pleasant experience otherwise.Special Features:
- ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY GOODLINDAB2014Dined on 5/3/2014ESPETO IS OUR FAVORITE BRAZILIAN STEAKHOUSE. WE CELEBRATED OUR ANNIVERSARY SATURDAY NIGHT. IT WAS WONDERFUL! THE STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE TO ALL REQUESTS. THE FOOD, AS ALWAYS WAS EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceNickDined on 5/3/2014We came in with a group of 18 and the staff had no problems keeping up with food or drinks. Very polite. Great food. Great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as UsualsdenmarkDined on 4/24/2014My partner and I love Espeto, the owners and the staff. The food and service is always fantastic. This is our special occasion go-to restaurant and we love to bring out of town guest here. One of the few gems in Jacksonville that offers a change in the dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great !WolfmanJaxVIPDined on 4/24/2014Their salad bar is great. Healthy food. The gauchos that bring the food have always a smile on them. And the meat is great ! Of course . The all you can eat can be expensive if you fill your stomach with the salad bar! You can also order from a regular menu. The owner is professional and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ChangeFoodmavenDined on 4/15/2014This is a fun dining experience for those that have never experienced this rype of servive. Anpke salad bar with soup and sides available. The meat selection is on a par with Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil. but was not as tasty for me. Price is in keeping with the other high end steak houses in the area. Tip: This is not a restaurant for chikdren. Leave them at home, enjoy your meal and allow everyone else to enjoy theirs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomenessBillDined on 3/30/20142nd time eating at this location. Again exceptionally nice restaurant, in the mix of a small area, however huge on hospitality and perfection. Romantic in every way. Great staff, the entire experience.....awesome. My wife and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itDisgustedDined on 3/29/2014Well the service from the server was horrible, we would have to wait a very long time for refills, even for the server to show up was an eternity. The food was ok at best, not like other Brazilian steakhouses. There were two gauchos who were real helpful and nice one was from Colombia and the other was of Brazilian parents but other than that, this was a horrible experience; from the beginning when we were greeted by a hostess who surely did not like her job all the way to the end when we exited without so much as an acknowledgement.
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 3/21/2014Excellent service, great food and and on a nice day the seats by the lake are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten track, andOutofTownVisitorVIPDined on 3/21/2014Off the beaten track, and buried in the 2nd floor of a small mall in a non-descript neighborhood, this restaurant turns out to be overlooking the St. John's River, and has excellent food, served Brazilian style. (Of course, since Espeto means "spit" in Portuguese, the long sticks on which the 13 different delicious meats are skewered and carved at your table, coming around as many times as you can stand. The ONLY problem with this restaurant would be with people who cannot say "No more" when it all looks and tastes so delicious. Salad bar also wonderful, with Lobster Bisque as the soup of the day on the line. Unthinkable! but delicious.Special Features:
- Interesting Brazilian...rthatcherVIPDined on 3/8/2014We visited in the prime time of early Saturday night and found this 2nd floor venue to be casual to smartly dressed. As we were warmly greeted and escorted to our table, it became apparent there was a routine to be followed, or better yet, a procession of servers that appeared in waves to serve the various swords of meat (signature plate of the restaurant). I found the quality of the food served to be good, though there were some servings that were not to my taste, so I found myself waiting for particular servings or styles to arrive. The prime sirloin and the rib eye were my favorites of the procession. I look forward to returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and I loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014I loved the style of how they served us. They come around with the meat on a pole and shave off a piece or two for you. You get to try various meats for one price. Food and atmosphere was excellent! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite Food JemF00dieDined on 2/25/2014Well worth the hour long drive. The food, service and atmosphere did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014This place had great food, great service, a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always YummyRobynDined on 2/15/2014Love this restaurant. If you are a meat lover this is the place to eat. Always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The vegetables and salad selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/15/2014The vegetables and salad selection was very fresh. Some of the meat was a little dry but overall it was very good. My husband loved it. I would've preferred if the items on the salad bar were marked as to what they were. The servers did let us know what kind of meat they were bringing around. We did have to wait a little bit in between meat selections. I would have preferred that the fillet the brought out more often. And the sausage we did not see it until we had already paid and were ready to leave. And our valentine dessert was disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER PRICEDPRSRDined on 2/14/2014OVER PRICED FOR WHAT THEY SERVE. IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.
- not worth the pricefoodiejaxDined on 2/14/2014Salad bar minimal, hot side choices very limited and most meats bland.
- Better than expected2manybeersDined on 2/14/2014Great food, service and drinks. Was way better than expected. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful offeringsManyetteDined on 2/14/2014We really enjoyed the food and the experience! Don't get a lot of sides except for parings with the selections, trust me! They also offer a military discount! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never even sat down..RacheyDined on 2/13/2014I placed a reservation for 7:15 to take my fiance out for his birthday dinner. I called and spoke with a girl and had the reservation changed to 9pm since we were running behind. We showed up and were told there wasn't any coals left to cook the meat and that we couldn't eat there. WOW. I have dined here before and the food is great but this was ridiculous. They basically just told us bye and to come back soon! Very tacky and embarrassing.
- Everything great, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014When I discovered a Brazilian steakhouse so close to home in Jacksonville and with decent reviews, I was excited to take my elementary aged sons their to experience as they called it "meat on swords!". While the atmosphere, view and service were amazing, the food paled in comparison to not only the other Brazilian steakhouses I have been to, but also most mainstream chain steak houses I have been to. The red meat selections were mostly dry and overcooked and nearly everything was under-seasoned. I am truly hoping I got them on a bad night because the staff was extremely attentive and very pleasant. I can't however see paying another $42 to give them a second chance.Special Features:
- UnderratedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/31/2014The food was much better than we had expected. I have been to Brazil more than 20 times and had the real Brazilian food... For Jax, it was amazing. The owner/chef and the wife were lovely and personable. The wait staff are well trained and wonderful.Special Features:
- All about the MeatJimmyBDined on 12/6/2013The meat is the star of the meal. Salad and sides average, except for the black beans and rice which were authentic. Ambiance is lacking.Special Features:
- Wonderful all the way aroundCorporategettogetherDined on 12/5/2013We recently visited Espeto with our management team. It was an all the way around great visit. The atmosphere, food and service were all outstanding. I can not say enough. A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrincongalDined on 11/7/2013The owner greeted us when we entered and talked with her when we were leaving We.had fantastic service in every aspect of our time there. I did suggest they open one in Savannah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantRobynDined on 10/12/2013Seemed to be a slow night so the different selections of meat were not offered as quickly as usual. But we still enjoyed it. The food is always excellent. Staff is attentive and everyone is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful time atLuLuDined on 9/29/2013We had a wonderful time at Espeto,,,it was my husband's 79th birthday and we celebrated alone, The staff were wonderful, food was good and beautiful location. The only problem Is we found the meats too salty,,,this is due to blood pressure problems and lack of salt on our food everyday. We would recommend your restaurant to our friends and will most likely go again...thanks again for a great evening...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jacksonville diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013This is my favorite restaurant in Jacksonville. This is my go to place for people picky people. Many different types of meat, the cold bar is always awesome, and the hot bar is also good. My favorite is the lamb, it is awesome, but all very well cooked. I like also because of the size of restaurant, meat is hot when it comes to table and it comes often. Been to Tentos at the beach, and you better be sitting close to kitchen or you don't get meat in a timely manner. Never been back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappoint but has potentialJaneGDined on 8/1/2013My husband and I went on a Thursday night.. There were just two other groups, so it was quiet, which was fine. We were able to sit by the window with a river view. We ordered the summer special, which consisted of two cuts of meat and two sides, at a reasonable price. Unfortunately it was very dry, and the sides were not hot. Which I have a big problem with as I like my food hot. The full portion menu is a bit expensive. I'm sure during the weekend when the meet is cooking away, and there are more people it could be a fun dining experience. I would try it again.Special Features:
- We 8 2 Muchwe82muchDined on 7/27/2013This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion with your significant other or with friends. The atmosphere and ambiance was very romantic. It was my husband's birthday and he absolutely loved the concept of getting an opportunity to taste 12 different types of entrees, which included beef pork, chicken and fish (all dinner long). There were 4 of us and we all agreed that the filet mignon wrapped in bacon, ribs, parmesan pork loin, and the fried bananas was excellent! The lobster bisque has a great base; however, it would have been better with lobster. I also wish I didn't have to remind the wait staff that it was my husband's birthday, I mentioned that when I made reservations, I requested a desert with candle, didn't get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here for our 12 yearOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/9/2013We went here for our 12 year anniversary. They provided free champagne which was nice. The meat dishes were all wonderful. The salad bar was on the small side for a Brazilian steakhouse but was just what we wanted and needed so it was fine. The only complaint was they only offered us the traditional fried bananas once. Every other one I have gone to has them on the table constantly. Overall, it was a great experience. My husband always complains that he never gets enough.food at the fancy places we go for special occasions, he did not have that complaint this year!Special Features: