España Restaurant of Amelia Island
22 S. 4th Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
España Restaurant of Amelia Island
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://espanadowntown.com/
- Phone: (904) 261-7700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Roberto Pestana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
- Catering: Various catering options are available to suit all budgets. Our Paella Party is very popular, which includes a cooking demonstration.
- Private Party Facilities: Either of our two dining rooms are available for private groups.
- Private Party Contact: Marina 9043217693
A word from España Restaurant of Amelia Island
Savor the traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal in the heart of downtown historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, fresh fish or meat entree including the national dish of Spain, Paella. Complete your Espana experience with some homemade desert. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area (weather permitting). Let us make your trip to Espana a memorable one. Family owned and operated since 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
España Restaurant of Amelia Island - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
España Restaurant of Amelia Island reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (69)romantic (61)great for outdoor dining (50)good for groups (36)notable wine list (33)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- small and intimateJCAtlantaVIPDined on 11/26/2014Lovely setting with multiple, separate dining areas. Outside dining area looked appealing but it was too chilly to dine there when we went. Many appealing Small plate options and we were torn, to order paella or not? I ended up with a scallop entree with a cilantro sauce. The scallops were delicious and perfectly cooled but I would say the cilantro sauce wasn't very distinctive and didn't add much. Rice side was nicely spiced and brussel sprouts were yummy. My husband ordered the seafood special, a lovely mixed stew of seafood complete with a half lobster tail. Very nice. Creative wine list offering many selections from Portugal and Spain. Saveed room for a decadent flourless chocolate tort that was deliciously sinful. Great waiter, great food, would go back in a flash to dive into the tapas and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific paellaCarolDined on 11/26/2014Food is nicely spiced. Paella rustica is comfort food at it's best. Fragrant, steaming, and delicious. Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food and wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014All of our food was cooked to perfection and the staff was very attentive. Reservation are needed due to popularity of this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timemix579VIPDined on 11/15/2014We came here for the tapas and enjoyed a nice dinner. The tapas selection was not very extensive. Very conservative choices, but well executed. We started with two appetizer salads, which we liked. Tapas included escargot in tomato cream sauce (very good), portobello mushrooms (fine), gambas costa brava (perfectly spicy and garlicky), and chorizo and onions (nice). Finished it off with the flan, which was fine. The bill including a half pitcher of sangria (quite nice but little fruit in it) was surprisingly modest. Wine list was somewhat limited (not much in terms of nice Spanish wines) and quite overpriced. The ambiance was a bit crowded but still fine for a couple's night out. We enjoyed it but would love to see a somewhat more ambitious selection of tapas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia Island gemMidwestfoodieDined on 11/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary here after getting a recommendation from the Visitor's Center. We were very pleased with the quality of the food and service. It was quiet and romantic, worthy of a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014My daughter and I came to Amelia Island for my birthday weekend. While there, we met a couple on one of the island tours and they suggested that we eat at Espana before we left the island and boy am I glad they did. The appetizers, main course and dessert were all good, not to mention the sangria too! I would highly recommed this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected SurpriseLizADined on 11/7/2014What a nice place. My husband and I went on a Friday night, and I'm so glad we had reservations. The place was packed, but we walked right in even though we were 5 minutes late. The food was good and the service was good as well. The place is small and parking can be scarce (which is why we were late), but it was overall a good restaurant which we will go back to the next time were in Amelia Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Spanish CuisineSRQKraftiGalDined on 11/5/2014This restaurant has an extensive menu with a wonderful variety of items both hot and cold. They offer tapas (small plates) as well as entrees and a large stew for 3 people. We opted for hot and cold tapas dishes and greatly enjoyed our choices. Espana also offers a very nice variety of wine and we were very pleased with our choices. Their service was excellent. Because of its popularity, it is strongly suggested that you make a reservation if you wish to dine here. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food that is well prepared, well presented and delicious.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Although we had to wait about 1/2 hour for our table even though we had a reservation, the food was delicious and the service was also great! We especially loved the Grilled Calamari and the Shrimp Mozambique appetizers!Special Features:
- Awesome foodYardieDined on 11/2/2014Good was very flavorful and reasonably priced. We had the spicy snapper, cilantro scallops and garlic shrimp. We loved it so much we went back the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014Espana is consistently the best restaurant for on Amelia IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare FindjoylukeDined on 10/31/2014We stopped on our way to the Keys from NC. Had such a wonderful experience that we did the same on our return trip. It is about 5 hours from where we live in NC.. I see a road trip in our future just for dinner. We enjoyed everything about the restaurant. Can't wait to go back with a bit more time to explore the town.Special Features:
- ChrisandMarkDined on 10/27/2014Great spot with interesting options located in downtown Fernandina Beach. The shrimp were outstanding. We went the tapas route which was fun and let us try lots of options.Special Features:
- Great Local restaurantiwlcDined on 10/26/2014Service was outstanding, food was also, I would definitely plan to visit this restaurant again,Special Features:
- Outstanding in every way!FBfavDined on 10/24/2014Espana Restaurant is our favorite restaurant when we go to Fernandina Beach. You can't beat the food, especially the tapas. The staff is very knowledgeable and service is superb.Special Features:
- great finfjoylukeDined on 10/23/2014Excellent. It was busy the night we went so accustics tough but food wine atmophere and service were spot on. Will return..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Outstanding paella and seafood!! Great wine list... We try to eat here at least twice every time that we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little CoveLittlecoveDined on 10/21/2014Great Spanish food! Lively atmosphere. Friendly, attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 10/19/2014We saw this restaurant reviewed on Tripadvisor and we had a wonderful experience. The different eating areas had character. The service was outstanding, someone always close by if needed, had great knowledge of the menu and gave suggestions when asked. The food was outstanding. We ordered some tapas and a main meal. The adult beverage menu was great-beer and wine were super. We loved it!Special Features:
- rgtessierDined on 10/18/2014Food was wonderful! This was a great choice for a night out with friends. We loved the food & service! The best sangria ever.Special Features:
- OutstandingNancygDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful menu, delicious food, great service (Joel). NLG PittsburghSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meal!FallguestDined on 10/16/2014Both the food and the sangria were wonderful. The blue cheese steak was a hit with all of the guys. Spicy Grouper was the ladies' favorite!Special Features:
- vibrant and surprisingly greatfoodieDined on 10/13/2014We had the pleausre of dining Monday night at this tapas/spanish restaurant and were pleasantly surprised that they had such a great tapas place on Fernindino Beach, the mussels and ceviche was amazing we loved their sangria tasty and a huge pitcher, we will definitely be back on our next trip. BTW we loved our waiter he was so so so pleasant and accomodating and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Always an excellent dining experience. Great fresh authentic Spanish food. This is always a must stop on our trips to Amelia.Special Features:
- Amazing & Authentic!AIResidentDined on 10/10/2014Espania is just one of those restaurants that you "crave," because the food and service are excellent every single time!Special Features:
- Our favorite!BeckiPDined on 10/10/2014Everything on the tapas menu we have tried is outstanding! We have been to Espana several times and we absolutely love the food, service and dining experience as a whole:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findCJfromPADined on 10/9/2014Visiting Amelia Island and found this place on line. Excellent food and service. I'd consider it a neighborhood gem. Had a wonderful red snapper topped with scallops and shrimp dish that was cooked to perfection. My husband also had a red snapper with spinach and caper sauce that was absolutely delicious. We would definitely revisit and highly recommend it. Acoustics made it a bit noisy, but we liked the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Spanish style foodchickslovechocolateDined on 10/9/2014The paella and shrimp was the best! We had the flour less chocolate cake which was a rich decadent but a perfect ending. I booked another reservation for the next night!Special Features:
- Pretty good but the best?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2014We spent a night on Amelia. Much of the town appeared to be shut down, so we were delighted that Espana was open, having heard such raves from the locals. Our first impression of the restaurant was that it is charming. It's much larger on the inside than it appears. The restaurant was full and it was a weekday night, but I suspect that's because not much else is open. I had the special, a spicy seafood casserole like bouillabaise, but it was in fact so spicy and hot that it was almost impossible to taste the dish. My husband had the meat paella, which was nothing special. Without the opportunity to compare it to other restaurants, I can't say it's the best. But it was a pleasant evening and I'd recommend it for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceAnguscDined on 10/5/2014Lovely Restaurant with a beautiful outside area. The Service was great and the food perfect. Would always go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Paella is phenominal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I developed an addiction for piella when I was in the U.S.Navy stationed in Rota Spain. I have tried numerous times to make it myself. I put mussels, clams, shrimp, fish, chicken and pork in safran rice, then put it all in a casserol dish and baked it in the oven. My friends said it was delicous but to me it wasn't quite as good as I remembered it. Up until now my favorite place to get it was at the Columbia in St. Augustine, FL. After eating at Espana, Columbia is now my second favorite place to get this dish. My wife also found her new favorite wine there. A Malbec by Gascon from Argentina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodyumyumVIPDined on 10/4/2014but atmosphere is really lacking appeal. Outside seemed really nice. Service was very good. Nice menu. Food was good but spicy for my taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJagsandSoxRuleDined on 9/30/2014I've never had a bad meal at Espana. The fisherman's stew is amazing! I can always recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- ResultantDined on 9/27/2014Excellent tapas and sangria! Reasonable prices. Good service, convenient location to our favorite watering hole.Special Features:
- Awesome paellaChadVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went with a group of 14. We had all of the Paella dishes & fish stew. Each was outstanding - some of the best I've ever had. Sangria was fantastic also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Wonderful Food!!!SoutherngalDined on 9/20/2014Espana was recommended as a MUST try restaurant by a local golf pro... "Best on Amelia Island!" He said. Wow, was he right on... Everything we had was wonderful. The Portabello Tapas... Excellent! The Paella... Delish!!! The Flan... Not to be missed for a little desert ending! Espana also has a very good wine list... We chose a Portuguese red that was perfect with our food. Our server, Justin, provided great service... Food came out at a nice flow, allowing time to enjoy the wonderful meal and talk at the same time. Highly recommend this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Espana RestaurantMLMinNMDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were marvelous. The noise level was high. In spite of the noise, we'll return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmeliafanDined on 9/19/2014We were on vacation and this restaurant was recommended to us by friends who owned a property there. It was one of our favorites. We sat outside and loved the ambiance of the plants and fountain. The 4 of us all had great meals. Paella and snapper were favorites.Special Features:
- An Excellent Place for diningSatisfiedDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent as was the server. We easily made reservations ahead of time and we were seated almost promptly at the designated time. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food (scallops) were excellent and the service staff were very attentive. I've had the paella on previous visit, but it is a filling meal ... passed on it this time. Recommend it very highly. Prices are moderate.Special Features: