España Restaurant of Amelia Island
22 S. 4th Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
España Restaurant of Amelia Island
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://espanadowntown.com/
- Phone: 9042617700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Roberto Pestana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
- Catering: Various catering options are available to suit all budgets. Our Paella Party is very popular, which includes a cooking demonstration.
- Private Party Facilities: Either of our two dining rooms are available for private groups.
- Private Party Contact: Marina 9043217693
A word from España Restaurant of Amelia Island
Savor the traditional flavors of Spain and Portugal in the heart of downtown historic Fernandina Beach. Sip on homemade Sangria or enjoy a glass of wine from a list of hand picked selections (International and Californian). Choose from a menu of hot and cold tapas, fresh fish or meat entree including the national dish of Spain, Paella. Complete your Espana experience with some homemade desert. You can choose to dine in our cozy main dining room, bright enclosed patio dining room or lush garden dining area (weather permitting). Let us make your trip to Espana a memorable one. Family owned and operated since 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
España Restaurant of Amelia Island - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
España Restaurant of Amelia Island reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (72)romantic (60)great for outdoor dining (52)good for groups (35)notable wine list (31)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OutstandingNancygDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful menu, delicious food, great service (Joel). NLG PittsburghSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Meal!FallguestDined on 10/16/2014Both the food and the sangria were wonderful. The blue cheese steak was a hit with all of the guys. Spicy Grouper was the ladies' favorite!Special Features:
- vibrant and surprisingly greatfoodieDined on 10/13/2014We had the pleausre of dining Monday night at this tapas/spanish restaurant and were pleasantly surprised that they had such a great tapas place on Fernindino Beach, the mussels and ceviche was amazing we loved their sangria tasty and a huge pitcher, we will definitely be back on our next trip. BTW we loved our waiter he was so so so pleasant and accomodating and fun.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Always an excellent dining experience. Great fresh authentic Spanish food. This is always a must stop on our trips to Amelia.Special Features:
- Amazing & Authentic!AIResidentDined on 10/10/2014Espania is just one of those restaurants that you "crave," because the food and service are excellent every single time!Special Features:
- Our favorite!BeckiPDined on 10/10/2014Everything on the tapas menu we have tried is outstanding! We have been to Espana several times and we absolutely love the food, service and dining experience as a whole:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findCJfromPADined on 10/9/2014Visiting Amelia Island and found this place on line. Excellent food and service. I'd consider it a neighborhood gem. Had a wonderful red snapper topped with scallops and shrimp dish that was cooked to perfection. My husband also had a red snapper with spinach and caper sauce that was absolutely delicious. We would definitely revisit and highly recommend it. Acoustics made it a bit noisy, but we liked the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Spanish style foodchickslovechocolateDined on 10/9/2014The paella and shrimp was the best! We had the flour less chocolate cake which was a rich decadent but a perfect ending. I booked another reservation for the next night!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceAnguscDined on 10/5/2014Lovely Restaurant with a beautiful outside area. The Service was great and the food perfect. Would always go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Paella is phenominal.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014I developed an addiction for piella when I was in the U.S.Navy stationed in Rota Spain. I have tried numerous times to make it myself. I put mussels, clams, shrimp, fish, chicken and pork in safran rice, then put it all in a casserol dish and baked it in the oven. My friends said it was delicous but to me it wasn't quite as good as I remembered it. Up until now my favorite place to get it was at the Columbia in St. Augustine, FL. After eating at Espana, Columbia is now my second favorite place to get this dish. My wife also found her new favorite wine there. A Malbec by Gascon from Argentina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodyumyumVIPDined on 10/4/2014but atmosphere is really lacking appeal. Outside seemed really nice. Service was very good. Nice menu. Food was good but spicy for my taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ResultantDined on 9/27/2014Excellent tapas and sangria! Reasonable prices. Good service, convenient location to our favorite watering hole.Special Features:
- Awesome paellaChadVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went with a group of 14. We had all of the Paella dishes & fish stew. Each was outstanding - some of the best I've ever had. Sangria was fantastic also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Wonderful Food!!!SoutherngalDined on 9/20/2014Espana was recommended as a MUST try restaurant by a local golf pro... "Best on Amelia Island!" He said. Wow, was he right on... Everything we had was wonderful. The Portabello Tapas... Excellent! The Paella... Delish!!! The Flan... Not to be missed for a little desert ending! Espana also has a very good wine list... We chose a Portuguese red that was perfect with our food. Our server, Justin, provided great service... Food came out at a nice flow, allowing time to enjoy the wonderful meal and talk at the same time. Highly recommend this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Espana RestaurantMLMinNMDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were marvelous. The noise level was high. In spite of the noise, we'll return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmeliafanDined on 9/19/2014We were on vacation and this restaurant was recommended to us by friends who owned a property there. It was one of our favorites. We sat outside and loved the ambiance of the plants and fountain. The 4 of us all had great meals. Paella and snapper were favorites.Special Features:
- An Excellent Place for diningSatisfiedDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent as was the server. We easily made reservations ahead of time and we were seated almost promptly at the designated time. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food (scallops) were excellent and the service staff were very attentive. I've had the paella on previous visit, but it is a filling meal ... passed on it this time. Recommend it very highly. Prices are moderate.Special Features:
- A Real TreatGatorPeteDined on 8/29/2014The food at Espana is outstanding and the service is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014From the lady who changed my reservation, as I was coming in from Atlanta late, to the young man in glasses filling the water glasses and setting up the cleared tables, to my waiter Scott, I had a wonderful meal from start to finish. I had been here two years ago with my husband; this time by myself. Had a red snapper dish with capers. Ceviche. White wine sangria. For dessert...tres leche cake. This sometimes is wrong...not this time. If my husband makes the cut next year in the amateur golf tournament in Ponte Vedra....we will return....this time together! The place was packed to the gills with diners enjoying themselves....a couple of families with young children, young couples, older couples, larger groups. Thank you Tripadvisor.Special Features:
- TennismanDined on 8/24/2014Food was tasty and appealing. We were warmly welcomed and service was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjmdVIPDined on 8/24/2014The best restaurant in Northeast Florida. Service and Food were excellent,Special Features:
- CarocookDined on 8/22/2014We had planned many times previously to visit this restaurant but this was our first time and we were not disappointed.From the service to the delicious selection of tapas both hot and cold and with the right amount of seasoning we were pleasedSpecial Features:
- A real find on Amelia IslandLDeanVIPDined on 8/21/2014Who would have thought that in the land of Southern seafood, posh hotels and condos that you would find Spanish cuisine. And not only find it, but find some of the best to be had in the US. It's a small place and the noise level can get a bit high but it is a must place to eat if you are in the area. The paella is not to be missed and the flan is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food!JlynngDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I always come to this restaurant when we are in Amelia Island. We always love to order a bottle of wine and trying a bunch of tapas. We enjoy every plate we try! Many of their sauces are so addicting, that we always ask for more bread to finish it. Which they totally get! Are two favorites are the Shrimp Mozambqui and the Mussels in white wine sauce with chorizo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent quality and serviceNewKidsDined on 8/20/2014We arrived ahead of our reservation time and our table was ready. We were seated and our server let us know that he was ready when we were...there was no rush to order. The pace at Espana is as relaxed or as hurried as you want. The table was elegant and comfortable. Our tapas and wine came soon and they were exceptional. Amelia Island is serious shrimp country and the Gambas al Ajillo were world-class as were the Buquerones. Entrees ranged from Paella Marinera to the nights specials and everything was simply perfect. The setting is casual elegance, very sophisticated and very laid back. Sandals, shorts and t-shirts are as welcome as dressier outfits. It's all about the food and service here...and the shrimp. Don't miss those shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjmdVIPDined on 8/17/2014It's not only the best restaurant on Amelia Island ,but the best in Northeast Florida! The seafood doesn't get any fresher of cooked more perfectly than Espana . Congratulations on 10 years and we hope you're here for another 10 at least.Special Features:
- GarlicVIPDined on 8/17/2014Espana is a good restaurant choice for Amelia island. The menu is somewhat limited, but the quality of the food and preparation is very good. the place is more casual than the menu/pricing would suggest. it is conveniently located 1 block from the main street. The restaurant lacked much warmth or personality that you might expect from a place called Espana.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BernadetteGourmetloverDined on 8/17/2014Great tapas place. Had scallops, calamari,pork, spinach and spicy shrimp. Great sangria too. In quaint old town Amelia. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticcynjaDined on 8/16/2014The food and service at Espana never disappoint. It's a great spot for a romantic date or for impressing out-of-town guests. Two of our party ordered paella -- one seafood, one chicken -- and both said it compared favorably to what they've enjoyed in Barcelona. The spicy snapper with local shrimp was also delicious. All of the seafood cooked to perfection! Can't wait for my next visit!Special Features:
- Wonderful tapasYummyStuffDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the tapas menu for our romantic night out. The selection was great and the food was delicious. I would definitely go back if I were to be in the area again.Special Features:
- Exceptional Culinary ExperienceLorieDined on 8/16/2014What a great find! Our first trip to Amelia Island. I read many wonderful reviews about Espana but they did not do it justice. We were awed by the staff, the food and Roberto Chef and owner. Our server Joel was overly accommodating. The excellent dessert tray that Chef Roberto brought over to the table was delicious and such a special treat. Paella, bouillabaisse and the many tapas were some of our favorites! The sangaria was delicious. We have dined at many excellent locations like Elizabeth's, Huske, The Old Pink House and found that Espana ranks with the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartymartyDined on 8/16/2014Great! As always. We love sharing the tapas and the paella. Don't miss the garlic shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night outgirlsnightoutDined on 8/15/2014We had a great girl's night out. We were able to share several appetizers and dinners. Our waiter was excellent. He brought us extra plates to make it easy for everybody to try all of the dishes we ordered. He checked on us regularly, as did other wait staff. We were a little disappointed that an eggplant dish that they have as a special sometimes wasn't available, but we'll hopefully be able to order it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in FernandinaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Espana consistently serves the best food in Fernandina. We look forward to our meals here every visit -- especially the portabello mushroom tapas. There is something on the menu for everyone, the service is great, and the atmosphere vibrant. On this visit the snapper entrée was exceptional, as was the fried calamari. Really an exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed and would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I were on vacation and received this restaurant as a suggestion from a few locals and also from reviews on OpenTable. We were first greeted by a woman that seemed annoyed that people were coming in to visit this restaurant. Then we were seated a few minutes late. We had to wait at least five minutes before we were offered a drink then to find out they only serve beer, wine, and sangria. Not a big deal really...just unexpected. Our server again seemed quite annoyed that he was serving our table. My husband had the paella which was just okay and I had the filet...again just okay. We were not offered a dessert menu- just the check. It was just not a great experience at all and bad service with unfriendly attitudes.
- BudbarbBudbarbDined on 8/14/2014As always, the tapas and paella were excellent. And although the noise level was high, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I would recommend Espana for any occasion!Special Features:
- Can't stay away......Greg1Dined on 8/13/2014My wife and I went to Espana on Sunday night for some tapas and sangria. We returned on Weds and had the Portuguese Fishermans Stew with a nice Rioja wine . It was awesome. It requires 30 min prep time and worth the wait. We dine here at least twice a week when we visit the island. Their flavors are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Saw this restaraunt on Trip advisor. Didnt know what to expect. But was pleasantly surprised. I have already recommended it to some of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A let downHonestdinerDined on 8/10/2014The tomato and mozzarella was good but not different than any other restaurant, the eggplant stack had more breading than eggplant and the seafood special was good but not exceptional in taste and flavor. The sangria was excellent as was the service. The garden would be a lovely place to eat on cooler evenings. After reading the reviews I was expecting more in taste.Special Features: