Esin Restaurant and Bar
750 Camino Ramon
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Esin Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://esinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9253140974
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm: Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Curtis & Esin deCarion
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Esin Restaurant and Bar
Esin has been a neighborhood jewel since opening in 1998. The name Esin is not only the name of one of the owners but also means “inspiration”. The food is the passion of Chef & Owners Curtis and Esin deCarion. They strive to create cuisine that is fresh, seasonal, and prepared with great care. The fare is American with bits of Mediterranean influences. The wine list has been recognized by Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast magazines. Esin Restaurant & Bar relocated in July of 2008 to the Newest upscale lifestyle center The Rose Garden in Danville. The freshly designed dining room offers warm and comforting tones. Be sure to save room for one of Esin’s fresh made desserts that have become so well known.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Esin Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Esin Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
352 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (223)special occasion (213)neighborhood gem (212)great for lunch (129)great for outdoor dining (110)romantic (97)notable wine list (71)good for groups (64)great for brunch (47)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- As usual, wonderful mealMaureenVDined on 7/2/2014Four old friends recently met here for drinks and dinner, brought our own wine. Great atmosphere, super bar/wine service, and absolutely great food and dessert. We loved the scallops. A place you can count on to excel.Special Features:
- completely sober luncheatdrinksleepDined on 7/1/2014This was our first time at this establishment. Food is very good. The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and efficient. She would check in with us as the lunch progressed, but not so much at it disturbed our meal. She had perfect timing. Thanks for the good experience.Special Features:
- ddaddydaveluvtowineDined on 6/30/2014It is always a given, we have a great dinning experience at Esin. Don't ever skip dessert here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuiseppeVIPDined on 6/29/2014We always enjoy Esin, it's ambience, service and food, and this Sunday night was no exception. After delicious cocktails at the bar, we enjoyed dinner seated in one of the comfy booths. My husband loved the Sunday Prime Rib special I loved the Salmon special, followed by a delicious lemon meringe pie with a ginger snap crust. All's well as Esin!Special Features:
- Every dish a hitenjoyinglifeDined on 6/28/2014We were four people for dinner, and we ordered multiple courses. Usually, in a meal with that many options exercised, there is a dish or two that misses the mark, but for our meal every dish was great - tasty, balanced, delicious. Additionally, our waiter was charming and friendly without being intrusive. It was a memorable meal, and a great evening.Special Features:
- FlawlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food, the service, the ambiance -- flawless. We are grateful for this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- myfavplaces2eatDined on 6/26/2014Wonderful menu with seasonal inspirations; great service and wine selections! Recommend it highly!! Noted for delicious desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love EsinOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Esin is our go-to restaurant when celebrating work birthdays-delicious food, drinks and desserts every single time! Once small caution-the main dining room has very high ceilings-it's somewhat loud in there with all the conversations echoing about. We had a hard time hearing our server the last time we were in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantCaNtSnDined on 6/20/2014Great food, attentive service and a wonderful wine list. What more can you ask? The pot roast was moist and tender and the lamb shish kebab was fantastic. The vegetables complimented each meal perfectly. The pinot noir wine trio was wonderful and the sauvignon blanc was perfect with the caesar salad. All-in-all a memorable evening. We were particularly impressed with the entire staff, from the person who seated us to the bus boys and wait staff, everyone was focused on our enjoyment rather than just doing their job. It was a real dining pleasure. Now I understand why everyone in town has told us this is Danville's premier restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special specialOT4filVIPDined on 6/20/2014One of the best meals yet at Esin where we dine once or twice a month. Abandoning our prejudice of never eating salmon in a restaurant we both opted for the salmon special. What a delightful surprise it was with the delicately cooked fish sitting on greens accompanied on each side by large croquettes with soft potato/parmesan centers. The lemon meringue tart rounded out this spectacular meal.Special Features:
- As always, great dining experiencecyclegirl7Dined on 6/18/2014We hadn't been to Esin for awhile and decided to take someone here for dinner, given our previous experience at this restaurant. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our entrees. One of us ordered two appetizers (for dinner), the oysters and french onion soup. Another ordered one of the special entrees for the day, risotto with chicken and peas; and I ordered the pot roast, which I've wanted to try for awhile. Although I didn't try any of the other meals, the pot roast was outstanding. It was more than fork tender, and the sauce was incredible. It was served over a cream bed of mashed potatoes with some sautéed greens on the side (not even sure what they were, but they were delicious). Another wonderful experience at Esin!Special Features:
- Not ImpressedLuv2eatDined on 6/18/2014Came here quite a few years ago so I was expecting that maybe Esin improved, but unfortunately I cannot say that it has gotten better. This restaurant has such potential, but cannot put it all together. I cannot recommend this restaurant to fellow diners.
- Very NiceMom2beastiesVIPDined on 6/17/2014I mentioned our anniversary on Open Table reservation... and EVERYONE.. from the hostess to the buss boy gave us a "happy anniversary". Service was excellent and food was very good. We ordered Cheese for dessert... and even though it wasn't in the "anniversary" free category... were not charged. My husband and I...given the opportunity of cheese will always go that way... I know a free creme brulee or whatever would have been better for them...but...we were given our first choice (which we were ready to pay for.. ) but..Very classy place!Special Features:
- AwesomeBayAreaCaliGirlVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our party of four ordered: prime rib, roast duck, halibut and pasta w/ butter & cheese (my daughter). We all cleaned off our plates, not a morsel left. The peanut butter & choc cheesecake was sinfully good, as was my favorite, their bread pudding. Love this place. With our own bottle of wine the total tab was very reasonable.Special Features:
- Greatly dependabledebiDined on 6/14/2014We had another wonderful, relaxing, super tasty meal at Esin. The halibut, delicious. The duck, so moist and flavorful. Topped off with a tremendous dessert. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Daypk2917Dined on 6/14/2014fabulous experience dining here. Corn chowder soup was to die for. Husband (the picky food critic) like his pot roast and I like the filo chicken beast with 3 cheese.Special Features:
- wonderful saturday lunchdisappointedVIPDined on 6/14/2014The burger was perfectly done, the waiter was friendly and fun, the patio table was awesome!!!
- ESINoffsfoodDined on 6/13/2014We have been here a few times and it is a nice place for a special occasion. The staff was surprisingly cordial, helpful, and nice and the food has always been outstanding. I really like the vibe that the place has. I've been in the industry over 23 years and this is a good bet.Special Features:
- overpricedluv2eatDined on 6/13/2014Good food, well prepared, but way overpriced. I had a salad with basic romaine greens with some olives, a small amount of feta cheese, and tomatoes, in a bowl, not very large, with four shrimp and the charge was $17.00! Perhaps the entrees are better deals.
- serviceAllyDined on 6/10/2014we had a birthday dinner for 4 adults and a child in a high chair. Esin staff took care of all the details, I ordered a specific drink to be served when all adults arrived and it was taken care of right on schedule. Staff was great with us and my grandson. No rush, good food and drink and friendly staff. Great DinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungryDined on 6/8/2014My husband had been twice before and loved it, decided to celebrate his birthday at Esin on a Sunday night at 6:30. The restaurant was packed inside and lively, our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and specials. The bar service was very slow waiting for our cocktails and the busboys were very busy. Our water glasses were left empty throughout the night. We were disappointed in our meal. My husband and friend ordered the black cod. Very small pieces and they both said the fish had no flavor but they liked the grains and vegetables. I had the hanger steak. Unexciting, oily, the arugula and spinach were delicious. Desserts were great. Would not go back on a Sunday night for sure and won't hurry back in general.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceAnthonyDined on 6/8/2014Food was great and service was excellent. No complaint.Special Features:
- Dinner at Cafe EsinRickDined on 6/6/2014Ate at Cafe Esin last Friday. The waitress was superb!!!!! The Halibut special and the Dive Scallops were outstanding. As you would expect, the desserts were wonderful. The Caesar Salad was NOT GOOD!!!!! (How can a Caesar Salad at a restaurant like Esin NOT BE GOOD????) I can't say enough about our waitress and how she helped us make the birthday celebration special.Special Features:
- anandVIPDined on 6/5/2014One of our favourites! Very fresh ingredients - overall a relaxing and enjoyable experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in DanvilleLiveToEatVIPDined on 6/1/2014Fresh ingredients, consistent food quality, amazing dessert menu, and nicely plated entrees! High ceiling, classy white table cloth set-up makes for the perfect ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingSfgirlDined on 6/1/2014Enjoyed the food, and the restaurant. Had lunch there, nice place and easy to park.Special Features:
- Food and ServiceJavadDined on 5/31/2014I ordered the dinner special, Salmon with mix veg. The fish was old and smiley and the portion of the fish were so small for $30 plate. Also every few minutes someone new would serve our table and before finishing our plates they wanted to clear the table.
- KCaliDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful food. Terrific service. We were here for a special occasion and the hostess and staff were all so nice! The food was top notch. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Esingrand1dinerVIPDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I received a gift card for this restaurant. Although the menu is quite limited, my husbands pot roast was divine. My caeser salad was very bitter. It was like I didn't receive the leaves but all of the core. They were professional enough to take it off the price. I had the risotto . It had too much tomato flavoring for my taste. But it is a high class restaurant although not in a very scenic setting.Special Features:
- Always Great!MimiDined on 5/30/2014The special salmon and arugula salad was melt in your mouth good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Esin loses favorADinerVIPDined on 5/29/2014I have been coming here frequently since day one. It's usually at least 4 stars in each area and often 5 in food and service. Last night may have just been an off night but the oysters were room temperature, the caesar salad wimpy and brown with little favor and the steak relied heavily on salt for flavor. I have only given Esin less than 4 stars one other time so I am hoping it was just an off night.
- OK food, noisey, decor good, WIPChicagoJoeDined on 5/29/2014Decor quite good. Noise level much too high for easy conversation. Food OK but not outstanding. Did not quite live up to prior reviews in media. Small comment: Ordered Moscow Mule (this intellectual drink helped me - and friends - through college decades ago so consider myself semi-expert); To steal a presidential debate line - I knew Moscow Mule and this was no Moscow Mule. Way too tart with something; did not taste ginger beer; 3 in party tasted it and it got no votes. Service very good; staff quite pleasant. Probably would not go back but might try one-mo-time. We do travel to Danville fairly often for Happy Hour at Bridges - they do a consistently good job - although not greatly impressed with the dinners.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/28/2014Esin doesn't disappoint. Clams were wonderful as were the oysters. New York steak was perfection and huge. The pork chop the best ever eaten. Keep it up Esin. And Nicole made the experience even better because of her friendly professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks, Service and FoodTommyboyDined on 5/28/2014Always reliable to deliver with great service and great food
- AnnitaDined on 5/27/2014I and my husband decided to celebrate my birthday at Esin restaurant. We ordered onion soup that it has nothing to its real taste. I think it was from can. My husband is french and he knows what kind of soup we called onion. We haven't ordered prawns but waiter brought it to us. It's too bad we are shy and were not in the mood for arguing. Scallops were tasty but sandy and my mahi- mahi with cuos-cuos was just Ok. Red wine was the best from all dinner. The bill was around $ 120.00 What surprised me that even average restaurant when you mentioned that you have your birthday today they would bring something nice at the end. Here is nothing. Unfortunately the birthday is only once in a year and you couldn't replay it.Special Features:
- MollyVIPDined on 5/26/2014Esin is pretty consistent with their food & service. Not outstanding but consistently good. Haven't tried their new place yet but it's on our schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2395 reviews are from the Esin Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Reliable excellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014I can count on Esin to always provide and great dining experience. The food was excellent and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Awesome!BayAreaCaliGirlVIPDined on 5/23/2014Everything was excellent, from the food to the staff to the ambience. Our party of four ordered: pot roast, steak, burger and our 6 yo had pasta with butter and parmesan. All were delicious. The desserts were amazing, especially the blueberry bread pudding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014was at esin for a ""great friend" belated birthday!! First time at danville location for 4 ladies!! Service excellent!! wait staff knew menu and specials like the "back of her hand"! can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Great DessertsPinotEvilDined on 5/22/2014Esin always serves the best dessert of any restaurant in the area. Started with the oysters, duck confit for entree and banana black bottom tart for dessert. My son had the halibut and started with salad. My wife and daughter had salad only and of course dessert. Everything was great. My wife loves that there are gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.