Esin Restaurant and Bar
750 Camino Ramon
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Esin Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://esinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9253140974
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm: Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Curtis & Esin deCarion
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Esin Restaurant and Bar
Esin has been a neighborhood jewel since opening in 1998. The name Esin is not only the name of one of the owners but also means “inspiration”. The food is the passion of Chef & Owners Curtis and Esin deCarion. They strive to create cuisine that is fresh, seasonal, and prepared with great care. The fare is American with bits of Mediterranean influences. The wine list has been recognized by Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast magazines. Esin Restaurant & Bar relocated in July of 2008 to the Newest upscale lifestyle center The Rose Garden in Danville. The freshly designed dining room offers warm and comforting tones. Be sure to save room for one of Esin’s fresh made desserts that have become so well known.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Esin Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Esin Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
356 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (225)neighborhood gem (215)special occasion (214)great for lunch (131)great for outdoor dining (115)romantic (103)notable wine list (72)good for groups (68)great for brunch (51)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- Delicious from start to finish!DoctorRVIPDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a delightful mid-week dinner. Each dish, from start to finish was a winner. We started with the a "Small Plate" flat bread with fig, caramelized onion, walnuts, balsamic reduction and blue cheese which was fantastic! The chef was featuring 2 fish specials, a salmon and yellowtail, and they were outstanding and worth ordering again if they are offered in the future. The desserts at Esin are always standouts and the Brown Butter Pear Tart was no exception. No wonder this restaurant is so very popular!Special Features:
- FabulousEnjoysFoodDined on 8/3/2014We always enjoy dining at Esin's. The food is delicious and the service is always excellent. The servers really know their food, explaining it very nicely and making substitutions when requested. Of course, no one can top the desserts! They have several listed and then there are more....If you are looking for a quality restaurant, this is THE place! We've never been disappointed!Special Features:
- A Treat To Be Had!eveningonthetownDined on 7/31/2014We had the opportunity to celebrate a birthday with a very special meal at Esin. Our server was excellent, attentive without hovering. Our every dinning need was met and the food superb. My husband enjoy the wine flight of Pinot Noirs and discovered a new favorite. We will go back often, this is our "neighborhood gem"!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchsntabbyDined on 7/30/2014Love this place for girls day out lunch especially when celebrating a birthday as they serve the birthday girl the dessert of her choice- very nice!Their desserts are to die for! Prices are fair for lunch and I seem to like their lunch menu better than their dinner menu!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!mom2tworsVIPDined on 7/27/2014This has been my favorite restaurant for years now. I love the menu, the servers and the ambiance. Couldn't be better!Special Features:
- DisappointedLouDVIPDined on 7/26/2014If the restaurant reads this realize that you cannot please everyone and that it is not personal. The food was ok. The ideas were kind of unique but in the end not my best choice of meals. A little on the pricey side and not much of a return on investment. The dessert was not homemade no matter what people tell me....I know baklava. My mom makes it at home and been having it for 45 years. That was purchased and resold. In the end I tried this place because it was an open table recommendation and the reviews were very high. I unfortunately will not go back.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodMarianneDined on 7/26/2014Very nice restaurant; food was very good. Great service staff.Special Features:
- Repeat visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Took guests from out of town for dinner. Had the pot roast which is a signature dish, salmon and scallops were all perfect. Had to follow with desserts and highly recommend the bread pudding. Never disappointed with a meal at esin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner partyStormyDined on 7/25/2014There were four of us dining at Esin. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere. We also enjoyed lunch at this restaurant another day. It was equally great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDsmartpigDined on 7/24/2014Every time I go to Esin, I am more than happy with my experience. The service is great. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. Most importantly, the food is fantastic! I highly recommend Esin!Special Features:
- Special experienceDisappointedDined on 7/24/2014Don't recall waiter's name - but he was terrific. Knowledgeable, professional, accommodating, timely. Food was pretty good. Desserts were better. Would come back again and recommend. Too pricey though for something other that special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerAnnoyedDined on 7/23/2014We could not have asked for more. From the warm greeting, our favorite booth, wine, salad, Scallops cooked PERFECTLY, the special fish of the evening, excellent service to the Fabulous Pecan Tart with a birthday candle, it was perfect. Thanks again Esin you have renewed our confidence and we are soooo glad you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014As usual an outstanding meal and service. They are the most reliable restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- almost always greatsss7Dined on 7/21/2014Waiter friendly and informative. Excellent wine suggestions. Veggies should not be exciting, but these were cooked to perfection. No pressure to finish, 3 1/2 hours went by and we were never pressured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for my BirthdayLivermoreTeriDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a new place to celebrate my birthday, and remembered a foodie friend highly recommended Esin. When I went online to view the menu, I was thrilled to see a lovely cheese plate and I decided to make an online reservation then and there. I ended up ordering the cheese for a dessert course after a wonderful meal. The service was spot on. My only comment to the staff was that the cheese should have been served room temperature, not right from cold storage. That resulted in the manager coming to our table...perfect. My husband and I look forward to a return trip.Special Features:
- The food was deliciousDavisdinerDined on 7/19/2014Everything was prepared beautifully and tasted wonderful. I had a salad which was lightly dressed - perfect. That was followed up by the salmon on a bed of barley and mushrooms with a ring of pesto on the plate. I asked for the salmon to be on the medium rare side and it was cooked to perfection. I came away from dinner feeling very satisfied. I would go back to Esin in a minute.Special Features:
- Great Seafood SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were craving something a bit different, and had not been to Esin in over a year. We had the cheese sampler which was great. There were 2 fish specials for the day, we each got one; he the salmon, I got the seared yellowfin. Both were delicious. I will say the portions were small-allowing room for dessert. In the past I enjoyed the lemon meringue, I should have gotten that again-but was tempted by a lemon raspberry cake, which just didn't compare to their amazing meringue-the husband got a peach/blackberry tart with a crumble topping that was delicious.Special Features:
- LaVogueshDined on 7/18/2014Fabulous Food & Staff. Incredible energy and presentation. Wonderful fish and chicken. Dessert YUM!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Esin is a fine dining restaurant that will not disappoint anyone. The chef and staff prepares all with fresh quality choices. Management is excellent, service is excellent, and one will not be disappointed. Complements to all at Esin, every dinning experience has been delightful. MSTSpecial Features:
- Great meallunchoutDined on 7/16/2014Once again, Esin shines through as an amazing restaurant in the East Bay. Excellent food, excellent service, and a great all around experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Nice eveningAcedVIPDined on 7/15/2014Fish dishes and squid appetizer were excellent. Our server was a bit strange, fine service but he was a bit out of place for Esin.Special Features:
- Never fails to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014I have been to Esin many times and have never experienced a bad meal. It is a wonderful place to bring out-of-town guests with not only great food, but wonderful ambience and service. Remember to always save room for their desserts.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedEsinDined on 7/14/2014I have been a loyal customer of Esin since their opening of the cafe. I would dine there once to twice a week and recommend them to everyone... please note that this is now based upon my last three visits and not just one off night. Service at Esin has always been attentive and friendly and remains as such. But now to the food... So very disappointing in all aspects, ordered a variety of dishes to be shared so that we could sample as much as possible. To begin burrata, Salumi, etc. all good but not memorable.... Mains steak, pork and the fresh salmon (mine) fish strong and unpleasant which has now been repeated on each visit. Deserts certainly not as impressive as before. Overall three very sub-par meals...Special Features:
- DINNER WITH FRIENDSLGISGIRLDined on 7/12/2014Meeting friends for dinner they live in Morgan Hill and we live in Hercules. Esin turned out to be the perfect place, the food and drink selections covered everyone's needs and tastes. We could not have been happier, the food, drinks and desserts were all exciting and left us with a new restaurant to recommend. We are very much looking forward to returning!Special Features:
- 2nd time. Both greatCygnusDined on 7/12/2014Really enjoyed the oysters. Great service. Great flatbread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Happy PlacePtonfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014I have loved Esin for years. Every time I go there, I worry that my expectations of great food and great service will not beat the last time. I'm am happily surprised each and every time. I start with the basil lime martini, try one of the amazing entrees, and end with whatever the bread pudding of the day is. Seriously...my happy place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still going strongOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014I've been to Esin many times and plan to keep going back. It's hard not to like good quality food (from appetizers to desserts) that tastes good, is attractively presented, and an adequate size (without being gross in size like some chain restaurants that wrongly equate monster portions with good quality food). As far as entrees are concerned, some creative standards plus a few specials keep things interesting. Ability to sit outside a big plus of Esin's. Some aspects of service were a little slower than expected, but not a big issue.Special Features:
- Super DeliciousShariVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been here many times, and the food is great. But, for some reason, last night was better than ever! The cocktails yummy...tuna appetizer great, and the Lingcod was amazing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 7/11/2014Best desserts in the east bay and the good is always delicious...wonderful salads and entrees.Special Features:
- Great FindTKLuvsfoodDined on 7/8/2014First time in Danville. Happened upon Esin as we were staying nearby. What a find! Delicious food, great service, try the Lemon Basil infused MartiniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectbdaydinnerDined on 7/8/2014We wished to celebrate an birthday in an intimate atmosphere, and this restaurant was perfect. We made reservations for two with a note about the occasion, and they seated us at a private little booth. The food and drinks were excellent. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive, which suited the atmosphere at our table, and she gave us suggestions (not on the menu) which were exactly what we wanted. At the end of the night, one of our desserts was on the house on account of the birthday. I could not recommend this restaurant more.Special Features:
- GuiseppeVIPDined on 7/8/2014I took my childhood friend to Esin for her 72nd birthday dinner. We had a wonderful time visiting and enjoying the varied and creative menu samplings. We enjoyed a cocktail before ordering and never felt rushed. She selected the Mary's chicken breast wrapped in filo served on a bed of Israeli Couscous. I LOVED my yellow tail tuna special served on a bed of farro, accompanied by a (another special) salad with grilled mushrooms. We shared another evening special, a banana tart, set in a chocolate cookie crust...OH My!! My friend loved her birthday dinner and I loved sharing it with her. Esin hits the mark every time!Special Features:
- Never disappointsCsealsVIPDined on 7/8/2014We've been coming to Esin for years & the one constant is that it NEVER disappoints when it comes to food & service. It's always at the top of our list and will continue to be!Special Features:
- Excellent...again!MeriJoDined on 7/5/2014Esin never disappoints! Love the food, great wine list and the service is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for patio seating in summerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014We sat on the patio in 80 degree weather on a July night which was great. The food was ok but not great given the locale and the prices. Specifically the food could have used a little more seasoning (particularly on the lamb kabobs and on the cous cous). The drink menu was a lot of fun. Service was a little slow given the restaurant was not packed. The hostess was super friendly and a joy to be greeted by.
- Impeccable!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/5/2014Service far exceeded expectation, as well as the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional diningDick83Dined on 7/3/2014Great creative menu and friendly conscientious service! Try the Grilled Prawn Cobb Salad...a real winner...dressed lightly and full of flavors with crisp smoked bacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!Pksy1Dined on 7/2/2014Good food and great dessert! A great place for special occasions. The scallop dish and New York Steak were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, wonderful mealMaureenVDined on 7/2/2014Four old friends recently met here for drinks and dinner, brought our own wine. Great atmosphere, super bar/wine service, and absolutely great food and dessert. We loved the scallops. A place you can count on to excel.Special Features:
- completely sober luncheatdrinksleepDined on 7/1/2014This was our first time at this establishment. Food is very good. The service was excellent. Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and efficient. She would check in with us as the lunch progressed, but not so much at it disturbed our meal. She had perfect timing. Thanks for the good experience.Special Features: