Esin Restaurant and Bar
750 Camino Ramon
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Esin Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://esinrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9253140974
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm: Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Curtis & Esin deCarion
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Esin Restaurant and Bar
Esin has been a neighborhood jewel since opening in 1998. The name Esin is not only the name of one of the owners but also means “inspiration”. The food is the passion of Chef & Owners Curtis and Esin deCarion. They strive to create cuisine that is fresh, seasonal, and prepared with great care. The fare is American with bits of Mediterranean influences. The wine list has been recognized by Wine Spectator & Wine Enthusiast magazines. Esin Restaurant & Bar relocated in July of 2008 to the Newest upscale lifestyle center The Rose Garden in Danville. The freshly designed dining room offers warm and comforting tones. Be sure to save room for one of Esin’s fresh made desserts that have become so well known.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Esin Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Esin Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (214)special occasion (213)neighborhood gem (196)great for lunch (122)great for outdoor dining (108)romantic (100)notable wine list (71)good for groups (62)great for brunch (53)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good experience for group of 4frankyDined on 8/30/2014This moderately upscale restaurant was perfect for an informal dinner with friends. It would also be great for date night. The menu was long enough that I found several entrees I would have ordered. Instead, I went for two small plates (appetizers). Everybody liked their food choices. The standout for this restaurant is the wide selection of desserts. I had a fig gallette with a scoop of ice cream. It was the best dessert I have had all year. Our waiter was very friendly and talkative. The restaurant was completely full from start to finish. 6:30, Sat.Special Features:
- Rosemarie's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014I took my neighbor to Esin Restaurant and Bar for her birthday, she is a foodie and it is her favorite local restaurant. We have been to Esin numerous times and the food/ambiance/service are always outstanding, this visit was no exception. Rosemarie was greeted with "Happy Birthday" and her dessert was "on the house". Another wonderful experience at Esin Restaurant and Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and Drinks!Food4ThoughtDined on 8/27/2014The Pan Seared Day Boat Scallops were amazing! They are always cooked to perfection and so far, they're the best I've ever had! I decided to pair it with a Pear Ginger Martini that was phenomenal! For dessert, my husband and I shared Esin's vanilla gelato which was the perfect way to end the night considering how full we were by then :-) I would definitely dine at Esin for another special occasion, not just for the food and drinks, but also for their friendly customer service! By the way, if you like prawns, I would highly recommend the Prawns Cazuella! Your taste buds will be dancing after the first bite!Special Features:
- Great service!lim1960Dined on 8/26/2014Celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there and felt very special when every staff member that serviced us made it a point to congratulate us on our special day. We had the salmon special and pot roast and both were delicious! We finished off with baklava for dessert and it was yummy. Highly recommend for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ponymom69Dined on 8/26/2014Wonderful as always. Food. & service are impeccableSpecial Features:
- A favorite in DanvilleOlevanoDined on 8/26/2014Had my birthday lunch out on the patio with a friend. The eggplant sandwich with charmoula was excellent. Bread was warm and salad delicious and light on the dressing. Friend had the salad with grilled shrimp on the top also excellent. Will go again soon.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceKrisDined on 8/24/2014Really great service from the hostess to the waitress, the food is pretty good too.Special Features:
- Great dinnerFamily1stDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at Esin and it never disappoints. Service was excellent, food was outstanding and the service was fantastic! Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family avoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food is consistently delicious. Staff friendly. Desserts are wonderful so save room.Special Features:
- Server was perky and nice but. ..ADinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014She tried very hard to be cute and nice and did tell us that there were just 2 caprese salads left but we got our salad before the oysters and she barely checked on us during or between courses. If it were not for other attentive staff we never would have been taken care of at all. She also gave us wrong information about the specials. Maybe she was new but they could have trained her better. She did not know that the oyster variety was tiny and said they were medium.
- Get awayGkpkDined on 8/21/2014If you need a quiet moment to share with great enviornment , amazing food and service Eain is it. My husband and I shared some items and the kitchen had split the items in the kitchen so we were t scrvlinf and making a mess. Very accommadating. A wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/21/2014You can't go wrong with Esin for consistently great food in a nice atmosphere. The pot roast is comfort food and the daily bread pudding for dessert can't miss either. I've probably had some of the entrees and every one of them is a winner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014My Husband and I treated my Sister and Brother-in-law to dinner at Esin and we were very happy with everything. We had a nice quiet booth and the food was excellent. The German Chocolate cheesecake was amazing!Special Features:
- A New "Go To" SpotScotsGirlDined on 8/19/2014Esin was pitch perfect from the quiet ambience, (one can converse at a normal level!), to the service to the food. We were seated promptly for our 12:30 lunch reservation. Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and paced the meal well. The food was outstanding. Our salads came exactly as ordered including special requests and the salmon was cooked perfectly for both of us even though I like mine much more well done than my lunch companion. The desserts were both delicious. Serving sizes are generous for appetizers, entrees and desserts. Esin is perfect for lunch or a cozy dinner. It's quiet and comfortable on top of the great food. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pongee13VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food is consistent time over time - excellent! Had the grilled wild king salmon with farro and summer squash. The salmon was prepared medium rare, exactly how I like it. The stock used to cook the farro was rich and delicious. As usual desserts were wonderful. If I lived closer to the restaurant, I make a weekly visit.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Main Course: Pot roast was tender and amazing. Dessert: Lemon Meringue Tart very good. Also the server and the waitstaff were excellent. When ever I needed more water they were there. The sever was working the bar area and the tables she as was very punctual and helpful. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great Food!TattaaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food is always great but would love to see some changes to their menu. It's been the same entrees for years, other than a couple specials.Special Features:
- Always delieversDustersW77VIPDined on 8/15/2014Had a nice romantic dinner for 2 last Friday. As always, Esin delivers the goods. The food and drink was excellent but service was really outstanding. The server realized we were not in a rush as we rarely get out without the family. The pacing of the delivery of the dishes was on the money. Not too fast where they delivered courses on top of each other, but not too slow where you were looking around for the waiter. All in all it was another great evening at Esin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding food and service. We have enjoyed many, many wonderful dinners here, but tonight was exceptional, especially the serviceSpecial Features:
- Esin always a winnerBennyDined on 8/13/2014I have been to Esin at least 30 times and would go again tomorrow. Consistent well done service. Crisp table cloths, carpeted floors, comfortable and cushy chairs makes this restaurant a quiet retreat from the uncomfortable current trend. Wonderfully prepared King Salmon or Sea Bass with delicate sauces to match. A fabulous burger with every trimming you could want. Hankering for a delicious pot roast? It's all at Esin. Danville, Alamo, and San Ramon don't have the restaurants that Walnut Creek does. Esin stands alone for best food in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2014Attentive waiter, great food, nice setting would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome!FoodieDined on 8/7/2014Every time we've eaten here we've had a wonderful experience. The waiters/waitresses are always attentive and knowledgable about the menu. The food is fantastic!Special Features:
- Delicious from start to finish!DoctorRVIPDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a delightful mid-week dinner. Each dish, from start to finish was a winner. We started with the a "Small Plate" flat bread with fig, caramelized onion, walnuts, balsamic reduction and blue cheese which was fantastic! The chef was featuring 2 fish specials, a salmon and yellowtail, and they were outstanding and worth ordering again if they are offered in the future. The desserts at Esin are always standouts and the Brown Butter Pear Tart was no exception. No wonder this restaurant is so very popular!Special Features:
- FabulousEnjoysFoodDined on 8/3/2014We always enjoy dining at Esin's. The food is delicious and the service is always excellent. The servers really know their food, explaining it very nicely and making substitutions when requested. Of course, no one can top the desserts! They have several listed and then there are more....If you are looking for a quality restaurant, this is THE place! We've never been disappointed!Special Features:
- A Treat To Be Had!eveningonthetownDined on 7/31/2014We had the opportunity to celebrate a birthday with a very special meal at Esin. Our server was excellent, attentive without hovering. Our every dinning need was met and the food superb. My husband enjoy the wine flight of Pinot Noirs and discovered a new favorite. We will go back often, this is our "neighborhood gem"!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchsntabbyDined on 7/30/2014Love this place for girls day out lunch especially when celebrating a birthday as they serve the birthday girl the dessert of her choice- very nice!Their desserts are to die for! Prices are fair for lunch and I seem to like their lunch menu better than their dinner menu!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!mom2tworsVIPDined on 7/27/2014This has been my favorite restaurant for years now. I love the menu, the servers and the ambiance. Couldn't be better!Special Features:
- DisappointedLouDVIPDined on 7/26/2014If the restaurant reads this realize that you cannot please everyone and that it is not personal. The food was ok. The ideas were kind of unique but in the end not my best choice of meals. A little on the pricey side and not much of a return on investment. The dessert was not homemade no matter what people tell me....I know baklava. My mom makes it at home and been having it for 45 years. That was purchased and resold. In the end I tried this place because it was an open table recommendation and the reviews were very high. I unfortunately will not go back.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodMarianneDined on 7/26/2014Very nice restaurant; food was very good. Great service staff.Special Features:
- Repeat visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Took guests from out of town for dinner. Had the pot roast which is a signature dish, salmon and scallops were all perfect. Had to follow with desserts and highly recommend the bread pudding. Never disappointed with a meal at esin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner partyStormyDined on 7/25/2014There were four of us dining at Esin. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere. We also enjoyed lunch at this restaurant another day. It was equally great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDsmartpigDined on 7/24/2014Every time I go to Esin, I am more than happy with my experience. The service is great. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating. Most importantly, the food is fantastic! I highly recommend Esin!Special Features:
- Special experienceDisappointedDined on 7/24/2014Don't recall waiter's name - but he was terrific. Knowledgeable, professional, accommodating, timely. Food was pretty good. Desserts were better. Would come back again and recommend. Too pricey though for something other that special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerAnnoyedDined on 7/23/2014We could not have asked for more. From the warm greeting, our favorite booth, wine, salad, Scallops cooked PERFECTLY, the special fish of the evening, excellent service to the Fabulous Pecan Tart with a birthday candle, it was perfect. Thanks again Esin you have renewed our confidence and we are soooo glad you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2014As usual an outstanding meal and service. They are the most reliable restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- almost always greatsss7Dined on 7/21/2014Waiter friendly and informative. Excellent wine suggestions. Veggies should not be exciting, but these were cooked to perfection. No pressure to finish, 3 1/2 hours went by and we were never pressured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for my BirthdayLivermoreTeriDined on 7/19/2014I was looking for a new place to celebrate my birthday, and remembered a foodie friend highly recommended Esin. When I went online to view the menu, I was thrilled to see a lovely cheese plate and I decided to make an online reservation then and there. I ended up ordering the cheese for a dessert course after a wonderful meal. The service was spot on. My only comment to the staff was that the cheese should have been served room temperature, not right from cold storage. That resulted in the manager coming to our table...perfect. My husband and I look forward to a return trip.Special Features:
- The food was deliciousDavisdinerDined on 7/19/2014Everything was prepared beautifully and tasted wonderful. I had a salad which was lightly dressed - perfect. That was followed up by the salmon on a bed of barley and mushrooms with a ring of pesto on the plate. I asked for the salmon to be on the medium rare side and it was cooked to perfection. I came away from dinner feeling very satisfied. I would go back to Esin in a minute.Special Features:
- Great Seafood SpecialsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I were craving something a bit different, and had not been to Esin in over a year. We had the cheese sampler which was great. There were 2 fish specials for the day, we each got one; he the salmon, I got the seared yellowfin. Both were delicious. I will say the portions were small-allowing room for dessert. In the past I enjoyed the lemon meringue, I should have gotten that again-but was tempted by a lemon raspberry cake, which just didn't compare to their amazing meringue-the husband got a peach/blackberry tart with a crumble topping that was delicious.Special Features:
- LaVogueshDined on 7/18/2014Fabulous Food & Staff. Incredible energy and presentation. Wonderful fish and chicken. Dessert YUM!Special Features: