800 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.urestaurants.com/
- Phone: (678) 666-5198
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Escorpion
Tequila and Mezcal cocktails, authentic Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Escorpion reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Atmosphere and food was good, but food fell flat.mrp64Dined on 11/19/2014First time trying this restaurant and while I will go back and try again, the caliber of the food compared to Fritti and Sotto Sotto was a step down. I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas and the chicken was a bit dry, as was the rice. The food wasn't bad, it just didn't wow me. My dining guest had fajitas and picked out some of the chicken from his meal leaving a huge amount of onions. He ate about 1/3 of the food and was underwhelmed as was I. The service was great, the atmosphere is hip and cool, but the food fell a bit short for me. I need to try again to see if it was just a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Authentic MexicanDeniseDined on 11/1/2014Too many places are one step up from Taco Bell. This place, while having items that sound like everyday Mexican, elevates it by bringing really authentic recipes and flavors to bear. We really liked the special $15 menu - not sure when it was available - which gave us a lovely app and an entree. The servings are generous and the flavors outstanding. The carnitas, normally a bit dry at most places, was moist and well seasoned. We both loved the ceviche. The house margarita is the one to get - it's the only one with Reposada which really makes the drink.Special Features:
- Great mid-town vibeEatlantaDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed a creative, tasty and fun pre-theater dinner at Escorpion and look forward to going back when we have more time. They have a fixed menu for "speedier service" that provided enough variety for our party of six. I especially LOVED the tilapia ceviche appetizer. The atmosphere was noisy but not enough to deter conversation. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful but his supporting staff [water, chips, plate deliverers] seemed more confused than they should have been and we had to flag them down a couple of times when it would have been nicer if he checked-in on us occasionally. That said, it's a festive, fun, delicious casual mid-town experience and we'll be back!Special Features:
- Pre-show dinnerCindyPDined on 11/1/2014Had dinner and drinks before a show at the Fox. They have have quick options to be sure you can eat and get to the show on time. The chips, salsa & tacos were good but we really liked the strong margaritas: fresh lime juice and good tequila. Service was very attentive and festive for Day of the dead.
- OK BUT NOTHING SPECIALluv2eatDined on 10/29/2014The restaurant had nice décor and the food was not bad. The menu was limited and it seemed that they really pushed the Tacos. Even though I specifically asked the waitress to make sure that our entrees were not brought out while we were still having our appetizer, this is exactly what happened. In fact, it was not 5 minutes after we started on our appetizer that the entrees were brought out. Over all I would think the best thing about the restaurant would be the Tequila Bar. Otherwise, we would not go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Midtown MexKyMissDined on 10/26/2014Had dinner at Escorpion before a show at the Fox. Convenient to theatre, really good service and food. Great choice for pre-event meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014We've been to Escorpion before and would certainly return. The food is unique and great, and it's a nice change from the other spots in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- The barRudeHostessVIPDined on 10/20/2014Sara is the Best! We love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GTfanDined on 10/11/2014Excellent tacos and fajitas. Great location. Great atmosphere. Excellent service by Michelle.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSamFDined on 10/10/2014I was there to celebrate my birthday. It was a great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty but bewareLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/7/2014The chips and salsa were amazing. The food was good but a little too spicy for me. If you are sensitive to spicy food, I would not recommend this place. It was a quiet Tuesday evening and was very empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on the CornerTerranceBlountDined on 9/27/2014This is the first time we have came and I have noticed this place for quite some time. It wasn't until I booked it on open table that I realized I was missing out. They place a bit of Spanish music later at night with a DJ among other genres for a good mix. Great for the group of 6 that we had and the crowd was mixed and fun. I certainly will return here with friends when I want to grab a few drinks and just have a bit of fun without going to one of the local bars/clubs; this place serves pretty good food too that is obviously a few steps up from Bar food. The margarita pitchers certainly helped us enjoy the night at that. :-) Also free Valet Parking is behind the building on 5th street so take advantage there.Special Features:
- Not your average MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We ate here for the first time Saturday night. The food was top notch and our server was excellent! Certainly not a "fancy" restaurant, but has a great feel to it. For "not your average Mexican food fix" this is your place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best margaritas in Atlanta!AngelaHDined on 9/26/2014The food is fantastic and the staff is so friendly, and the margaritas are the best around!Special Features:
- FoxgoerGAdinerDined on 9/24/2014Tried Escorpion for dining before a show at the Fox. They had a special menu to get Fox goers in and out quickly. The food was delicious and our server was great! Ceviche and Baja fish tacos were wonderful! I would go back in a hearbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated Review: Same Old, Same OldLexiVIPDined on 9/24/2014I've written past reviews on this place. Every time I go, the service is great. (I think some of the friendliest people in Atlanta work here!) I also LOVE the great outdoor dining options. That said, the food is sub-par, especially at this price point. If you do go, try the Escorpion margarita.Special Features:
- Great food with great servicefoodgroupieDined on 9/14/2014The food was great. The ambiance was good. Our waiter was courteous and attentive and showed up just when needed. Service was spot on. Will definitely be back for food and service.Special Features:
- Great ServicecflashDined on 9/12/2014The food at Escorpion is great, but the service is even better. Outstanding visit, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourBusterStamusDined on 8/22/2014Great spot for after work or before a show at the Fox.Special Features:
- Mediocre at besttimjDined on 8/2/2014The only highlights were the salad and guacamole. Steak fajitas didn't taste like beef and the shrimp enchiladas weren't edible.Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the Escorpion reviews archive.
- Great food and friendly stafftwothumbsupDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I planned to grab dinner here before a concert at the Botanical Gardens. Unfortunately, due to Atlanta traffic, we were really late. The staff really friendly and did a great job at keeping us on time. The food was much better than I expected. I loved the salsa and the shrimp tacos were delightful. It was a wonderful experience and we definitely plan to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour + DinneryummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 7/15/2014Went with a girlfriend for HH drinks and small dinner. The margarita pitchers were delicious (read as: "strong") and the tacos were amazing. We got the queso dip as well, and overall a great experience. Service was pretty slow even with being one of the very few tables there at 5:30pm. Nice view of Peachtree if you sit outside, as long as you don't mind the noise, it's great.Special Features:
- Dinner before Fox showOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014Dinner here several times before seeing show at the Fox. Food is great, service is friendly and quick - they always ask if you are attending a show and cater their service accordingly.
- Great New Findlove2eatmexicanDined on 7/12/2014Service was good. I am not sure if it was sporadic because they respect the group vibe or just because it was busy. It was not bad service but it took a little longer to get refills on water and drinks. Otherwise it was great. It was girls night out and it was not too noisy to yell but a nice level and vibe. I love that we did not have to wait for the whole table to be seated. The ELOTES is a MUST it is great. Did I mention the ELOTES? The tacos were awesome and the chips and salsa were generous. No real complaints and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Midtown for businessLuckyDined on 7/11/2014This is great local restaurant in midtown Atlanta. We sat at a table for two on the. NOn-smoking side of the outside dining area. It was not too hot in Atlanta at, so it was perfect. They had a good selection of domestic and imported beers. I selected three tacos with fish for dinner and it was a meal. We started with chips and guacamole. It was excellent and fresh. My colleague had the chle replenish and the flavored were the best we had ever tasted of that dish. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAL1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent, reasonably priced meal. Barbacoa tacos were excellent!Special Features:
- Sub-par for my expectationLexiVIPDined on 6/26/2014I invited a group to come with me to Escorpion prior to attending an event at the Fox. I had been once before and had really enjoyed the drinks, food, and atmosphere. This time, service was slow - although very polite / courteous - and the food was less than exciting. I had two tacos and was disappointed at how little filling was in both (though I remember enjoying them last time). One of my companions ordered the chicken tinga, which was supposed to be a spicy shredded chicken, and it came out with bland flavoring and in giant pieces that had him asking if tinga was actually sausage and not chicken at all. Not sure we'll be back after this experience, especially when there are so many other places to enjoy pre-Fox.Special Features:
- Monday Night $2 tacos potOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/16/2014Cool place, aid back on Mondays but good deal for $2 tacos and $2 tact's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & food !Luv2dineDined on 6/16/2014Went to watch USA play in World Cup & had a great unobstructed view with a great booth. Everything from the ceviche to un rushed service was awesome. Even had a great opportunity to meet & speak with the manager Brian. Very polished cuisine to the normal Spanish flair @ such affordable prices! Thanks Michael for the mescal suggestion & chartreuse margarita - will defiantly recommende friends . Ole !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLive2eatDined on 6/14/2014Easy parking, great food, attentive service, would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, service, and foodBobMVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had a fun time at this restaurant. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quick mealExperiencedDined on 6/8/2014We chose this place for its proximity to the Fox Theater for dinner before a show. The service was excellent and the food was good. We enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanineDined on 6/7/2014Service is always good at Escorpion --- The food is good, too. Very enjoyable before the play.Special Features:
- Great place to unwindkco45VIPDined on 6/2/2014Got in town late and walked here from my hotel. Had Tecate in a salted can and some appetizers. All was great. Will be back.Special Features:
- No electricity – no service!DarsBuzzDined on 5/31/2014Ignore review. These review notes originated without dining experience. OpenTable server required filling in the blanks! Had reservations at Escorpion for four. Look forward to the food; menu looks yummy. 7 o'clock reservation: closed due to power outage. Georgia Power estimated at least an hour. Manager extremely nice and terribly apologetic. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funyummytummyVIPDined on 5/15/2014We went for a Bridal Shower, and the staff had our table ready and seated us immediately. The service was attentive, quick, and witty. Our server was so much fun, made great recommendations, and never once dropped the ball. He stored our cake, brought it out in a great display, sliced and served it, and boxed it for us when we were ready to leave. The food was fantastic! We had the shrimp and bbq tacos, the quinoa salad and we shared the queso and guacamole. Delicious and very fresh! The margaritas were wonderful and the prices were certainly fair.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2014honestly drinks are great, food hasnt made the cut on the 2 times i've come... not authentic yet average as a fusion product as well
- Great FoodAnn1Dined on 5/8/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday and had a great time. The food was good as well as the drinks. Plenty of room for a large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewyoungoneDined on 5/4/2014Overall...good. Will go back again. Like the indoor outdoor feeling with all the doors open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanUrbaneOptimistVIPDined on 5/1/2014Steady, dependable, great menu. Excellent service. Fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.