800 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.urestaurants.com/
- Phone: 6786665198
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday: 1:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Escorpion
Tequila and Mezcal cocktails, authentic Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Escorpion reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (13)fit for foodies (10)late-night find (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- GTfanDined on 10/11/2014Excellent tacos and fajitas. Great location. Great atmosphere. Excellent service by Michelle.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSamFDined on 10/10/2014I was there to celebrate my birthday. It was a great overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty but bewareLuv2eatVIPDined on 10/7/2014The chips and salsa were amazing. The food was good but a little too spicy for me. If you are sensitive to spicy food, I would not recommend this place. It was a quiet Tuesday evening and was very empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot on the CornerTerranceBlountDined on 9/27/2014This is the first time we have came and I have noticed this place for quite some time. It wasn't until I booked it on open table that I realized I was missing out. They place a bit of Spanish music later at night with a DJ among other genres for a good mix. Great for the group of 6 that we had and the crowd was mixed and fun. I certainly will return here with friends when I want to grab a few drinks and just have a bit of fun without going to one of the local bars/clubs; this place serves pretty good food too that is obviously a few steps up from Bar food. The margarita pitchers certainly helped us enjoy the night at that. :-) Also free Valet Parking is behind the building on 5th street so take advantage there.Special Features:
- Not your average MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We ate here for the first time Saturday night. The food was top notch and our server was excellent! Certainly not a "fancy" restaurant, but has a great feel to it. For "not your average Mexican food fix" this is your place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best margaritas in Atlanta!AngelaHDined on 9/26/2014The food is fantastic and the staff is so friendly, and the margaritas are the best around!Special Features:
- FoxgoerGAdinerDined on 9/24/2014Tried Escorpion for dining before a show at the Fox. They had a special menu to get Fox goers in and out quickly. The food was delicious and our server was great! Ceviche and Baja fish tacos were wonderful! I would go back in a hearbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated Review: Same Old, Same OldLexiVIPDined on 9/24/2014I've written past reviews on this place. Every time I go, the service is great. (I think some of the friendliest people in Atlanta work here!) I also LOVE the great outdoor dining options. That said, the food is sub-par, especially at this price point. If you do go, try the Escorpion margarita.Special Features:
- Great food with great servicefoodgroupieDined on 9/14/2014The food was great. The ambiance was good. Our waiter was courteous and attentive and showed up just when needed. Service was spot on. Will definitely be back for food and service.Special Features:
- Great ServicecflashDined on 9/12/2014The food at Escorpion is great, but the service is even better. Outstanding visit, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourBusterStamusDined on 8/22/2014Great spot for after work or before a show at the Fox.Special Features:
- Mediocre at besttimjDined on 8/2/2014The only highlights were the salad and guacamole. Steak fajitas didn't taste like beef and the shrimp enchiladas weren't edible.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly stafftwothumbsupDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I planned to grab dinner here before a concert at the Botanical Gardens. Unfortunately, due to Atlanta traffic, we were really late. The staff really friendly and did a great job at keeping us on time. The food was much better than I expected. I loved the salsa and the shrimp tacos were delightful. It was a wonderful experience and we definitely plan to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour + DinneryummyATLfoodsVIPDined on 7/15/2014Went with a girlfriend for HH drinks and small dinner. The margarita pitchers were delicious (read as: "strong") and the tacos were amazing. We got the queso dip as well, and overall a great experience. Service was pretty slow even with being one of the very few tables there at 5:30pm. Nice view of Peachtree if you sit outside, as long as you don't mind the noise, it's great.Special Features:
- Dinner before Fox showOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014Dinner here several times before seeing show at the Fox. Food is great, service is friendly and quick - they always ask if you are attending a show and cater their service accordingly.
- Great New Findlove2eatmexicanDined on 7/12/2014Service was good. I am not sure if it was sporadic because they respect the group vibe or just because it was busy. It was not bad service but it took a little longer to get refills on water and drinks. Otherwise it was great. It was girls night out and it was not too noisy to yell but a nice level and vibe. I love that we did not have to wait for the whole table to be seated. The ELOTES is a MUST it is great. Did I mention the ELOTES? The tacos were awesome and the chips and salsa were generous. No real complaints and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Midtown for businessLuckyDined on 7/11/2014This is great local restaurant in midtown Atlanta. We sat at a table for two on the. NOn-smoking side of the outside dining area. It was not too hot in Atlanta at, so it was perfect. They had a good selection of domestic and imported beers. I selected three tacos with fish for dinner and it was a meal. We started with chips and guacamole. It was excellent and fresh. My colleague had the chle replenish and the flavored were the best we had ever tasted of that dish. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAL1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent, reasonably priced meal. Barbacoa tacos were excellent!Special Features:
- Sub-par for my expectationLexiVIPDined on 6/26/2014I invited a group to come with me to Escorpion prior to attending an event at the Fox. I had been once before and had really enjoyed the drinks, food, and atmosphere. This time, service was slow - although very polite / courteous - and the food was less than exciting. I had two tacos and was disappointed at how little filling was in both (though I remember enjoying them last time). One of my companions ordered the chicken tinga, which was supposed to be a spicy shredded chicken, and it came out with bland flavoring and in giant pieces that had him asking if tinga was actually sausage and not chicken at all. Not sure we'll be back after this experience, especially when there are so many other places to enjoy pre-Fox.Special Features:
- The following 151 reviews are from the Escorpion reviews archive.
- Monday Night $2 tacos potOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/16/2014Cool place, aid back on Mondays but good deal for $2 tacos and $2 tact's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & food !Luv2dineDined on 6/16/2014Went to watch USA play in World Cup & had a great unobstructed view with a great booth. Everything from the ceviche to un rushed service was awesome. Even had a great opportunity to meet & speak with the manager Brian. Very polished cuisine to the normal Spanish flair @ such affordable prices! Thanks Michael for the mescal suggestion & chartreuse margarita - will defiantly recommende friends . Ole !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLive2eatDined on 6/14/2014Easy parking, great food, attentive service, would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good drinks, service, and foodBobMVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had a fun time at this restaurant. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quick mealExperiencedDined on 6/8/2014We chose this place for its proximity to the Fox Theater for dinner before a show. The service was excellent and the food was good. We enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanineDined on 6/7/2014Service is always good at Escorpion --- The food is good, too. Very enjoyable before the play.Special Features:
- Great place to unwindkco45VIPDined on 6/2/2014Got in town late and walked here from my hotel. Had Tecate in a salted can and some appetizers. All was great. Will be back.Special Features:
- No electricity – no service!DarsBuzzDined on 5/31/2014Ignore review. These review notes originated without dining experience. OpenTable server required filling in the blanks! Had reservations at Escorpion for four. Look forward to the food; menu looks yummy. 7 o'clock reservation: closed due to power outage. Georgia Power estimated at least an hour. Manager extremely nice and terribly apologetic. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funyummytummyVIPDined on 5/15/2014We went for a Bridal Shower, and the staff had our table ready and seated us immediately. The service was attentive, quick, and witty. Our server was so much fun, made great recommendations, and never once dropped the ball. He stored our cake, brought it out in a great display, sliced and served it, and boxed it for us when we were ready to leave. The food was fantastic! We had the shrimp and bbq tacos, the quinoa salad and we shared the queso and guacamole. Delicious and very fresh! The margaritas were wonderful and the prices were certainly fair.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2014honestly drinks are great, food hasnt made the cut on the 2 times i've come... not authentic yet average as a fusion product as well
- Great FoodAnn1Dined on 5/8/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday and had a great time. The food was good as well as the drinks. Plenty of room for a large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewyoungoneDined on 5/4/2014Overall...good. Will go back again. Like the indoor outdoor feeling with all the doors open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanUrbaneOptimistVIPDined on 5/1/2014Steady, dependable, great menu. Excellent service. Fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014Cool vibes... Great food... Great service!!! First timer here and I overall had a good experience. I'm pretty easy to please the food was fair priced and very appetizing... The one thing I would complain about is the overpriced drinks in small glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and fun atmosphere!KimGeddesDined on 4/20/2014Escorpion offers delicious Mexican food with flair. Outdoor dining provides scenic surroundings with an easy walk to the Fox Theater and other attractions. Our waitress was very attentive without being intrusive and offered great ideas when we had trouble deciding on an order. The offerings were delicious and the strawberry shortcake dessert was literally the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location for going to FoxMaeMaeDined on 4/19/2014Jonathan took awesome care of us! This is a good location when attending an event at the Fox. It is located on the same side of the street and just a couple of blocks down from the theater. They usually offer a meal for theater guest, and even a family style option for a group. The only down side is that you will encounter panhandlers to and from the restaurant-less than what you will encounter dining the opposite area from the Fox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Afternoon MealposttheaterDined on 4/12/2014We are from out of town, and walked to Escorpion after attending a Saturday matinee at the Fox Theater. No wait for a table, and quick, friendly service. Our party of 4 ordered a variety of items off the menu (a la carte tacos, plates, tapas). The margaritas were good -- very strong. Salsa was fresh and tasty, queso dip was superb -- we liked the thick homemade chips. Everyone had only good reviews for all tacos and tamals. My personal favorite was the salmon taco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014Waaaayy too loud. We could barely hear each other talk. Food was fair, drinks were decent, nothing to brag on. Complimentary valet & a very vibrant & eclectic crowd.Special Features:
- Escorpion never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2014Escorpion never disappoints. They always have great food and the service is always great. We have someone with an allergy in our party and the servers have always gone out of their way to make sure she has an allergy free meal. The service staff alone is worth a visit although the food is always great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent MexicanRobroyDined on 3/8/2014We went here after theater. Decent Mexican food but the place did not feel clean and the floor was slippery with what seemed like grease.Special Features:
- Great quick bite and cocktailNorthnightoutDined on 3/6/2014B4 going to the Fox for a show. Easy parking behind the restaurant, and quick menu and staff to serve tasty bites and libation before heading to the theatre.Special Features: