1311 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.escopazzo.com/
- Phone: 3056749450x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Giancarla Bodoni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for off-premisis events of up to 200 guests.
A word from Escopazzo
Giancarla Bodoni, Ecopazzo's chef and owner had been creating the magic that has been receiving rave reviews from local and nation wide publications since 1993. Her Italian menu is an assortment of contemporary and creative dishes as well as some traditional favorites, in her menu she uses only organic products and all her meats are chemical and hormone free, as chef and mother of three Giancarla believes in supporting industries that treat their land and animals in the most natural and humane ways possible. This, for the future of our health and the future of food for generations to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Escopazzo reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- After 6 years...Cuz0829Dined on 10/11/2014I waited to get back to Miami just for this restaurant. My favorite in the world. I loved the asparagus flan and mostly the Carmelized pear and ricotta handmade Raviolis. My 7 year old had two whole orders. These people can also pair some wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try the flan!SuperDaveDined on 9/5/2014Amazing asparagus flan! The steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely secretSweetypieDined on 8/21/2014I've past by this restaurant hundreds of time, but had never thought of dining there until a coupon opportunity falls he'd on my computer. I bought it and I am so glad I did!!!!!!!! Delicious, romantic, great service and just a lovely spot to enjoy a gourmet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique SoBe ExperienceMaryLee2028VIPDined on 8/1/2014Not your "typical" South Beach restaurant - this is truly a dining experience. Chef's tasting menu is the way to go - be open to new things, and this can be customized around allergies or specific requests. Can dine solo, with a date, or as a group. This is definitely a "repeat" place for me!Special Features:
- THOSE WERE THE DAYSDRBBVIPDined on 7/18/2014A MIAMI BEACH FIXTURE SINCE 1990`S. AT OUR FIRST VISIT A FEW YEARS AGO I WAS IMPRESSED BY THE SETUP. A WAIT STAFF OF TWO AND ONE FEMALE CHEF ALONE IN THE KITCHEN. ON THAT VISIT SHE DID A REMARKABLE JOB WITH TIMELY PREPARATION OF EXCELLENT DISHES.THIS VISIT FEATURED A MALE CHEF AND AGAIN TWO VERY NICE WAITERS/OWNERS.WE FOUND THE MUSIC AND THE LIMITED MENU TO BE DATED.WITH SEVERAL TABLES FREE IT STILL TOOK 3HOURS FOR THIS DINNER FOR TWO! SOME DISHES WERE GOOD OTHERS WERE SENT BACK. SADLY NOT MEMORABLE AND EXPENSIVE. POTENTIAL NOT REACHED THIS TIME BUT AM SURE THEY WILL HAVE BETTER DAYS.
- DisappointingRenaVIPDined on 7/18/2014The service was very slow, even though only three tables were occupied. The main course menu selection was very limited (3-4 dishes) and not all of them were available. The dessert was not even defrosted.
- The following 507 reviews are from the Escopazzo reviews archive.
- great food, a mini-trip to ItalybdeatsDined on 6/25/2014The food at Escopazzo is always fresh and perfectly composed--and delicious. It is much more like a restaurant in Italy than a restaurant in Miami Beach in that there are no frills (no foam or unexpected flavor combinations) but rather just really good cooking. Everything is handcrafted. The restaurant is especially accommodating to vegetarians, which is actually (strangely) hard to find here.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014We found the restaurant online googling Organic Restaurants. What a find! The food is truly spectacular. The staff is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. I would highly recommend this place to those who love high-quality, delicious Italian Food. WOW!Special Features:
- Over priced and not quality foodLuv2dineDined on 6/7/2014We didn't enjoy our meal or service, we had a group of 4 and no one got one thing that we really enjoyed, we shared 3 appetizers and each one of us got an entree, their menu is very limited so by trying 4 entrees and 3 appetizers we probably tried half of it. Food quality is not there, prices are way too high. Not a place I would recommend or ever go to again.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Nice place to eat, nice ambience. First time eating organic Italian and my family and I were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit Pricey!love2dineVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food was good. The dessert was excellent. We found the menu to be a bit pricey for what it offers It's a tiny restaurant, with about ten tables, cute inside but its in the middle of Washington Avenue and very hard to park. Even though the food was good...don't know if we'll return. Miami has so many great restaurant.
- EXPENSIVE! Not what it wasBEATSOUTVIPDined on 5/10/2014Been going here for years. Menu has changed a bit, not to my liking. Portions are VERY SMALL and VERY EXPENSIVE. As an example, a ravioli dish with 4 pieces was $35! In a really seedy area, a little uncomfortable.
- Great place for Gluten Free & VeganVeggieADDined on 5/7/2014Organic, Gluten Free, and Vegan options!! Absolutely loved our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Especially disappointedNanyVIPDined on 5/3/2014HORRIFIC service and yet 25% tip was forced on our bill...and the food was barely edible (with the exception of an appetizer). How could Rachel Ray recommend this place???
- Much left to be desiredNothappy2014Dined on 5/3/2014Would not recommend to a friend have told most of them that the staff was very nice and helpful however, the service was poor. They are understaffed. I was charged A mandatory tip even though we were a party of 2. What made it worse is that we were not shone a detail of the bill just a total so I don't know if I was billed correctly. The food was tasty but portions were small(that was fine). The wine was very good and since the staff was nice we didn't complain about the tip or lack of detail but we will not return since nice people and good wine are not hard to find at this price point.
- Dinner date with the wife.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014The restaurant is small and cozy on Washington Ave in Miami Beach, We where using the coupon from Groupon, we gave it to the host we order our appetizer and the main dishes..it took too long to have the food to be served , I think we waited over 20 minutes for the appetizer, which was just mozzarella/tomatoes. then we waited another 20 to 30 minutes for the main dish. While we waited for the food plus the time we where eating at least 12 people for 4 tables got into the restaurant and once they looked at the menu, they just got up and walked out, the prices are too high for the dishes they serve. Food was delicious but too much $$$$$. They should leave the tip for customers at their own discreation....
- OverpricedDaphishDined on 4/18/2014I know SOBE is expensive in general, but this was over the top, $290 before tip for two people. Food was tasty, except for dessert which was not, but ridiculously small portions.Special Features:
- This small Italian restaurantAnonymousDined on 4/12/2014This small Italian restaurant has a very nice, thoughtful, short menu with creative dishes and a carefully selected wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014A very nice And lovely low key place location. The food and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of HeavenlovepaleoDined on 4/10/2014I found Escopazzo quite by accident last year.I don't get to South Beach often and after my first experience there knew it would be my #1 choice if/when I ever visited again.Second visit a few weeks ago did not disappoint! My husband surprised me with tickets to see my favorite basketball team,The Miami Heat,play at home and spend a few days in South Beach.The service was impressive. The waiter's knowledge of the food and wines was extensive and helpful. We decided on the five course chef's tasting menu. Sheer heaven! My vocabulary does not contain enough adjectives to accurately describe how fantastic the food is. The wine pairings were perfect as well.Chef Giancarla was not cooking that night but her son did her proud.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/27/2014We hesitated making a reservation because of all the bad reviews on line, but we enjoyed a lovely evening with excellent food and service. The high quality organic ingredients were treated with care and creativity, even splitting courses in the kitchen for us. All the staff from chef to Maitre'D (CIA trained) to the waiter and assistant (both from Italy) are passionate and knowledgable about food and wine and made us feel welcome and happy to be there. Pastas are homemade, vegetarians will be in heaven, but omnivores like us loved the octopus, shellfish and bison. True, the decor is a little dated and the prices a little high, but we really enjoyed our experience, something we cannot often say in South Beach especially during the season.Special Features:
- Too expensive for vegan food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Too expensive for vegan food. It was very good, but the portions were too small for the price. I've been to other vegan fine dining restaurants and received much larger portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it hereFernVIPDined on 3/19/2014Always consistent and delicious. Rich, our server, is so knowledgeable with his recommendation on wine. Definitely one of favorites in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great raw food gormeteUriaDined on 3/15/2014I really have great time to eat the avocado sorbet with Cheries and arugula. The vegan raw lasagna was very good too. Good for raw vegan people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not good. weKenkDined on 3/8/2014The food was not good. we returned 6 of 8 main courses as they were inedible... too under cooked and too sweet/over salted. the service was pleasant but not attentive to the debacle that was occurring. I would not eat there again nor recommend the restaurant. if it hadn't been a party for my father's birthday i would not have paid for the meal it was so bad. The decor was dated and tired. i stopped to tell the chef who asked me to come back and try again. :(
- Delicious FoodAwesomeDined on 3/7/2014Great service, fresh and delicious food. Easy to valet. This restaurant continues to be one of the Best Italian Restaurants in Sobe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/4/2014This is by far one of my favorite restaurants. The service is impeccable, I am a fan of their asparagus fan and pretty much anything on the menu. The atmosphere is cozy, romantic and intimate unlike many of the tourist traps in Miami. Anytime I am in Miami I make it a point to have a meal here.Special Features:
- Worst part of our Miami vacationoilball83Dined on 3/2/2014This restaurant is horribly overpriced for what you get. It is a small, outdated restaurant with no charm or ambiance to speak of, charging fine dining prices for nothing special.
- FOR THE PRICE OF THE FOODMarthaDined on 2/28/2014FOR THE PRICE OF THE FOOD THE SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE. YOU CAN GET BETTER SERVICE AT CHILLIS.
- Very pricey, but exceptionalMszdocDined on 2/17/2014Very pricey, but exceptional quality of food and preparation make it worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to wait approximatelyGourmet8Dined on 2/15/2014Had to wait approximately 20 minutes despite having a reservation. However, they were gracious and offered wine or prosecco while we waited (although we declined). The octopus was absolutely delicious. My osso buco was average and so were the lamb chops. This was surprising since we had always had wonderful meals in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rip OffRazzyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Waiter upsold us to the vegan tasting menu. Didn't explain that he was going to charge us twice the price of the exact same food as on the standard menu. When I got the bill of $271 with no alcohol I thought there was clearly an error. The staff made no apologies whatsoever. Complete tourist trap. Avoid at all cost!
- Makes everyone happy!vivraquelDined on 2/15/2014I am a vegan, my daughter a vegetarian and my husband well a carnivore . They have healthy, delicious , organic foods to please anyone. From the Vegan, vegetarian taste menus to the regular menu with, fish, meats and pastas. We have been there a few times and we are always happy with the delicious upscale food, great service and ambience !I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a great organic, healthy meal that is just out of this world. And they make Vegan food just taste so special, anyone would be able to eat it and be so happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good yelp reviews are rightSomeGuyAndHisWifeDined on 2/14/2014Went for valentines. It was exactly what I was hoping. My wife and I are apparently "foodies" and this was pretty darn good. Cozy intimate setting - just ask to be in the back and at a table by itself if it's a date. It's more intimate than the front or the random long bench table. The staff were all friendly, attentive, and knowledgable. Bread was cold, but different and delicious Had the asparagus flan - tasty and different - try it. my wife had some sweet savory ravioli with truffle oil. Super awesome. considered ordering more. surprisingly we were too full for desert so i cant comment. Bonus They gave us (and later the couple next to us) an extra appetizer for free just because we were splitting it and they thought it was small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/31/2014We've been going here for many years on our annual visit to South Beach but will never go again. The quality of the food and poor service do not justify the high prices and small portions (literally a few bites)The main course were loaded with salt. We were never served our drinks and although were told they were bringing more bread (necessary as we were never offered dessert or coffee and finally just asked for the check which took 20 minutes and was incorrect. We were not the only diners that night who felt this way as you could hear the grumbling Of the other tables nearby. There are too many wonderful new additions to the restaurant scene to ever return.
- Been to better Italian restaurantsDaveAVIPDined on 1/28/2014They were pretty shorthanded, considering they got busy later on. Fish was dry. Squash pasta was good. bread was horrible. What is it with some Italian restaurants that they have to serve dry stale bread? For the price we would go someplace else.Special Features:
- Overpriced and averageMARKDined on 1/21/2014The waiter disappeared for extremely long periods of time when we were obviously not going to spend the big bucks for the tasting menu. The food was good and presented well but not good enough of it for the prices. It should be $$$$. Watching the stumble drunks outside the storefront window was a huge negative to the ambiance.
- Great find in South BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2014Loved this place; the food and cuisine is very fresh and innovative. Ingredients are all organic, natural, pastured or grass fed. I had the braised bison and it was excellent. Highly recommend it. Husband had duck; very good also. Appetizers were chargrilled octopus and asparagus terrine. Both fabulous. Very professional, attentive service from excellent wait staff and you don't feel rushed at all. owner recommended a great wine that we loved too. Place is small so call for reservations ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceVeggiesDined on 12/28/2013I have been to this place three times and it is always great. The fact that it is small helps the awesome service. I would recommend it to everyone, however, I wanted to point out that I am vegetarian and they have quite a few delicious options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bang for the buckSuzieQVIPDined on 12/26/2013What a gem! The outstanding butternut squash ravioli more than made up for the somewhat inconsistent service. Grilled Octopus was also a delight. Somewhat limited wine list but definitely worth a stop when you are next in South Beach.Special Features: