Escena Lounge & Grill
1100 Clubhouse View Dr.
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Escena Lounge & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://escenagrill.com/
- Phone: (760) 992-0002
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 6:30am - 6:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 6:30am - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch served Sundays from 9:00am - 3:00pm
Live Entertainment Friday 5pm-9pm
Happy Hour 3p-6p daily!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Tuesday - Thursday, 5pm-9pm (seasonal November - May; acts subject to change)
Tuesday: John Stanley King
Wednesday: Rose Mallet
Thursday: Lola Rossi
A word from Escena Lounge & Grill
Escena Lounge and Grill pairs delectable California-fusion cuisine with eye-popping design and a playful, retro vibe. Spacious indoor and dog friendly outdoor dining areas frame majestic views of the towering San Jacinto Mountains. Voted Best New Restaurant of 2010 by readers of Palm Springs Life, Escena Lounge + Grill is open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour. Hours, menus and live entertainment schedules vary seasonally; please call or check our website for current information. Escena Lounge + Grill is located within the Escena Palm Springs community and is connected to the stunning Escena Golf Club. Dining and golf are open to the public year-round. Enter from Vista Chino 200 yards east of Gene Autry Trail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Escena Lounge & Grill - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Escena Lounge & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (55)great for outdoor dining (50)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (25)good for groups (24)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Best view in the cityJamesVIPDined on 11/25/2014You can't beat the outdoor patio dining for lunch. Best views in town. Food at Escena is interesting and always good. Service is consistently marginal at best. Don't go if you are in a rush. Just relax and get on "Escena" time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu items not availablesdtcnaVIPDined on 11/8/2014On arrival, we found out there was a wedding party on the outside deck with a live band, very noisy, even indoors. Then the waiter arrived and announced they were out of prime rib (their November special), baby back-ribs, mashed potatoes, carrots, asparagus and green beans. Needless to say, it was downhill from there.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!kparisDined on 11/8/2014We four enjoyed the happy hour menu. The salmon sliders are amazing. We can't wait to return for lunch. The housemade potato chips are the best!Special Features:
- View and a Special GuestWWCIIDined on 11/8/2014Staff quite attentive and knowledgeable. Arguably an unmatched view and the added intrigue of the fearless Road Runner was a bonus. Ordered the wedge and fish tacos. Flavors were superb. The better half went with the burger. Portions will satiate and I would be remiss if I failed to acknowledge the house made chips. In a word great. Certainly shall return perhaps for dinner next go around. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great lunch!PalmSpringsChrisDined on 11/8/2014We're long-time diners at Escena Lounge & Grill and the food was good as usual. Caeser, our waiter - did a superb job of stepping us through lunch. The only drawback this trip - is that our outdoor reservation was cancelled due to a "group party" deciding to take over the patio. That said, we had a wonderful lunch and still managed to have a good view of the valley. This continues to be one of our favorite spots for lunch as the food is always good, and the view excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CluelessSelllhiDined on 11/7/2014We tried this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend. While the golf course and mountain views nice, there is nothing else that would make us recommend that place nor would we ever go back there! From the get-go, the drink service was poor. When we ordered a nice bottle of red wine (~$100), we discovered that it had a cork taste. Upon informing the waiter, he took the bottle and disappeared for at least 15 minutes. When he returned, he informed us that 'management' tasted the wine and told him that there was nothing wrong with that wine. Dissatisfied, we asked to speak to management and were left waiting for another good 10 minutes, at what point we finally had enough and left. These guys (whoever they are) are clueless and probably couldn't even run a hot dog stand. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else - there are so many great restaurants in the area. This is definitely not one of them!Special Features:
- Very Beautiful settinglkcguamVIPDined on 11/5/2014The view against the Valley with mountain backdrop is lovely. The roadrunner visiting the patio was far more interested in any morsel of house made potato chips anyone might drop, but they were too good to give away. The menu is simple Middle America fare of good quality.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Didn't appreciate the television on above the fireplace in the dining area. Television viewing should be in the bar area not the dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Restaurant/Cool StaffBillDined on 10/9/2014The inside restaurant and outdoor patio over looking the golf course is stunning. You will want to lunch here or take someone out for a special dinner. The place is dog friendly so your fur child can accompany you on the spacious patio. The complimentary chips brought to table at the beginning are SOOO delicious. The menus is what one would expect in southern California...all fresh...My only criticism of this stunning restaurant is the very unfriendly and cool wait and bus staff. The restaurant ambience says welcome to a special place...but the unsmiling distant waiters and bus boys don't seem to care about the restaurant or the patrons.....strange...but don't let that stop you from experiencing a great venue in Escena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014favorite restaurant in Palm Springs romantic, delicious food and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Views in Palm SpringspsguyVIPDined on 9/27/2014I always enjoy going to Escena. It's one my favorite lunch and brunch spots in Palm Springs. Our dinner experience was very good last weekend. I had the sand dabs and my partner ordered the prime rib. Both were good choices and prepared to our liking. I would definitely go back again for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go For the ViewSteverVIPDined on 9/25/2014Escena is a nice spot in a pleasant room for indoor dining, and a spectacular view if you're eating outdoors. The food is just okay, not bad, but nothing special, either. Service tends to be slow. This time, we had to wait quite a while for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014There were 4 of us and all enjoyed the meals very much. A little pricy on the drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Although it was too hot to eat outside, we opted to stay indoors and it was just a wonderful experience. The service was spot on, the food delicious and the decor was upscale modern.Special Features:
- very nice for brunch or lunchDRB313Dined on 9/13/2014I try to go for brunch or lunch at least one time while visiting PS. The view of the mountains from the restaurant is probably the best in Coachella Valley. Food is consistently good and so is service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMarioVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our meal was excellent we had the prime rib dinner a great deal and the wedge salad was also very good and the views were incredible.Special Features:
- COMING BACKtinkerbelDined on 9/5/2014This is a great place the servers are very friendly and helpful the service is fast and very good, the food is excellent. We will come back and put in a good word on facebook to spread the word. Thank you very much, AnnemarieSpecial Features:
- Service a bit slowkparisDined on 8/30/2014It could have been our fault --- we turned our server away because we weren't ready to order .....but it took a really long time for dinner. BUT, we loved the popovers and the complimentary mussel....Special Features:
- Reliable quality foodMoreoverVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been here on several occasions and please every time with the quality of the food, the portions, and service. Plus you get a great view while dining and during cooler months, it is a joy to dine outside. Weekends there is usually a singer performing adding to the vibe.Special Features:
- What's not to like?tomronVIPDined on 8/28/2014Escena came through with flying colors. Although it was a very slow night (Thursday in the Desert Summer Heat), everything was up to snuff. The Thursday apecial is 1-1/2 pound lobster, and it was excellent (following a lovely salad), and priced right.Special Features:
- Great!!!!!!HappiestDined on 8/23/2014Got engage in the patio over the bridge, i will never forget!!!!Special Features:
- DissapointedJoeyVIPDined on 8/23/2014How come I don't get any points or rewards for being a loyal customer at Open Table?I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed dinner at this very romantic and beautiful spot on Friday evening. Great views of the mountains surrounding Palm Springs, service was attentive and food was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:
- A nice surprise!YearrounderDined on 8/21/2014Took two other couples. Everyone was delighted with our selection and I know will return. Each of us really enjoyed our meal. Presentation and other little details make it a special place to go.Special Features:
- Most beautiful view in the ValleyJewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you have guests coming from out of town and want to show them them best meal and view ever, Escena is the place to go! Outstand food, service and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great supriseVRodriguezDined on 8/15/2014I searched internet pages to find a nice location for wife's birthday as we were visiting Palm Springs. The place was a surprise indeed. The restaurant was quiet and dimmly lit. The servers were excellent and even offered us the Chef's special with a discount rate. The food was excellent and were creatively placed on the dinner plates. Even the salad was set nicely. There was an acoustic guitar player that was very talented and the music selection was very nice. The views were incredible with outdoor seating areas and ponds. This place had it all and was affordable compared to many of the higher priced P.S restaurants. I would definately vist again for a special occasion with no hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinners great; Lunch needs workPhilipDined on 8/15/2014We have had several dinners here where the service and food were excellent. That being said, our first lunch experience was less than expected. The service was simple and good. The food however was odd and bland. The chefs idea of "Fish&Chips left much to be desired. All said though, this is a fine restaurant; maybe it was just a chefs experiment that needs re-thinking?Special Features:
- jillVIPDined on 8/8/2014having eaten as Escena many times, I introduced my husband and some friends to dinner in the dining room..Previously, I had eaten many times after golf....we all loved our experience and plan to go back and bring more peopleSpecial Features:
- Always the bestJoeyVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is our first time (or me) to have a Prime Rib. The best and will always come back for more Prrime Rib.I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new finddcmb2Dined on 8/8/2014Easy drive from Orange County. Beautiful scenery from every seat. Food was great. Service was excellent and friendly. Reasonably priced. Overall a winner for meeting friends for brunch. Golf and country club vibe with a contemporary twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningdesertdinerDined on 8/7/2014The setting was beautiful. The service was great. My halibut was too dry, but the other people in my party really enjoyed their meals. We will go back again - am looking forward to having brunch thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Valleys bestsJewelOfCochellaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Have been going to Escena for several years now. Never ever get disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014The view is beautiful! Everyone had a great meal. Service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 260 reviews are from the Escena Lounge & Grill reviews archive.
- Always great!!xxxxxVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had a great time with good friends...as wanted and expected here! A pleasure to be greeted warmly and for all to be perfect...never to fear!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceJoanDined on 7/12/2014Wanted to grab a quick lunch before heading to the airport with my guest. Encena was the perfect spot. The view of the mountains, over the golf course is stunning. The food was excellent, the service pleasant and prompt. Overall, a great place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!!xxxxxVIPDined on 7/11/2014Always a wonderful place for friends or family...beautiful setting...great food...service great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/5/2014Very noisy with kids running around - and it seems in off season not everything is fresh - one of the parties ordered a burger and it was spoiled meat - how can u even begin to eat after that nasty experience and taste !!Special Features:
- Sadly, the poor service continues.Luv2DineOutDined on 7/4/2014From the time the hostess called to confirm our reservation (and wouldn't allow us to add 2 additional people to our party without the GM intervening on our behalf) to the manager, Kelly, telling us that the poor service we were receiving (we sat for 40 minutes before our waiter took our drink order and all the parties at nearby tables who were seated after us got served before we did) was because we and others changed our reservations, our dining experience was horrendous. We live in the Escena community and have been hoping in our two years there that the service will change. It never does. They are on manager #5 in 2 years. Its truly a shame because the food is quite good and the views are the best in Palm Springs. Poorly trained staff.Special Features:
- 4th JulyIonaDined on 7/4/2014It was a beautful evening! Everything was perfect. The food could not hve been better, service excellent. We had a a wonderful view of the firerworks. Will defintiely do the next year. IreneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!!xxxxxVIPDined on 6/25/2014A place of style and comfort with great Palm Springs feelings... Friends oramily!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.