Escala Provisions Company
3551 North Escala Court
Park City, UT 84098Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Escala Provisions Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.escalalodge.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 4359401234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (or to Close)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jesse McDannell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Escala Provisions Company
Diners are warmly welcomed to EPC by the rustic-modern open kitchen"s hearth stone oven. The Kitchen and Bar menu is a mix of mini sharing plates and hearty, comfortable meals that end with fabulous classic desserts. Passion does not end in the kitchen, as handcrafted beers from local brew masters and wines from the Americas find a home at the bar- perfect for après-anything…Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Escala Provisions Company reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OK but not greatkeithDined on 3/15/2014Everything was fine but nothing wowed me. I was looking for an alterantive to The Farm and Edge Steakhouse in Canyons Village but this did not live up to either one. Again, it was good but not great.Special Features:
- Service was OKmadrugadorVIPDined on 3/13/2014I had read the reviews of this restaurant and was a little concerned. We had early reservations and the establishment was not crowded. Having said that, I only ever saw two wait staff and our waiter was busy with a large group (10-12?) of which many were children. The host did come to our table and took our drink and appetizer order and the waiter took over after that. All in all, we did not wait for service because the host was not afraid to pitch in and help out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing...BorisDined on 3/7/2014While the decor is gorgeous and the location amazing if you're staying at the Hyatt Escala Lodge, the service leaves an awful lot to be desired. We waited 20 minutes for someone to come by the table to take a drink order. Some of us ordered soup, some salad. One of our salads arrived by itself. One was forgotten. The soup arrived a few minutes after the salads. The kids, who we wanted to feed ASAP, were waiting and waiting. After the third time we complained to the manager, we were asked to keep our comments to ourselves. The food was good. The pizza is delicious, as is the bison burger. The beef short rib was good, but I think it was really a beef brisket in disguise. There are better choices around the resort and in town...
- Fairly new restaurantAppleguytimDined on 2/14/2014We were very happy we got a reservation a peak date during President's Weekend break. We were amazed at how good the food and service was. We are definitely going back on our next trip.Special Features:
- First visit - great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014We visited EPC on a Monday evening following the superbowl at 6PM and it was very quiet. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and efficient. The restaurant had an open floor plan with no separation of the bar area from the restaurant. TV's were playing in the bar, but the furnishings and glass fireplace in the restaurant area made for an elegant feel. For appetizers, I had the crab cakes and my husband had the artisan salad. Both were ample sized portions, so we shared them. For entrees, I had the grilled salmon served with aborio rice croquette and roasted beets, and my husband had the braised pork with saffron risotto and kale. Both dishes were done perfectly. We would definitely visit again on our next trip to Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve Buffet DInnerVeggianDined on 12/31/2013The service was great, the food was just ok, the soup was cold, the wine list was short and the entire dinner was very expensive. We were not told about the price of the buffet and our dinner for two kids, two adults was over $500. We didn't order any alcohol. My husband was promised that we would be able to order off the menu, should we not like the buffet and that an extensive wine list would be available. There was not menu available, buffet only and no extensive wine list. The service was great, unfortunately, the food was not so great. The soup was cold. The only non meat entrée was halibut that was way over cooked. Thank you.
- New Year's EvereniewVIPDined on 12/31/2013We were very disappointed overall. We were not told that it was a buffet and not their regular menu. We were certainly not told that the charge was $125+ for adults and $65+ for kids(for hamburgers and chicken tenders). We were not told that our 5:45-6:00 reservation was the same time give to about 100 people. There are other restaurant buffet in the same area for about 1/2 the price.
- Awesome pizzagoshendocVIPDined on 12/28/2013Lovely and classy setting. The pizzas are awesome, the salads are expensive. The wine list isn't really a list. Needs work but the future is very promising. Deserts read better than they taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal -- beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2013Delicious meal -- beautiful view (we ate outside) -- great service. So glad EPC is at Canyons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect meal!sconniefoodchickDined on 3/24/2013Stayed at Sunrise Lodge for 3 nights and this was the closest restaurant. We went on a sunday night around 7 pm. Not very crowded. Service was a wee bit slow but very personable and went above and beyond anything we asked. The food was VERY good...trout was two thumbs up...as was the hangar steak my husband had - both entrees were spectacular! We also had the scallop appetizer and it was delish...and split the ceasar salad, which was average. Indulged in a bottle of Wily Jack Zinfandel and that was a great choice - excellent. Dessert...the cranberry bread pudding totally put us over the edge...you could easily share that with 4 people. It was also very tasty and a treat with the tart cranberries. Go there...it was awesome!!Special Features:
- Don't be fooled. Just becausestarantVIPDined on 3/21/2013Don't be fooled. Just because this restaurant is in a Hyatt hotel doesn't mean the food can't be good, because it really is that good here. Nice casual ambiance, excellent service and food that's simply terrific. I stayed in a condo nearby and dropped in here because it was convenient toy lodging. It was a very good decision. I had the trout entre with scallops as an appetizer. Both were incredibly good.Special Features:
- No serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2013Sat for 10 min without getting any service. We got up and left. Very disappointed as we are locals and had been wanting to try this restaurant.
- Excellent Food and Family FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/16/2013We had an excellent meal and the service was good as well. They have an incredible kids meal selection and were fantastically flexible with ordering a side of an entree accompaniment.Special Features:
- This was a great place toMaryDined on 2/14/2013This was a great place to eat. The food was fantastic and the service was even better. The thing I noticed most was that not only were my partner and I waited on by our waiter, but there were others around willing to refill glasses or get us whatever we needed. The constant attentive attitude was a treat! The only thing I was not impressed with was that I had made a reservation for a quiet place and then switched it to by the fireplace and when we arrived, the hostess did not take my name to check it with the reservation and she wanted to put us by a window. She was accommodating when I told her my reservation was by the fireplace, but I did not feel I needed to state as such. Overall, my partner and I were impressed and will be back.Special Features:
- Interesting menu/concept/decor.HM215VIPDined on 1/3/2013Interesting menu/concept/decor. Good veggie pizza. Not many people there during a peak time. Not a good sign.Special Features:
- Had a lovely evening at EscalaimdubiousVIPDined on 12/28/2012Had a lovely evening at Escala PC. The Airline Chicken was incredibly juicy and the lamb shank was large and tender, and the pappardelle was spot on. Brioche bread pudding was excellent. Excellent service and the decor was open and interesting.Special Features:
- Was a Xmas dinner, a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2012Was a Xmas dinner, a little before the real ski-season. Empty, poor ambience, and buffet style. Expensive. Then they included a tip !! Not impressed. They were reasonable in handling my complaint.Special Features:
- New Chef is the bomb!AliGDined on 12/15/2012Ingredients sourced locally and it shows!! UT trout was our favorite, followed by the mac-n-cheese, then the harvest vegetable pizza, and finally the home-made S'mores (you seriously can't miss this dessert!). Everything was artfully presented and simply delicious. Warm cozy atmosphere and excellent attentive service. Go soon - this place is going to be hard to get into once the word gets out.Special Features:
- average dining experiencebgust615Dined on 8/22/2012Being a long-time Hyatt customer, I had high expectations for our first-time dining experience. We were mildly disappointed. I ordered the rib eye steak and found it to be only average. For the price I was surprised that it came with only a side of cold slaw. My wife's pasta, however, was quite good. We ordered coffee & were shocked at the $4.00/cup price. In summary, the resraurant is new but has several improvements to make before I would return.
- Beautiful restaurant. FourthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Beautiful restaurant. Fourth of July fare. Buffet very nice. Staff very niceSpecial Features:
- Went for the "Pig Roast"TTK2Dined on 7/3/2012Went for the "Pig Roast" Buffet dinner. It was awful! The pig was cold, the person serving it did not know how to cut it, so he sort of "scraped/shredded" the meat, the sides were inedible, IE: the corn on the cob was old, frozen dried out, no BBQ sauce until we asked, the only bread available were cold hotdog/hamberger buns, hambergers/hotdogs were pre-cooked and sitting in a dish-cold, cole slaw tasted like it had come from an industrial kitchem, pickles were situated right by the dessert, sheet cake and pickle juice had dripped all over the cake (poor food arranging). There was nothing attractive about the food, so after talking with the manager, we left.
- The food was very good andabrlDined on 4/1/2012The food was very good and service was great; however it should be noted there were only 3 tables occupied at the time. The food is VERY expensive and I would not go there without a coupon of some kind.
- The food was good, with lower-costOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2012The food was good, with lower-cost and pricier options. They need to figure out something better for the parking however, as the parking garage seemed to be only for hotel guests and we had to park in the ski lot down the hill and across the street.Special Features:
- The menu is not very extensivedebnajdVIPDined on 3/16/2012The menu is not very extensive but it is vaired enough that most everyone should be able to find a dish to order. We ordered the trout entree and the fondue appetizer. Both were very good. Enjoyed this fondue more than large fonue main courses we've ordered at german/swiss restaurants. The trout was served on a potato, onion, and red pepper mixture. The trout was cooked perfectly. Service and ambiance was good but only because there were very few diners. The open floor plan of the dining room leads me to believe that this restaurant could be quite noisy if it is full of diners. Don't know if this is the case but I wouldn't want to chance it because I do not like noisy restaurants.
- The ambiance was nice. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2012The ambiance was nice. Very well decorated in a nice hotel. The service was slow. The food was very sub par for the price. When you pay that much you expect something spectacular and it was anything but.
- Beautifulbut too many flaws for nowYummy2Dined on 2/26/2012IT is a beautiful casual spot close to my home that I would like to love but some major issues to work out before I return. There was no one to greet us, not even a hostess stand set up, and we were told to seat ourselves. They said 3 people quit the day before but they were seasonal workers so I assume they should have known. The servers didn't even talk to each other so no on came to our table until we had been there 20 minutes. There were only 3 tables there yet the food took a very long time and my 'healthy' salmon plank was very overdone and laden with huge amounts of salt and teriyaki (both of which I love but it was WAY too much). They redid the salmon for me and it was great. More issues but at any rate...I will try again maybe.
- Our waitress was very friendlyPCAnnieDined on 2/23/2012Our waitress was very friendly and showed the proper amount of attentiveness. The food was good but not spectacular. Wine prices are quite steep. We brought our own wine, and the waitress told us up front that the corkage was $25. This is quite a bit more than most Park City restaurants charge. There is no ambiance here. You feel like you are eating in a cafeteria.
- There were three tables satOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012There were three tables sat in an otherwise empty resturant and we were sat next to the kitchen door. The food was incredibly overpriced considering its average quality. No one at our table left thinking this place was anything to remember.
- Off to a slow startOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2012A bit disappointing as a destination restaurant in the highly competitive Park City resort market. Only opened within the past month, has a lot of maturing to do to succeed in the Canyons.