Waldorf Astoria Laquinta Resort & Spa
56150 PGA Blvd
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laquintaresort.com/dining/ernies/
- Phone: (760) 564-7125
- Hours of Operation:
Grab 'n Go Breakfast Monday to Thursday 6am - 7am
Full Breakfast Service 7am - 11am
Lunch 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Happy Hour Daily 3pm to 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Frank Shimazu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ernie's Bar and Grill is available to host your golf outing, business meeting or social occasion. Wonderful golf course wedding ceremony locations available.
- Entertainment: 10 Plasma screens featuring every sporting event and all of the sport packages. $5 Bloody Mary Bar every weekend with additional food and drink specials. We play all your favorite games with NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN Gameplan.
- Special Events: Make Ernie's you home base for sporting events through the year. We also organize special holiday theme events, wine dinners, beer dinners and live entertainment throughout the year. Please watch our website, facebook or open table home page for events announcements.
A word from Ernie's
Ernie's is an "open to the public" Gastro-Pub located at PGA West, overlooking the famous Stadium and Nicklaus Tournament courses. The hallmark of Gastro Pub fare is that it takes adventurous twists on familiar food, all made from scratch with palette arousing ingredients. Ernie's offers both a casual and refined atmosphere that welcomes the casual beer drinker, the wine enthusiast or the hipster looking for a cocktail. The restaurant consists of booths, low and high top tables positioned to provide people watching, sports on various TV’s or take in golf course views. The large patio provides both outdoor living room furniture and table dining. Two gas fire pits provide and area to relax, unwind and socialize.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ernie's reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014We had the private room for my birthday and it was fabulous. The food and service were exceptional and the overall experience great. The only bummer was that the restaurant closed at 8:30 on a Saturday night. We were not aware and felt a bit rushed although we stayed until 9.Special Features:
- Horrible, horrible, horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014The service was the worst service I have ever had. If the food was excellent that may have made up for some of the service issues, but it was subpar.
- Golf gemTravelerDined on 10/18/2014Went to Ernie's for lunch a had a wonderful experience. Great patio overlooking one of the golfcourses. Excellent food at a good price. Excellent service too. Golfer or not, a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would come back and try againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Good food, I would be more effusive if I didn't have to send my burger back for being charred to a crisp and sent out with the wrong cheese. Staff was very apologetic, but the replacement was just good, not a great burger. My friends salad looked delish, but the menu is rather limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time in a weekHappyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We live in PGA west and it is convenient for us to dine at Ernies. This was our second visit in a week. We were glad to have an ahi tuna special as we miss it on the new menu. Food was excellent - staff seems new; albeit friendly and helpful. the music was on too loud to enjoy a conversation with our table mates and we asked to have it lowered which did not happen. Overall - wonderful experience.Special Features:
- TjcoleVIPDined on 8/30/2014For a PGA Golf course restaurant, I'm extremely disappointed! I have even given them two chances. I'm done! First off, their menu is inaccurate. States that they serve flour tortillas with their huevos rancheros, but it comes out as corn. My boyfriend ordered the smoked salmon plate and was given a raisin bagel! Asked for a plain and was told they haven't had plain bagels in months. The milk they served for our coffee was curdled. Need I go on?
- Great serviceHappyVIPDined on 8/28/2014We were late for our reservation - close to the kitchen closing- we were seated, served and not rushed even though we were the last to leave. We appreciated that service. Relatively new menu - missed the Ahi Tower - we both had salads - fresh and tasty. We actually ate there twice this week. On the second trip we had a special (AHI!) and the flank steak - they did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Special dishesoldschoolVIPDined on 8/23/2014I now have a few dishes that I like in particular. The steak salad is excellent! The lobster salad is very good with avocado. Also the Oriental Chicken Salad and half portions are available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be betteroldschoolVIPDined on 7/29/2014Over a half hour to make three salads at lunch when not busy. No rolls offered or brought.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Ernie's reviews archive.
- Wake up!oldschoolVIPDined on 7/20/2014We are regulars at Ernie's and eat there at least once a week. Food has improved and it is a nice sports bar. Reservations are recommended and need to be honored.
- KarenVIPDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed the food! Nice improvement from the previous year. Beautiful setting! Staff was great! Karen YanneySpecial Features:
- Nice PlacenewintheareaDined on 6/16/2014Our gathering of eight enjoyed the beverages, food and service. The special treatment each employee extended us while we were there was great. Our plans are to come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceDesertdinerDined on 6/14/2014Nice restaurant with great views but 4 of our party of 9 ordered the Seabass for dinner and it was not good. Recommend lunch here but not dinner entres.
- New menu items Yummy!!!CERM75VIPDined on 6/3/2014Excellent services and food!!! Definitely I'll be back soon!!! Everyone was so wonderful and food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentSox2005Dined on 5/11/2014Seated for 15 minutes and no waiter yet. Complained to hostess. Waited another 5 minutes. When the fish tacos came they were lukewarm. Sent them back but they didn't taste too good hot anyway. Poor quality, bad service, high prices.Special Features:
- Lovely patio diningDesertdwellerDined on 5/8/2014On a perfect weather night, sitting outdoors couldn't get better than that. We plan to try the breakfast and lunch atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food. Hire a new chef!PGAResidentDined on 4/24/2014We recently moved into PGA West. We had eaten at Ernie's before and this time were taking some visitors to enjoy what was supposed to be a good meal. Two of us sent our food back a third was violently ill. I called the next day and asked that the manager call so I could explain our experience and to let him know how important it is to is to have a great local eatery right in PGA West. I never even got the courtesy of a return phone call. Shame on you. Stay away unless you hear that they have a new chef. I'm not sure one was even working that night. Truly the worst meal I've ever eaten and embarrassing as a host.Special Features:
- Typical country club farepockoDined on 4/12/2014This was recommended to us for outdoor ambience but unfortunately a dust storm forced us to eat inside. Food was okay nothing really special. Wine list limited. Also, anything must go as far as attire. A young man came in for dinner in a t-shirt with cut off sleeves should of been turned away. At least country club casual.Special Features:
- Beautiful location/Poor valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Ernie's is the perfect example of " paying for the view " Food slightly above average. Pricing far to high i.e. $13 for a "pound of wings" and $21 or maybe 6 oz of pasta. Ambience very enjoyable. If you go choose wisely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why no points?LQGolferVIPDined on 4/6/2014Made a reservation. Dined at the restaurant. received 0 pts. How come? The food was substandard. Awful. A pity, because the ambiance is wonderful.Special Features:
- Menu was limited. New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Menu was limited. New York Steak was very tuff for the price. Suggest they remove it from the menu and replace it with better quality. Pasta was not vey good. Over powering spice used it was all you could taste.Special Features:
- My daughters portion leftOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014My daughters portion left her still hungry. My seabass was as dry as the desert air. The AC was on too high. We wish we would have had our snow ski parkas!Special Features:
- told to leaveluvfoodDined on 4/3/2014When my party of 10 arrived after playing golf, with a 4:00 reservation, we anticipated having drinks, snacks and an early dinner. The hostess immediately told us we would have to leave by 6:15 as they had another group that had booked our place. In all our years of dining, we've never been treated like that. So we thought we had reservations for dinner, but we really didn't? How strange is that? We had to then find another place that could serve a party of 10. We are not happy.
- Impress my GuestWWCIIDined on 3/30/2014Treated my guest from AK to Ernie's. One of my personal favorites. Service per usual superb and the Calamari appetizer never fails to impress. Scenery is a bonus. Thank you Ernie's staff and management I shall return & shall likely bring new converts to your wonderful establishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor's at Ernie'sCapSeriousDined on 3/28/2014Sat on Patio for a Sunset dinner... perfect! Service was good, food was great, Chicken Pot Pie, and Desert was fabulous!! People seemed to be having fun. Always interesting to see how people dress today. Couple old guys had on ratty Jeans. I would never even consider wearing jeans to a place like Ernie's. And I'm not an old guy...haha Guess it shows how society has been dumbed down!,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, but slow serviceHeretogolfDined on 3/20/2014We have eaten at Ernies many times before and found the service slower than expected, but this time it was really slow. One and a half hours after sitting down, we are still waiting for our meal. When it finally arrived, it met our expectations, but the wait was annoying, especially when the restaurant was not full.
- Pretty disappointing St. PatricksjkdanddbhDined on 3/17/2014We ordered the corned beef plate for dinner. The potatoes were tinted an ugly, unappetizing green color and tasted awful. The cabbage was horrible. does anyone in that kitchen taste what's being served?The beef was served with way too much fat which should have been cut off before plating. We did enjoy the cobb and caeser salad and the leek and potato soup was good..................can't get over the high cost for the very low quality for the corned beef plate.
- St Paddy disappointsLaLaDined on 3/16/2014Ernie's promoted special corned beef and cabbage meals for the holiday. They sold out during lunch with nothing available for dinner. Really disappointing. Mismanaged this event royally. Had to make reservations and confirm. Unfortunately they did not deliver the goods.Special Features:
- WaiterLana12VIPDined on 3/16/2014We think our waiter must be new. He never offered us bread or asked if we wanted another drink. A different waitress had to help us. Food is pricey but good.Special Features:
- millsIllinoisVIPDined on 3/16/2014It is a real treat to sit outdoors with such a great view. Service makes for a great meal and on this occasion it just wasn't there. Hopefully next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful...was veryklmxmVIPDined on 3/1/2014Food was wonderful...was very noisy tho....almost too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ErniesDMG63VIPDined on 2/27/2014Looks like they are hitting their stride....staff is great and food is very goodSpecial Features:
- millsIllinoisVIPDined on 2/25/2014Sitting by a warm fire having dinner with the grandkids in a beutiful setting is hard to beat on a February evening in the desert! Food selection was very good and service was levels were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the patioBettc4401VIPDined on 2/25/2014Beautiful view overlooking golf course. Attentive service and tasty lunch. I very much enjoyed my experience at Ernie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This desert gem completelyDinerVIPDined on 2/22/2014This desert gem completely won me over with their unusual menu items. A wonderful variety of nicely prepared and unusual dishes, including donut hole dessert sets this restaurant above others in the area. The chicken wings were perfection; the meat loaf absolutely delicious - just like mama made. Most importantly the restaurant manager, Christian, and hostess Bridget were fantastic. Christian was extremely professional, knowledgeable and I noticed him doing everything in the restaurant to ensure patrons received a superior experience, including busing tables and helping out with food transportation whenever possible. His 'can do' attitude and his smile made this dining experience one of the best. Job well done all around. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lite bite or fuller filling!NYStripperDined on 2/22/2014Especially on the patio, Ernie's never fails to give a very nice presentation any time of the day. Service is good. Drinks are excellent. Food is very tasty. In total, Ernie's is a fine place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and vibrantluvfoodDined on 2/21/2014ERNIES is fun and vibrandt and very close to us. We would go more often if they would try to compete with local restaurants in price and variety. They seem to be stuck in the same old menu, no happy hour exciting food, and too pricy for the quality. I'd rather go to Hogs Breath or Main Street.Special Features:
- 0 for 2rwildtDined on 2/17/20142nd time there and the service was worse than our first time. You would think they would have their act together by now but unfortunately they don't. Poor management and poor staffing.Special Features:
- Ernies is a comfortable placeraraVIPDined on 2/11/2014Ernies is a comfortable place for golf-centric patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful golf course view,DinerVIPDined on 2/11/2014Beautiful golf course view, fine food, attentive service = enjoyable meals.Special Features: