Ernie's Food & Spirits
1351 North Main Street
Manteca, CA 95336Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Ernie's Food & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.erniesfoodandspirits.com/
- Phone: (209) 239-3351
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:00AM-4:00PM
Dinner: M-Sa 4:00PM-10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Midgley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our onsite venue, Ernie’s Rendezvous Room, is a private space that can accommodate up to 80 guests for a seated dinner. From standing cocktail receptions with a caviar bar to seated dinners with an artistic flare, Chef Midgley can design your menu around your event. In addition, EFS Catering is prepared to work with you at the venue of your choice to plan and design private events for up to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Houston 2092398790
A word from Ernie's Food & Spirits
Ernie’s Food & Spirits….a luxury boutique restaurant is strategically located between Modesto, Stockton and Tracy. EFS brings a new twist on “California Modern” Cuisine to the central valley. Our menu is a composition of small plates to share, which are ideal in the lounge, as well as traditional entrée selections unique modern elements. "Bringing Manhattan to Manteca"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ernie's Food & Spirits - Best Restaurants in Manteca ›
Ernie's Food & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (15)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great food great drinks and awesome service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014the menu fits everyone and the steaks are cooked to impress!! great bar martini's and great service!!! San Fransisco restaurant in Manteca awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely going back.RonaldDined on 11/15/2014Their new executive chef is continuing with the quality and style of Michael Midgley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDichterinDined on 11/15/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. He loved it and he is very picky and usually hates to go out to dinner. He had the rib eye with truffle butter which was done to perfection and a house salad. I had to try the 5 onion soup which was served in a hollowed out onion and looked very impressive. My entree was lamb and tasted heavenly. The asparagus was al dente, just the way I like it. The french bread was served one piece at a time so it was warm and crispy. The waitress was very attentive. The mixed drinks were generous. No room for dessert! We will return on my birthday. The price makes this a special occasion restaurant. Quality is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningTD77Dined on 11/1/2014I took my wife for our first time to this restaurant. We didn’t know what to expect when we pulled into the parking lot. When we entered we were greeted by a friendly hostess who welcomed us, confirmed our reservations, and quickly sat us. For a date night, this place has a romantic setting. Our server was exceptionally hospitable, professional, and knowledgeable of the menu. The appetizers and drinks were brought to us right on time. Although some may believe the food prices are high but the quality of food gives you your money’s worth. I ordered the Rib Eye and my wife ordered the Atlantic salmon. Both plates were amazing and filling. Excellent dining experience and we will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal in Manteca at ErniesScottVIPDined on 10/28/2014Had a very nice meal at Ernies. It's a beautiful decor, fine food and excellent service. Great prices on wine as well. The caesar salad is one of the best I have had and the calamari was light and tasty. Steaks were cooked perfectly and tasty with sides of saute vegetables and potatoes. Service was excellent from start to finish. Ambiance gets a 4 because this is an overly bright restaurant, with the white decor its too light losing any attempt at intimacy, perhaps turning down the lights a little would make it enjoyable. Also, the choice of pop 40 music is a detriment to the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic evening.casueldinersDined on 10/10/2014Manteca's only upscale restraunt, with the closing of Isadores. This was our first time dinning here & was very impressed. We Will certainly be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughTastebudDined on 9/30/2014Ernie's is next to a casino, but don't let location fool you. Its a diamond in the rough; a lovely place to dine. The decor is modern & elegant; nice ambiance for special occasions & romantic dinners. There's a cozy, yet elegant bar; perfect for cocktails w/friends. The food is notably good. I had the salmon & prawns w/cilantro rice & asparagus. All cooked to perfection. The sweet chili glaze really enhanced the flavor of meal. My two guests had the tenderloin w/sautéed baby spinach, mashed potatoes, red wine demi-glace . Both said it was good, however the filet was a bit chewy. The desserts; excellent! The creme brûlée & banana parfait are exquisite. Service needs work; slow and inexperienced. Work this out; that diamond will shine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Portland!LuvSteakVIPDined on 9/25/2014Little Bird never lets us down. It's always fun and the food is amazingSpecial Features:
- not badjohnmDined on 9/20/201430 to 35 dollars for our dinners not terribly overpriced loved the clam mussell appetizer servers and hostess outstanding will returnSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful experience. I had heard very positive comments about the place, but it actually exceeded my expectations. I took a small group for lunch. Expensive for the Valley, but fairly priced for what we received.Special Features:
- Excellent on every levelharleygirlDined on 9/10/2014I wanted to have a special birthday dinner for my husband. I booked through Open Table and added a comment to the restaurant that it was for his birthday dinner. When we arrived, the greeter said Happy Birthday to my husband, which completely surprised him! Our waiter was wonderful--smiling, happy attitude. Also wished my husband a happy birthday. Our menu had "Happy Birthday" written at the top! The food was excellent! I had the crab cakes to start. The tenderloin could have been cut with a dull spoon! My husband had the shrimp appetizer and the rib eye steak. This is a high class gem with the warmth and friendliness of a small town. Oh...and my husband was very pleased that the waiters didn't gather to sing Happy Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!WineANDdineExpertDined on 9/9/2014This is a must try if you love great food. Nothing like it in the area. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Special occasionTwo4dinnerDined on 9/6/2014This was a gift for our wedding. It was nice to get dressed up. Wonderful atmosphere and great food. We were not rushed. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounded Once AgainDudeManDined on 8/9/2014It is incredible that Manteca has a place like this. The best food, incredible cocktails and the best scotch list this side of the Altamont. The servers are attentive but not intrusive. Can't recommend it enough.Special Features:
- a hidden gemNatalyaSVIPDined on 8/8/2014Thank you for such a surprise in the middle of our journey to Pine Mountain Lake! I searched Open Table without many hopes to find a place around Manteca, I thought I know them all :-) When Ernie's came up in a search I was so curious, I even called to verify it is for real! The place looks fantastic! Food for both kids & adults was outstanding! Onion soup was a blast! Service was fast and very professional! We enjoyed every moment! We'll for sure be your frequent flyer every time we travel to PML.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Ernie's Food & Spirits reviews archive.
- Don't judge by its locations!ArchiteDined on 7/25/2014It's intriguing the location which this restaurant occupies. One might not think this to be such a great find on first glance but the juxtaposition between it and it's neighbors, in my opinion, elevates this great restaurant over the top. The food is amazing, the alcohol selection is superb and the staff is knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at Ernie'sSchmoopie54Dined on 7/22/2014Probably my 8th experience at Ernie's and always leave with a positive memory. Seated quickly for my reservation for 4, beautiful modern decor, and drinks brought while we perused the menu. Comment I left while making reservation about this being a birthday gathering was noted. Great attention from waitress throughout the meal. Ive had dinner for two with my husband on numerous occassions, dinners with girlfriends, and hosted a dinner for 10 in the private room-- were so glad to finally have an upscale restaurant in Manteca. Kudos to Chef Michael and staff. As always, I will be back!Special Features:
- Always greatjwatersDined on 7/22/2014Ernie's is always great! We take friends, business associates and family when they are in town. The food is always good. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experience.XltekDined on 7/19/2014Great place for dinner. Very good food and service in a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8odaDined on 7/12/2014We went there for a birthday dinner celebration and it could not have been more perfect. What a major surprise to find this in Manteca! The décor is lovely and the service was geared to whatever we wanted in terms of speed or leisure (cocktails). It was a wonderful evening. Don't forget to order that special dessert (a sinful mix of ice cream, whipped cream and some liquor). So delicious! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Blessing to the ValleySlightlyPickyDined on 6/27/2014When I want the quality and the feel of a Bay Area restaurant this is the place. Moving from the bay it is extremely hard to fine good tasting and prepared right food. The drinks are the way the should be made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealUnderfootDined on 6/16/2014This is 3rd visit. First a special date, then a group of 10 in a private room, and finally a business dinner for 4. No disappointments!! Each visit was a delight. We all loved the grilled salad and the tender meat. We will be back. It is very nice to have quiet place to eat fine food and enjoy your company. They also have one of the best stocked upper shelf bars in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissTastebudDined on 6/14/2014Hit; beautiful decor, great ambiance. Good selection of cognac. Miss; poor location, shares parking lot with a rundown casino. Hit; majority of the food is great. Went with a party of six; everyone enjoyed their meals. Porkchops, steaks and lamb cooked to perfection; meshed well with side dishes served. The fried chicken breast & corkscrew pasta flavorful, but oily; skin on the chicken fatty, not crisp. Miss; house salads & cocktails left a lot to be desired. Lettuce not fresh on some plates, salad dressing mediocre, bland. The cocktails were just ok. Cherry Cosmo lacked real flavor and the Dirty Martini was not mixed as requested. Hit; excellent desserts; Banana Parfait is superb. Hit; attentive service. Miss; forgetful service.Special Features:
- Ernies Food and SpiritslovediningfinelyDined on 6/14/2014I took my dad there for Father's Day lunch and was very pleased with the overall experience. The restaurant is beautiful, although the location was difficult to find and is located in a run down part of town. Appetizers were ordered-the asparagus Rangoon and the calamari and both dishes were appealing and tasty. My dad ordered the Kobe Beef hamburger, I ordered the salmon and my daughter ordered the fried chicken. Unfortunately, the hamburger wasn't cooked as long as my dad would have liked, yet both of the other meals were excellent. I will return as I would like to try other items on the menu. I am super excited that we finally have a fine dining establishment in San Joaquin County!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeDessertfirstVIPDined on 6/10/2014I met a friend here for lunch. We both drive about 1 1/4 hours to meet in the middle. Ernie's was it. The first time we went there, the food was delicious! This time, my salad was pretty salty (I had a scallop salad that was not on the regular menu). I'm willing to give them another try, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rose among thornsannieDined on 6/2/2014Neighborhood may give initial poor impression, but ignore the industrial area and savor a wonderful Culinary experience. (the best we have ever had in the central valley area) The sturgeon special was delicious and was encrusted and lightly bathed in a yummy sauce.! We loved the cauliflower appetizer and apple tart dessert. Interior is elegant and comfortable.....loved the booth in the corner! The best collection of Pinot noir we have ever encountered. This may sound like a cliche but this is truly an exceptional dining experience!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!chistophDined on 5/31/2014Best resteraunt in the Central Valley! Enough said!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeElCubanoDined on 5/31/2014Took my wife zinc a friend to Ernie's for a Saturday lunch! What a great place! This was second time here and again it proved a great decision!! Taylor, our server was fantastic, just a great experience!Special Features:
- NineteenDined on 5/24/2014The salmon was outstanding, and the rack of lamb was very good. Our server was helpful with the menu selections. We were here about six months ago for a special occasion, and they remembered us. The chef was sure to come out and ask the patrons how they liked the food. They have it nailed. Amazing place to find in Manteca. We are raving fans.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!Momof3VIPDined on 5/20/2014As always great food with outstanding service ! Only down side my fav cherry dessert was switched off the menu. Lots of other good dessert choices but none as tempting as the cherry jubilee. They assured me it would rotate back on so I will look for it on future visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambience and servicesuzeDined on 5/20/2014When all is said and done, it's the food that brings me back to a restaurant. Let's face it the food at Ernie's is the best in the valley. I have had the steak sandwich and the fillet salad and both were the best I have ever had in this area.Special Features:
- Excellent food, highly recommendJKEnterpriseDined on 5/8/2014We went to Ernie's for our Anniversary and the food was excellent. It's a little on the pricey side, but since this was a special occasion, we can sometimes overlook that. The food and drinks were brought quickly and we always had someone checking on us. We would highly recommend this place for a special night out.Special Features:
- First timebarnett1Dined on 5/3/2014I'm typically skeptical when I hear allot of raves this place lives up to it! My food was beyond excellent the signature drinks were delicious and the deserts were Devine!Special Features:
- Excellent againJimboDined on 4/25/2014We have been here twice to celebrate a birthday and our anniversary. We shared an excellent asparagus Rangoon appetizer and we both had the beef tenderloin. Everything was cooked to perfection and we both ate everything on out plates. While the bill may be higher than what other local restaurants may charge, the superior quality and taste of the food, plus the savings in gas and time to go to San Francisco in search of something comparable offsets that cost. Something in SF would be as much or more anyway. This is definitely the best food in Manteca and probably Modedta and Stockton. Our definite go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DiscoveryRichPDined on 4/11/2014We went there for our anniversary dinner on multiple recommendations and I will pass it along now also. The service was well-attentive right from the hostess that seated us to the server (who was also a sommelier) as well as the bus staff. The menu had a variety of selection and the presentation was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerjohnnycheapshotDined on 4/5/2014Outstanding food and presentation. I was a little disappointed a group showed up in shorts and some with flip flops. Still the food was great.Special Features:
- Ernie's Restaurant A Real TreatTravelerDined on 4/4/2014Delicious is all I need to say. Manteca finally has a true fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ExperienceArnoldoDined on 3/29/2014We had a 16 person reservation for a nice celebration. Service was friendly and nice and went over and beyond expectations to all of our guests. We enjoyed their efforts. Loved the ambience, the decor', the professionalism, and the food was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- typical evening at Ernie'sEnjoyErniesDined on 3/28/2014We've visited Ernie's multiple times in the past year and each time has been the consistent unexpected upscale dining experience. The service is timely with the right amount of involvement and attention. The good is very tasty and prepared just so. The bar has one of the best collections of spirits I've seen outside of major metropolitan areas. All in all... A great place for a nice relaxing, elegant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book...wingfwdVIPDined on 3/27/2014Ernie's is a fine dining experience where you don't expect it. The food is excellent and the wine list is outstanding. Dis covering it for the first time was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.