Ernie's Food & Spirits
1351 North Main Street
Manteca, CA 95336Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Ernie's Food & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.erniesfoodandspirits.com/
- Phone: 2092393351
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:00AM-4:00PM
Dinner: M-Sa 4:00PM-10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Midgley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our onsite venue, Ernie’s Rendezvous Room, is a private space that can accommodate up to 80 guests for a seated dinner. From standing cocktail receptions with a caviar bar to seated dinners with an artistic flare, Chef Midgley can design your menu around your event. In addition, EFS Catering is prepared to work with you at the venue of your choice to plan and design private events for up to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Houston 2092398790
A word from Ernie's Food & Spirits
Ernie’s Food & Spirits….a luxury boutique restaurant is strategically located between Modesto, Stockton and Tracy. EFS brings a new twist on “California Modern” Cuisine to the central valley. Our menu is a composition of small plates to share, which are ideal in the lounge, as well as traditional entrée selections unique modern elements. "Bringing Manhattan to Manteca"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ernie's Food & Spirits - Best Restaurants in Manteca ›
Ernie's Food & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (24)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (10)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful experience. I had heard very positive comments about the place, but it actually exceeded my expectations. I took a small group for lunch. Expensive for the Valley, but fairly priced for what we received.Special Features:
- Excellent on every levelharleygirlDined on 9/10/2014I wanted to have a special birthday dinner for my husband. I booked through Open Table and added a comment to the restaurant that it was for his birthday dinner. When we arrived, the greeter said Happy Birthday to my husband, which completely surprised him! Our waiter was wonderful--smiling, happy attitude. Also wished my husband a happy birthday. Our menu had "Happy Birthday" written at the top! The food was excellent! I had the crab cakes to start. The tenderloin could have been cut with a dull spoon! My husband had the shrimp appetizer and the rib eye steak. This is a high class gem with the warmth and friendliness of a small town. Oh...and my husband was very pleased that the waiters didn't gather to sing Happy Birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing!WineANDdineExpertDined on 9/9/2014This is a must try if you love great food. Nothing like it in the area. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Special occasionTwo4dinnerDined on 9/6/2014This was a gift for our wedding. It was nice to get dressed up. Wonderful atmosphere and great food. We were not rushed. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astounded Once AgainDudeManDined on 8/9/2014It is incredible that Manteca has a place like this. The best food, incredible cocktails and the best scotch list this side of the Altamont. The servers are attentive but not intrusive. Can't recommend it enough.Special Features:
- a hidden gemNatalyaSVIPDined on 8/8/2014Thank you for such a surprise in the middle of our journey to Pine Mountain Lake! I searched Open Table without many hopes to find a place around Manteca, I thought I know them all :-) When Ernie's came up in a search I was so curious, I even called to verify it is for real! The place looks fantastic! Food for both kids & adults was outstanding! Onion soup was a blast! Service was fast and very professional! We enjoyed every moment! We'll for sure be your frequent flyer every time we travel to PML.Special Features:
- Don't judge by its locations!ArchiteDined on 7/25/2014It's intriguing the location which this restaurant occupies. One might not think this to be such a great find on first glance but the juxtaposition between it and it's neighbors, in my opinion, elevates this great restaurant over the top. The food is amazing, the alcohol selection is superb and the staff is knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence at Ernie'sSchmoopie54Dined on 7/22/2014Probably my 8th experience at Ernie's and always leave with a positive memory. Seated quickly for my reservation for 4, beautiful modern decor, and drinks brought while we perused the menu. Comment I left while making reservation about this being a birthday gathering was noted. Great attention from waitress throughout the meal. Ive had dinner for two with my husband on numerous occassions, dinners with girlfriends, and hosted a dinner for 10 in the private room-- were so glad to finally have an upscale restaurant in Manteca. Kudos to Chef Michael and staff. As always, I will be back!Special Features:
- Always greatjwatersDined on 7/22/2014Ernie's is always great! We take friends, business associates and family when they are in town. The food is always good. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experience.XltekDined on 7/19/2014Great place for dinner. Very good food and service in a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8odaDined on 7/12/2014We went there for a birthday dinner celebration and it could not have been more perfect. What a major surprise to find this in Manteca! The décor is lovely and the service was geared to whatever we wanted in terms of speed or leisure (cocktails). It was a wonderful evening. Don't forget to order that special dessert (a sinful mix of ice cream, whipped cream and some liquor). So delicious! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- A Blessing to the ValleySlightlyPickyDined on 6/27/2014When I want the quality and the feel of a Bay Area restaurant this is the place. Moving from the bay it is extremely hard to fine good tasting and prepared right food. The drinks are the way the should be made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealUnderfootDined on 6/16/2014This is 3rd visit. First a special date, then a group of 10 in a private room, and finally a business dinner for 4. No disappointments!! Each visit was a delight. We all loved the grilled salad and the tender meat. We will be back. It is very nice to have quiet place to eat fine food and enjoy your company. They also have one of the best stocked upper shelf bars in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissTastebudDined on 6/14/2014Hit; beautiful decor, great ambiance. Good selection of cognac. Miss; poor location, shares parking lot with a rundown casino. Hit; majority of the food is great. Went with a party of six; everyone enjoyed their meals. Porkchops, steaks and lamb cooked to perfection; meshed well with side dishes served. The fried chicken breast & corkscrew pasta flavorful, but oily; skin on the chicken fatty, not crisp. Miss; house salads & cocktails left a lot to be desired. Lettuce not fresh on some plates, salad dressing mediocre, bland. The cocktails were just ok. Cherry Cosmo lacked real flavor and the Dirty Martini was not mixed as requested. Hit; excellent desserts; Banana Parfait is superb. Hit; attentive service. Miss; forgetful service.Special Features:
- Ernies Food and SpiritslovediningfinelyDined on 6/14/2014I took my dad there for Father's Day lunch and was very pleased with the overall experience. The restaurant is beautiful, although the location was difficult to find and is located in a run down part of town. Appetizers were ordered-the asparagus Rangoon and the calamari and both dishes were appealing and tasty. My dad ordered the Kobe Beef hamburger, I ordered the salmon and my daughter ordered the fried chicken. Unfortunately, the hamburger wasn't cooked as long as my dad would have liked, yet both of the other meals were excellent. I will return as I would like to try other items on the menu. I am super excited that we finally have a fine dining establishment in San Joaquin County!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeDessertfirstVIPDined on 6/10/2014I met a friend here for lunch. We both drive about 1 1/4 hours to meet in the middle. Ernie's was it. The first time we went there, the food was delicious! This time, my salad was pretty salty (I had a scallop salad that was not on the regular menu). I'm willing to give them another try, though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rose among thornsannieDined on 6/2/2014Neighborhood may give initial poor impression, but ignore the industrial area and savor a wonderful Culinary experience. (the best we have ever had in the central valley area) The sturgeon special was delicious and was encrusted and lightly bathed in a yummy sauce.! We loved the cauliflower appetizer and apple tart dessert. Interior is elegant and comfortable.....loved the booth in the corner! The best collection of Pinot noir we have ever encountered. This may sound like a cliche but this is truly an exceptional dining experience!Special Features:
- Awesome!!!chistophDined on 5/31/2014Best resteraunt in the Central Valley! Enough said!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeElCubanoDined on 5/31/2014Took my wife zinc a friend to Ernie's for a Saturday lunch! What a great place! This was second time here and again it proved a great decision!! Taylor, our server was fantastic, just a great experience!Special Features:
- NineteenDined on 5/24/2014The salmon was outstanding, and the rack of lamb was very good. Our server was helpful with the menu selections. We were here about six months ago for a special occasion, and they remembered us. The chef was sure to come out and ask the patrons how they liked the food. They have it nailed. Amazing place to find in Manteca. We are raving fans.Special Features:
- The following 84 reviews are from the Ernie's Food & Spirits reviews archive.
- Wonderful!!!Momof3VIPDined on 5/20/2014As always great food with outstanding service ! Only down side my fav cherry dessert was switched off the menu. Lots of other good dessert choices but none as tempting as the cherry jubilee. They assured me it would rotate back on so I will look for it on future visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ambience and servicesuzeDined on 5/20/2014When all is said and done, it's the food that brings me back to a restaurant. Let's face it the food at Ernie's is the best in the valley. I have had the steak sandwich and the fillet salad and both were the best I have ever had in this area.Special Features:
- Excellent food, highly recommendJKEnterpriseDined on 5/8/2014We went to Ernie's for our Anniversary and the food was excellent. It's a little on the pricey side, but since this was a special occasion, we can sometimes overlook that. The food and drinks were brought quickly and we always had someone checking on us. We would highly recommend this place for a special night out.Special Features:
- First timebarnett1Dined on 5/3/2014I'm typically skeptical when I hear allot of raves this place lives up to it! My food was beyond excellent the signature drinks were delicious and the deserts were Devine!Special Features:
- Excellent againJimboDined on 4/25/2014We have been here twice to celebrate a birthday and our anniversary. We shared an excellent asparagus Rangoon appetizer and we both had the beef tenderloin. Everything was cooked to perfection and we both ate everything on out plates. While the bill may be higher than what other local restaurants may charge, the superior quality and taste of the food, plus the savings in gas and time to go to San Francisco in search of something comparable offsets that cost. Something in SF would be as much or more anyway. This is definitely the best food in Manteca and probably Modedta and Stockton. Our definite go to place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DiscoveryRichPDined on 4/11/2014We went there for our anniversary dinner on multiple recommendations and I will pass it along now also. The service was well-attentive right from the hostess that seated us to the server (who was also a sommelier) as well as the bus staff. The menu had a variety of selection and the presentation was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday dinnerjohnnycheapshotDined on 4/5/2014Outstanding food and presentation. I was a little disappointed a group showed up in shorts and some with flip flops. Still the food was great.Special Features:
- Ernie's Restaurant A Real TreatTravelerDined on 4/4/2014Delicious is all I need to say. Manteca finally has a true fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ExperienceArnoldoDined on 3/29/2014We had a 16 person reservation for a nice celebration. Service was friendly and nice and went over and beyond expectations to all of our guests. We enjoyed their efforts. Loved the ambience, the decor', the professionalism, and the food was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- typical evening at Ernie'sEnjoyErniesDined on 3/28/2014We've visited Ernie's multiple times in the past year and each time has been the consistent unexpected upscale dining experience. The service is timely with the right amount of involvement and attention. The good is very tasty and prepared just so. The bar has one of the best collections of spirits I've seen outside of major metropolitan areas. All in all... A great place for a nice relaxing, elegant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a book...wingfwdVIPDined on 3/27/2014Ernie's is a fine dining experience where you don't expect it. The food is excellent and the wine list is outstanding. Dis covering it for the first time was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal!DessertfirstVIPDined on 3/27/2014My high school friend (graduated in '78) and I live about three hours apart. We try to meet halfway every few months. We have found the perfect place in Ernie's. Everything was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much needed fine diningDrummer42Dined on 3/21/2014Manteca has been sorely lacking in its dining options for the 30 years I have lived here. Chain restaurants, mexican restaurants and subpar quisine are all that was available until now. Hopefully the locals will open their wallets an support this fine restaurant. I will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our little hometown oasis!ManTEEKanDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful experience again. Went for an early dinner on Friday. Mike Midgely (Top Chef and Chopped fame) made the rounds and shared with us his experiences in taping the shows. Has a recipe book available on Amazon. Food was excellent and service was attentive. Had onion soup baked in an onion., lobster, steak and black cherry dessert. All very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Great meal with vegan buffalo wings and crab cakes. Steaks were cooked to perfections and desserts were tasty. Especially liked the girl scout cookies on the plate with the bill. Understood they bought bunch of GS cookies supporting a young lady and now give them out at the end of the meal! Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous lunchbrunchVIPDined on 3/8/2014the chopped salad was wonderful - full of smoked gouda cheese, cranberries, and almonds and was huge. A good value for lunch. My husband had the special soup of the day - lobster bisque - it was very very flavorful and rick - just a tad salty. The $20 burger, had excellent beef, was an inch thick and just delicious. But, it was a surprise that it was $20. their January menu posted online showed $16. That's a hefty price increase. But, again, the food was wonderful. The service was very attentive. We will be back.Special Features:
- NineteenNineteenDined on 2/22/2014We asked for a booth for a special occasion and were not disappointed, the staff was friendly, very familiar with the food, made helpful suggestions, the chef came out to check on his patrons. My fillet was the best I have ever had, and I have had many, no connective tissue, perfectly pink in the middle as ordered and full of flavor, fabulous mashed potatoes, usually i prefer a baked potato but these were wonderful. We had asparagus wrapped in wonton and a little cream cheese stuffing for an appetizer, dipping sauce delicious, the grilled romaine caesar was unique and tasty, onion soup actually came in a hollowed out onion. Parking lot was full we had to park on the street, but all forgotten when we walked into the beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Like eating in SF, LA, or NYCSouthcityCAVIPDined on 2/15/2014In a very unassuming parking lot next to a casino, you'll find the entrance to a wonderful dining experience. Once you open the door, you'll be amazed and say to yourself "is this Manteca?" The service, decor, and food will all WOW you beyond belief!!! I found the menu exciting and delicious! The calamari was crisp and not a bit oily, with only the tenderest pieces of squid. My Char Grilled Caesar salad with prawns was a fantastic taste experience! The presentation was awesome with fried cheese, topped by large fresh and succulent prawns. The Romaine lettuce was grilled to perfection, leaving a nice smoky taste to the salad. We ended our meal with the Cherry Jubilee Sundae. Unique and delicious! Wonderful job by Chef Michael Midgley.Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphereFinestDinerDined on 2/13/2014I love the decor and feel of Erine's. The menu was good, i usually take awhile for me to order but I check the menu online which was helpful. The food that was served looks just like the photos online. I really enjoyed the muscles and fries. The waiter could have been a bit more engaging but the hostess was great and food came out in a timely manner. Very good music which would appeal to the clientele that they are aiming for. Much needed restaurant in this area, definitely a hidden secret in Manteca because i drive by it regularly and had to find it on trip advisory. The pricing is not on Applebee's scale more on the lines of Ruth Chris, so she this date for someone you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014You would never expect that such an elegant restaurant would be hidden behind a plain entrance, next to a tiny casino, in the small town of Manteca, but the food is as good as any quality restaurant in San Francisco. However, once you find out that the chef has appeared on the Food Network, and won "Cutthroat Kitchen", then it's no surprise that the food is amazing. The decor is lovely and the service is outstanding without being phony. I will return . . . many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.