Ernest's Orleans Restaurant
1601 Spring Street
Shreveport, LA 71101Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Ernest's Orleans Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ernestsorleans.com/
- Phone: 3182261325
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday through Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
Private Meetings,Events,& Parties: Monday-Sunday (times may vary depending upon prior reservations...minimum 30 people)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Ernest Palmisano Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring the Finest to you! We can host most any catering events on or off premises with full bar service and private staffing.We have an event planner on staff assist you with details.
- Private Party Facilities: We can host your business & corporate meetings. We have a meeting planner on staff that will be happy to assist you. We can set up for most any type of large group between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. or 4:30 to 10:30 pm.
We have 2 completely private dining areas and 1 semi private.
(30 pp minimum)
- Private Party Contact: Stevie Moore 8772602836
- Entertainment: Local Live Entertainment provided for your pleasure. Dancing and dining in the Clubroom is a must try. First Come - First Serve on the weekends for the Clubroom.
- Special Events: We have a full time Event & Meeting Planner on staff to help coordinate your special event. Our In-House Florist can take care of the most intimate to the elaborately elegant fine floral arrangements for you. Great place for Meetings,Associations,Organizations,Rehearsal Dinners,Wedding Receptions,Private Birthday Parties,Corporate Private functions,Fundraiser Parties,etc. The Chef and his wife will be glad to prepare a special menu for your convenience for your large group. Audio/Visual available. Free WIFI. Call (318) 226-1325
A word from Ernest's Orleans Restaurant
Ernest's Orleans Restaurant overlooks downtown Shreveport. Continuing 60 years of tradition, Chef Ernest Palmisano Jr. builds on the legacy of his father,Chef Ernest Sr.,from the Ernest's Supper club on the riverfront and the Veaux Carre'of New Orleans.Serving the finest means excellent superior service.The Freshest Seafood,Prime Steaks,and Finest Italian cuisine are the primary dishes found on the menu.Featuring "off menu" items verbally communicated is another fine touch to Ernest's.Enjoy a flaming tableside dessert or coffee presentation by our talented servers to set the ambiance.Our club room has live entertainment and dancing nightly.If a quite romantic evening is the plan, our spacious and elegant dining room filled with detail oriented staff will make the evening memorable.Don't forget the flowers by our In-House Florist.Come and See our New Veranda overlooking the city. Beautiful at night. Great for a LARGE private parties with private bar. FIND US ON FACEBOOKContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ernest's Orleans Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Faded glory but goodChosenlawDined on 6/21/2013Been a fan of Ernest for years food great service great a little pricy. Bar entertainment good . Staff very friendly and attentive . Summer time Saturday night unusually non-packed . Crab claws huge sea food well prepared and good . Overall it's well worth it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy CustomerReviewer5Dined on 6/15/2013This was the most embarrassing experience I've ever encountered seeing as I wanted to take my in-laws to a fine dining establishment for Father's Day. Several people I had asked where was a good place to go raved about Ernest's but boy, were they wrong! I mean, for one tab to be a couple hundred dollars you would think they would get more than the bread and water right! I'm not one to complain, but I had to take this one to management. I wasn't looking for a free meal, but the ticket was not right. Needless to say I was not impressed. The restaurant had good intentions but did not meet their own high standards. I WILL not be back! Terrible food and horrible service.
- During our visit, we had aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2013During our visit, we had a party of eight with a variety of food orders from appetizers to entrees. Everyone was very impressed with the presentation and quality of the food and we couldn't have asked for better service as it was outstanding! Our only complaint was due to the lack of proper red wine glasses which caused the wine we ordered to lose much of it's potential due to it's inability to breath. Overall, a very enjoyable experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnertigerdinerDined on 6/13/2013Food is outstanding along with great service that you don't get just anywhere. Must try the marinated crab claws!!!!! This is a wonderful place for special occasions or just a great evening out. Would highly recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food DevineluvtoeatDined on 6/12/2013Favorite restaurant to take customers, groups & couples to that are from out of town. Exceptional food to choose, the crab crawls are the best Service is outstanding CheersSpecial Features:
- Ernest's still has it!jimd47Dined on 6/7/2013I have been a fan of Ernest's since I was a teenager. My wife and I celebrated my 66th. I made reservations and had confirmation and a reminder. Valet drivers welcomed us, opened doors, etc. we were ushered to our table without wait. Food and service was outstanding and we didn't have to ask for anything. Gotta have the marinated crab claws! The waiter even sent us home with a container of marinade ... how's that for service? Expect to pay for the experience. Well cocktails were a bit pricy and entrees hovered around $35. But, portions were big and very well prepared. Save room for flaming desserts or Irish coffee, the show is worth it. Ernest Sr would be proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013Restaurant had no record of reservation made thru OpentableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical EveningDJMat123Dined on 5/25/2013Two married couples from out of state drove an extra 4 hours to eat at Ernest's. We dined in the Club Room which had live musicians with wonderful talent. The impecable food was marvelously served by professional staff in tuxes and gave us the opportunity to dance between courses. It was a magical evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need to eat here16thannivesaryDined on 5/17/2013Excellent place to go for a special occasion and special service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Pleased!!juanrojoplumaDined on 5/16/2013Great meal, greater service thanks to Lenny, Patrick and team. You just don't find this level of service anymore........anywhere!! Wonderful dining experience. Only complaint....it was a bit cold (temperature). WE will be back!Special Features:
- unediblebkshreveDined on 5/12/2013After ordering shrimp, it tasted like it had come out of a sewage drain..
- An experienceJessopDined on 5/11/2013The food is good but I feel mostly you are paying for the fine dining experience. In that regard it is good, and for Shreveport it is acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my Granny on a date hereDJ7STARSDined on 5/11/2013I had my Auntie find a nice restaurant to take my grandmother out on a dinner date and she loved everything about the place she told everyone who would listen that her grandson took her to a "HIGH CLASS" restaurant and the food was great and the drinks. She told her 3 sisters about the place and said my grandson will take us WOW I guess I have to work plenty overtime to take on this bill LOL........7 STARSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Perfection!MsJag2009Dined on 5/9/2013Welcomed warmly and promptly seated. Had table in bar area so we could enjoy live music, terrific musician. Larry was main server & very attentive. Water glasses kept full, dishes cleared from table timely, food served at perfect pace. Served a generous portion of seafood appetizers consisting of huge crab claws, butterflied shrimp, oysters crisp on outside, warm/juicy on inside. A nicely seasoned dressing/stuffing rolled into a ball with oyster inside lightly battered & fried. Nothing was greasy or heavy. All seasoned to perfection, light salt, packed full of delicious flavors. Beyond Perfection! Ended meal with wonderful warm flambe'd expresso beverage topped with whipped cream. Perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!MsJag2009Dined on 5/2/2013We had special occasion for a party of 5 and chose to dine in bar area. The waitstaff was very attentive, big smiles, lots of hospitality. Food was fantastic and generous portions. Timing between meals was perfect. After dinner flambé cocktail was the perfect end to a perfect night for us all. Highly recommend Ernest's any night of the week but Thursday was perfect for us in every way, shape and form!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good, we came back theEdgarDined on 4/27/2013So good, we came back the next night and brought friends this time.Special Features:
- Stay away from this restaurantjborneDined on 4/27/2013This is a very overpriced restaurant who claims to be serving wonderful dishes in the New Orleans style. After all the name of the restaurant in Ernest's Orleans, but does not live up to the hype and can't justify their pricing. On this visit, the food was awful as was the service. I would have gladly paid their stiff prices without complaint if the food was even approaching decent, but it was not. When brought to their attention in a subtle and kind way, the servers and management acted hostile and clearly offended that anyone would dare to put down their horrific food and service. If you want to enjoy some authentic Louisiana dining, their are so many options in the area and this is definitely not the place to go.
- Haven't been there since thisEdgarDined on 4/26/2013Haven't been there since this past fall. Much improved, food great, service great. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- We celebrated family birthdays-Fine2dineDined on 4/26/2013We celebrated family birthdays- our experience was great- we had an awesome waiter Patrick and would ask for him again! Crab claws are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013Food prices were ridiculously high and entrees were 99% MSG and over-seasoned & cooked! Waiter was good-but no scenic views, birthday party of over 30 hyper kids under 5 years old-just not very happy overall..sorry!!
- My party was greeted personallyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013My party was greeted personally upon arrival. The service was superb the entire evening.Special Features:
- We have always loved Ernest'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We have always loved Ernest's for the food, but the other night, it was okay....just ok. Twice baked potato was cold and the red snapper was fishy tasting. The spaghetti was okay....not delicious. We will be back, but will try the steaks next time. Our waiter, Patrick (Pat) was wonderful. We will ask for him next time.Special Features:
- Name is DecievingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013With a name like Orleans Restaurant I was really expecting so much more. We were celebrating a couple of really special events and the description of the restaurant sounded wonderful, but unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. The food at was terrible and now that i look back on it we should have sent it back and walked out of the restaurant. We ended up just packing up most of it and definitively did/have not revisit the leftovers. I got the Filet Mignon it was just a big chunk of meat for $40 with little to no flavor. They tried to make up for the lack of taste by adding a ton of some sort of sauce to the steak which should have been my first indication. A good steak does not need anything added to it.
- My Dining Experience at Ernest’sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2013My visit to Ernest’s Orleans Restaurant in Shreveport LA was fantastic. Our reservations were for a party of eight guests at 7 pm. Unfortunately, we had three unexpected guests arrive, but servers, at Ernest’s Orleans Restaurant, were amazing and place extra seating for my unexpected guest in a matter of seconds. My guests brought their children and our server volunteer to give the children a tour of the restaurant. The children loved the tour and my guests appreciated the server offering. The service was impeccable and should be recognized. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Shreveport LA.Special Features:
- A great place to eat. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013A great place to eat. Service is always outstanding. Every entree I have ordered has been delicious.Special Features:
- The service at Ernest's wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2013The service at Ernest's was awesome! The food could've been better especially for the price. The lemon Drops were Awesome! Just wish food would've been better and we would definitely be back....
- Horrible timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Unfortunately my time there was not a memorable one. It was very cold at our table and was not given an option to be move even though I complain about the horrible spot my table was in. Service was horrible, I didn't see my waiter for 15 minutes at a time. I would not come back to this restaurant , I would rather go to Superior Steak House. After saying all of that, the live music was absolutely great.Special Features:
- Be patientOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013My boyfriend and I went here for a after Valentines day dinner. We made reservations on OpenTable for 7 PM. We got there and the lobby was packed. Everyone in the lobby had reservations as well. There was one hostess running around with an off duty sheriff. They were both running around trying to seat ppl. We waited a little over an hour for our reservation. The food was delicious. The waitstaff was nice. Our server was patrick. He was a bit to chatty for how busy he was. We would not see him for periods at a time. Overall we spent over $150 on appetizer, drinks and entrees. So the price was a little high. Overall I'd give it a B. I probably will make this a one time experience. There are more organized places in town with better pricing.Special Features:
- Everyone must have had theKevinDined on 2/16/2013Everyone must have had the same idea about delaying their Valentine's dinner until Saturday. Consequently we did't get seated until 7:30pm after we had a 7pm reservation. Luckily there was space at the bar where we enjoyed a drink while listening to the band. After we were seated the waiter must have been a little disoriented because he didn't bring us menus until we had been sitting for over 20 minutes. We had looked at menus while sitting at the bar but the waiter assumed we had memorized it because he asked us if we would like an appetizer without actually showing us a menu. Dinner itself took a while due to the heavy volume but the food was nice, a little heavy on the sauce (lots of salt) and they ran out of their signature rolls.Special Features:
- If you are in a hurry youOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013If you are in a hurry you might want to go elsewhere. However if you are on a date and have nothing to do afterwards this place is great. Wonderful crab claws and an excellent rib eye.Special Features:
- Special Night not that special.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013We had over 30 minute wait, even with reservations, we were also seated in the bar and not the dining area. THis was very noisy, dark and crowded. our food was not brought until after an hour after originally seated We did note the plates and all food was extremely hot and wondered if possibly re-heated (micorwave). The food however was delicious as usualy, other than I ordered the $19.99 special (always get) and my husband ordered a $39.99 steak, YOU COULD NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE :( ..(even the waiter couldnt) I was charged $7.99 for stuffed potato and not told this was extra when the sides were read off to me. It also was not worth it. We finally got through two and half hours after we arrived. :(Special Features:
- overbooked. couldn't get aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013overbooked. couldn't get a table. Ruined my Valentine date after i tipped the Valet 5 bucks for nothing. Unbelievable
- VALENTINE DAY AT ERNEST'S ORLEANSOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Sorry, I didn't get a chance to dine in the reservation were made for 8:00 pm. When my husband and I arrive at Ernest's Orleans they were sitting customers who had reservation of 7:00 and it was 8:00. We waited for 30 minutes and left. I have dined at Ernest's Orleans before and the service was excellent. I think they over book reservation.Thanks,The Hill FamilySpecial Features:
- Poorly RunDbsobgDined on 2/14/2013Worst planning for Valentines Day ever. Arrived on time for a 730 resv make weeks in advance. Upon arrival the line outside the restaurant consisted of dozens who had 600 and 630 resv, and were STILL in line. Poorly run. Poor insight to the meaning of resv, esp for such a special occasion. Could not, Would not stay! And will not be returning.
- 1st timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Need more servers especially for holidays. Guests had to wait too long to be greeted, to order, and then to pay. I even had to flag a server down to try to help the table next to me that sat for an hour while all the workers passed them by offering no service, greeting, or menu. Food was good but service and wait time was not. Luckily we had a reservation for 630 because everyone after us had to wait hours just to be seated. And apparently there was a drawing but no one cared to share that with us so we missed out on 2 chances of winning. :(Special Features:
- Reviewing a restaurant afterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Reviewing a restaurant after a one time visit on Valentine's Day is most likely not the most accurate! We called ahead and made reservations and had only a 30 minute wait for our table considering the crowd that was quite quick. The waiting area did get crowded but on a normal night it would be a comfortable place to wait on your table. We ordered steaks from the menu and they were very good! We did not order the special beacuse we weren't interested in that much food. The wait staff was working to be best of their abilities considering the number of people but we had to request bread and drink refills several times. The music was pleasant and took us back to the 70s era. We would return to Ernest's!Special Features:
- disappointment is an understatementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Two years ago when me and my husband went for Valentines day it was awesome!!! This year was the worst dining experience we have had anywhere in years. Something there went terribly wrong with the way management was running the place. It took us 45 minutes past our RESERVATION to get a table. Another 35 minutes to get a waiter to our table, then an hour later with still no food, no offer to refill our drinks, nothing, and never even got an apology, nothing. Then after being there for 3 hours, never offered dessert and never got 1 refill on our drinks. Absolutely terrible. Then to top it off was FORCED to pay $17 tip when service was not worth 17 cents. Don't plan to return, But with service like that, they will close soon anyway.
- Nice, but overpriced and crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Long time Shreveport resident who hadn't been to Ernest's in quite a while. Asked my wife where she wanted to go on Valentine's day, she wanted to try Ernest's. Very nice restaurant!!! However, they were clearly overbooked. Our table ended up being near the dayway in a hall, not the best scenario for a near $200 bill. The food was excellent, in line with the price. Wait staff was stretched, but very hard working. With our table stuck in the aisleway, we quite literally got surrounded by folks waiting on their table, and some were getting testy about the 45 minute to an hour wait, even with reservations. Not quite the romantic dinner you would expect.Special Features:
- MikeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013i was mass confusion that night they apparently over booked, the valet was using kitchen help from time to time. people that reserved seats for 700 waited in a crowded entry or outside for an hour and a half in some cases. our waiter couldn't keep up with which part of the meal he brought us so he would bring it again and we would have to tell him that we already had that entree VERY UnORGANIZED and will never return as will a lot of people thereSpecial Features:
- Worst dinning experience EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This was the WORST dinning experience I have had in my 60 years of life! There was a fixed menu for the night that we were not made aware of until we sat down. The menu was NOT what we would have ordered. It took 3 hours to eat our meal! It was noisy and cold and VERY expensive. $172 for two people is ridiculous! When we got ready to leave, there was only one person working at the valet station. I thought I was going to have to go get my own car. As it is, I had to point out where it was parked. This was the first time in many years that I had taken my sweet wife out for valentines and I wanted it to be special. Thanks Ernest's for ruining what was going to be a special night! We WON'T be back again!