Ernest's at NAIT
11762 106th Street
Edmonton, AB T5G 2R1Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ernest's at NAIT
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nait.ca/schoolofhospitality
- Phone: 7804718676x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 12:30pm; Friday Buffet: 11:00am-12:30pm Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 6:00pm - 7:30pm.
Ernest's follows the same calendar as our students, therefore the dining room is closed on weekends, major holidays, and the summer months.We do have some Friday lunches available as ala carte lunches as opposed to buffet. Please call for further details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Seasoned chef instructors/Second year Culinary Art
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For private functions both large and small, the dining room is equipped with a motion wall that allows for a separation of the facility to enable us to offer an intimate dining experience on one side as well as a large seating space. For reservations exceeding 12 guests we do ask that a menu be designed by our chef for your event. We do offer banquet menus created by our chefs for all special events during the service year. For more information please email email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Brent Murton 7804718676x
- Entertainment: During the school year Ernest's is a venue for a variety of "special events" allowing students to demonstrate creativity while interacting with the community. The Toque Demagny Scholarship Dinner, Young Culinarians Conquering Cancer, Team NAIT and Le club Culinaire fundraisers provide students with the opportunity to challenge their personal and professional bests.
We also feature Saturday night wine dinners featuring regional wines paired to perfection with our students culinary creations.
- Special Events: Ernest's follows the same calendar as our students, therefore the dining room is closed on weekends, major holidays, and the summer months.We do have some Friday lunches available as ala carte lunches as opposed to buffet. Please call for further details. Please note: for groups of 8 guests and larger, Ernest's does add an automatic service charge. As well all banquet, special function and buffet reservations, a service charge will be added automatically as well.
- Public Transit: There is a Public Transit stop at the corner of 106th Street and 118th Avenue, as well as a Stop at Kingsway Garden Mall.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have a surface lot available to our guests who dine with us in the evening, lot C directly across from the dining room entrance on 117th Avenue. For lunch we have a parkade that is shared by staff and students as well as guests. Parking is at a premium during the day, so we do advise an early arrival.
A word from Ernest's at NAIT
ERNEST dining room has been aptly described as the "jewel in the crown" of School of Hospitality's new Hokanson Centre for Culinary Arts. Ernest's decor is described as "understated elegance". Tasteful compliments of cherry wood and brass highlights, muted lighting and attention to detail provide the room with a distinct corporate ambience. Critical acclaim and numerous accolades identify the "haute cuisine" prepared by second year Culinary Arts diploma students as "outstanding". Local media viewers have awarded Ernest's 41/2 stars out of 5. Seasoned chef instructors emphasize the importance of using high quality local regional products. Mastery of traditional cookery combined with contemporary artistry has resulted in a truly electric cuisine. Elegant service is provided by eager School of Hospitality students. An emphasis on etiquette and authenticity is encouraged through the guidance of professional mentors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ernest's at NAIT reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food great serviceTammy1225Dined on 4/22/2014Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the maitre d and seated. For our family of four we shared 4 apps and each had an entree. Price is very reasonable considering it is cooked by students in the culinary program. Nonetheless the food was flavourful and nicely presented. The student and the teacher both came to check on our meal. Our cutlery were changed every course and we even had an amuse Bouche and palette cleanser between our meals. The desserts were tasty and although the menu is not that big there's a variety of foods to choose from. They are closed between May to August. We will definitely be back when they change their menu.Special Features:
- RobertDined on 4/17/2014Tired Ernest's last week. We liked the dinning room where you do not feel cramped and the noise level was low. We went with the table d'hôte. Food was good but not to the level we were expecting for a culinary school. Service was good but you can feel that students feel they have to rush it bit but this seems to be an Alberta thing. Probably would go back and try something a la carte instead.Special Features:
- Ernest's Blows Socks Offf!!!agengdudeDined on 4/17/2014Our party of 9 just had a very, very fine 4 couse meal inspired by the up and coming alpha chefs graduating shortly from the Culinary Arts pgm at NAIT. Food was awesome, not just the curious blend of flavours (lavender ice cream), but the service and ambiance too!!!! Our server Sebastian ensured we had a very pleasant eveming. And if you stick around the chefs mingle and answer questions as well as gather feedback. Great job guys and gals and all the best in your future endeavours!!!! ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Terrific MealGood4EatingDined on 4/15/2014This was the best of the five or six dining experiences I have had at Ernest's. Everything we had to eat was delicious and beautifully served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfreddieDined on 4/10/2014I cannot speak highly enough of the food, service. What a perfect place to spend time with friends. The food was all explained and our questions answered.Special Features:
- DelishJennDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful food fit for a gourmet restaurant. Lovely service, very attentive. No complaints.Special Features:
- First time at Ernest'sTaniDined on 4/4/2014I was very impressed with Ernest's. From the moment we arrived to when we left the service was fabulous - always friendly and knowledgeable. The dining room was nice - I was expecting more of a school cafeteria! The food was really good and portions were a good size (i.e. not gigantic!). And very well plated - very professional. I was also pleasantly surprised at the wine list - good selection. Definitely would recommend coming here for dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendssoochDined on 4/4/2014Very relaxed and comfortable dining room.Everyone enjoyed their main course. Service was well timed and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing. It tookclaytont56Dined on 4/3/2014The food was amazing. It took a few minutes for a waitress to attend to us, but after we were acknowleded they were attentive and a pleasure to deal with. The restaurant also made every attempt to accomodate special dietary needs. I would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Ernest's Always a TreatgjcfreltDined on 4/3/2014As always, lunch at Ernest's is a pleasureable experience at a reasonable price. Add to that the feeling you are helping to train chefs at one of the finest training centres around and it is well worth the extra drive for us. Keep up the excellent standard. Need to plan to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everjunbugDined on 4/1/2014Edmonton's best kept secret. Prepared by "Chef's of the future". Great ambiance, Food that is prepared + Served by the Best.. If this is what NAIT is teaching, then Foodies, be prepared for a wonderful experience. I have been to dine here at least 6 times and have yet to be disappointed. Joan.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and it was great!10dinnersDined on 3/28/2014First time and it was great! The students did a great job explaining what we were eating and then the chefs came out to answer any questions. Beautiful presentation on the plates and everything tasted fabulous. Well have to try the brunch one Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Idea to Think AboutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014It was absolutely wonderful but 1 suggestion that being sell your recipes to the clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By far some of the best foodMrFoodieDined on 3/28/2014By far some of the best food I've had in Edmonton. I always enjoy going with here.Special Features:
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/27/2014This is the sixth time we have dined here and yet again we were very impressed with service and food. This is a restaurant that is truly remarkable and a gem.Special Features:
- Fantastic LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Babita was outstanding. Her recommendation of the duck confit, was on point. We finished with the perfect espresso! Bravo Ernest'sSpecial Features:
- Two dishes ordered. The firstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Two dishes ordered. The first was lamb chops which were reasonably good while the second dish, pork tenderloin, was dry with a few potatoes and two vegetables which were sour and uneatable. Based on this outting it would be hard to recommend this restaurant to anyone. That said my wife has been there two times and the meals on that day were good. Thank you.
- Culinary GemCulinarygemDined on 3/7/2014Finally back to the simple elegance! It was very nice to have ourselves seated at a table laid out in linen, fresh flowers and feeling elegant all around. The appetizers were varied and plentiful and very tasty. The food was not only tasty but appealing to the eye. My favourites were the unusual artisan cheeses and the succulent beef short ribs. definitely want the recipe! Too many deserts to try the first go around...but managed to have a good sampling thanks to my dinner companions. Would definitely go back for a special occasion or the Friday Lunch buffet! Yumm-o!Special Features:
- The best in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014Ernst restaurant is superb. The meal, the service and attention were outstanding. This is a true 5 star experience and the chefs and servers would be right at home in any fine dining establishment. Bravo NAIT for sharing your talented students with Edmonton. We will be back again and again. That is more than I can say for many other restaurants which claim to be fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ernest's at NAIT Review: IOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Ernest's at NAIT Review: I had a superb dining experience. My group was treated like royalty; the waiters were attentive and informative in regards to wine selections and food options. I had an incredible time at Ernest's; I enjoyed the 4 course meal option. The food was excellent. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at a Resonable PriceRubyDined on 2/28/2014The quality of the food and presentation was excellent, We were impressed by the menu choices and enjoyed all the courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunching with the GalsGolfGalsDined on 2/25/2014We always enjoy our Ernest's Experience. The table staff are excellent and all our concerns are dealt with politely and quickly. Over time, we have dined at Ernest's on several occasions and are always aware this is a "school" where the staff are students and on a learning curve. This includes the chefs and table servers. For this reason, we feel it is only helpful to voice those things we are not satisfied with. How else will the learning curve be effective. We also bear in mind that this is a school and there are bound to be slips. Overall the service, presentation, and food have always been enjoyed and the reasonable pricing very appreciated. The ambiance is great - lovely table settings and good spacing between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceAndreaDined on 2/14/2014I can't say enough about Ernest's. I have had many excellent meals there and Valentine's dinner was no different. The service was exceptional, our server was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Each course was delivered with details about what what it was and how it had been prepared. Prices are a bit on the expensive side but the quality and serving sizes are worth every penny. The lunch buffets on Fridays are fantastic as well. There is so much to choose from and you would never know it was prepared by students. All in all one of my top favourite places to eat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive!danetteDined on 2/13/2014The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant had good ambienceDennisDined on 2/13/2014The restaurant had good ambience and was relatively quiet. Food was very tasty and service polite and prompt. I will recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute LunchAllenDined on 2/13/2014Used Open Table to get a last minute lunch reservation and was not disappointed. we have eaten dinner here before and knew what kind of experience we were in for, but I have to say that our meal was simply great. The seared scallops, student created salad, and potato and chicken cream soup arrived promptly, and were seasoned very well. I particularly enjoyed the parmasan vinaigrette on the slad, something I had never had before. The rolls were fluffy, light and delicious, especially accompanied by the pesto butter and balsamic butter. Service was friendly, efficient, and knowledgable. Dessert was shared between us, a raspberry Pavlova with an espresso, a taste of Summer that was light, refreshing and the perfect end to a great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first class!margeDined on 2/4/2014My daughter in law and I dined here on a Tuesday night. We were initially impressed with the style of the dining room considering this is actually a school. Very nice. Our server was only 3 days on the job was very attentive and although she wasn't quite up to speed with our questions about the food she was very prompt in finding the answers. She did a great job! The food was amazing! You must try this awesome restaurant! Customer service is #1 and the food is superior! The bread and the amuse bouche were so so good! Mains excelled what we had at a prominent restaurant the week prior. So impressed1 You must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Experience for EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2014"We loved the relaxed service of the Servers - especially Dominic. We felt special with the visit of the Manager. We enjoyed the scrumptious food; which included a gift from the Kitchen. We shall definitely return to try more dishes. The Artic Char, Sirloin Steak and chicken were satisfying tastes for each patron. Two of us shared our food to gain the exquisite flavours. Service was well-timed and friendly, and all around affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal at Ernests.JaniceDined on 1/21/2014Excellent food and service at NAIT's culinary arts restaurant. I will definitely return. Prices are reasonable considering the food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Love Dining at Ernest's!MarloDined on 1/17/2014Ernest's Restaurant provides superb culinary taste treats with exceptional service! Edmonton is fortunate to have the BEST culinary arts program in the world. Our dining group left extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining experienceFoodieDined on 1/17/2014Food was amazing. My only comment was that because it is a teaching facility it can take time to get your food. Also, I would suggest making an earlier reservation because I had a late reservation and many of the menu items were not available. Great for an evening out where you are not in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - soso servicebirthdaygirlsDined on 1/17/2014We had wonderful food; however, the students handling the service have a lot to learn.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiting timeFoodieDined on 1/17/2014I found the waiting times between courses too lengthy. We were there for 2.5 hrs(not by choice).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in EdmontonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/12/2013My girlfriend took me out to Ernest's as a celebration dinner two days before Ernest's shuts down for Christmas break. I had heard good things about it for the past eight years or so, since I first attended NAIT as a student, but had never gone. The food was absolutely amazing. Top notch plating, unique combinations, and the flavor was absolutely exquisite. I had the prosciutto-wrapped chicken supreme, and the combination of ambiance, service, taste, and reasonable price made Ernest's a place we will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- * Outstanding Christmas Luncheon *CopperGemDined on 12/11/2013We were very lucky to get reservations for this years Christmas luncheon and what a great time we had. The food and atmosphere were absolutely exceptional and the wine selections to go with dinner were spot on as well. The starter salad had fabulous with soaked wild cherries and toasted hazelnuts. The entire meal was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Etiquette appointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013I met my client at Ernest's (at my client's suggestion) for a dining etiquette appointment. It was the first time for both of us at Ernest's and we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised to discover such an elegant fine dining venue at NAIT. Everything was executed with perfection, from the greeting at the door to the elegant and comfortable surroundings, the outstanding food and impeccable service. The wait staff (a culinary student) was very pleasant and most accommodating in every way. The presentation of every course was beautiful and professional and the flavours were unexpectedly delicious! What a treat! Ernest's was truly a divine culinary experience and I look forward to meeting more clients there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Great Value.FriendsDined on 12/3/2013I have been wanting to go to Ernest's for a an evening dinner. The Friday Lunch buffet is amazing and I wanted to experience the evening dinner. I am glad we did the food was exceptional and the presentation of the food was very nice. These are up and coming Culinary Students that will soon be working in some of our finest restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2013The raspberry cake was very dry and not tasty. The ribs were amazing. The soup was delicious. The salad was good and the apples were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2013The food prepared by the NAIT chefs-in-training is excellently cooked and presented. We started we the beef cheeks bruschetta. For our main courses, we selected the Alberta beef and the sable fish. Both were cooked perfectly and had great flavor. The great thing about dining at Ernest's is that there is the changing menu. We were informed that the menu will be changed in January with a focus on chemical gastronomy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat. ReasonablerobinsonDined on 11/20/2013Great place to eat. Reasonable prices. Very good serviceSpecial Features: