250 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.erminiaristorante.com/
- Phone: (212) 879-4284
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nikola Camaj 2128794284
A word from Erminia Ristorante
Erminia, opened in 1982, is New York City’s most romantic restaurant. Obtaining some of the Zagat Survey’s most highly rated scores for food, service and décor each year, the Roman influenced Italian food is second to none on the Upper East Side. Forbes Magazine twice selected Erminia as its number one Top Pick for food. Most diners agree that the original concoctions prepared here will win the hearts of all those who come to experience the fare. The Swiss Alps cabin-like atmosphere accents the rustic feel at Erminia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Erminia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Erminia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (70)neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (11)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Intimate perfectionBrowserVIPDined on 11/19/2014From the moment we walked in, it was special. The room is small, the candlelight makes everyone look good, the service is impeccable, and the food is great. Erminia is a very special spot we return to for a romantic evening, and it's also great when we have another couple with us. It's unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/18/2014truly a step back in time and I can't wait to return. Traditional Italian food that was delicious and loved the atmosphere. Very small restaurant with a romantic charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I loved this place.LAMK518Dined on 11/15/2014We had a wonderful evening at Erminia. We were warmly greeted at the door and ushered into a very romantic, inviting and cozy room.. The food was simply delicious. I had the lentil soup as an appetizer and it was truly the best I've ever had. My husband had a shrimp scampi type appetizer which was also delicious, and unusual, with some vegetables mixed in. Our main courses were also wonderful. I had a pasta dish with tomatoes, capers and olives; the pasta was perfectly cooked and the sauce and flavors were outstanding. My husband had a veal dish which he also said was wonderful. To top it all off we shared the ricotta cheesecake, which was light, creamy and delicious. I have seen a couple of reviews criticizing the service here; but our experience could not have been better. We were warmly welcomed, the waiter was attentive and helpful, and we were treated like long-time customers even though this was our first time here. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAtomsDined on 11/14/2014The food was A+, the service was amazing, and my girlfriend was blown away. The atmosphere really spoke volumes to relax and unwind with some good food. I'd recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very friendlyjerryfVIPDined on 11/8/2014I like a restaurant where they welcome you like an old friend, they are super courteous, and treat you like a guest. Unfortunately, you'll get none if that at Erminia . The food was average but way overpriced, as was the wine. There was not a smile during dinner or a thank you. Would you believe they asked us to move to a new table right in the middle of dinner because they needed our table for another party? Not a thank you, Not an after drink drink? Nada. I read this from some other reviews ,but seeing is believing. I'll never go again to a restaurant where I am not welcomed. This is the reason for the rating. Oh yes, it's a pretty and romantic place. Except you'll never feel that you are welcomed.
- Always wonderfulmegutsanDined on 11/7/2014Every time I go to NY I eat at Erminia and I continue to be surprised by these upper east side gem.Special Features:
- Charming!TerryVIPDined on 11/4/2014What a charming restaurant! Tucked away on a side street, it has only a dozen tables, and is really cute! Great service, great food and the best atmosphere for a romantic dinner we have encountered. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!HBezDined on 11/4/2014The food was excellent, as was the service. A classic Roman restaurant, very romantic, with candle light. I went with my mom and aunt, and we had a wonderful experience despite the intimacy of the restaurant. We briefly mentioned the idea of having a Chianti between the three of us, and the waiter quickly came over to share the fact that they were out of one specific bottle - very attentive service. Mom said "best calamari I've ever had." Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Secret is the food...DukeVIPDined on 10/31/2014Famous for its romantic ambiance, which it has, but the real draw here should be the food. Amazing pappardelle dish. Service is old world Italian. Great spot.Special Features:
- always a perfect experiencedianeVIPDined on 10/31/2014most satisfying atmosphere, superb service, excellent food with a creative touch,Special Features:
- off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/31/2014We have never been disappointed here but we both ordered the Tuna steak special and both of our dinners were over cooked. ....tasty but over cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonameVIPDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant defines the meaning of romantic. The service was very accommodating but unobtrusive. The food was outstanding. I had a half order of fettuccine bolognese as an appetizer and a lamb shank with Parmesan risotto as a main course. My wife reports her branzino was also excellent. Desert was a nice mousse with real whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.IlovenyDined on 10/24/2014It was the best dinner we've had in NY. So romantic - will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as always!MNdiner1VIPDined on 10/23/2014It's been a while since we've been to Erminia but it's just as charming as always and the food was exceptional. Our service was not the best (which has not been our experience in the past) but it wasn't bad either. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.GreatfoodgreatpriceDined on 10/18/2014I was expecting to pay more than your usual restaurant and understandably so, since it was our anniversary and we wanted great food & ambiance, but instead it was very loud and not romantic. The waiter was pushy and could barely be heard over the other diners that were all jammed into a very small dining room. I would not recommend this location to anyone I know.
- Amazing All Round experience!PerfectoDined on 10/18/2014The staff was very professional! Food was fantastic on every level. Perfectly cooked and plated. We went for our 10th wedding anniversary. We were extremely pleased with how romantic it was as well. We loved the cozy feel to the place. I think there was 12 tables in there? It just made us feel very special and we could see why it had won so many awards and been given so many Great reviews! It reminded me of a place you would see in a movie where a man is asking for a woman's hand in marriage. Perfect in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bisquitjmDined on 10/16/2014A wonderful restaurant. Have not been there and a few years, and it is just as I remembered.Special Features:
- Erminia ReviewItalianoDined on 10/10/2014Food - excellent, Ambience - nice but not a lot of space, Service - Great, focus is on execution vs. friendlinessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want a serene dinner....Yummy44VIPDined on 10/7/2014It was a random selection, but emerged as a find. Delicious food, attentive service, delightfully serene, quiet ambiance. The only problem was that we felt somewhat rushed as utensils and dishes were quickly cleared while still over coffee. It is a small place, and clearly lingering is not encouraged, though the quiet, calm, dimly lit ambiance is very conducive to doing so. Overall a very nice place.Special Features:
- Cozy RomanticmfssDined on 10/4/2014Very nice small Romantic place, with a superb personal and food. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Too crowdedsa1209Dined on 9/19/2014Tiny restaurant, very quaint and the food was delicious. Unfortunately, it was so crowded, the staff constantly hit the back of out seats, or leaned on us every time they passed. I specifically requested a corner table and they put us in the middle. I would not go back. It was very annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't expect to returnShirleyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Not quiet and food anything but tasty. Will not go back.
- Since83Dined on 9/16/2014Going back for a birthday dinner after a many year absence the ambiance was perfect and romantic. Service was a different story. The waiter had the your too cheap response when we ordered a half bottle of champagne, appetizer and entre to split. The waiters expression of disdain was quite clear. It was the look of "if we were too cheap to spend enough", don't come here. A life time of dining out has left us looking for the little gems of each restaurant. We don't need another filet with a port wine reduction (yes, we are 50+). My wife ordered skewered veal with tomatoes and onion. The veal rolls showed up with neither tomatoes nor onion. We asked and the presentation and were barked at. He got his tip anyway, and now this review.Special Features:
- Anniversary...Donekayoh24Dined on 9/15/2014Possibly the most romantic quaint italian spot in the city, nestled on a cross street of the UES. Servers are all authentic, helpful, and nice. Dishes were delicious and spot on. Definitely recommend this as an awesome date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014One of the best Italian restaurants (including Italy) I have been to!Special Features:
- TerribledisgustedDined on 9/13/2014We had our table pushed back to accommodate people, rushed service....ridiculous.....loud,crowded, never would recommend !
- Outstanding local gemUESfamVIPDined on 9/13/2014Erminia is one of my favorite restaurants. The food and the service are always excellent and atmosphere is romantic and casual. Highly recommended. NB - the quarters are very tight and should be considered if that is a sensitivity for you or your party and the noise level will be affected by the number of parties more than two in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjv2VIPDined on 9/12/2014You will not be disappointed dining here. Small, quiet and romantic atmosphere with outstanding food. Nicola is great and can lead you well if you are looking for great Italian Reds!
- The very best of its kindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014If you want a quiet, warm, welcoming restaurant with outstanding cuisine, there is no better option in New York. This is an old-style, cozy, candle on the table place to spend the evening. We arrived at 6 PM and stayed until 11 PM. I was surprised that they don't serve hard liquor, so I missed my cognac, but their port was excellent. The veal was outstanding and they were flexible in servings (entrees as appetizers, split plates, sharing, substitutions). Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a hitdianeVIPDined on 9/10/2014a flawless dining experience! whether we want a quiet dinner alone or a fabulous meal to entertain guests, Erminia never lets us downSpecial Features:
- One of the bestChuckDined on 8/22/2014Eaten at hundreds of reataurants in the city as well as Italy and this was in the top 3 for food and service. Surprised I didn't find this place warlierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencePaddieDined on 8/19/2014I went here for dinner with a friend of mine and we had a fantastic meal. The tables are cozy but you don't feel like you're sitting on top of the table next to you. The service was impeccable. We didn't have to wait for anything. It was like they were anticipating our every need. Each plate was better than the next. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and plan on making it my go to on the ues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, tight seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was nice, with no one item standing out. Would be welcomed if the restaurant removed one or two tables from the dining area, giving waiters more room to interact with guests. Otherwise, constant bumping and confined corners. Service was very attentive. At $150-$200 for a couples dinner, I would not go back.
- Great meal in a perfect settingPfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Hadn't been here in years but all four of us had a great meal. Small restaurant with candles and romantic setting. Great food and great service. Perfect place to have a quiet dinner away from the maddening noise of NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJanDVIPDined on 8/5/2014We were a little nervous when we saw the B posted in the window but we loved the food and service. The room is small and cozy. And the restaurant iq quiet so hyou can concentrate on the food and conversation. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- IntimateBob1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Small, rather dark, with excellent food and an attentive staff. Who could ask for anything more? A bit pricey.Special Features:
- Great spotAlanKVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food, service, and decor was awesome. I highly recommend this place for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- The following 486 reviews are from the Erminia Ristorante reviews archive.
- Lee Ann DunnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This is a very special find and one that I would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet and intimate dinner experience. Our food was perfectly prepared and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to justify the pricesDany0Dined on 7/19/2014Food no better than at any mid-priced restaurant, only overpriced because of a supposedly intimate and sophisticated ambiance.
- perfect romantic dinnerfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We wanted a quiet romantic meal and Ermina was perfect. The food was delicious, attentive service, and cozy romantic atmosphere. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.