250 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.erminiaristorante.com/
- Phone: 2128794284
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nikola Camaj 2128794284
A word from Erminia Ristorante
Erminia, opened in 1982, is New York City’s most romantic restaurant. Obtaining some of the Zagat Survey’s most highly rated scores for food, service and décor each year, the Roman influenced Italian food is second to none on the Upper East Side. Forbes Magazine twice selected Erminia as its number one Top Pick for food. Most diners agree that the original concoctions prepared here will win the hearts of all those who come to experience the fare. The Swiss Alps cabin-like atmosphere accents the rustic feel at Erminia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Erminia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Erminia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (55)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (10)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was expecting to pay more than your usual restaurant and understandably so, since it was our anniversary and we wanted great food & ambiance, but instead it was very loud and not romantic. The waiter was pushy and could barely be heard over the other diners that were all jammed into a very small dining room. I would not recommend this location to anyone I know.
- Amazing All Round experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The staff was very professional! Food was fantastic on every level. Perfectly cooked and plated. We went for our 10th wedding anniversary. We were extremely pleased with how romantic it was as well. We loved the cozy feel to the place. I think there was 12 tables in there? It just made us feel very special and we could see why it had won so many awards and been given so many Great reviews! It reminded me of a place you would see in a movie where a man is asking for a woman's hand in marriage. Perfect in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014A wonderful restaurant. Have not been there and a few years, and it is just as I remembered.Special Features:
- Erminia ReviewItalianoDined on 10/10/2014Food - excellent, Ambience - nice but not a lot of space, Service - Great, focus is on execution vs. friendlinessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want a serene dinner....Yummy44VIPDined on 10/7/2014It was a random selection, but emerged as a find. Delicious food, attentive service, delightfully serene, quiet ambiance. The only problem was that we felt somewhat rushed as utensils and dishes were quickly cleared while still over coffee. It is a small place, and clearly lingering is not encouraged, though the quiet, calm, dimly lit ambiance is very conducive to doing so. Overall a very nice place.Special Features:
- Cozy RomanticmfssDined on 10/4/2014Very nice small Romantic place, with a superb personal and food. Nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Too crowdedsa1209Dined on 9/19/2014Tiny restaurant, very quaint and the food was delicious. Unfortunately, it was so crowded, the staff constantly hit the back of out seats, or leaned on us every time they passed. I specifically requested a corner table and they put us in the middle. I would not go back. It was very annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't expect to returnShirleyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Not quiet and food anything but tasty. Will not go back.
- Since83Dined on 9/16/2014Going back for a birthday dinner after a many year absence the ambiance was perfect and romantic. Service was a different story. The waiter had the your too cheap response when we ordered a half bottle of champagne, appetizer and entre to split. The waiters expression of disdain was quite clear. It was the look of "if we were too cheap to spend enough", don't come here. A life time of dining out has left us looking for the little gems of each restaurant. We don't need another filet with a port wine reduction (yes, we are 50+). My wife ordered skewered veal with tomatoes and onion. The veal rolls showed up with neither tomatoes nor onion. We asked and the presentation and were barked at. He got his tip anyway, and now this review.Special Features:
- Anniversary...Donekayoh24Dined on 9/15/2014Possibly the most romantic quaint italian spot in the city, nestled on a cross street of the UES. Servers are all authentic, helpful, and nice. Dishes were delicious and spot on. Definitely recommend this as an awesome date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014One of the best Italian restaurants (including Italy) I have been to!Special Features:
- TerribledisgustedDined on 9/13/2014We had our table pushed back to accommodate people, rushed service....ridiculous.....loud,crowded, never would recommend !
- Outstanding local gemUESfamVIPDined on 9/13/2014Erminia is one of my favorite restaurants. The food and the service are always excellent and atmosphere is romantic and casual. Highly recommended. NB - the quarters are very tight and should be considered if that is a sensitivity for you or your party and the noise level will be affected by the number of parties more than two in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bjv2VIPDined on 9/12/2014You will not be disappointed dining here. Small, quiet and romantic atmosphere with outstanding food. Nicola is great and can lead you well if you are looking for great Italian Reds!
- The very best of its kindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014If you want a quiet, warm, welcoming restaurant with outstanding cuisine, there is no better option in New York. This is an old-style, cozy, candle on the table place to spend the evening. We arrived at 6 PM and stayed until 11 PM. I was surprised that they don't serve hard liquor, so I missed my cognac, but their port was excellent. The veal was outstanding and they were flexible in servings (entrees as appetizers, split plates, sharing, substitutions). Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a hitdianeVIPDined on 9/10/2014a flawless dining experience! whether we want a quiet dinner alone or a fabulous meal to entertain guests, Erminia never lets us downSpecial Features:
- One of the bestChuckDined on 8/22/2014Eaten at hundreds of reataurants in the city as well as Italy and this was in the top 3 for food and service. Surprised I didn't find this place warlierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencePaddieDined on 8/19/2014I went here for dinner with a friend of mine and we had a fantastic meal. The tables are cozy but you don't feel like you're sitting on top of the table next to you. The service was impeccable. We didn't have to wait for anything. It was like they were anticipating our every need. Each plate was better than the next. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and plan on making it my go to on the ues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, tight seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was nice, with no one item standing out. Would be welcomed if the restaurant removed one or two tables from the dining area, giving waiters more room to interact with guests. Otherwise, constant bumping and confined corners. Service was very attentive. At $150-$200 for a couples dinner, I would not go back.
- Great meal in a perfect settingPfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Hadn't been here in years but all four of us had a great meal. Small restaurant with candles and romantic setting. Great food and great service. Perfect place to have a quiet dinner away from the maddening noise of NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJanDVIPDined on 8/5/2014We were a little nervous when we saw the B posted in the window but we loved the food and service. The room is small and cozy. And the restaurant iq quiet so hyou can concentrate on the food and conversation. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- Excellent ItaliantywoDined on 8/4/2014Very well prepared food - tasty and flavorful with excellent ingredients. Very small and could be cramped if full. Very attentive and helpful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IntimateBob1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Small, rather dark, with excellent food and an attentive staff. Who could ask for anything more? A bit pricey.Special Features:
- Great spotAlanKVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food, service, and decor was awesome. I highly recommend this place for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- Lee Ann DunnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This is a very special find and one that I would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet and intimate dinner experience. Our food was perfectly prepared and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to justify the pricesDany0Dined on 7/19/2014Food no better than at any mid-priced restaurant, only overpriced because of a supposedly intimate and sophisticated ambiance.
- perfect romantic dinnerfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We wanted a quiet romantic meal and Ermina was perfect. The food was delicious, attentive service, and cozy romantic atmosphere. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Everything about this place was perfect. From the moment you walk through the door until the last bite to eat it is all it's cracked up to be. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really excellent pastaeggyVIPDined on 7/11/2014I am a critical eater. Four of us ate there and all enjoyed our meals. Bread was not excellent which is too bad as food (pastas, chicken) all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJohnVIPDined on 6/24/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Erminia. This was our first time to dine there but had heard good things about it. We were not disappointed. Erminia is small and intimate and looks like what you may call your favorite neighborhood restaurant. We were given a corner table and the service was warm and friendly throughout the evening. The food was delicious especially the roasted calamari appetizer. Veal chop with white asparagus was perfectly done as was the lemon sole. Deserts were nothing special but overall this was a wonderful dinner and evening. We enjoyed a slow stroll back to our hotel afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 479 reviews are from the Erminia Ristorante reviews archive.
- Erminia Ristorante Forever!SeaBergerDined on 6/23/2014Perfect restaurant for a perfect evening. Our server, Massimo, was too good to be true! Food and wine were outstanding! Best tiramisu on the planet ( I have heard this before, but it's true!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ermines Never DisappointsBeej1000VIPDined on 6/18/2014Another delicious meal for us and our guests. Great lamb chops, great veal, great wine, gracious host. One of our go to spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FooddianeddVIPDined on 6/17/2014Loved the food and ambiance. Look forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2014The atmosphere was excellent, food was okay, service not that good. The waiter did not give my wife a chance to order a main course. He was surprised when I did and suggested we share it. I guess he thought we couldn't handle a normal Italian dinner. At least we had room for dessert. However, after we each ordered a tiramisu they brought out one for us to share.Special Features:
- WonderfulBkbm630Dined on 5/31/2014I've been here three times with my girlfriend and we love it. Cozy romantic candle lit dinner. Wonderful wine and wonderful food. Perfect date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the hillJustFolksVIPDined on 5/28/2014Past it's prime , though still romantic. Food is mediocre.Special Features:
- Ok not worth the hypeTpawarriorDined on 5/24/2014Service was horrible. Was treated like a second class citizen because I didn't wear a sport coat.
- LOVED IT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014Took my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday. He's a tough critic on restaurants because he loves great food, large portions and low prices (hard to find) but he was SO impressed with this dinner i had to pat myself on the back. Everything we got we were licking the plates clean the food was SO good. Even the bread basket was so delicious we had to have two!. We had two apps, two entrees and a half bottle of wine for about $120. We were in an out in just over an hr but it felt like we had been there longer as it was just a perfectly served relaxed meal. The restaurant was small, intimate and charming. The waiter was fantastic, knew everything about the dishes. I can't say enough good things, we will for sure be returning.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2014Erminia always hits a grand slam, food, ambiance and service are always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/1/2014This restaurant is consistently wonderful for the past 25 years that I have been eating there....my friend last night had a pasta that he said was the best he has ever eaten...homemade mozzarella to die for; a classic treasure.....the staff and owners are wonderful!Special Features: