250 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.erminiaristorante.com/
- Phone: 2128794284
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nikola Camaj 2128794284
A word from Erminia Ristorante
Erminia, opened in 1982, is New York City’s most romantic restaurant. Obtaining some of the Zagat Survey’s most highly rated scores for food, service and décor each year, the Roman influenced Italian food is second to none on the Upper East Side. Forbes Magazine twice selected Erminia as its number one Top Pick for food. Most diners agree that the original concoctions prepared here will win the hearts of all those who come to experience the fare. The Swiss Alps cabin-like atmosphere accents the rustic feel at Erminia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Erminia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Erminia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (50)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (13)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- One of the bestChuckDined on 8/22/2014Eaten at hundreds of reataurants in the city as well as Italy and this was in the top 3 for food and service. Surprised I didn't find this place warlierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencePaddieDined on 8/19/2014I went here for dinner with a friend of mine and we had a fantastic meal. The tables are cozy but you don't feel like you're sitting on top of the table next to you. The service was impeccable. We didn't have to wait for anything. It was like they were anticipating our every need. Each plate was better than the next. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and plan on making it my go to on the ues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, tight seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was nice, with no one item standing out. Would be welcomed if the restaurant removed one or two tables from the dining area, giving waiters more room to interact with guests. Otherwise, constant bumping and confined corners. Service was very attentive. At $150-$200 for a couples dinner, I would not go back.
- Great meal in a perfect settingPfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Hadn't been here in years but all four of us had a great meal. Small restaurant with candles and romantic setting. Great food and great service. Perfect place to have a quiet dinner away from the maddening noise of NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceJanDVIPDined on 8/5/2014We were a little nervous when we saw the B posted in the window but we loved the food and service. The room is small and cozy. And the restaurant iq quiet so hyou can concentrate on the food and conversation. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- IntimateBob1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Small, rather dark, with excellent food and an attentive staff. Who could ask for anything more? A bit pricey.Special Features:
- Great spotAlanKVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food, service, and decor was awesome. I highly recommend this place for a romantic evening!Special Features:
- Lee Ann DunnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This is a very special find and one that I would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet and intimate dinner experience. Our food was perfectly prepared and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to justify the pricesDany0Dined on 7/19/2014Food no better than at any mid-priced restaurant, only overpriced because of a supposedly intimate and sophisticated ambiance.
- perfect romantic dinnerfoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014We wanted a quiet romantic meal and Ermina was perfect. The food was delicious, attentive service, and cozy romantic atmosphere. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Everything about this place was perfect. From the moment you walk through the door until the last bite to eat it is all it's cracked up to be. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really excellent pastaeggyVIPDined on 7/11/2014I am a critical eater. Four of us ate there and all enjoyed our meals. Bread was not excellent which is too bad as food (pastas, chicken) all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJohnVIPDined on 6/24/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Erminia. This was our first time to dine there but had heard good things about it. We were not disappointed. Erminia is small and intimate and looks like what you may call your favorite neighborhood restaurant. We were given a corner table and the service was warm and friendly throughout the evening. The food was delicious especially the roasted calamari appetizer. Veal chop with white asparagus was perfectly done as was the lemon sole. Deserts were nothing special but overall this was a wonderful dinner and evening. We enjoyed a slow stroll back to our hotel afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Erminia Ristorante Forever!SeaBergerDined on 6/23/2014Perfect restaurant for a perfect evening. Our server, Massimo, was too good to be true! Food and wine were outstanding! Best tiramisu on the planet ( I have heard this before, but it's true!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ermines Never DisappointsBeej1000VIPDined on 6/18/2014Another delicious meal for us and our guests. Great lamb chops, great veal, great wine, gracious host. One of our go to spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FooddianeddVIPDined on 6/17/2014Loved the food and ambiance. Look forward to return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2014The atmosphere was excellent, food was okay, service not that good. The waiter did not give my wife a chance to order a main course. He was surprised when I did and suggested we share it. I guess he thought we couldn't handle a normal Italian dinner. At least we had room for dessert. However, after we each ordered a tiramisu they brought out one for us to share.Special Features:
- WonderfulBkbm630Dined on 5/31/2014I've been here three times with my girlfriend and we love it. Cozy romantic candle lit dinner. Wonderful wine and wonderful food. Perfect date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the hillJustFolksVIPDined on 5/28/2014Past it's prime , though still romantic. Food is mediocre.Special Features:
- Ok not worth the hypeTpawarriorDined on 5/24/2014Service was horrible. Was treated like a second class citizen because I didn't wear a sport coat.
- LOVED IT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2014Took my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday. He's a tough critic on restaurants because he loves great food, large portions and low prices (hard to find) but he was SO impressed with this dinner i had to pat myself on the back. Everything we got we were licking the plates clean the food was SO good. Even the bread basket was so delicious we had to have two!. We had two apps, two entrees and a half bottle of wine for about $120. We were in an out in just over an hr but it felt like we had been there longer as it was just a perfectly served relaxed meal. The restaurant was small, intimate and charming. The waiter was fantastic, knew everything about the dishes. I can't say enough good things, we will for sure be returning.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/13/2014Erminia always hits a grand slam, food, ambiance and service are always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 471 reviews are from the Erminia Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/1/2014This restaurant is consistently wonderful for the past 25 years that I have been eating there....my friend last night had a pasta that he said was the best he has ever eaten...homemade mozzarella to die for; a classic treasure.....the staff and owners are wonderful!Special Features:
- DisappointedKabsaabsVIPDined on 4/29/2014I arrived early to let them know that my wife and I would be celebrating our 30th Anniversary. She arrived 10 minutes later. Nada. No congrats. No; "Here's a flower for you" and most shocking, nothing at dessert. The people at the table next to us (it's a very small restaurant) were gushing and excited for us; not a word, or even gesture from the staff. Shocking, disappointing and should certainly earn major demerits in Erminia's "romantic" reputation.Special Features:
- Ermenia ReviewRichardDined on 4/29/2014As stated above, this restaurant is charming and intimate, but most of all, the food is fantastic! The staff is thoroughly professional, as well as agreeable. It has become one of our favorite restaurants in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambianceMrsCDined on 4/29/2014This was our first time to Erminia, when we arrived we instantly loved the charming and intimate ambiance of the restaurant. The staff were attentive and as this was a Tuesday night we were allowed to linger at our table until we were ready to leave. Appreciated the 'no cell phone' sign and the fact that it was observed! The restaurant is too small to cope with cellphone conversations. Unfortunately the food was average, not bad but not memorable. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary so overall the atmosphere won out but when we choose a 'food experience' Erminia won't be on our list.Special Features:
- simply a gemsushiloverVIPDined on 4/25/2014took my niece , who just got engaged and her fiancee , as a way to introduce them to a truly fabulous romantic restaurant with great food and service to back it up!!! as always, it was a perfect meal in a wonderful environment- they loved the total package and this will become a repeat restaurant for them- my wife and i have been going for over 20 years-never ever disappointedSpecial Features:
- RomanceRAPUNZELsbeauDined on 4/25/2014This restaurant was a gem. The cozy tables, the effortless service, the tempo of service, all were wonderful. Highly recommendable!Special Features:
- Shockingly Poor ServiceJillsVIPDined on 4/25/2014A quiet restaurant with a charming setting? Yes. Polite, attentive service? No (which is also the one word response we received when we requested a table against the wall). Waited over 30 min before we were given menus and able to order wine. One of our diners was not satisfied with his scallops and ceased eating. Not once did a member of the wait staff (and there were many, many) inquire how we were faring. In fact when the bill was presented, after many unheeded requests, there was not even a mere thank you! We are all frequent diners in all types of restaurants, and were shocked at with how much disregard we were treated. Sadly, Ermininia lost the opportunity to include the four of us as new regulars. I guess they simply don't care.
- WawoVIPDined on 4/24/2014Always impeccable service. Love, love, love the artichoke appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLoveSohoVIPDined on 4/23/2014Erminia is a treasure. Quiet, elegant in a simple way; wonderful food; polished service. No bar, but I knew that already. Always terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine list very overpriced...NotchucklesVIPDined on 4/10/2014Wine list very overpriced...Not a lot of choice Mostly Italian wines..No bar, which they should have told me when I made the reservation. Overall a good exerience and would return knowing their limitations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014The food was very good, perfectly seasoned, and wonderfully flavorful. The specials of the day reflected seasonal selections with a creative twist. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world and out of this worldDoctor7Dined on 3/28/2014Took my wife for her birthday. It was quaint and quiet with an old world charm. We felt we were eating dinner in a small European village. The BEST Italian food (with the possible exception of my wife's homemade sauce) that we have ever had. They also turned us on to a fantastic organic cabernet. We are going to become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spot !LillybelleVIPDined on 3/27/2014We have been wanting to go to Erminia for a long time but couldn't get a reservation, but last night we were able to get a table. It was wonderful! The ambiance is warm and delightful. The food was delicious. Italian restaurants abound in the UES but this one sets itself apart, because the food was so well prepared from homemade pasta to fish that was cooked perfectly, and not swimming in olive oil. Everyone at our table thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. The service was attentive. We will definitely try again for another reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic?BJDCVIPDined on 3/24/2014This restaurant has a reputation for being "one of the most romantic restaurants" in NYC. Romantic? More like musty. It's like dining in a cave. With odd decor and no charm. Plus, the fact that they serve NO LIQUOR -- just wine -- is something I wished I'd known in advance. After a long day, my husband and I each wanted a vodka, not a glass of white wine, to no avail. Also, I'm not wild about a restaurant who fancies themselves as fancy and then doesn't have a dress code. The people at the table next to us looked like slobs -- in bad T shirts and jeans. No good. I would never go back to Erminia, even though the food was okay, because everything else was not.
- They went out of their wayCJBrandoffVIPDined on 3/21/2014I wanted somethign very specific that wasnt on the menu and they made it without a single hint of judgement. The food was lovely and the space is very cozy. Liked it a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprisePrestplanVIPDined on 3/14/2014We weren't expecting much more than the normal a very side Italian restaurant. It's quite charming very small but the service,at least from our waiter,was exceptional. The young lady who took our coats couldn't have been nicer. My only negative would be that the owner ( I assume) was extremely stiff and not particularly friendly. Notwithstanding his coldness we would definitely go backySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceJweidzDined on 3/12/2014And a Great date spot! If you want good food, good wine and to wow your partner this is a very good choice. Took my girlfriend for her birthday and I'm still getting love from it.Special Features:
- we used to go here when wexyz123VIPDined on 3/10/2014we used to go here when we lived in nyc 25 years ago, and haven't been back. we wanted a restaurant on the upper east side for my birthday and thought of it, and so glad we did! we had a delicious meal, great service, and lots of fun. we will be back!Special Features: