Eric's-Univ of Houston-Hilton College
Houston, TX 77204Neighborhood:
University of Houston
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Eric's-Univ of Houston-Hilton College
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hrm.uh.edu/THE-COLLEGE/Our-Hotel/Erics-Restaurant/
- Phone: 7137432512
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30am - 11:00am. Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm. Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Bar: Open until 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Abbas Jafari
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant directly for groups of 12 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 7137432518x
A word from Eric's-Univ of Houston-Hilton College
Eric's restaurant is located in the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management, at the University of Houston's Hilton. We are a casual dining restaurant with seating for 115+ in the main dining room and bar area. We use only top quality ingredients, wonderfully prepared, at a moderate price. Our operation is unique in the sense that students from the Conrad N. Hilton School of Hotel and Restaurant Management are trained on a hands-on basis in the restaurant. We lookContinued
forward to serving you.
forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Eric's-Univ of Houston-Hilton College - Best Restaurants in University of Houston ›
Eric's-Univ of Houston-Hilton College reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- ERIC'S IS A GREAT PLACE -PatriciaDined on 10/15/2014We chose Eric's because of it's proximity to the Alley Theatre, now housed at the University of Houston (for a year). We found it easy to find, parking accessible, and a great place for a pre-theatre dinner. The restaurant is lovely and the service was superb. Portions were huge and the food was very good. We will try Eric's again.Special Features:
- Good for conversations with friendsfoxyDined on 10/15/2014The tables by the windows are always the best. The service is always excellent and the environment is friendly. Great for lunch with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch/DinnerEreviewsDined on 9/30/2014Eric's is without doubt the nicest place to go for a meal on the UH campus. It tends to be crowded around noon, but after 1pm it's wonderfully quiet. I particularly like the special salads (the recent shrimp/watermelon/greens/lemon vinaigrette was superb) and especially the catch of the day--the chef does great things with fresh and juicy seafood (trout, snapper, swordfish). More fish, please!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast servicelovinlunchDined on 9/12/2014I eat at Eric's for lunch often. This time they were extra fast with service. I was happily surprised.Special Features:
- The Lunch BunchBoftheBTeamDined on 9/12/2014Our office gathered to say farewell to our student assistant. The food was excellent as was the service. Definitely a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- ThompsonsDined on 9/6/2014Convenient for dining before or after attending the Alley@UH. Delicious food, lovely presentation, and courteous staff.Special Features:
- Nice placeluv2dineDined on 8/29/2014Eric's is a nice spot to have a quiet meal. It is student managed restaurant for the Conrad Hilton Hotel School, so the new students were learning service. Our meals were brought at separate times, but it was tasty and well prepared. The view out the large windows, watching the students and fans walking to their first football game of the season was fun. There was a special menu for the theater crowd which was thoughtful and made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Alley Theatre MenuBandNDined on 8/28/2014We'll try this again to try more items on the menu as it is convenient to "Alley Theatre @ UH" performances. Location is convenient, physical setting and the people are nice. Food was only OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a miss...Owls93VIPDined on 8/24/2014I've eaten here on several occasions this year because of my on campus activities however I need to explore more options I believe. The service starts off great but quickly becomes absent once the food is served. This is the most essential time to follow up if anything is needed, how is the food and drink refills. As for the quality of the food, it is consistently sub-par. There's nothing on the menu that excites and for the price (average to most places) it should be much better. For what I believe is supposed to be a learning environment for students pursuing hospitality there is much improvement and learning to be done.
- Great experiencedLPWoDined on 8/22/2014It was a great place to go before going to the Alley. We enjoyed it and will go again some time.Special Features:
- Pre-Alley at UH theatreCookerDined on 8/22/2014Our group of six had dinner at Eric's before the 8:00 pm curtain at the Alley Theatre's temporary setting. We ordered cocktails which were good but arrived after our salad course. With the exception of one plate of over-cooked tuna, the entrees were delicious with attractive presentation. Desserts were scrumptious as were espresso and coffee. We will definitely go back next time we go to the Alley.Special Features:
- Before theatreJollyRDined on 8/21/2014A delightful place to have dinner before performances of the Alley theatre now in residence at the Univ. Of Houston. It's a short 10-12 min walk cross campus from the theatre and has a special menu for theatre goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchlovinlunchDined on 8/13/2014Eric's is always my 1st food choice if I'm able to take an actual lunch outside of the office. I love the $8 lunch menu option. I do wish there was a chicken or seafood $8 option like there use to be instead of just the beef and pork or salad options. Either way the food is great and it's always exciting to see what $8 lunch menu options the restaurant will come up with each year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric's is a great place!AggieTrish06Dined on 8/5/2014I came upon this restuarant here at Open Table. I liked how the menu was simplistic and the entree items were affordable. The decor was contemporary and it had a very welcoming atmosphere. We went for an early dinner (5ish) and had immediate service. The food was fresh and prepared as requested. The server was very attentive and pleasant. There was an issue with an OpenTable Gift certificate that the manager was very cordial and worked out for us. Many thanks to the manager tonight who handled the certificate situation very delicately and politely. We really appreciated the superior service. It was a great experience and we expect to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Eric's-Univ of Houston-Hilton College reviews archive.
- Enjoyable food-and on UH campusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The location is very convenient, right here within the UH campus. Eric's also has pretty good fare at a reasonable price, as well. Service is friendly, and very accomodating. It may be hard to have a quiet lunch - it is pretty popular at noon, so go a little early or late if you want to have any serious meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable DiningTELESCOPEGUYDined on 3/17/2014We like Eric's as a meeting place to share a meal with friends. The food is very reasonably priced and excellent in quality for a very pleasant meal. The service is usually very good, the wait staff, university students, are always friendly, and the ambience is comfortable. Eric's fits our needs perfectly for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the salmon dishes!FoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014I had lunch here with a co-worker and clients. I had the salmon medallion which has slices of grapefruit and this is one of my favorite dishes. Our clients both had a salmon dish that came with vegetables and the said their dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- Special PlaceGlobal4foodiesDined on 2/21/2014This is a well appointed restaurant with excellent selections and prices from breakfast through dinner. The lunch menu is a reduced version of the dinner menu. Service is very good but student wait staff may be a bit green on occasion. The bar is very nice and the entire restaurant is surrounded in wood paneling. Because it is on campus it is generally overlooked by the downtown crowd but Eric's fits well with the boutique-like Hilton Hotel it serves.Special Features:
- The staff was gracious. ThepreciouscampDined on 2/14/2014The staff was gracious. The selections were fairly good. It is definitely not children friendly. We brought our toddler along and the restaurant had only two high chairs, both of which were being used. So we had to try and eat with a small child on our laps. It was difficult to say the least. My husband had to cut my steak as I held our daughter. The manager was very apologetic and actually comp'd our dinner. Which of course was very nice of him. Overall, we would return, just w/o our little one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotSkiffyDined on 2/14/2014If going to U. Of H for any reason, it is a good excuse to go to Eric's as it is a very nice restaurant where students practice what they are learning at the Hilton Hotel school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We walked in the evening of Valentine's Day and were presented with a special! We are so glad we selected the special. The presentation was excellent as was the food. We will definitely be back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the crab cake!HIrvVIPDined on 2/11/2014The crab cake (albeit $14 for only 1 per piece) was among the best we've ever had -- with good ratio of crabmeat to bread. The pan roasted salmon was cooked perfectly. Presto cream pasta was OK but not especially flavorful. Large selection of wines-by-the-glass. Convenient underground parking and handy if attending event at the hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionCougar77Dined on 12/20/2013We booked two tables for UH graduation celebration . We thought the restaurant would be crowded but it was not. Our waitress was very good, got our appetizers quickly . The entree are very fresh w nice preaentation. Four of us had fish, one had steak. Price is moderate, close to $30 per head. The table for 12 had some delays in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningBobbyjoDined on 11/19/2013Eric's is a gem for dining at UH. and the surrounding vicinity. High quality and tasty food on the menu at a reasonable price. The wait staff are courteous and efficient. They can handle a small and or larger groups. I am proud to take visitors to Eric's because my expectations are always met. Also, Eric's has that great hotel ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric's at UofHDoctorCDined on 10/17/2013Good restaurant and good price for lunch. Food is too salty but the waitress changed it to another dish for me immediately.Special Features:
- Not up to its usual standardLB4UHDined on 9/25/2013I tried the fish sandwich off the lunch special menu. The fish was soggy, so I am guessing it was made from frozen stock. It also came with onions which I always make a big point of not having on my food. That said, Erics is the go to place on campus and I am usually very satisfied with the hospitality and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teaching College Hits the SpotCholiM1VIPDined on 9/14/2013This training restaurant for students of the Hilton College for Hospitality provides an affordable option for Houstonians to enjoy quality food that supports a good cause. The food is generally tasty and well-prepared. The major downside is the slow service. Be prepared to enjoy a leisurely meal, as with student chefs and servers the effort to please is well-placed, but, relative youth trying real hard to do a good job makes for a longer prep time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No DessertWendyDined on 5/6/2013We came to lunch at Eric's for a friends birthday. After eating we all (7) decided to order dessert. When the manager brought us the menu he told us there was no napoleon, that was fine. We started to order and 4 wante creme brulee and 2 wanted the chocolate symphony. We were then told they only had 1 creme brulee and 1 chocolate symphony. We were totally dissappointed!!! It was only now 12:00.Special Features:
- extremely unpleasantsaku4Dined on 5/1/2013We had a farewell lunch for a coworker and this should have been memorable. However, during our lunch, the restaurant staff started vacuum cleaning multiple times in our nearby tables. It was extremely unpleasant and disturbing.Special Features:
- Bad Luck With ServiceChicJetsetterDined on 3/1/2013Food was good yet service was poor. We only saw our waitress about 3 times the entire hour we were there. Every other waiter seems fine. Must of only been our bad luck.Special Features:
- Food was fabulous. BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Food was fabulous. Birthday celebrant in group received special treat. Servers were very gracious.Special Features:
- Eric's is great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Eric's is great place to dine before taking in a concert or play at the University of Houston.
- This is an odd place to recommend.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012This is an odd place to recommend. It looks like a standard middle of the road hotel restaurant. The food is mediocre middle of the road hotel restaurant food. But much of the staff are University of Houston students earnestly studying hotel management and I found them to be charming, delightful and a fresh change from the usual restaurant experience.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2012The food is very good and the restaurant is attractive and comfortable. The service is iffy - some are better trained than others - but it's never bad.Special Features:
- Thank you so much for offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2012Thank you so much for offering vegetarian options (soup WITHOUT a meat base )
- Pre-event alternativehoustonfoodieVIPDined on 1/28/2012Good place to go before events at Moore School of Music or at Theater.Special Features:
- Excellent location for a quickOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2011Excellent location for a quick lunch on campus. Great food and service in the heart of UH.Special Features:
- Very good. I had the tunaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Very good. I had the tuna had the salmon. The fried calamari was good too! Our waiter was friendly and informative. For the lunch special menu, they should change the "Soup, salad, & entree." My date thought you get all three for around $8.Special Features:
- Just simply amazingly great,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2011Just simply amazingly great, energetic, and helpful staff. The chefs are top notch and always willing to try something new or make requested alterations. Both the lunch and dinner menus offer a strong array of possibilities.
- Awesome breakfast offeringsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/9/2011Awesome breakfast offerings and relaxing setting. One of the better Hotel Restaurants concerning food offerings in the city of Houston or any hotel I stayed at recently. Moreover, while the food is strong on taste and variety the prices are easy on the wallet. The staff is super friendly and very accommodating to special requests. Not a bad place to grab a drink after a day's work either.Special Features: