Eric's Italian Bistro
70 Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Eric's Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ericsbistro.com/
- Phone: (516) 280-5675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00mp;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: George Echeverria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off premises catering available. From just a few dishes...to an eloquent Bridal affair.
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant private room which accommodates up to 60 guests or take over entire restaurant for up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: George Echeverria 5162805675
A word from Eric's Italian Bistro
Eric's Italian Bistro is Mineola's new gem serving Modern and Classical Italian Cuisine. A family run restaurant which offers personal warm service. The kitchen is orchestrated by Star Chef/Owner George Echeverria whose delectable masterpieces will assure you an unforgettable experience.. An extensive ala carte menu is offered along with Lunch and Dinner Prix Fixe Menus as well. Enjoy Classical dishes such as a Grandma's Lasagna, Eggplant Parmigiana and Penne alla Vodka... or venture with Loin of Venison, French Frog Legs or a Whole Bronzini Puttanesca. Relax in our beautiful Wine Bar and enjoy a delectable appetizer or a full Main Course.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eric's Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (14)romantic (12)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic !!!TonySuzanne1Dined on 11/14/2014Super cozy and warm ambiance. Very knowledge waitress (Beatriz) of the specials and menu. Very personable and friendly bartender. Was here on a date and we were able to talk. Noise level was very low. The owner George walked around and made sure our food was to our liking. We only had appetizers, however, I have been here for dinner before and any dish you order you cannot go wrong with. Will be a life long customer !! Enjoy !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good FoodOpentableLIDined on 11/11/2014This is a very consistent place. We all loved our choices. Excellent Baked Clams, Fried Calamari, Seafood Salad, Steak and a wonderful Veal Sorrentino. The Tiramisu was to die for!! The room is classy and inviting. The Chef (George) walks around assuring that everyone is enjoying their experience and welcomes any special requests...nice touch! I will continue to recommend this place to all my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian food!luvreservationsDined on 11/8/2014We have been to Eric's several times and had always had a delicious meal.The service is outstanding; the staff is so friendly and gracious. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are generous. It's become one of our favorite places! We always recommend Eric's to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Atmosphere is warm & cozy! The dishes are mouth watering! Excellent place for friends and family gatherings! I will continue to return! Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014First time very impressed with the quality and the presentation of the food,service was very attentive, definitely recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryinMineolaDined on 11/6/2014We went to this restaurant on a recommendation from a friend. From the outside it was not impressive and there was no parking lot. However, I am very glad I went in. The food was excellent, the service was excellent (friendly and available), and the interior of the restaurant was very warm and welcoming. My wife and I shared a Caesar salad and they did not charge an obnoxious plate charge. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Awesome findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/6/2014Relatively new addition to Mineola. I hope it stays for a very long time! Great selection. Food extremely yummy. Even the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daisygirlVIPDined on 11/4/2014Ate there during Long Island restaurant week. Restaurant week menu offered more variety than usually offered during restaurant week. I ordered the veal marsala and was a little disappointed in the quality of the veal. Other than that, the food was delicious, included a complimentary appetizer, and after dinner cordial. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014we've been to Eric's 5 times and never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014We love coming here because of the food and the service. I highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- Local Gem in an unexpexted spotgoodtasteDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding personalized service, very attentive without being obtrusive. Wide range of menu choices with lots of great flavors. Many unique choices. Nice presentation. A personal favorite to which I'll go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpentableLIDined on 9/10/2014Details, Details, Details. Caring staff and beautiful atmosphere. Loved the pre-Dinner complimentary perks. Delicious Pasta Pescatore, Baked Clams and Shrimp Scampi. The most amazing Tiramisu. A very impressive wine list...by the botlle and glass selections. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!2fordinnerDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time here, but probably the last. The fried calamari had an odd, sour taste, my calamari & shrimp salad was severely underdressed. When I asked for more lemon/oo dressing, they brought me pesto and tried to convince me that was it (it was the dipping sauce for the fried calamari). The main courses were tasty but mine was swimming in a plate of sauce that hadn't been reduced/thickened or had the alchohol cooked out. Waitress seemed confused (new? bus person pressed into service?) most of the time, including when she brought the wrong wine, and proceeded to open it anyway. A real let down, even with a $15 coupon.Special Features:
- Hidden gemhunnewellVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great small restaurant; only dined here after hearing from two friends that it existed. A bit pricey for a local restaurant but food and service was good. Friendly staff was a plus. I would consider returning.Special Features:
- eloracDined on 8/8/2014A small neighborhood restaurant with excellent food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly service!LaneDined on 7/29/2014WE have been to Eric's three times now and thoroughly enjoy it each time. Food is very good and the service is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!LindaluDined on 7/29/2014Had a lovely dinner With friends here! All four of us ordered different meals and each one was as good as the next! The waiter was outstanding and provided on target recommendations! His after dinner aperitif was to die for! Lovely celebration of our anniversary with friends! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- The following 134 reviews are from the Eric's Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Went to lunch with co-workers and the food was fantastic. If you don't have alot of time this is the place to go. Waitress was so nice and helpful. I highly recommend Eric's for a delicious lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luvs2eatoutDined on 7/16/2014Ate an impromptu dinner here with two girlfriends. Didn't really know what to expect, but had heard good things about the place. It was midweek so we didn't have a problem getting a table, though there were many other tables occupied. The service couldn't have been better, the food was quite good and the ambience attractive and relaxing. As I live nearby, I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Amazing Gnocchi, Risotto and the best vodka sauce! A must try. Cannot wait to go back. Tops almost every NYC Italian restaurant I love.Special Features:
- DisappointedPothedinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have eaten here many times. Usually better. Had a veal dish. Overcooked. Same with the lobster special. Very noisy in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedjoyfulVIPDined on 7/12/2014Having tasted their food at some local events, we were disappointed when we visited their restaurant. While the service was excellent, the food left much to be desired.....salty, over cooked fish, bottle of wine was warm, special coffee was not hot. They did apologize but owner was defensive. A value points : owner visits every table & is a family owned business.Special Features:
- Lori3Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I have been to Eric's at least five times ...every time the food has been top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funGirlsDined on 7/2/2014took a friend out for dinner. her choice. was not disappointed! food was great, service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014We had been here previously for restaurant week so we wanted to return to take friends. Dinner was delicious. It has a wide menu with something for everyone.It is so nice that they bring bruschetta and warm bread while you're waiting for your meal. My one complaint is that it was hard to hear our conversations over the voices of the people in front and behind us. The noise level really affected our enjoyment of being at the bistro. Last time we were seated in the room with the bar which was so much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric has a great place!goodtasteDined on 6/21/2014Excellent variety with many complementary flavors. Something for everybody. Superb service with staff that is very attentive without seeming to hover over you. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric's Bistromd302VIPDined on 6/14/2014Neighborhood Gem with many choices on the menu. Service is attentive and the food was very good. Certainly worthy of a return visit.Special Features:
- Great foodTaracDined on 6/13/2014Have the risotto - it's delicious, as was my pasta puttanesca. The port wine pear and apple strudels were also great for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCwcobraDined on 6/7/2014This is the third time we have dined here and the food is always delicious. They start you off with complimentary bruschetta as well as a plate of cheese, salami, roast garlic. The dining room is kind of small and tends to get quite noisy on weekends so we prefer this plate during the week. Also they have a great 3 course Prix fix for $22.95 before 6:30PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service and good foodPaoloDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant is very cozy and good. Kirk is great and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet spot on Thursday nightweaselVIPDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant was very quiet on Thursday night - on a Friday night recently, it was extremely crowded and very noisy.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/23/2014We highly recommend it. It has become our favorite Italian restaurant. An added benefit is their convenient valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and intimate with great foodJoshVIPDined on 5/18/2014Came to Eric's after my son's graduation from Hofstra. We wanted a quiet locally owned small restaurant. We wanted to be able to have conversation over a terrific meal. This is the place! Service was excellent (attentive and informative). They were enthusiastic about their menu. Food was great (I had the veal and eggplant). Portions were big and filling. Really enjoyed the experience. I like supporting a local place. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DiningGCMamaDined on 5/11/2014Eric's just keeps getting better and better. We were there both Saturday and Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day with parts of our family whose schedules just didn't mesh. Everyone loved what they ordered. Stand out dishes were the veal sorentino, gnocchi bolognese, and shrimp scampi a la Romana, and duck in cherry sauce. The wait staff is attentive and friendly, and chef-owner George is always on hand to meet and greet. In fact, his own family was here celebrating as well. A delightful experience. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Appetizers and entrees uniformly good; had a tilapia (St.Peter's Fish) dish that was as good as you can make tilapia; excellent bruschetta served free at table. Desserts just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric's Italian Bistroez2pleaseDined on 5/10/2014We had a large party (12) with three children on a Saturday night. They gave us a nice table in the semi-private back room area. The food was very good from the appetizers to the main courses, but the service was very slow. The wait staff appeared quite harried. Also they should have gotten the kids meals out sooner. I would be willing to overlook that and I would definitely go back perhaps with a smaller party and with no children. The menu is quite varied and worth exploring, and again the qulaity of the food was very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mouseDined on 5/9/2014The food is excellent but the red wine is too warmSpecial Features:
- Dining at Eric's Italian BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014My friend and I had dinner at Eric's last night and found it to be a very nice restaurant. Though smaller than some dining rooms, it has a very inviting and intimate atmosphere with music playing in the background. As for our dinner, our waiter was very helpful with the menu choices: I had chicken piccata and my friend had chicken florentine (both had pasta on the side). We also had a Caesar Salad before the main course. The wine listing was also extensive. I had an eclair for dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Italian food. Next time I'll try a different entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodkendigramVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was good, not fabulous, but we enjoyed very much. The staff was friendly and helpful and service was quite good. The chef was accommodating to my dietary needs. We would go again. We were there on a Saturday night and the place was full and lively.Special Features:
- Go for ityummyDined on 5/3/2014Food was very good- I've been to Eric's twice in the past 3 weeks. I don't eat meat - the fish choices were quite good. The chef selection pasta was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.