Eric's Italian Bistro
70 Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Eric's Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ericsbistro.com/
- Phone: 5162805675
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00mp;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: George Echeverria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off premises catering available. From just a few dishes...to an eloquent Bridal affair.
- Private Party Facilities: Elegant private room which accommodates up to 60 guests or take over entire restaurant for up to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: George Echeverria 5162805675
A word from Eric's Italian Bistro
Eric's Italian Bistro is Mineola's new gem serving Modern and Classical Italian Cuisine. A family run restaurant which offers personal warm service. The kitchen is orchestrated by Star Chef/Owner George Echeverria whose delectable masterpieces will assure you an unforgettable experience.. An extensive ala carte menu is offered along with Lunch and Dinner Prix Fixe Menus as well. Enjoy Classical dishes such as a Grandma's Lasagna, Eggplant Parmigiana and Penne alla Vodka... or venture with Loin of Venison, French Frog Legs or a Whole Bronzini Puttanesca. Relax in our beautiful Wine Bar and enjoy a delectable appetizer or a full Main Course.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eric's Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (10)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceOpentableLIDined on 9/10/2014Details, Details, Details. Caring staff and beautiful atmosphere. Loved the pre-Dinner complimentary perks. Delicious Pasta Pescatore, Baked Clams and Shrimp Scampi. The most amazing Tiramisu. A very impressive wine list...by the botlle and glass selections. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!2fordinnerDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time here, but probably the last. The fried calamari had an odd, sour taste, my calamari & shrimp salad was severely underdressed. When I asked for more lemon/oo dressing, they brought me pesto and tried to convince me that was it (it was the dipping sauce for the fried calamari). The main courses were tasty but mine was swimming in a plate of sauce that hadn't been reduced/thickened or had the alchohol cooked out. Waitress seemed confused (new? bus person pressed into service?) most of the time, including when she brought the wrong wine, and proceeded to open it anyway. A real let down, even with a $15 coupon.Special Features:
- Hidden gemhunnewellVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great small restaurant; only dined here after hearing from two friends that it existed. A bit pricey for a local restaurant but food and service was good. Friendly staff was a plus. I would consider returning.Special Features:
- eloracDined on 8/8/2014A small neighborhood restaurant with excellent food and outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly service!LaneDined on 7/29/2014WE have been to Eric's three times now and thoroughly enjoy it each time. Food is very good and the service is wonderful!Special Features:
- Great place for dinner!LindaluDined on 7/29/2014Had a lovely dinner With friends here! All four of us ordered different meals and each one was as good as the next! The waiter was outstanding and provided on target recommendations! His after dinner aperitif was to die for! Lovely celebration of our anniversary with friends! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Went to lunch with co-workers and the food was fantastic. If you don't have alot of time this is the place to go. Waitress was so nice and helpful. I highly recommend Eric's for a delicious lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luvs2eatoutDined on 7/16/2014Ate an impromptu dinner here with two girlfriends. Didn't really know what to expect, but had heard good things about the place. It was midweek so we didn't have a problem getting a table, though there were many other tables occupied. The service couldn't have been better, the food was quite good and the ambience attractive and relaxing. As I live nearby, I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Amazing Gnocchi, Risotto and the best vodka sauce! A must try. Cannot wait to go back. Tops almost every NYC Italian restaurant I love.Special Features:
- DisappointedPothedinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have eaten here many times. Usually better. Had a veal dish. Overcooked. Same with the lobster special. Very noisy in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedjoyfulVIPDined on 7/12/2014Having tasted their food at some local events, we were disappointed when we visited their restaurant. While the service was excellent, the food left much to be desired.....salty, over cooked fish, bottle of wine was warm, special coffee was not hot. They did apologize but owner was defensive. A value points : owner visits every table & is a family owned business.Special Features:
- Lori3Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I have been to Eric's at least five times ...every time the food has been top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funGirlsDined on 7/2/2014took a friend out for dinner. her choice. was not disappointed! food was great, service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2014We had been here previously for restaurant week so we wanted to return to take friends. Dinner was delicious. It has a wide menu with something for everyone.It is so nice that they bring bruschetta and warm bread while you're waiting for your meal. My one complaint is that it was hard to hear our conversations over the voices of the people in front and behind us. The noise level really affected our enjoyment of being at the bistro. Last time we were seated in the room with the bar which was so much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric has a great place!goodtasteDined on 6/21/2014Excellent variety with many complementary flavors. Something for everybody. Superb service with staff that is very attentive without seeming to hover over you. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric's Bistromd302VIPDined on 6/14/2014Neighborhood Gem with many choices on the menu. Service is attentive and the food was very good. Certainly worthy of a return visit.Special Features:
- Great foodTaracDined on 6/13/2014Have the risotto - it's delicious, as was my pasta puttanesca. The port wine pear and apple strudels were also great for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCwcobraDined on 6/7/2014This is the third time we have dined here and the food is always delicious. They start you off with complimentary bruschetta as well as a plate of cheese, salami, roast garlic. The dining room is kind of small and tends to get quite noisy on weekends so we prefer this plate during the week. Also they have a great 3 course Prix fix for $22.95 before 6:30PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service and good foodPaoloDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant is very cozy and good. Kirk is great and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet spot on Thursday nightweaselDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant was very quiet on Thursday night - on a Friday night recently, it was extremely crowded and very noisy.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/23/2014We highly recommend it. It has become our favorite Italian restaurant. An added benefit is their convenient valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Eric's Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- Quiet and intimate with great foodJoshVIPDined on 5/18/2014Came to Eric's after my son's graduation from Hofstra. We wanted a quiet locally owned small restaurant. We wanted to be able to have conversation over a terrific meal. This is the place! Service was excellent (attentive and informative). They were enthusiastic about their menu. Food was great (I had the veal and eggplant). Portions were big and filling. Really enjoyed the experience. I like supporting a local place. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DiningGCMamaDined on 5/11/2014Eric's just keeps getting better and better. We were there both Saturday and Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day with parts of our family whose schedules just didn't mesh. Everyone loved what they ordered. Stand out dishes were the veal sorentino, gnocchi bolognese, and shrimp scampi a la Romana, and duck in cherry sauce. The wait staff is attentive and friendly, and chef-owner George is always on hand to meet and greet. In fact, his own family was here celebrating as well. A delightful experience. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solid choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Appetizers and entrees uniformly good; had a tilapia (St.Peter's Fish) dish that was as good as you can make tilapia; excellent bruschetta served free at table. Desserts just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric's Italian Bistroez2pleaseDined on 5/10/2014We had a large party (12) with three children on a Saturday night. They gave us a nice table in the semi-private back room area. The food was very good from the appetizers to the main courses, but the service was very slow. The wait staff appeared quite harried. Also they should have gotten the kids meals out sooner. I would be willing to overlook that and I would definitely go back perhaps with a smaller party and with no children. The menu is quite varied and worth exploring, and again the qulaity of the food was very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mouseDined on 5/9/2014The food is excellent but the red wine is too warmSpecial Features:
- Dining at Eric's Italian BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014My friend and I had dinner at Eric's last night and found it to be a very nice restaurant. Though smaller than some dining rooms, it has a very inviting and intimate atmosphere with music playing in the background. As for our dinner, our waiter was very helpful with the menu choices: I had chicken piccata and my friend had chicken florentine (both had pasta on the side). We also had a Caesar Salad before the main course. The wine listing was also extensive. I had an eclair for dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Italian food. Next time I'll try a different entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodkendigramVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was good, not fabulous, but we enjoyed very much. The staff was friendly and helpful and service was quite good. The chef was accommodating to my dietary needs. We would go again. We were there on a Saturday night and the place was full and lively.Special Features:
- Go for ityummyDined on 5/3/2014Food was very good- I've been to Eric's twice in the past 3 weeks. I don't eat meat - the fish choices were quite good. The chef selection pasta was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food and ServiceJuneDined on 5/2/2014Went during Restaurant Week. Superb food and service! Had hot appetizer, mussels, lasagna and veal parmigiana. Dessert was a sampler of three amazing taste treats. Highly recommendable!Special Features:
- A Happy FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/1/2014We had a very enjoyable meal during restaurant week. The three course meal had many choices for appetizer and main course. We had different things and were pleased with everything. We looked at the extensive regular menu and we both commented that we'll be making return trips. I was on the phone the next day alerting friends to give this wonderful restaurant a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/30/2014The food was delicious and the service and ambiance were great.Special Features:
- A Hit!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2014Our second time at this restaurant and once again it didn't disappoint. Will surely dine there again.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I went to this restaurant after searching for well reviewed restaurants in Mineola. I took my aunt here and both of us were so glad that we tried it! The only shortcoming is the parking. The parking lot is a bit small but there is street parking available after 6pm. If you come for an early dinner you may have to feed the meter to last until 6. This is the only thing I could complain about becuase the food is delicious and the service was amazing. The decor and ambiance are lovely. We also tried an after dinner drink that the server called 'liquid happiness'. It is most certainly well named. It's a rich chocolate liquor with a hint of hazelnut. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I will certainly be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFinefoodaficionadoDined on 4/20/2014We had our family dinner here on Easter. Several of us had the specials which included lamb and filet mignon while the others had pasta dishes off the regular menu .All were delicious. Appetizers were particularly good especially the mushroom and goat cheese sachetti and the Italian sushi.The servers were very attentive and knowledgeable. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/19/2014This was our first visit to Erics. We have known George from his days at both Panama Hatties and Soigne and knew his food and his style to be as good as you could find anywhere in the metropolitan area. We were thrilled to find that Erics was no different. Every course was delicious from the mussels to the Black Mackeral in pea puree. Every aspect of the meal was delicious and memorable. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceOpentableLIDined on 4/12/2014Excellent Meatballs and Baked Clams...best we ever had. Our server was friendly and on top of our entire yet not intrusive. I loved the desserts as well. They also have a beautiful lounge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our third time therespunkeewonDined on 4/12/2014This is our third time there over the last 2 months. Food is excellent as is the service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Recommended to All !luvLIVIPDined on 4/10/2014Really good food and professional service. We ordered Fried calamari, Tomato & Goat Cheese Salad, Veal marsala and Bronzini Puttanesca. Everything was delicious. Right on the mark. Our waiter was very friendly and all smiles. We already reserved for this weekend for a table of eight!. Looking forward to a great time! PS Thank you for the complimentary after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PlaceOpenTableDined on 4/8/2014Classy decor with outstanding food and service. Monkfish special was delightful as were the baked clams. This is a family run restaurant and their caring touch truly shows. I would recommend this neighborhood gem to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.