340 N. Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.erbematte.com/
- Phone: 3102736500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 4:30p.m.-10:00p.m. Friday 4:30p.m.-11:00p.m. Saturday 6:00p.m.-11:00p.m. Sunday 6:00p.m.-10:00p.m. Happy Hours Monday-Friday 4:30p.m.-7:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Louis Kim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Erbe Matte
Welcome to Erbe Matte! Our restaurant welcomes you to enjoy our cuisine, specialty cocktails, enjoyable atmosphere, and impeccable service. Chef Louis is introducing his cuisine for the first time to the United States, incorporating Korean influences into Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Erbe Matte reviews from OpenTable diners
- To my surprise, they wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012To my surprise, they were not open...what kind of restaurant close on Saturday night.
- Save your money and eat elsewhere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012The restaurant menu looked interesting when I saw it on the Zagat, so I said lets's give it a try. I made a reservation and told my friend to meet me there. We're both foodies and enjoy Italian and Asian cuisines. My friend happend to get there before me and texted me that no other customer was there besides him. I half jokingly replied that we should go to another restaurant near by. In the end we didn't, but my first reaction proved to be right. While the appetizer was decent (scallops), the main courses we ordered were pretty bad. My "branzino" baked in salt crust tasted old and dry. My friend ordered veal loin and it was tasteless. The service was nice but couldn't compensate for poor food. The price was way to high for quality.
- We went for our 12th weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We went for our 12th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time. The food was fantastic--everything we ordered was delicious and cooked to perfection. Even the breadstick are soft and warm. Food presentation was beautiful. The drink menu is fun. The staff was extremely attentive and accomodating. Also, the physical space is stunning: simultaneously warm and inviting yet very modern and chic. Yes, the restaurant was empty but we cannot figure out why. Try it, you'll be pleasntly surprised.Special Features:
- They do Korean and Italian-OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/12/2012They do Korean and Italian- both are equally good. I've had private events here and they do a great job.Special Features:
- Worst place everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Some of the most horrible overpriced food i've ever had. The service was extremely slow even though the restaurant was almost completely empty. We waited over an hour after ordering while being one of only two groups even in the place.
- The food was ok, nothing toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2012The food was ok, nothing to rave about. The pricess are way too high for what you are getting. The staff was great but the resturant was empty on a thursday night.
- An interesting menu, combiningeatingfoolVIPDined on 2/25/2012An interesting menu, combining Italian & Korean food. The seafood is all perfectly cooked. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Very Good Food& Overcooked BranzinoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/18/2012For the most part, the food was superb. The branzino (sea bass cooked in a salt crust) , however, was unfortunately overcooked and it's flesh had a tough texture (instead of a tender one).Special Features:
- The restaurant is only fourOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2012The restaurant is only four months old and still seems to be finding its way. The service was indifferent, and the first two bottles of wine that we attempted to order (one white and one red) were not available. The cellar was being restocked, we were told. Thankfully, the food is quite good, which made the experience ultimately worthwhile. If they work on more attentive service and get a fully stocked wine selection, we would certainly consider going back.Special Features:
- went to restaurant for valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012went to restaurant for valentine's dinner. great set menu with much variety and flavor. unfortunately service was awful. had to ask for water twice before any was given. same went for the bread. and then we were given a sample of wine and the waiter never came back to check on if we liked it or if we wanted to try something else. i understand it was valentine's day and there was a fixed menu and it was busy, but this was very disappointing for such an elegant restaurant. good thing the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Food portions were too small.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2012Food portions were too small. We came home hungry after a 6 course pre-fix dinner
- Went for v-day. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Went for v-day. The food was actually very good but completely overshadowed by the terrible service. For a six-course meal at $65 per person: Our first four dishes came in rapid sequence within 30 mins, but then there was over a 30 minute wait until the waitress finally came and told us they had completely forgotten where we were in our meal and asked what we last ate. It was a total of over 45 minutes before we got our next dish, and then it seemed like we were forgotten yet again. It was another 45 minutes later that we got our beef tenderloins after reminding the waitress that we were waiting for our next course. Meanwhile, the table next to us just sat down and got dessert as their first dish by accident.
- VALENTINE'S MASSACREOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/14/2012What a sweet/sour experience for Valentine's: the restaurant is sophisticated, the food is nuovo cucina (artful small portions)and I can see there was some thought put into the prix fixe/fixed menu (7 courses). I was one of the lucky ones who received the courses in order; unfortunately for the tables on either side of my party, they'd receive course out of order; or they'd just receive one course; or, in the case of a couple of tables they didn't receive any course and the people just left--If it hadn't been for the drinks to calm us down, we would've done the same. They had a singer to serenade the customers, but after a technical mishap, she started singing but was buffetted about by the wait staff. Immensely discouraging.Special Features:
- Erbe Matte is excellenteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Excellent food, excellent service. The General Manager (I didn't catch his name, but it might be Young) is great at making people feel welcome. Try this place now before it becomes super crowded. It's only a matter of time.Special Features:
- I came for an early dineLAkatkDined on 2/3/2012I came for an early dineLA dinner with a friend and we tried both options. Restaurant was pretty empty due to early time. I had high hopes for this restaurant since the chef came from French Laundry. Maybe my expectations were too high. The appetizers - scallops and calamari were well seasoned and were pretty decent. The 2nd course was mixed. The agnolotti was a little over salted which made it difficult to eat. I felt like it had potential to be good. The tagliolini was just ok. When it came to mains, the grilled seafood was overcooked, dry, and tough to eat - the vegetables got a little bitter from being on the grill too long. My friend enjoyed her gal-bi-jim but I've definitely had better in Ktown. Drinks/desserts were fantastic though!
- Elegant but comfortable. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2012Elegant but comfortable. Service was excellent . Food is Exceptional. Overall a great findSpecial Features:
- Don't miss this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011I have been to this new Beverly Hills restaurant twice and look forward to returning. The food is innovative and delicious, the service excellent and the decor contemporary yet warm.Special Features:
- High priced but certainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2011High priced but certainly unexciting dishes came to the table. Nothing here to warrant another visit.
- Excellent mixture of KoreanLucky13VIPDined on 12/27/2011Excellent mixture of Korean and Italian, though most of what we ate was the traditional Korean. Breadsticks were only thing not good. Salads and appetizers were excellent. One of many restaurants in Beverly Hills stressing outdoor dining, though you're right on street at that point. It also means doors are open, and even when inside it was a bit chilly.Special Features:
- one of the best restaurantskvg15VIPDined on 12/10/2011one of the best restaurants in LA! The chef's creations are absolutely extraordinary - the agnolotti, tagliatelli, short ribs, all the apetizers, duck breast, sublime dessert - this is by far the best restaurant in Beverly Hills. The space itself is beautifully designed and a pleasure to be in. I hope more people will try it and make it their must stop, just like we have. This is our 3rd time back and we plan to go as often as possible.Special Features:
- Very cozy and very welcoming.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011Very cozy and very welcoming. Wanted to sit outside, but decided to sit indoors, which was warmed to perfection. We started with the tuna tataki and seared scallops. The tuna was oh so soft and had a buttery mouth-feel. It was served with a miso latte, sweet snow peas, a cauliflower/truffle puree and roasted tri-colored bell peppers. A very thoughtful dish that was well priced and artfully constructed. The seared scallops were perfectly cooked. There were licorice notes from the fennel and melodies of white wine humming from my fork. A definite revisit for my return visit. More polenta crusted bread please...the wait staff, very attentive. Make sure to ask for eric. The meal was perfectly paired with a very nice bottle of Pinot.Special Features:
- Disappointing Addition to Canon RowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2011This is a bad, EXPENSIVE, but very pretty new restaurant with good service. The food was bland - one dish was indistinguishable from another. It was exactly the old joke, "The food was bad, and there was so little of it." Don't waste your money...Canon is filled with tasty food.
- Amazing server. Ask for Kate.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2011Amazing server. Ask for Kate. Never had such sweet, personal service like this ever before!Special Features:
- Great food and excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011Great food and excellent service. The food takes a little to long to get to your table is the only negative criticism I have. Will definitely return.Special Features: